It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a 8 foot tall Shadow Thing spying on me in bed. "Top Hat Man"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

Not holding anything back, I guess I was in an odd mood when I wrote that. And I see your point.

I was out of line my apologies

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I saw one years ago I was wide awake but my husband was sleeping having a nightmare he was talking in his sleep screaming' he's coming.he's here ' and then this creepy shadow man in a broad brimmed hat showed up in the bedroom doorway and leaned in and looked at us
I pretended I didn't see him and he left

scared me s*%$less

Weird! - Once when I was 17, I had an experience that was so bizarre, I've never seen another paranormal story that is even remotely similar. So I usually just keep it tucked away because it doesn't apply to pretty much all the stories I hear. But you and your husband's experience actually made something go "bing!" in my head.

So I was 17, visiting colleges in Arizona. And visiting some cousins, with a slight detour to check out the Grand Canyon. In one of the hotels I was staying at, which didn't seem very old, I had an experience so strange that I still struggle just explaining on a basic level what happened.

It's late at night, I'm totally asleep. But at one point I became half-conscious - I vividly recall imagery of going around the outside of the hotel I was in, moving *very* fast. It didn't feel like it was me, but I was definitely seeing this. Then I somehow become aware of my body laying in bed. At this point I've started to give an unpleasant moan, as if very afraid. Two awarenesses going on simultaneously - one is me lying in bed, and the other is skirting the perimeter of the hotel (this was a very large place) - I can feel that I am the destination. The closer "I" get to me, the more intense the moaning becomes. I'm in bed, still half-asleep but quite aware that something is coming after me, getting closer and closer. Meanwhile I'm not "seeing" this something, but I am experiencing it. Seeing what it sees, feeling what it feels. At first it felt like emptiness. But as it got closer it felt primal, beastial. The feeling grew in intensity as it got closer, and its speed seemed to increase. It felt as light as the wind. Soon me/it zipped in through the window, and I burst out of sleep right at that point, just as this thing would have came upon me.

I'm near certain that there was some kind of entity out there and I had tapped into it somehow. Perhaps this is what angered it, or perhaps I picked up on its intentions and "spectated" it as a defense mechanism or something. Maybe I should start a thread on it, I know there's some people on ATS who could provide some interesting answers...

I never saw anything when I woke up, but it definitely seems like dreams - or the state of being unconscious - has something very important to certain types of entities. I don't think what I experienced was a "Top Hat Man", it felt far too sinister and beastial for that - plus I never actually saw it. But there must be something we have that they want - or something they find irresistible.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

Very akin to something that happened to me, dead on in fact with the "light on the wind" fastness. I don't feel like going to deep into detail, but believe me I honest and this happened, I will never forget. So I am lying in my friends moms bed asleep, (she doesn't sleep there, for obvious reasons I found out,
) and I am asleep, just plain asleep. The room is upstairs and across and right next to the stairs. You know how you notice things when your asleep but you don't really care, you just kind of note them instead of really giving a crap because your asleep? Well I noticed someone down stairs, and "noted" it, but didn't really care. Then it started to move very fast, like you said, "light on the wind" fast and that triggered my attention and kind of startled me and woke me up a bit. In a second it was upstairs and in my room. Next comes the sleep paralyzes part, but I don't believe in the modern explanation for these encounters. Anyway, in a typical sleep paralyzes kind of state where your too scared to whisper and still kinda in a trance of being asleep this thing started to roll me over and pushed my side. Take it for what you want to. I swear I know what you talking about with the 2 awarenesses at once. And the light on air. When I could finally talk no one would wake up for crap, like usual. I have a good amount of other instances that have occurred to me, in fact that house is very haunted and every fall everyone always reports hearing little kids in the basement.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I've only had one memory of this sort of thing happening, that was in a dream i had about 5 years ago. I was in my recently passed away nans house and everyone was there, i went to the toilet come back and no one was there, i then looked at her gate through the patio and i saw a cloaked figure walking towards me. it was like one of those dreams when you try to run away and you get nowhere, but then i awoke so i didn't understand if this meant anything? I also had a dream a long time ago, when i was about 12. i was at a park at night and a man in all black with no face was chasing me. I think this is jsut my immagination but lots of people see stuff like this in their dreams so i have no idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

nothing really new but still a mystery...ive been seeing shadows since i was little.. big or small figures passing by or meddling about mostly big ones ..till i cant sleep alone anymore. is your wife pregnant? its pretty common with pregnant women. my suggestion is dont give into the fear..that $ hit will F you up.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

nothing really new but still a mystery...ive been seeing shadows since i was little.. big or small figures passing by or meddling about mostly big ones ..till i cant sleep alone anymore. is your wife pregnant? its pretty common with pregnant women. my suggestion is dont give into the fear..that $ hit will F you up.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I'm not reading all however-many pages of replies there are here so if I repeat what someone else has already suggested, consider it reiteration or reinforcement to what they had said.

Firstly, I will say that I have seen this lately too. There is nothing to be afraid of, intimidating though this figure may seem. I don't know who he is nor what he wants, but I've never felt anything malevolent when he's about. I have felt on occasion that he has *tried* to inspire fear by standing right next to me and staring me in the face, but that's the extent of it. You might even get a cool draft blowing past or a cold feeling on your arm, shoulder, or back, but no matter what sensations you feel, there is nothing to fear. I don't have the feeling that this is a demon because with the fear you and your family have expressed, a demon would have taken up residence in one of you already. That fear response is the greatest weakness one can have. Get rid of it.

Please understand that all things are just simply expressions of energy. When you change the polarity of your energetic expression, you change the attraction/repulsion of other energies as well. Think this way and maybe you will understand: Like attracts like. If you want positive, pleasant, happy energies, you must express/espouse/shine those yourself. Fear attracts fear. Fearful energies can spin around me as much as they like, but they are not strong enough to cause me any misery at all.

Change your perspective/polarity. You'll have less problems in all walks of life.

You got your polls all mixed up. Sorry but being affraid attracts the opposite, which is not being affraid. You are the one with is affraid, the first poll, and the other is the one who is not affraid, the second poll. This is dualism or more commonly refered to in pop culture as ying and yang. If you were more "not afraid" than the other poll, wouldn't it make sense that the other poll would half to become "affraid" to harmonize.
edit on 7-3-2011 by poopmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've seen these freaky things my entire life! Granted, experiences with a certain "shamanic tool" have really opened my eyes to them. I've often awakened panicked and gasping to find them lurking in the corners. I have seen the "top hat man", but the one I see most frequently looks like a stingray that is "swimming" in the air.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftySinister

which tool would that be?

To the OP. I have come to refer to these things as watchers. I do not know all the answers but I have had a great deal of experience with them. you can pm me if you like.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I'm not sure I can post that information in the forum without it getting *snipped*.

Shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to tell you about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by LeftySinister

which tool would that be?

To the OP. I have come to refer to these things as watchers. I do not know all the answers but I have had a great deal of experience with them. you can pm me if you like.

Check out the references to "Watchers" in the Bible.

It equates them with Angels, surprisingly enough.

So I'm back to aliens again, and find myself going in circles.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I remember in my late teen years. I was living in my parents house, which backed onto this forest. Our back yard was three tiered. I was sitting on our deck grass on either side of the deck and I was facing a strip of yard that went up a step, yard up another step yard again. On either side of the stairs is a large garden with rhododengrins(spelling) In the far left side of the yard is a shed, with a rhodo that obscures it's view from where I am seated. On a number of occasions I would see a tall shawdowy figure that appeared to be wearing some kind of coat or cloak, and a brimmed hat. Reminded me of 20s-50s television depiction of a detective or police officer. The first time I saw this I freaked out and hurled my ash tray at the shed shouting at this shadowy being because I really thought some weird man was standing in my garden behind the bush next to the shed. I saw this shadow a handful more times over the years I was at that house, each time slightly less frightening with the last being one of pure fascination. I wanted to know what it was, how it was, why it was there and it perturbed me for quite some time. It absolutely smashed my entire beliefs. Again it didn't feel ghostly or alien just not right... and out of place almost, again each experience I would catch it out of the corner of my eye and when I would turn and look right at it it would exactly as you say " OH SH!!! " and gone either would appear to disappear as I blink or suddenly drop into the ground and vanish. Not exactly the same but similar. and I was completely awake not even in bed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
How big is the chance that

* you were already half asleep/awake...wanted to go to the bathroom in this state
* at the same moment, a car in front of the house turned and created this shadow within your door
* since the car/lights turned...the shadow moved/vanished in a way that it appeared to you like the shadow/thing wanted to hide the second you spotted it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Its odd but i have a book here, a catalog of Babylonian/Sumerian cylinder seal collection Harvard. Theres a guy with a top hat on one of the seals. I mean its a top hat. And those boys were fierce necromancers.

Now one wouldnt think of a top hat being a sort of eastern style but if you study those seals you find all sorts of strange headwear.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Baron Samedi maybe?

Baron Samedi (Baron Saturday, also Baron Samdi, Bawon Samedi, or Bawon Sanmdi) is one of the Loa of Haitian Voodoo. Samedi is a Loa of the dead, along with Baron's numerous other incarnations Baron Cimetière, Baron La Croix, and Baron Kriminel. He is the head of the Guédé family of Loa, or an aspect of them, or possibly their spiritual father. 'Samedi' means 'Saturday' in French. His wife is the Loa Maman Brigitte.

He is usually depicted with a top hat, black tuxedo, dark glasses, and cotton plugs in the nostrils, as if to resemble a corpse dressed and prepared for burial in the Haitian style.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You might be onto something with that vampire business. On my first night in a new house, I woke up to find one leaning over my bed, looking into my face. I put up my dukes and said, "Nosfaratu.", ready to punch, like I would hit anything if I did. It dispersed quickly.
I later found out the whole block was rife with them.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I can't honestly say i've felt my muscles tense up and blood start to flow like it did while I read your post there.
Sitting in a dark room like I do every night, I suddenly felt the room looking back at me for the first time.
Or at least the possibility there is something that could be. I don't usually succumb to such feelings.
I feel as though I am the predator, not the prey every waking hour. Until I read that. Then I became prey momentarily.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Don't be fooled by the whole alien thing my friend there are no such thing, just fallen angels that imitate what the general public perceive to be aliens. What you experienced is definitely something Demonic, i know that probably doesn't sound logical to you but let me tell you, if it was one of the good angels they would not just stand their and watch you then run away when it figures you've seen it. This was merely one of satans minions a fallen angel or something of the demonic realm, i wouldn't delve to much into what exactly it was but just be sure to know it was evil and not good. You can combat this thing only if your walking with Jesus Christ and you will be protected by him, these things absolutely fear him, and by faith and his name alone you could bring deliverance to your whole house if that was something you wanted to do.
edit on 28-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This past weekend on Saturday night, I saw a shadow person. I was standing outside talking to a friend of mine when I noticed it. It looked like a walking shadow. It stepped through my fence then froze for a second like it saw me looking. Then it slipped back and was gone. My friend had his back turned so he didn't see it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hi Muzzleflash, my name's Jen & I'm from South Africa. Bored the other night I randomly decided to do a little research on something that occurred when I was much younger (I'm 22 now), I was quite taken aback to actually find relating information on this topic & got goosebumps when reading about your experience.. Thought you'd be interested to hear mine & if there is anyone reading this that could help shed some light on what took place I'd be very appreciative as it's freaking me out now.. My story is as follows: I was somewhere between the ages of 6 - 8, my mum had gone out for the evening (my gran was home but definitely asleep). I can't remember the exact time, could've been any time between 7 & 9 (perhaps a little later), I was in my mum's room playing with my dolls in the corner with my back to the open door (I never leave doors open since then), I remember so clearly having a feeling suddenly come over me that I was being watched, I was a bit scared, then too afraid to turn around completely I strained my eye to look to side (I had turned ever so slightly & very slowly), I saw what I remember to be a 'wolf' figure (this is what I can't find info on), it's head was at the very top of the door looking directly at me - watching me, it's 'paw' was curled around the door edge (like a person peeking around the corner you know), it was definitely very tall, & it was dark grey, resembling a werewolf type of creature but not quite so vicious looking - it also didn't resemble the typical 'husky type look' that normal wolves have. I was so frozen with fear, trying not to even make breathing movements. It stayed there, as it was, watching me for about 10 minutes, then moved away (not fast or slow - normal pace), I assume it left completely, I got up & closed the bedroom door straight away. That was it. When my mum got home later that night I told her about it, & obviously thinking it was my imagination told me she had sent an angel to look after me while she was out.

It's never happened again since, just that one time that is a perfectly clear memory in my mind. I've mentioned it a couple times to few people over the years, didn't really invest too much thought in it although every time I think of it I get totally creeped out. I'm a very realistic, logical, & sensible person.. This is something I've never been able to make any sense of. It undoubtedly was not imagined or made up, as I said the memory is still so very clear. There was no particular smell or sound, it was dead-quiet & I wasn't tired, half-asleep or anything. It was out of the blue, I don't think I had even developed a proper concept of what ghosts & spirits were when I was that age, it didn't cross my mind back then. I've never suffered from sleeping difficulties, & I can count on one hand the number of nightmares I've had (none that could relate in the slightest way to this 'being'). Not sleep or dream related at all.

So that's my unexplained experience that I've carried in the back of my mind for so long. If you do come across any information regarding these tall strange things that 'spy' on people, please let me know. It'd be interesting to get some kind of better understanding of these happenings. Thanks..

(Kinda puts a weirder spin on things, huh?)

Jen

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenn9

Hey there Jenn9,im also South African.Interesting experience-though for a kiddy,terrifying for sure..When i was 16,i had an experience with a black shadow-person.I woke up from sleep and sat straight up in bed,thinking "What woke me up?!" -a very instant awakening,you know.Then in the corner of my room,a swirling mist formed,like those dust-dervishes that look like mini-tornadoes? Suddenly next to my bed appeared a +-6ft tall figure,pitch-black,no facial features or eyes visible.I was laying down flat on my bed then,and it was looking down at me.I did'nt feel any fear at all,strangely enough,just intense curiosity,and i was squinting up at it trying to make out a face,but it was just pitch-black.Like it was made out of moving shadows,within a fixed-shaped silhouette.After a few minutes,i could'nt keep my eyes open,so despite not wanting to offend it,i turned my back on it and fell asleep.The shape of the silhouette did remind me of my father who had passed on a few months before,so maybe thats why i was'nt scared.I did'nt sense evil or malicious intent from it,anyway.I will always remember that strange happening.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join