It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a 8 foot tall Shadow Thing spying on me in bed. "Top Hat Man"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i believe what you saw was some kind of advanced being that travels through dimensions. the reason why i say this is because i read a story about aliens in suits that are almost identical to what you described. some kind of rounded off head and shoulders with an upside down triangle as their eye. im not making this up, i found the story quite interesting so when i read yours i immediately saw the connection.

supposedly these beings can float over water, and they dont move their arms or limbs. theyre kinda like drones.

i hope you and your family will be safe in the future, as we dont know whats out there. maybe you should set up surveillance? it would be a good idea, well worth the money.

good luck! very nice read.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

that's all good for you Anthony but I saw mine fully awake and as the hall light behind him was on it really made him show up it contrast to the hall light which he was blocking out ! A shadow in a long coat with a brad brimmed hat that blocks out light !!

yeah I forgot to put that in my description . sorry

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hey muzzleflash,i read most your post's/thread's and
you come across as a level headed guy so i really
belive you saw somthing that night.
i have read many threads on these "shadow beings"
and once saw what i can only describe as a ball like
mass of black smoke shoot past me at knee level
then vanish! not seen any more since and dont really want to.

i dont have all the answers but these sighting seem
to be ramping up for whatever reason.
strange days my friend very strange days.
stay well.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I saw Megan Fox ( or a woman that looked like her) spying on me whilst in bed and ask me if that Tee-Pee under the covers had Indians in it!!

Then I woke up and was a buzzzzing !!

Strange !!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this topic up mate. I think it important more people begin to understand what is around us and how best to deal with such things. But I won't be addressing how to deal with them from a Belief-System base.

Regarding this Hatman, I've had to deal with them a fair bit over the past 13 years or so. Long story of how it all came about which I don't wish to type up now, but I would like to offer information on what I learned about them and how to most effectively deal with them.

It isn't one being, it is a group or organisation of beings choosing the same MO, choosing the same appearances as a uniform and having a shared agenda, etc. I've seen on the astral level what some have done and are capable of, as well as seeing their intereferences in the physical world when they begin to work on someone.

This next bit will sound very strange. I learned the most effective way to deal with them is to love them unconditionally. See, told you it would sound strange. Here is a link to read about how I learned to do it..

Click on Me

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

well thanks for that ,I haven't seen such a thing in a long time and I'm not anxious for the practice but you did find a point that I have asked myself often. That is ,is their 'evil' JUST MY PERCEPTION ,like if you see a bug? And yes I have grown beyond the need to kill even the ugliest bug,so I guess I can come up with some tolerance(but no feeding) for some negs ,if I am ever unfortunate enough to to have to deal with them. That is good sensible practical advice ,I will use it

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi all,

Thought i'd throw my 2 cents in as I have a pretty good idea of what these are, as my tag suggests, i study shadows and shadowy things.

Fact is these are common, they're the little flashes you see out of the corner of your eyes quite often.

They can be manifested EASILY, even just from a dream as one person noted, saying their name is also another easy way to get them to show up, their name is common enough and related to what they do, if you've seen one and repeat their name alot in one go, they will show up. Even talking about some subjects brings them wandering around.

They're essentially watchers and they help people move from one side to another, they're not good or evil necessarily but they can go either way. They're actually quite balanced in their tasks.

Bad things about seeing them - They're pretty out of the ordinary and hence scary, but they're always wandering around working away, whether that's on helping people cross over or keeping an eye on people of interest. The OP can see ghosts for example, person of interest right there.

Now i will note here that they are actually very dangerous, if you mess with them, don't try making them turn up or provoking them (it's like being prank called at work). If seen they will usually retreat, but if you go into it too much they will attempt to scare you off. Imagine it not retreating out of the door but walking into the room, looming over you and grinning and bearing its teeth (can be done). It would scare you stiff

I am of the opinion they can also kill or speed along death if it is it's purpose here, which is incredibly, incredibly rare but usually comes in the form of a heart attack or natural occurence. (Just stopping breathing).

Good news! These things are agents of balance, they work in conjunction with a 'plan' for you, call it destiny or a life path or whatever. Meaning if you were in danger, from something not so good wanting to do you harm, one of these things can intervene for you and wipe out whatevers coming. They can literally watch over you and protect you while you sleep if there's something more worrying running about

To add a touch of personality to them, they all have their own names just like us and a loose sense of humour in some cases. They do get startled when we can see them because theyre not always perfect at being shadows, they have personalities. You can catch them in a half awake state when you're more receptive, but also in reflections from glass and the like.

Ignore them and let them get on with it is the best bet, they don't necessarily mean you harm. In some cases they really do guard you simply out of duty in maintaining the status quo. Which is sort of nice

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

more good information and food for thought Shadow Scholar,everything you said makes perfect sense in terms of my experience. I am rethinking everything I know about these things ,guess I should start by quitting calling them things,how 'bout others?
I should know better by now,no sympathy for the Devil though LOL!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowScholar
Hi all,

Just curious, where do you get you information? Or are these just the conclusions you've drawn after reading many shadow person accounts?

They can be manifested EASILY, even just from a dream as one person noted, saying their name is also another easy way to get them to show up, their name is common enough and related to what they do, if you've seen one and repeat their name alot in one go, they will show up. Even talking about some subjects brings them wandering around.

They have names? How do you know this? I have never heard any accounts of shadow people speaking, and their general form doesn't allow for reading name tags. How can I find out their name if I wanted to summon them, or will just saying "shadow person" over and over do it?

They're essentially watchers and they help people move from one side to another, they're not good or evil necessarily but they can go either way. They're actually quite balanced in their tasks.

I've read the accounts of dying people seeing them as well. But what are their other tasks, and how do you come to the conclusion that those tasks are balanced. Helping people cross over seems pretty good, so are you saying they have more nefarious tasks?

Bad things about seeing them - They're pretty out of the ordinary and hence scary, but they're always wandering around working away, whether that's on helping people cross over or keeping an eye on people of interest. The OP can see ghosts for example, person of interest right there.

What else makes someone a person of interest? I've heard theories that they are attracted to people who meditate, and for me they came the most when I was meditating before bed.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Best thing to do is to not call them by any name, shadow man is sort of good as its not really an accurate description. Because of the ease of manifestation, just leave them be wherever possible.

If you start to get a feeling of dread or you are worried one is watching you, look straight at the space where you think they may be, door, corner etc. and say, even if it's only internally. "I dare you."

They don't want to be seen and if you standup like that and one is around, it will probably take notice and shuffle off. Just be strong and clear and brave and it will dart off back to wherever it comes from. Don't be afraid of them

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Where do i get my info?

I've had personal experiences with them, i wouldn't necessarily believe they were real until i had a confrontation with some. After i realised they were real i spent alot of time studying them, not just on the internet, there are alot of sources out there, these things are old.

Yes they all have individual names, but it is not even their personal name that makes them appear, but their collective name. Even thinking on them for too long can cause them to start manifesting.

Forgive me if i don't give you hints and tips on summoning them by name etc, as i mentioned they're not to be toyed with, even though some people find it fun and interesting, if one decides it wants to spook you, you wont recover easy. They help people cross over, there are strong elements of life and death at work through these things and noone should play with that kind of force

As for nefarious means, they can be controlled by even higher powers again, which means occasionally they can be forced to do something out of the ordinary even to the point of seriously attacking people (and they get nasty). However the reason they are usually balanced is that they have a specific job to do and that if a higher power utilises them, they're bending the free will thing, everyones allowed a little bit of give, but say wiping someone off the map, thats a bigger task, concerning life and death and is such extremely uncommon.

Meditating will make you a person of interest to any spirit wandering around, especially where energy and chakras are concerned, it's like being in a room full of people with the lights off, then suddenly one of you lights up, now everyone in the room is staring at them.

They get interested by that, which is fair enough

edit on 14-10-2010 by ShadowScholar because: I'm a Spelling Nazi...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My encounter with the "hat man" was traumatizing for me. Even though it has been many years, I have only told those closest to me about it. Having read the post of others gives me courage to relate my experience.

I was 9 years old at the time and i shared a bedroom with my younger sister. We would always get up early Saturday mornings to catch all the cartoons. This particular Saturday I woke up arond 7:45 am. and made my way to the kitchen for a glass of orange juice. I turned on the televsion in the living room, but it was too early for the toons.

I decided to go back to bed for a while cause there wasn't anything on the tv. My dog was with me and he followed me into th bedroom and jumped up on my bed. I turned off the lamp light and got into bed. By now it wasn't too dark and even with the light off it wasn't completely dark in the bedroom.

That is when my dog began to growl. I looked at where he was and then he got up and jumped off the bed. He went under my sister's bed and began to whimper. I felt like someone was watching me so I looked up and leaning against the bedroom entrance was this man.

He was tall and had on a top hat with a long coat. Even though he was all black, I could see he had his arms folded and he had a smirk on his face. The worst was his red eyes. I was terrified and frozen with fear because I couldn't scream or move at all. I stared at this shadow man in a top hat and thought it couldn't be happening. He looked like he was enjoying my fear of him and he just stared at me and smiled.

Finally I reacted and just screamed as loud as i could. He didn't move an inch and still leaned against the bedroom door. I screamed again and my mom cried out to me and I heard her coming down the hall. That is when he just disappeared. My mom came into my room and held me , asking me what was wrong. By then the everyone was up.

I can honestly say that I have never been so scared in my life and I know that I was not dreaming or hallucinating. I was afraid of being ridiculed so I didn't tell anyone but my mom and sister. For a long time I just tried to forget it. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well for a long time after that. I didn't see him again ,but I did see shadow people during the time we lived in that house. I would mostly catch them out of the corner of my eye. I didn't feel the fear I felt when I saw him.

I can still remember to this day what he looked like , his evil smirk, his top hat and coat, and utter dread he instilled in me. I also know how my dog reacted and I doubt very much he would growl and become afraid of nothing.I guess it is a matter of seeing is believing.I have read on many theories and ideas as to what it could be. I myself cannot say for sure what it is. What i do know is that it terrified me and it felt sinister.

I'm glad for ATS because many people keep these experiences to themselves for fear of being ridiculed. Anyways, that is my experience and I am happy to know that I am not alone.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was talking about this thread to a friend of mine and she has extensive experience with Hat Man! she said when she was six she threw herself of the stairs thinking her Daddy would catch her,even though he wasn't around and Hat Man caught her !

after that she spent alot of time with Hat Man! she likes him but acknowledges,that Hat Man is creepy. I said how where you able to befriend him like that ? She said 'I walk between ' which is true she does

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

That's pretty cool, they truely can be there to protect people, you never know what else is out there, and having your own personal hat man could be pretty helpful

Alot of people have had experiences where they've suddenly been stopped and missed being hit by a car or lifted amazingly heavy things to save lives. Maybe they have their own little 'hat man' stepping in and helping out, making sure people live and do whatever it is they do?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have had a few similar experiences I'd like to share..

As a point of note, I'm a very active dreamer and often sleepwalk, talk and recall dreams and nightmares most nights of the week. I've had so many experiences I've learnt to tell the difference between something that is self-initiated subconsciously, and something that seems to come from an external source (whatever that may be).

Regarding the hat man, my experience with that was when lying in bed next to my boyfriend. I woke as though I hadn't been to sleep. I sat up knowing I was about to be looking at someone. The bedroom door was open and directly opposite in the bathroom was this man in black looking right at me.

The difference between other's experiences is that he didn't turn leave when I noticed him. He walked into the bedroom and disappeared at the foot of the bed. At this point, I got up and switched the light on.. slightly freaky I'll give you that! The feeling was of a very fundamental inner sort of negativity.

I've seen a few other people upon waking before. These days, I initially think I'm still dreaming but physically awake. I use techniques to ensure that I'm awake on a mental level. Sometimes, however, even after sitting up, lying down again, looking up (still there) turning on the light.. after all of that I get anxious if they're still there..

My thoughts on the matter are varied depending on my level of rationality and skepticism.. ask me tomorrow and I'll be all about the science..

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Noticed this thread just now, and I haven't even read the middle pages yet. But I think I can join tentatively anyway.

I have had app. 150 hours of very direct (plus several less intensive) encounters with these entities, starting 20-30 years ago and culminating on two occasions, two and six years ago.

It's not my intention to go into details, but just outline some general observations about these beings and my own reactions to them.

I have observed them in a completely 'ordinary' mindframe. That is, that I didn't go on an astral trip, didn't meditate, use drugs or anything out of the ordinary. I observed 'ordinary' life with its usual components as I always do, but at the same time these guys turned up as an addition to my normal perception process. Calling it an enhanced perception is maybe the most precise.

I have ofcourse been tested medically and psychologically for any serious dysfunctions. Seems I'm sound enough, with no braindamage, epilepsy or schizophrenia.

By character I'm a very analytical person, and even when I was the hardest pressed, I tried to observe the circumstances.

Altogether I've encountered 10+ different species with a total of probably more than 100 individuals. I've seen them, heard them (on a few occasions) and touched one (on one occasion).

They all demonstrated some common characteristics. They are non-corporeal (as compared to the 'normal physical' world of mankind). They can pass unhindered through (what we call) physical objects, or melt into physical objects. They have a basic individual appearance and identity, which they prefer to stay with, even if they are able to shapechange. Apparantly it's difficult for most of them to keep up a shapechanging for more than a few minutes.

As I have no reference-frame, it's difficult for me to have any definite opinions on, whether they appeared to me as they do in their own natural habitat, or if they perceptually have adapted to mankind's environment.

Furthermore the more advanced species possess mind/psi tech, with which they can influence human perception. Either because I unquestionably am a very stubborn person, or for other reasons, this mind/psi tech didn't bite too well on me, even after a whole day 'hearing threatening voices in my head' and extremely unpleasant sounds *. But it took its toll, and eventually I had to flee my home after being exposed to this.

For me this mind/psi invasion was 'visible', but there's another dimension to it, much more dangerous. It's my confirmed opinion, that many of such species belongs to a higher rung on a food-pyramid, where (for lack of a better word) bio-energy is their food. And strong emotions, especially negative such, make humans leak energy. And these species know how to provocate e.g. fear in humans.

This post is long enough as it is, so I'll end it with a few conclusive comments. I took a look at Tayesin's link, most of the material on 'negs' (negative entities) he presents is similar to my own observations.

They are not demonically 'evil' in the sense of total ethical corruption (however this can be defined). They are just predators, just as mankind and other animals are. But not only 'food' predators, there were also some shady deals going on, which at the human level would be defined as 'criminal'.

So maybe ShadowScholar have met another kind of entities than me, but these guys I encountered behaved more like some kind of renegade robber-barons or independent criminal gangs than someone, who has 'a task to perform'.

It took me five years to get rid of the fear implanted in me originally, not least because they kept hanging around invisible 'eating' me for a while.

150 hours of encounter is a long time, and I could write books about it. I have chosen to stay relatively silent, as I value my privacy very high. I also don't want to come into any stupid competition about being the most authentic encountee and I don't need money from writing such books.

So if anyone has any specific questions, please ask. Or add this post to the pile of general information without any special interest. I have nothing to sell.

* This didn't start immediately, but was introduced at a late point in the encounter. Clearly to intimidate me, after other methods had failed.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

wow that's a very interesting post! It rings true with me , I like to avoid these things ,if that's possible , or least 'taste bad' or be poisonous or whatever. I'm only in the last few years coming to an understanding of how they can manifest in this reality.
this covered years of experiences collaborated with other people,since we experienced some things together
I've had some when alone but not only alone dozens of us had manifestations when we were together .

so I've seen them touch things and me and others
i have to say I have seen more creepy ones than good pretty ones
but I have twice seen a beautiful one that protects me ,I won't go into the circumstances ,but it is a blue light that is alive and it is very pretty and when I see it I know I'm safe. It actually entered me the second time I saw it I wonder if it lives in me now?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I know what these things are. And you're right about them being predatory and their motivation. However, even though they tried to "feed", they were wasting their time, and eventually figured it out after however long they persisted. They were human, although probably not Earth human. The form that you perceived could have been the way they are used to manifesting in such a situation when trying to intimidate corporeals, or just as likely the way that your developed Intellect believed them to be in a cryptic metaphoric sense (they are intimidating and threatening, so they appear much larger since larger is inherently more threatening).

Interaction between these two realms is difficult, but we have to always remember that our corporeal sensibilities can only perceive a portion of what we, as hybrid beings, physical consist of. In essence, there is what we are and there is also what we are progressively developing as we continue as corporeal beings. That developing being exists in that other realm, and is subject to the physical presences that exist in that other realm. Most of us have varying levels of protection - not God or angels, but interested parties nonetheless - but even so, these parties can be overwhelmed at times, exposing our developing selves to malevolent threats. That said, the physical nature of our developing selves makes it impossible for these threats to actually injure us, but the assault can disrupt our development, or even introduce a causal trajectory redirection, which can be catastrophic to the developing self. To that end, it's critical to always know - as a corporeal author - that you are the only one who is in charge of the developing self, regardless of what you perceive or have been led to believe.

Think of this life as the 2nd stage of your full gestational process. The 1st stage brought your corporeal system into viability, and now that system is generating the real you. Those 8 foot *ssholes had their shot at becoming something positive and powerful, and they blew it. And they know it, as does everything in that realm that they interact with. There are plenty of those losers out there, and misery loves company. Each of us has the opportunity to become something magnificent, and it's during this corporeal run that we're given the chance to put it together.
edit on 10/17/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi NorEaster,

if I could, I would give you ten stars for your post; not that I believe such would be of any great importance to you or me, but just to show my appreciation. This was simply lucid, and I don't throw that word around lightly.

Your specifics are very precise, and the implications far-reaching.

Even when you wrote:

"Each of us has the opportunity to become something magnificent, and it's during this corporeal run that we're given the chance to put it together."

.....I can see great insight (ofcourse IMO). Because while I MAY eventually disagree with you concerning cosmic or theistic motives for the corporeal run, it (the corporeal run) is nonetheless our mainly operative base, and no amount of speculative, premature answers will help us. For good or bad, 'here' is where we are, and we have to make the best of it.

I hope, we'll have a chance to continue in that direction on some occasion. Should that occasion be on this thread, I'll hang around and wait. You choose any specific point, and enlarge on it (with whatever due respect is needed to stay on-topic ofcourse).

Greetings from a pleasantly surprised Bogomil

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Re Mrs. Blonde

As an addition to my above post to NorEaster, I have a few comments. From my own experience, and from direct communication with other encountees, I have noticed a rather unpleasant post-effect of encounters:

It's difficult to talk about it.

Not because of fear of social ridicule, but there seems to be an actual psychological 'block'. In my case I have observed mental tiredness, when I have forced myself to go public in spite of my initial reluctance, and I have a kind of vague fear of 'retaliation', if I get to talkative.

In modern terms: A kind of 'Men in black' syndrome.

In spite of this unpleasant hurdle I believe, that transparency is important, and it has to be acchieved.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join