It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the recent disclosure done for your skeptic friends?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My mother loves sci-fi things, aliens and whatnot, but when I sent her a link for the CNN/NPC conference she got creeped out

I think a lot of people are jaded to the whole subject. Most are too busy drinking their lattes and watching dancing with the stars crap to even care. "Oh, ufos are here? I'll Tivo it"

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
For those that see no way around general relativity, not much, mainly because they are afraid to think for themselves or afraid of being proven wrong. My recent pattern of thinking is this. Considering the events of the shuttle program ending, which is something we would NOT do considering we wouldn't want other nations getting the upper hand in the space program UNLESS we had a better way, nothing here lately is adding up. Lets also consider NASA has been using the same shuttles for years now, with no advancement in tech...which is unlikely if you consider how fast the computer evolved along with other technology (i'm thinking it is a front that will soon no longer be needed). Then the sudden big search for new worlds, with much success with a recent find of a earth like world very nearby, they probably knew it was there for some time. Something is happening, either our gov is slowly letting us on to stuff they've known for years to "prepare" us for the truth, they are preparing for something big...possibly an evacuation, or both because they have no choice.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Can you post some links, I hadn't heard about any recent disclosure, and of course nothing can be found on MSM.

you want all the details ?? about the recent disclosure

take a look at this thread
Is The Establishment Preparing to Unveil Aliens?

hope all the skeptic friend will be open minded now

its not to late brothers

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Suppose all you guys were to get your "incontrovertible proof" tomorrow.
What would change? How would the quality of your life improve?

If those aliens landed here then things would probably change for the better!
Osama would be beamed up and so would his ilk! Al Qaeda would be defunct! Peace would reign! Probably even Obama would be beamed up to give him a few lessons in managing the economy!
And the neo-cons, the 'oily' cartels, the Bilderbergs, the cabal and the Illuminati would be dispatched at light speed to some distant prison planet.

Oh! What a wonderful world it would be!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Blah, blah, blah skepticism this blah, blah skepticism that!.......Will you please for once and for all

understand what it is already!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86

Originally posted by PositiveVibration
Well, suicide isn't my intention at all, and I believe for what is true for myself
And I listen to people but I don't follow them I follow my own truth
I am sorry you think of me that way my friend.

I don't put people in boxes, I just see other people living in it
peace to you my friend as I added you as a friend because we all can learn of eachother.

Alright. But how can you be sure aliens are visiting us, just out of curiosity? I want to see that evidence too you know.

To think we are all alone really is hypocrite you know...

I want proof too! but wanting too much won't help
just set your mind free, be transparent, that is what's working for me I'd suppose

Peace and Love to you my friend
and Time will Tell, Time will Tell....

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Love that post! So true!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks again to my ATS main man; Phage. As always, pithy and to the point!

Get `em Phage, get `em!

You would think, some of them would have learned by now!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

Deal with what? There was no new information.
Malmstrom, Rendlesham...
Eyewitness reports. Second hand reports. Claims. No evidence. Lights in the sky. Nothing "disclosed" that hasn't been available for a long time.

edit on 9/28/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Information is trickling in at a steady rate, whether you choose to rip apart the stories and blow away the remains, or accept the fact that we... the general public are being exposed to the idea and notion of extraterrestrial life.

Put it this way, the news report on the BBC about the planet found that is 'similar' to earth was on in the university cafe i go to. About thirty people saw it and went quiet, before immediately discussing the notion and idea of alien life.

That is a microcosmic example of how we are affected by such stories, sadly we didn't have an expert in the room to dissect the issue, but it wouldn't take a genius to suspect that the same thing was happening in many other parts of the world, in many pubs, bars and living rooms.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The evil closed minded skeptic in me demands actual evidence. But the believer in me is hoping that this stuff is true.

reply to post by KIZZZY

Great video.
Modern believers in paranormal are often just as closed minded as the people who put Galileo under house arrest. They have their own beliefs which are based on wishful thinking and they ignore all scientific points of views that find flaws in their beliefs. They bash skeptics and call them closed minded. Their definition of a closed minded person - a person who disagrees with them.
All of this is just like PSYOPS. They fail to persuade the other side with facts and then revert to psychological warfare. Name calling is the most common method.

reply to post by zorgon

Oh, c'mon Zorgon! I thought you were different.

edit on 3/10/2010 by DGFenrir because: Typos!!1

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

Why do I have the feeling somewhere a ghost is moving a lampshade back and forth in front of a fan and laughing his head off?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
Here is the problem with the whole "look into it you'll find out" statement. What you are saying is "I cannot answer your question because there is no answer but I do not want to admit that so I am going to tell you to do the research yourself and hope you never find out I am wrong."

That is totally wrong... I can show you a document or picture and say "Its from a government source...
But If I tell you to go look it up yourself, then you will see that it is indeed at that source

If your not willing to look for yourself, you will never know what is out there to be found. I can and have posted items hundreds of time in many threads, but until someone actually follows the leads, and starts to THINK and LOOK for themselves, nothing I say or show means anything.

I cannot force you to see my point of view... and if someone is too lazy to do the research on their own... I have to question, does that person really want to learn any truth?

That closing line was a somewhat pitiful attempt at defamation of my interest in this subject as well as my intelligence in general. To accuse me of being lazy because I ask you to provide proof of what you claim is preposterous. I simply want to compare your research to what I may find on my own. I do not understand why you chose to imply I am lazy.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PositiveVibration
To think we are all alone really is hypocrite you know...

I want proof too! but wanting too much won't help
just set your mind free, be transparent, that is what's working for me I'd suppose

Peace and Love to you my friend
and Time will Tell, Time will Tell....

I didn't say I think we're all alone. Just that there must be other life forms out there doesn't mean they're visiting us.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

loved that, thank you!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I do not believe disclosure has occurred. I think that when proof of alien life is finally disclosed that the hallmark of its validity will be that there won't be any need for discussion on ATS. As long as there is debate about if its disclosure then its really not disclosure. The type of disclosure that skeptics and believers alike would become united behind won't be anything that requires discussion or investigation.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Amazon UFO book sales probalbly increased. I bought two this month. In my family no one mentions UFOs or ETs, over the last 40+ years,forbidden topic. Well, I saw something a year and a half ago and no one wants to know..... Who is the crazy person? The one who sees something? Or the oshteriches? My neighbors mentioned they have seen things over the years. We have this very long dam in our state, and people have seen things observing the dam.
Then they said they have forgotton about the sightings until the subject is brought up. Sightings at Myrtle beach are listed on the internet, over the ocean. A friend of mine has a friend who saw a UFO looking at a bridge in our state. I would say sightings are more prevelant, if the government doesn't say stuff now people are going to put more pressure on them. Who enjoys being portraid as a lying government? I would say there is a lot of pressure going on these days on them to reveal.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hate to beat a dead horse, but I still fail to see any disclosure.
Nada
Zip

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There does seem to be an increased amount of coverage in mainstream media of Ufo stories.

It is raising eyebrows of people I know who previously would not have been interested in Ufo stories.

I really have no idea what to think of it myself. I am starting to get suspicious of some of the stories being released.

The Vatican making press releases on Aliens - Can't trust the vatican

Reports of sightings in China - Stories from a country that can never be verified

The EU is talking about their folk that would be able to greet aliens - Can't trust EU.

Aliens interferring with Nukes. - All those invovled could easily be still on payrolls of certain organistions.

All these leaves me thinking are they just saturating the media with all this so they can blame the next big terrorist attacks on UFOs seeing as no one is buying the story on who was to blame for the last attacks.
'
Imagine the damage they could do if they were blaming terrorist attacks on aliens. Who's gonna be able to prove it wasn't?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Hate to beat a dead horse, but I still fail to see any disclosure.
Nada
Zip

it doesnt have to be outright disclosure at this point. but there are certainly many more higher ups admitting the cover up of ufo's and aliens.. its now people wth reputable background in the airforce and pilots etc... rather than just jim from arkansas.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

Deal with what? There was no new information.
Malmstrom, Rendlesham...
Eyewitness reports. Second hand reports. Claims. No evidence. Lights in the sky. Nothing "disclosed" that hasn't been available for a long time.

edit on 9/28/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I agree, its the same old coverage and the same dim lime light.

No one I know even knows UFO sigtings increased or anything. If this was the great disclosure then it was a sad speed bump that not many saw or felt.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join