It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama answers the question: Why are you a Christian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

are you serious obama and the left has been judging my kind non stop for 10 years

and yeah god would be a republican like it or not for the simple fact you say you know the teachings

christianity is about doing for your own self now having your hand out for not someone else to give you things

this quote sums up the left right paradigm quite nicely " give a man a fish you fed him for a day, teach how to fish you've fed him for a lifetime"

quite a statement and you look at the party of dependence thats the left the party that would help to take care of himself is the right.

people who have problems with the things i say is the left the people who dont kiss obamas but is the right

edit on 28-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Who cares if he is a Christian or not? Oh, that's right, a portion of conservative christian americans who vote and smear people they don't like based on useless information like birthplace and faith. The fact that it is practically required for the president to be Christian speaks for itself, it is an embarrassment to your country if not the whole of the western world.

edit on 280910281010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

so thats telling it like it is eh can you be anymore anti christian huh christians aint perfect i never claimed to be perfect either for that fact.

just out of curiousity would you be so condemning is islam hmmmmmmmm i wonder.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

"NO Christian is in favor of any form of abortion"

who supports it?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

"the whole western world"

Monarchs? Patriarchs? Czars? Emporers? Kings? 2010AD?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I condemn only those who treat others with disrespect or contempt. That isn't loving. It's not loving to be a suicide bomber, but it's also not very loving to, let's say, send unmanned drones to bomb people and things here and there on someone else's land. Everything this nation seems to be doing lately is wildly against Christ's teachings. Everything done by every terrorist is just as against him. "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." So the specific religion is immaterial. If you hurt innocent people, physically or otherwise, you've earned my condemnation and Christ's. Period.

And what made you think I'm anti-Christian? I'm not anti-any-class-of-person. I'm anti-sin. Of course nobody's perfect, that's why Christ died for us. All he wants is for us to at least try to act like him. That's all I want to see.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

if thats true have you ever condemned obama for disrespecting those people who disagree with his actions?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That sounds like something I'd frown upon, yes. Disrespect makes others mad; it's virtually the definition of sin. We all do it all the time, of course, and Jesus even said something like "Those who tell others 'You fool!' are worthy of the fires of hell," but again: forgiveness! Salvation! That's his gift to us! Nobody's worthy without him.

Whether Obama is a Christian or not is between him and God. If he's lying, he'll pay for it. If not, he'll be fine. The same is true for everyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
christianity is about doing for your own self now having your hand out for not someone else to give you things

I think I missed the sermon where Jesus said to only take care of yourself and never helping those less fortunate.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

no arguement from me on that one and ur right it is between him and his maker

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
IF I understand Barrack Obama's explanation here and in The Audacity of Hope of his spirituality correctly, then it's really a shame that he comes under so much fire, because he approaches it in a way that is accessible even if there is some hangup on doctrine, or even for an atheist.

Now I am speaking without regard for the actual condition of his soul because even if he is going to hell, America is just like everything else: you can't take it with you. So I just don't care about that.

What I like is that he has addressed the fact that he approached the church with doubts but embraced it anyway because they were a positive force in his community and he needed to be a part of that, and that he doesn't just stand on the literal interpretation and stop at Jesus but cuts to the part that is actually relevant to a leader's character- the issue of humility.

I'm not saying he's a great spiritual leader, I'm just saying that I find his handling of it fairly appropriate and constructive. In fact he's the only one I know being the least bit appropriate or constructive about his religious convictions... which is an odd turn for a country where you can be incredibly inappropriate about your beliefs and still expect a certain level of tolerance.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

well hes a poor christian for one by his own actions and his own words.....

.... i was raised in the church i was taught judge not lest ye be judged

edit on 28-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

And in the same post no less....Hilarious!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

and yeah god would be a republican

christianity is about doing for your own self

I think you have rush Limbaugh's biography confused with the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join