It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATMs That Sell Gold Bars Are Coming Soon to America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A German firm that installs and manages gold vending machines aims to introduce them into the United States this year as it expands rapidly to take advantage of demand for bullion in times of economic uncertainty.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: www.cnbc.com...

Company's website: www.gold-to-go.com...

If this is not a sign that the economy will continue to sink, nothing is.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Problem with gold is that you can not eat it if the food chain collapses.
Seeds in reality are more valuable.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Me, I believe in buying stuff I really need before inflation kicks in. And I too am a big fan of gardening.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
gold is an incredible investment, until the shtf and you resort to gold as a means of wealth. then you're screwed.

why? too damned heavy and bulky to carry around. can't store it easily either.

if the shtf, the single best thing to own will, sadly, be bullets.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Dont forget the gun with your bullets...

But seriously, is SHTF in a major way, cash and guns won't help that much. But the guns can help get rid of the idiots...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

I'm not suggesting we all go out and get guns and I'm certainly not suggesting violence by any means but, in a shtf scenario, the guy with gold is going to be in for quite the shock. While he loads his gold into a wagon so he can go buy or bribe his way to supplies, the dude with the gun can sneak up on him and take the gold he needs.

If it ever comes down to a shtf scenario, we're doomed. The animal in us will come forth and the planet will be ruled by the most violent, ruthless of us all.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol

Me, I believe in buying stuff I really need before inflation kicks in. And I too am a big fan of gardening.

Sounds like good old common sense to me - I too am collaberating with a young friend of mine who has a very large Poly Tunnel and also an allotment.
There is an old story about a Greek town by the coast that grew very wealthy through mineral and jewel assets.
They traded these assets for food and did not grow any food themselves. Their short sightedness came back to haunt them - One final and fateful year they sent out their fleet of ships laden with their minerals and jewels to trade for food as was normal for them- Alas a great strom blew up and sank their ships - The town/society collapsed as they were totaly dependent for food from outside sources.

edit on 28-9-2010 by artistpoet because: typoh

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This seems like a universally bad idea. I won't even get into the implications for the price of gold or what I think they are planning to do to the savings of people who dared not place their faith in the Dollar of Babylon. What first concerns me is the fact that it is a vending machine. A machine which separates you from the material which is not really gold, preventing you from realizing what you are actually paying for... and unless somebody actually answers when you call the vending machine help number, you'll never know who to shoot for it.

Gee, I'm gonna be rich.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Some 30 years ago I was part of a group of people who set up dwellings with much land and also reserves of peat which could last thousands of years.
It took many years of hard work to renovate the old farm buildings and put the land to use for growing food.
Our leader was a most humble but astute lady who had forseen what is now unfolding before our eyes,
The location is a very remote Island. They were the best days of my life but wether I choose to return there I am not sure of as when the SHTF I want to be around to help others as best I can. I have made other friends independent of this group that are awakened and so I am split in a way.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What do you all make of this gold hocking? Everywhere you turn it's on, TV, radio, internet. Trust me, if it was such a great investment the rich would be keeping it to themselves. Maybe after TSHTF there will be another government gold grab and all the gold everyone went out and bought will be confiscated by the govt. leaving them with nothing? It happened before.
Thoughts???

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

I agree they have seized it all in the past just Google "gold seizure"

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Gold is only valuable at the moment because we say it is. It's a rare substance for sure but so are lots of other things, in itself it's totally useless apart from functioning as a rather good conducting material.

If we were really in a scenario where the SHTF then it would be as useless as a chocolate tea pot, you might as well invest all the money you were going to spend on gold on a warm sleeping bag and 1000000 cans of beans

Unless that is you are playing the REALLY long game and waiting it out until the demand for high end hifi cables becomes big again

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Ya know Crakeur, I'm puzzled why folks seem to make the assumption that precious metals owners don't also own firearms ???

On the contrary, and in my particular state (extended domain law), we carry 'em fully loaded in our vehicles...open, or concealed.

As far as storage goes...a million dollars in bullion still fits snugly in half a shoe box, Even better, the space requirement continues to shrink as the POG rises.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm assuming that when people stock their houses full of gold they are also going to be investing in a pretty heavy security system and have Massive amount of house insurance.
After all people surely aren't stupid enough to have all of their spare cash tied up in several small shiny discs that are kept in a badly secure location with nothing stopping a criminal from putting them in their pocket and walking off.

Oh wait link

Damn thwarted again by my underestimation of peoples stupidity

At least he didn't do something really silly with the money like investing it in Exchange-traded funds or Stocks in a gold mine

edit on 28-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hi artistpoet. Along with firearms & ammo, PM investors also allowed to store food stuffs. Thanks to today's price action, one ounce of the shiny stuff will buy twice the amount of dehydrated food stores that it bought 3 yrs ago. Can't say the same for the funds held in my cash account...in fact, they purchase less across the same time frame.

Gold...another year...another +32% ROI against a declining currency. Sad, but that's the reality.

I can't name one severe financial/economic crisis where Gold ceased to function as a superior store of value and a preferred medium of exchange. Anyone ? Feel free to scan the globe...Weimar to Eastern Europe...Brazil to Argentina..Argentina to Zimbabwe.

As far as contingencies go, I'm probably as well prepared as most even though I'm not anticipating a total decline into a Mad Max EOTWAWKI. If I did, I'd be hoarding oil drums & buttless chaps

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm also wondering if the company thats installing these machines is pretty confident of the Gold price falling in the near(ish) future and is finding inventive ways of getting rid of stock at the highest price possible while it lasts.

There saying that they are giving the gold out at the current price, so whats in it for them to invest all the money setting up the business, installing machines etc etc

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Yes the true value in having gold is the spending of it.
Like paper money it is useless on its own - It does not keep you warm nor shelter or feed you but I get your drift that it is the most worthwhile investment but only as long as you can spend it.
My days of being totally self sufficent taught me the true value of independence and of community.
I now live very close to very large UK city but have other options - I continue to keep my ear to the ground maintain a position of flexibility. No matter what happens if the SHTF my stance of peace and goodwill shall be my only shield

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Not only a superior store of wealth, when TSHTF, Gold, in and of itself, functions as currency artistpoet...the oldest (and I'm talking about a very extended period of history here). There has always been a market for precious metals, and...there always will be. In the Weimar hyperinflation farmers refused to exchange their goods for a rapidly declining currency...they accepted Gold/Silver. Yes, if you had Gold, you ate..and..you were able to maintain a roof over your head. More recently, perhaps you've seen the Gold for Food videos from Zimbabwe ? Another fairly recent example of Gold's utility in crisis involved the 1970's exodus of Vietnamese refugees aka: "Boat People".

No Gold...No Passage.

SANTA ANA, Calif. - The payment was seven small bars of gold.

The purpose was to reach America.

Full Text

To this day, the tiny country of Vietnam remains one of the most important, often quoted, Gold consuming markets in the world. They haven't forgotten.

edit on 28-9-2010 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

or how about the central banks declare gold NOT TO BE the central money supply?

what if people buy all the gold and it becomes obsolete?

after all, most world currencies are now backed by nothing!

the only use for the stuff would be industrial and maybe jewlery.

at that point, these gold "sellers" would be rich(er)....right?

[in the 1930's, the US Govt allowed you to keep $100 worth after the confiscation.....]

what does $100 in 1934 = today??? think about it!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks for the info - I hear you - It was on the Alex Jones show at infowars I first was made aware of the value of gold

top topics

<<   2 >>

join