It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Think You Would Say If God Appeared In Person To Confront You Over Some Sin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I would say "Thanks for nothing"

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Wow..

It's just as well your not arrogant then or you laughing and calling someone a fool might have come across as just.that.

Next time you meet Jesus can you ask him why he allowed my 10 year old niece to be raped in a stair well in an apartment block in London, I would be interested to know.
She doesn't seem to be able to contact Jesus directly as easily as you, so if you would just pass on the question I would be grateful

Thanks In advance

Dave

edit on 1-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

You responding in the way you did and making up things I said, that I didn't actually say in my post shows you might have a lot of pent up guilt about yourself and your spiritual walk in life, ( or lack thereof)

Reread my post so you comprehend what I said and not twist it all around just because of some inner guilt you have... whatever it is that is bothering you, it sure isn't my fault pal...

Ahhhh okay, now I see what happened to you,

I am truly sorry you have suffered an ordeal like that, but don't be mad at Christ for that...

This life is a test and many of us will suffer some terrible thing, but that doesn't mean God allowed it just because...

Imagine one day when people will be held accountable for crimes like what happened to your family...

Many people think because these things do happen that God doesn't care and they take that and run with it to do even more evil, just like you see in the news every day...

If people all believed without any doubt that they would be punished, some severely, a lot would stop and reconsider before they did things...

So, this is a test of that..
The person responsible will be accountable

edit on 1-10-2010 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'd Say, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is what you said

Originally posted by alienreality
Believe it or not, God does sometimes appear and confront someone , but it isn't to condemn them usually...

It is because he can choose who he will have mercy on...

Christ has confronted me before, and I said I had no excuse, but can do better.

My love for God and Christ has no strings attached to it... He does not have to ever do anything for me whatsoever for me to love him..

Practicing that kind of faith in life will reveal how true and real God is... Arrogance and pride are your only enemies. You hold the keys to your destiny...

You said that you had been confronted by christ and had a conversation with him where you told him you had no excuse.

You also said that he chooses who to have mercy on..

I simply asked why he didn't decide to have mercy on my niece as she was crying in the corner of a stair well at 10 years old after she had been raped.

Why don't you just ask christ if you are able to talk to him?

edit on 1-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My only response:

*shrugs his shoulders*

"Meh."

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

You are still twisting my words...

I didn't say I can physically talk to him any time I want and get an immediate answer...

I just said he appeared before...

read my last post before this because I added some things that might help explain..

I prayed that he will show you hope for the crime your daughter suffered... I do know that he can somehow hear every prayer and thought we have.

If there was one advice I could give you right now it is that you don't give up on God, rest assured he knows about your suffering and cares immensely. Yeah, I know it doesn't seem like it, but I have learned it is true.
I hope he shows you in some special way if you are open to that.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I imagine I would say I am sorry. LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Your question is irrelevant. This god that you believe in would confront me for masturbating and yet he would let Hitler and numerous serial rapists run rampant through the streets? I believe I will continue to masturbate and like it. GOOD DAY SIR!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Cain must have been in an awfully comfortable cozy position with God to react the way he did.
As if he knew he would not get punished too horribly by God. He is the awful child every parent has but loves anyway.

I think I would say what I always say.
Sorry. I am only human. If you wanted me to be Saintly you should have given me more will power.
In my next incarnation, maybe we should work on that.

God knows what you are thinking, so no matter what you say, He knows the truth.
Knows what you want to say and what you are not saying.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Redeemer

Nobody cares if you masturbate.
You imagine God would confront you???
I doubt it. Where do people get this stuff?
Listening to too many nuns, evangelists and pedophiles I imagine.
This really does boil down to a significant reason many people don't believe in any God.
This and the atrocities on Earth...all man made mind you.
They don't want to think, agree or admit they are "watched" over.
God indicates a connection and people don't want this connection.
They are doing things that on some level they are ashamed of doing.
Do what you want. Only as well.... love your brother as yourself
(and this is considerable in your case)...

If you knew you had a pass on whacking off, would you bother to believe?

Redeemer.....hmmmm....interesting choice for a name.

edit on 2-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
"That's great dude. Now, could you excuse me." Then I would drop a quarter in to his cup and continue down the street..

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NotTooHappy

And to your question, I think He would say "Yes, I can."

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
No man would be able to stand in the very presence of God, who alone is good and is the Father of all good. The fragility of their pride would show as every lie that is the foundation of it would crumble in His presence and that man would not be left with ground to stand on. He would then be required to make a choice: go to God or go back to the lies that he lived under before. It is easy for us to imagine a lost victim of lies slipping further into lies because the lies already in him, which he is subject to, deceive his conscience and cause him to believe they are truths, so he falls into a pit when he thinks he is climbing a mountain. But with no lies present (again, the lies that were once his foundation being cast out from under him) to deceive him into more lies, he will look in one direction and see the absolute magnificence of the Creator and Father of a all that is good, and in the opposite direction he will see the lies that he once thought were truths but now under the light of God they will be revealed as lies to him. I say this is the point where men misunderstand free will, as no man in this case would exercise his will to go back to the lies (a) seeing and understanding them clearly for what they are, as never before, and (b) seeing the fullness of God manifested before him, welcoming him to redemption, salvation, love and truth, with open arms. One might say he has a choice, yet if they fully consider the situation they will know that choice was never exercised in the direction of lies in such a case - that man would go to God 100% of the time.

To answer your question more directly: you would be humbled, you would repent, and He would make you His child and you would receive His Holy Spirit into your heart whereby your conscience would be renewed and your spirit reborn, and you would walk as one of His fold from that day forward.

Nonetheless, if any man has not done so yet understands that he would in such a case let him do so now and receive the same.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I would say

someone, please, help me, I am seeing things, I may need a doctor

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

This was rather funny Faiol. And yet, I sincerely think this is what happens to some people who are "visited."
They lose their minds and never recover.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Just like what you say to the police when they pull you over, "always wanted to meet you, officer!"

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I would tell god;

Sorry god, I voted for the other guy, he's my true lord and I follow his rules

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Being a first hand witness, I believe in 'angels' and by association in God. I also believe God is not a mere being, it is a more like a omnipresent force and it knows how you feel about your sins, so I doubt it would appear before a mere human. But since God's ways are impenetrable, in the case it happens I will only say:

I am sorry.

I won't try to judge him, I won't try to put the blame of my sins unto others and as a responsible human being. I know how imperfect I am and I understand the importance of good versus evil. I won't act cocky or disrespectful, because I know life is only a short step and I dread an afterlife of pain and suffering.

I know to most people, such beliefs are just ludicrous, beyond what they can or want to see.
I used to hate God and religion (still hate organized religion!) I used to be a hardcore atheist, only believing in myself and everything changed in a matter of days. But later a NDE and real life events really opened my eyes.

All in all, I believe the most important thing is the understanding of how sinning and evil deeds are counter-productive and dangerous for mankind and its environment. Whether you believe in God or not is not the issue.

Every one is being watched then judged.

edit on 2-10-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2010 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Awesome. I have heard many people who've experienced an NDE speak about them. They convince me to have faith when it wavers.
Skeptics would say NDE are projecting and a dream state so anything can happen.
It is hard to convince people otherwise unless you see the tapes and hear the people for yourself.

Another poster may be right saying we could not literally stand in the presence of God. I remember one NDEer asked if the brilliant light she was standing in was God. She was told the light was what occurred when God breathed.

I do not think God is confrontational or judgmental.
God shines like the sun on the flowers and the weeds. We make our own rules morals and restraints and put them on ourselves. God assigns nothing like that. I think we are to move through a system. Upward levels until we have reached and played all 8 notes, elevations, vibratory frequencies on the scale and become perfect, all loving, all giving, non judgmental, like God.

You have a wonderful story. And such a great gift.
Remember that when the piranhas come to feed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join