I saw a 8 foot tall Shadow Thing spying on me in bed. "Top Hat Man"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Jenn9

Hey there Jenn9,im also South African.Interesting experience-though for a kiddy,terrifying for sure..When i was 16,i had an experience with a black shadow-person.I woke up from sleep and sat straight up in bed,thinking "What woke me up?!" -a very instant awakening,you know..

I had a very similar experience to what you've just described in that I was once woken up in that same fashion. My bed (in my old house) used to be right against a _ I don't know what I was thinking but when I woke up with a start, my first instinct was to look outside the _ It was quite early morning but light enough to see across the road. Across the road was a tall shadow and even though it had no face or eyes that I could see, I could feel that it sensed me and was watching me. It freaked me out and two seconds later it was gone.

Some bizarre stuff going on that's for sure....

It seems the common thread is that we see these "things" when perhaps they don't expect us to see them. I woke up with a start - was it because this thing had just done something to me or was in my room and then escaped across the road instantly?? Who knows.

I can't remember for sure, but I think there's a Carlos Castaneda book that talks about them too.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The tales of the hat man intrigue and terrify me at the same time. I have never seen one but the amount of people who have and all report similar things is really interesting. But it just leaves me thinking what is it?

I was thinking perhaps it is something other Worldly and the reason for
The hat and cloak is to give it a human ish appearance but probably underneath it is quite
Different shaped. That's what it seems like to me the fact that it often moves when spotted means that although it has some kind of disguise it doesnt want you to know it was watching it.Also the fact that it is really dark could be because it is using a cloaking mechanism that messes with light? As someone suggested it may be the reason it comes at night is to observe our dreams or just to look at us when it will not be seen. We may think its not very interesting to watch someone sleeping but if this thing is other worldly then our actions may be completely abnormal and interesting to them.

Another thought is that if it a visiting creature from
Somewhere else then perhaps it is not always the same 'one' it could be multiple ones that use the same cloaking device. That might explain why some watch and disappear and some stay and watch for longer as they have different personalities.
edit on 4-4-2012 by eyesdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If you see a moving shadow without a person it means you need to get someone to remove the bad spirit. They are normally thought of in occult circles to be demonic entities usually made from bad energy or vibes( emotional energy) and are not usually fallen angels. I have heard of many of these and they also tend to be around people who are depressed: either making them depressed or being made from the depression. I have removed many of these and if anyone has one they should contact a priest, or rabbi or contact simonrob on oranum as I have remove lots of them ( also priests etc seem to not do these things like they used to)

Seriously people commit suicide because of the depression these things bring. So do not let a little problem become a big one. Best deal with them before they get big enough to be an actual person shape or size; best get rid of them when they are just small moving rat shape shadows.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have found a website that explained what you meant I think.

I too have had this happen and my girlfriend said that she thinks she has seen someone with a hat in our room.

Its strange but by the looks of it quite a few people have seen this before!

anyways heres a link

urbanlegendfolkloremyths.blogspot.co.uk...

Pretty much is the description of what I saw so thought it might help.

Again I know this thread is old but thought I might help as I too have been wondering recently!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The picture in this blog might look familiar.

Shadow Man

Hope it helps

AAC

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I too have had a similar experience. I was in bed sleeping and I suddenly felt the need to wake up because I felt uneasy and when I opened my eyes the front door was wide open and there was a very very tall figure, about five feet tall while crouching over, and it was right in front of my bed. I actually thought it was a thief trying to steal my laptop because it was standing over where I had left it, but this "thief" was far too tall, rather spindly physique, and all in black. Head to toe,maybe wearing some sort of hood or cloak. You see, I would have thought it was real had I not looked to the door again and realized that it was opened in the wrong direction. That was the only part of this experience that was not realistic. As soon as I realized this everything slowly faded away, the door was locked and closed, and no shadow figure was in my room.

I am not sure what to think of experiences like these, it seems to be a common image for some reason or another, as a child about eight, I would see these tall shadow figures walking around the street at night. I've heard of these figures being referred to as shadow people or thin man. I do not know where it comes from. If it happens again I would urge you to look for inconsistencies in your surroundings, like my door was opened in the wrong direction. Keep a book or a clock by your bed and try to read it if this happens again. If you cannot read or if you find something out of place, the vision will go away as soon as you realize that. I hear people call these waking visions hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations. They are a normal form of parasomnia, often accompanied by paralysis or a weight on the chest. Suddenly waking from sleep supposedly your mind doesn't fully terminate your dream and thus you perceive it in waking life. For people who have seen the shadow upon waking, I wonder if you can recall what you were dreaming of before opening your eyes?

Although I do accept the idea that these are hallucinations, I do wonder why so many people have the same hallucination. My mother has had a hypnagogic hallucination when sleep deprived but she did not see a shadow, she saw her boss. Other people I have spoken to saw other people they knew, or children. The fact that we see a featureless figure and not a "person" is strange to me. I think there is something more to them, while I was seeing these shadow figures I was also hearing many loud banging and scratching noises in my house and a very negative atmosphere. Those might have precipitated my mind creating the shadow figure or it might be evidence that there is something more to it. I do not know. I don't think they should be feared, though. You have complete control of them as they are hallucinations, they are projections in your mind, you can make them go away by realizing what they are.
edit on 30ppm123130pm by Spantsa because: adding more information
edit on 27ppm123127pm by Spantsa because: typos

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
When I was five, for about a two week period, I started walking in my sleep. I have not sleepwalked before or afterwards in my life. Until my mom secured the doors against me, I was always walking toward a stairway. If awakened during these sleep-walks, I started screaming uncontrollably for several minutes. I would not go back into my room after one of these sleepwalking episodes. If forced to, I started screaming again.

At this same time, I started telling stories about something "floating" at my bedroom window (and this was on the second floor of the house ... that window was easily 25 ft off the ground.) I called the something "Black Frankenstein" ... because it was very tall, it had a flat head and triangular-shaped eyes.

I've never told anyone about that experience, particularly, the odd detail about the unusual shape of the eyes. As I'm reading this discussion, my rational mind is offering all the usual culprits for the explanation (e.g. sleep paralysis, hypnagogic states, etc), but what is curious is that I haven't thought about this childhood episode in easily ... 20 years. I was triggered by the triangular eyes. And now, as I've been trying to remember details to write this post, I have suddenly found myself walking aimlessly about my house ... twice in a row.

Most peculiar.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This thing has been seen a lot at my parents house. It's been around for many years. My dad and mom told me countless times of seeing it walk through their home, or even walk by a window outside. They've seen it walk up on the front porch too. I've seen it a handful of times throughout the years and it is soot-black, about 8ft tall, with a top hat, and sometimes it's either wearing a suit, or it looks like it has a cape on. Very strange that people all over see this same thing. When my daughter was 3 she seen it in my parents laundry room and it scared the hell out of her. She gave the exact description.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join