It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the recent disclosure done for your skeptic friends?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Skeptics are out there because they don't know how to adapt to change. It's like a ancient person seeing the earth from space but not being able to accept the reality.

I don't agree. I came to ATS much more of a "believer". After spending time here and reading thread after thread of "sightings", "channelings", "past life aliens", etc... I have adapted to change.
It's just that the change I have adapted to is to become much more skeptical. Making a blanket statement about all skeptics unable to adapt is pure rubbish.
And again I ask; what changed after last years conference that was shown as the special "I Know What I Saw"?
Nothing.
What has changed after this recent conference?

edit on 9/28/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vinunleaded

Then why in the world are you wasting your time on ATS if 99% of it is BS?

The UFO issue is just like the stupid 9/11 controversy. In this case the skeptics are the ones saying it was an inside job.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

okay I stand corrected they said we have been visited by intelligent beings from another planet or dimension
and that they were disabling our nuclear weapons systems

and that Higher ups in the chain of Military Defense Command were covering it up and threatening them to silence on the matter

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think my OP was unclear. Im not sure the INFORMATION was new. But what was new to me was the fact that t was an assemblage of Air Force officers willing to have their reputations tarnished UNDER OATH.... that's all

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

That didn't change anything, did it? It will take something more than retired military and politicians to make the world take serious notice.

If a grey walked into the Oval Office and gave Obama a wedgie on national TV it wouldn't be proof enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Im here mostly for that 1%.

Thank you and have a good night

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by vinunleaded

Then why in the world are you wasting your time on ATS if 99% of it is BS?

The UFO issue is just like the stupid 9/11 controversy. In this case the skeptics are the ones saying it was an inside job.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Strange lights =UFO,UFO= Aliens. Intelligently controlled vehicles,whatever! The point i think is,that these people didn't make these statements for their health,regardless of where they are going with this. The real questions at hand are,why? Why now? What are the true motives behind this? Where are they going with this? What brought these guys "out of the closet"? Is this the calm before the storm? What's next?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

And again I ask; what changed after last years conference that was shown as the special "I Know What I Saw"?
Nothing.

Must there be some big major "change"?

Other than millions or billions of people waking up to UFO/ET information? A simple increase in awareness?

What sort of "change" do you want, anyway?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by lostinspace

Skeptics are out there because they don't know how to adapt to change. It's like a ancient person seeing the earth from space but not being able to accept the reality.

I don't agree. I came to ATS much more of a "believer". After spending time here and reading thread after thread of "sightings", "channelings", "past life aliens", etc... I have adapted to change.
It's just that the change I have adapted to is to become much more skeptical. Making a blanket statement about all skeptics unable to adapt is pure rubbish.
Nothing.

I am in full agreement with you on the past lives, channelings and alien abductions. I don't believe in them. I am specifically talking about the varying sized light orbs that are always being reported around the world, modern and ancient. The things the commanders were talking about.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Just like the officials in Greer's press club. Wonder what happened to all those reputations?

Not going to lie, higher officials with standing within the government and military making claims is better than some random person on the internet, but these people aren't saying anything that hasn't already been said a million times.

This wasn't disclosure, this wasn't anything more than Air Force officials saying there are things in the sky they weren't able to identify. Were they aliens? Were they secret military? Were they radioactive pterodactyls that interfered with the nuclear systems? Or were they odd circumstantial coincidences? Until one of those (or the billions of other possible scenarios) can be proven correct, there's nothing here.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

okay I stand corrected they said we have been visited by intelligent beings from another planet or dimension
and that they were disabling our nuclear weapons systems

and that Higher ups in the chain of Military Defense Command were covering it up and threatening them to silence on the matter

Again a complete distortion of the truth to fit in with your own theory he did not say "We have been visited by intelligent beings"

He said

“I have no idea what we saw but it was under intelligent control. My theory is that it was from another dimension or extra-terrestrial.” Col Halt and five other retired senior US air force officers presented their claims at the event they organised in Washington yesterday.

You do understand the difference between saying "We have been visited" as a definite statement and saying "My theory is that it was from another dimension"

It's his personal theory and he is in no way any more qualified to judge if a craft comes from another dimension then anyone else on the planet

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Dont you people get it. Ufology does not need important people to to gain credit. It just need to get rid of all the bunk first. Everytime a video is posted on here and before someone can anylize it someone would jump in and go 'oh yeah thats a typical ufo'. No it isnt! Nobody know what an et vehicle look like!

If we have less of what i mentioned above then maybe we can try to gain credit

Originally posted by badgerprints

That didn't change anything, did it? It will take something more than retired military and politicians to make the world take serious notice.

If a grey walked into the Oval Office and gave Obama a wedgie on national TV it wouldn't be proof enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

You are right. People have been talking about having encounters with aliens and being brought aboard ships and things for many years.

People tend to ridicule those people and tell them they're crazy.

Those of us who get it that witness testimony counts as evidence can't help it that many other people don't get it.....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Are you really surprised that a military installation doesn't want people talking about the fact that their nukes aren't working properly,,,,

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

Nothing.

Must there be some big major "change"?

Other than millions or billions of people waking up to UFO/ET information? A simple increase in awareness?

What sort of "change" do you want, anyway?

If you don't expect anything to change, then why do it? I'm not saying the human race should be erecting altars to the coming gods. But if this was all true, don't you think something would change? Why else do all of you who are always talking about "disclosure this", "disclosure that" keep posting about it?

@ lostinspace: I never even mentioned the abduction cases. I DID include sightings though as some of what I have read here to make me "adapt" to becoming more skeptical.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Your right,it sounds like a breech of national security. These guys will end up dead soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Maybe the leaders didn't like the message they were given. The visitor wanted the commanders to know who shut down the missiles. The world leaders know the visitors have the power to pacify our defenses. That's why UFO details are classified.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Since there's a big possibility that not only do aliens exist but they frequently visit the planet ...do we automatically group them up with ghosts, gays, scientists, lefties, & independent women and make them the devil or did we leave that belief back in the 1800s?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I grew up watching things like "In Search Of" and Star Wars and so did the rest of my generation and those younger. I'm not sure how much more "waking up" everyone has to do about just knowing about the phenomena of UFO's.
What will actually make a difference is PROOF. Not just more of the same "I saw lights that I couldn't identify."

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This isn't the big one when it comes to disclosure but there are right now, I don't know how many threads about this this right now on ATS and there are news outlets in other countries who are picking this up

I know that these kind of big events never happen how the movies tell us will

so this is just the beginning it's starting to look like we'll see any sort of disclosure is preaching to the choir for me so I can't say this changes anything in my world but apparently it does for some

I told my friend who could give s#@t less and she said this would freak her boyfriend out completely ..I was surprised to learn that someone would have such an extreme response to the confirmation of what is obvious to me ..but there you have it. Some people would rather not know

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join