It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[!HOAX!] Pic of UFO very close range. [!HOAX!]

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This thread was very informative.

Really don't think OP should be banned.

Can learn a lot from this. Whats the point in banning, when we have an admission of guilt.

THis person could have been very helpful in the future.

Anyway..........

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
This thread was very informative.

Really don't think OP should be banned.

Can learn a lot from this. Whats the point in banning, when we have an admission of guilt.

THis person could have been very helpful in the future.

Anyway..........

ATS does not take hoaxing lightly. Anyone who purposely hoaxes will be seen the door.

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Forum posts, private messages, PODcasts, blog entries, videos, images, and other supported content that violate these terms and conditions are subject to action that may include, but is not limited to, edits, removal, or account termination of the poster.

edit on October 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Theres three options here as to the validity of our former friends "HOAX"

A) She went from not knowing what EXIF data was to being one of the worlds foremost image manipulation experts in less then a month

This is what she wrote in response to maybe maybe not asking for EXIF data in a previous thread

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

OK how do I get that please. I will get it for you if you tell me how.

thanks. I understand you are only trying to help, and I like to learn.

She also indicated that she thought that his request for original photos meant that she had to print them out.

B) She was the mastermind behind an amazingly intricate deception planned for months to make her look like she knew nothing about computers just so she could say HaHA I fooled you but I accidentally forgot to save any evidence at all of the original images that would help prove that I actually did fool you

C) She was lying about manipulating the picture.

As she's already been proven to be a liar either way I think I know which one I believe here.

She never said a single thing about image manipulation that wasn't either irrelevant or didn't make any sense at all.

edit on 5-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's sad that the kind heartedness, willingness to help, and giving time freely of the good guys on this board has been so badly abused.
Keep up the good work though fellas.
It's people like you that make this place worth visiting, not the nasty minded individuals.

Respect.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ha!

Thank you Mods and members for sniffing out another dishonest scam artist here on ATS.

One down...many more to go!!!

Thank you ATSers.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R
You can all attack me. I deserve it.

More than you can ever guess...shame on you.

But its late now and I have work to go to in 4 hours. I know most of you are unemployed and the concept of work is something foreign, but some people do not scrounge.

Since you lied about the pic, I assume you are also lying about having a job.

Employed adults usually do not get bored enoug to go posting fake pics, along with false stories, on message boards online.

I am guessing you are unemployed and looking for attention, self worth and some sort of revenge on the world around you as you blame them all for your lack of success...

I will probably be banned by the morning.

Thanks mods and members for that!

However, its been a pleasure and an experience.

For you...sure...I can see how an emotionally bankrupt individual can call this little experience "fun" or "entertaining"...for me it was more of an embarrassment watching a fellow human act in such a disgustingly dishonest manner for their own SAD amusement.

You are surly a piece of work.

I see no reason as to why I shall not be banned as so many paranoid people are upset that their ilk is spilt.

Criminals and con-men always tend to blame others for their downfall.

Paranoid? No...just most of us found your pic and attached story to be weak and an obvious hoax.

The sites mocking some of ATS users and the jokes do ring true.

Actually, ATS is a very successful website in a world of failed websites...as for other sites slandering our community here- screw them..and really- screw you to.

Sites mocking ATS are usually failing websites with not even a quarter of the number of visitors to this site.

In fact, ATS is so HUGE that your fake arse had to come in here and try your hand at grabbing some "e-fame".

Sorry...but you are the sludge at the bottom of the cyber-bucket, looking for ATS attention...and failing.

I am saddened that their are some real dummies here.

Lets see...a human comes in and begins trying to make friends on here by entering our community...and then gives their word that they are being honest and forthcoming with their experience and pic. And when anyone gives you the benefit of the doubt, they are stupid?

Your reasoning is flawed....

Let me assure you, the only "stupidity" here is that of the person wasting everyone's time with hoaxes...even their own.

Your life must be real BUSY...

Real eventful...

Really...

You know Springer got a photo analyzed professionally "the one of the raindrop". Maybe someone from the staff will get this analyzed as it has caused such a sh**fit amoung the tin foil hatters.

A fit?

I hardly find taking less than a week to discredit you to be a "fit of any kind".

Yknow, when dealing with any important matter of research, you must allocate some time towards outing hoaxes and disinformation.

Lucky for most of us, we were pretty much just waiting to find the "tell" of your scam, since it was apparent early on that you were lying.

Thanks for playing...good luck out there...it is my personal belief that dishonest scum-bags who take joy in misleading their peers are all on a sure road to self-loathing and a sad end.

Kinda like your little posting career here...

MM
edit on 5-10-2010 by Mr Mask because: hoaxers are sad.

edit on 5-10-2010 by Mr Mask because: Scammers come and go...the truth is always.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There is no need to address the OP anymore, who is no longer a member of ATS.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ah, the sound of overwhelming victory over blatant stupidity and/or trolls.

THIS is what ATS is about!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i hate idiots like this

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I find the integrity of CHRLZ and MMN to be among the highest on ATS.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Heck CHRLZ she/he tried to totally discredit you with this thread, luring you out from the start

Yes, although I'm not 100% convinced that she started out with that intention... If you look at how the thread unfolded, it was only some time after my initial comments were made, that the 'nastiness' came out. Indeed, that happened after i made some comments about my general views about ufos and the 'alien hypothesis'. My guess is that Lucifer actually changed her mind about what she was doing, and came up with the photoshopped image story.. And it had to be added 'bulidings', because the object had been pretty well covered...

As an aside, the one image she posted as a 'source' image for the allegedly added bulidings, could not possibly have been used - it has numerous issues and shows a different perspective. She lied, again. I have no intention of spending any more time on her, but any other imaging experts (self-proclaimed or otherwise) are invited to look at it and make their own conclusions.

yet your still asking permission for this person to post a u2u they sent you?

Not because it contains anything earth shattering, but simply to make a point. She was quite happy to make all sorts of comments behind the scenes, but was afraid to have her statements made public and be accountable.

I can only imagine you painted this person into a corner by requesting the pictures before and after the one posted,also pointing out the other anamolies between the buildings and the object, (even being so trusting to think maybe it was a lense malfuntion or error) and they didn't know where to go, and couldn't keep putting yours and Maybe..Maybe Nots requests for more information off ny longer.

That's the key to all this. She had become aware that all the questions being asked were in fact the right ones, and she had no answers. She was not prepared for what happened. I was quite happy to take the image at face value, and await further information to verify (or destroy) its veracity.

I'm thinking this u2u your still asking permission for Loose to post went something like, "ok CHRLZ you got me" ect. Your skills as an image analysist are pretty amazing, and I tried to trick you but got caught, lets just keep this between us ok? " Something like that?

That's a good guess, but no. It was simply an insulting tirade about my complete lack of knowledge, that I had got everything wrong, that I was out of her league, that I had missed everything on the image and that i was part of a conspiracy to discredit ufo posters... She got the last part almost right - I do like to discredit lowlifes who hoax this forum. Job done!

The thing is, that all of her comments about my 'errors' were non specific. As shown above, she was unable to identify an actual error - in fact all she said later was that I was correct...

The reason I wanted her permission to post the U2U was to go through it step by step and for her to be specific and then discuss the supposed errors. She chickened out, for very obvious reasons.

Well once a u2u is sent it becomes yours, you have every right to post it if you want imo. EVEN if this loose asked you not to. But it seems your morals are a bit higher than mine. Or perhaps your personal integrity.

Rules are rules. I cannot repost it without breaching the T&C. (For the record i did not respond to her U2Us. My arguments are always public, and I stand by my words).

But when I'm attacked (and make no mistake this whole thread/story was an attack on YOU), I will return the favor in kind.

I understand that, but as I said above, I think it only became a focused attack when she realised everything was unravelling. And when it came down to it, her attack became... "charlz, you were correct".

Anyway, I'm still here, she isn't (until she creates a new persona), and what is more, I stand by everything I posted, and am happy to debate the finer points of imaging (and hoaxing) with anyone, as well as acknowledge when I get it wrong. That's about all I can do..

And I'll happily let readers decide just how successful her campaign was....

It's good to know you can still be counted on even when "tested"(I call it an attack, not to mention a waste of your time) by one of the Europes (self-proclaimed) top 20 ELITE IMAGE Hoaxers. haha

Yes, I can't wait to see her next effort...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Then all I have to say is nicely played CHRLZ.

Oh I would have like to see her u2u rant, but if it is against the T&C in anyway(which I was unaware), then of course no need messing up your good standing for a two-bit hoaxster.

Thanks to Maybe...Maybe Not, and CHRLZ (and the mods of course) for dispatching with the latest 2 incarnations of this sorry person, whoever they are, yea I'm sure they'll be back, and try again.

It's good to know we have "good guys" (I hope j/k :p) here to ask the proper questions to get to the bottom of things such as this. Helps me sleep at night

But seriously again well played.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seekthruth

Obvious troll is obvious.

Same$%g is same$%g...

Fail.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Crazy how many people are going to get banned from this thread alone, the tally is up to what 3???

I wonder what the record is?

Sheesh, I am amazed.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Crazy how many people are going to get banned from this thread alone, the tally is up to what 3???

I wonder what the record is?

Sheesh, I am amazed.

I'm guessing it less people then it appears.

Or worse...more then it appears.

Herpderpers too bored and looking for hollow amusement.

Just a guess though...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I have to agree with you on your last post. It seems that people, will go to any means necessary to get the last word in, right?

Obviously that has been proven in this thread, if anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by Mr Mask

I have to agree with you on your last post. It seems that people, will go to any means necessary to get the last word in, right?

Obviously that has been proven in this thread, if anything.

Yeah, I guess we all like to try and spike the ball at one time or another...human nature I guess.

But the reasoning behind that spike is not always amusement.

Sometimes its more of a victorious celebration.

Anyways...I'm just glad to see the good guys working against the bad guys. Again- THANKS TO ALL DEFENDING THE INTEGRITY OF THIS SITE!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join