It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazca Lines - Peru

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by artistpoet
My point is we should not take theory as fact -

Yet you and I could see the same exact thing (oh, say like a video of a UFO) and come to two different opinions. We both actually saw something. Does that prove anything?

Our senses are subjective. Our perceptions of the same exact thing--anything at all--can be completely different.

Logic just IS.

eta: sorry OP. Not meaning to continue a derail...

edit on 10/2/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

No problem - it was a valid point to discuss.

The last few posts made some excellent points regarding the fact that it is not unique in history, and that it could simply be just another form of a continuing trend.

I just find it intriguing that these particular lines are different from the rest for the reasons I cited previously, but given the arguments for why they might have been created, they do make sense.

Another reason I find this period particularly interesting is that in China they have found references to "things in the sky" that aren't simply explained by natural occurrences such as comets for example.

We have this idea that if aliens are visiting us, they are using faster than light craft, and can go anywhere instantly, but what if they have adhere to the same physics as us, and can't for example manipulate gravity? It would mean that travel times for them are greatly increased, and so if we are being visited, maybe we wouldn't be visit as frequently as we think (instead of a few times a day, maybe once every couple of thousand years for example).

It is not every day that we visit our own solar system, so it would be reasonable to think the same of other life out there.

www.ufoevidence.org...

...The sighting of strange objects in the sky may actually predate the emergence of modern man. Perhaps the earliest depiction of cylindrical objects resembling spacecraft, with what might be their extraterrestrial occupants, are those carved on a granite mountain and on rocks on an island in Hunan Province, China. They have been assigned a tentative age of 47,000 years, which puts them within the time-span of Neanderthal man, predating modern Homo sapiens.

One of the first written accounts of a UFO sighting -- a fleet of flying saucers, perhaps -- is the following excerpt from an Egyptian papyrus -- part of the annals of Thutmose III, who reigned around 1504-1450 B.C....

Whilst these drawings in the mountain in Peru may be quite recent in history, it is the fact they have been drawn in this way that gets my attention.

In China, they also found carvings in the mountainside. It is this specific pattern of these drawings appearing in this manner that is the most interesting part of all.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

You might find this interesting, too. It's about figures on hillsides in England.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry I didn't post the pictures but if you scroll to the bottom there are several under the article.

The White Horse at Uffington is the one I am most familiar with, but there are several more.

edit on 10/3/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: I decided to only post the link since Wallender mysteries is starting....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

but I find it interesting on a whole different level when strange drawings of apparently alien beings are drawn on a massive scale in the mountains by people hundreds, if not thousands, of years ago, when they have little obvious reason to do so, given their apparent lower intelligence compared to today.

Why do you think humans were of "lower intelligence" hundreds or thousands of years ago? Was Leonardo stupid? Was Socrates stupid?

edit on 10/2/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

They weren't of "lower intelligence", but neither Leonardo nor Socrates could tell you why an apple falling from a tree would hit the ground.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think what he might be trying to get at is, our current level of intelligence about the world was more than likely more advanced, technologically speaking, than theirs. I would agree with phage that, these people had the same capabilities as us to learn, its just that they didnt have the same tools and knowledge that we have.

Two things I find interesting about Nazca, is how one of the mountain tops has been completely removed and leveled, or so it seems.

The second thing came from von daniken/ancient aliens series that said the nazca lines were covered in a fine powdered glass of some sort. I think it would be interesting to see how they made this substance, and why exactly they chose it, what if any special properties could have.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

It would be more interesting to find out if Von Daniken's claim about that "glass" that is true. A great many of them are not.

I'm not sure what you're referring to but there are flat topped mesas in many places. There is no reason to believe any of those at Nazca are artificial.

edit on 10/3/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
these have always interested me, they also have damn good symmetry for a people without helicopters to view from above.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yes unfortunately, i cant go to nazca myself and verify :-(.

and I agree, that mountains can have flat tops, been to a few myself.
The arguement i heard was that all the surrounding mountain tops came to a peak, where as the one im speaking of, is fairly level, and has what looks like, a giant landing strip.
IMO, the fact that the surrounding mountains are peaked, and this special one has a artificial "runway" on it, something fishy could be up.

But this also leads me to another question. If this was a landing strip for "aliens", why is it designed like a normal airports landing strips. It would seem to me that highly advanced beings could land/take off verticially.

either way, Nazca is one of my favorite mysteries!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Direct link to the image: i.imgur.com...

Is it only me or the Nazca lines seems very similar if not the same with the NASA landing site?

Original images can be found here and here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join