It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the recent disclosure done for your skeptic friends?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Now, first off, Id like to say hi to all my old ATS buddies. I haven't been on in quite some time, but I had a lot of growing up to do in my social, educational, and love life. I was a poster you either loved or hated. I'm here to hopefully be a contributor that everyone can have good feelings towards.

With that said, what does the recent story of these air force officials do for your skeptic friends? I know there are plenty of topics on this already, but I want to keep this one unique. No need to debate if this is a hoax or not, but heck, its our thread, post what you'd like. But I'm curious if a story of the magnitude has reached, that every day people are actually inciting discourse.

I know my mother is a skeptic, but always keeps an eye out for something interesting on the topic of UFO's. Something from official air force officers was enough to have her baffled and thirsty for more...

Anyone else having similar stories?

edit on 28-9-2010 by bknapple32 because: type-o

edit on 28-9-2010 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Can you post some links, I hadn't heard about any recent disclosure, and of course nothing can be found on MSM.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Interesting topic...

Seems the usual list of regular skeptics has been absent in any of the threads about that CNN disclosure coverage. Now I wonder why that would be?

Are they regrouping to deal with it?

Did they fall off the chair?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sure can.

video.foxnews.com... sworn-testimony-about-ufo-encounters

Its a vid from Foxnews. Not sure how to post a video not from youtube or google

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice to see you again old friend. Yea, skeptics don't really have much to say to something so telling like this.

But then again, I'd love to know....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Thanks for the link...well I just woke up about a few hours ago, to begin my day. I'll be heading to work in a couple hours and it looks like I have something to talk about tonight.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I don't have many skeptic friends about the UFO phenomenon.
I think it's undeniable that something is in our skies, and I've never heard a solid defense of this other than "They're all military aircraft" which I think is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Nothing. All my friends are awake already. My family on the other hand, doesn't pay attention to such things.

My Mum actually believes that the media tell us "too much information" and that there are "many things that the public doesn't need to know".

I'm really, really glad that my great aunt gave me a book about UFOs when I was seven years old ! She's the one who woke me up.

She knows more than most about what's been going on - she "did something for the Navy during World War II" and even now The Powers That Be won't tell us what she did (it's one of the few items from World War II under a "forever" security release ban), but when she passed away, they sent out a full frigate for an official Navy funeral with officers lining the decks in navy dress whites and had a gun salute with the ship's cannons.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Can you post some links, I hadn't heard about any recent disclosure, and of course nothing can be found on MSM.

Surely you jest?

UFO Press Conference (Full Video) - September 27th, 2010
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and of course nothing can be found on MSM

On CNN I am pretty sure that is MSM

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Also on Foxnews.. Nothing on MSNBC that Ive seen yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by zorgon

Nice to see you again old friend. Yea, skeptics don't really have much to say to something so telling like this.

Sure we do
How is this National Press Club PC any different than Greers National Press Club PC back in 2005? It's the same old geezers telling the same old stories.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

So would I

They were silent when NOVA showed Astropsies - Secret astronaut corps

They were silent when NASA announce Secret Space Plane caught by amateur space watchers

They are silent after this press conference..

I LIKE silence... silence speaks louder than words... silence is Golden

So how you been? I was away about a year myself. Place not the same anymore

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Deal with what? There was no new information.
Malmstrom, Rendlesham...
Eyewitness reports. Second hand reports. Claims. No evidence. Lights in the sky. Nothing "disclosed" that hasn't been available for a long time.

edit on 9/28/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Surely you jest?

I don't. I don't log on this site everyday, nor do I have the time to. I could have done the research myself, but I am not the author of this thread, and I felt the OP could do that for me. Which they obliged, and I am happy for.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
How is this National Press Club PC any different than Greers National Press Club PC back in 2005?

A) It has nothing to do with Greer
B) Its covered on CNN and Fox, main stream media that has always made fun of the topic

If you are not smart enough to see that is a BIG step, I suggest you change your avatar, because you have no desire to believe anything

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

Deal with what? There was no new information.
Malmstrom, Rendlesham...
Eyewitness reports. Second hand reports. Claims. No evidence. Lights in the sky. Nothing "disclosed" that hasn't been available for a long time.

edit on 9/28/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I guess it comes down to a leap of faith whether you believe what these guys were saying. I believe them. I don't need a UFO to land on my doorstep and open its hatch to finally believe that DNA is universal, or that things are flying around in our atmosphere that are undetectable by our current technologies.

Sure, we've come quite a long way as a species, but methinks we haven't even scratched the surface of knowledge.

edit on 28-9-2010 by sticky because: I learned how to spell a new word!

My friends didn't even know such press conference happened.

edit on 28-9-2010 by sticky because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't really get what the difference between these UFO sightings and the millions of others is supposed to be?

Some people saw some unidentified lights in the sky that they couldn't explain and failed once again to produce a single bit of evidence apart from their say so, in this case these people worked for the air-force, in other cases they were farmers or dental technicians or anything else.

How is this disclosure? Disclosure of what? that people in the air force have the same experiences of people that aren't in the air force?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

B) Its covered on CNN and Fox, main stream media that has always made fun of the topic

So was Greers Press Club PC.

If you are not smart enough to see that is a BIG step, I suggest you change your avatar, because you have no desire to believe anything

So we're getting personal are we
But you're right, I have no desire to believe - I want to know. That's why my avatar mocks the X-Files poster.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes can anyone explain to me what disclosure mean again

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nothing happen recently, and noone around me have changed ideas.

The norway spiral, nothing now to help disclosure.
UN appointing a ambassador? They denied it.
Recent china footage, very clear and very lanterny too.
Disclose name of Dulce? How can this help disclosure when it's only a name. Like if area 51 would be reveal to be compose of S4.. etc etc.

In short, about that. Still nothing on the sky wildly, noting on the news and the same bs continues with ecomy, banking and oils.

So, life goes as normal.
You ask what changed? Nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join