It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to shed some light. Who are the real Racist in America? The answer may surprise you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
reply to post by Quadrivium

So because the Democrats were racist pre-1965, Democrats are racist to this day? I call that faulty logic. People need to stop arguing which party is good and which is bad and just vote for who they think is the best suited for the job, regardless of party/race/sex/etc.

LOGIC? are you kidding me? What is logical about racism. OPEN YOUR EYES,
What is more logical to you?
1) In1965 They all just had a change of heart and everything was sunshine and lollypops?
2)Or is it just a little possible they found a better way to accomplish what they wanted?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I didn't say racism was logical, in fact it is highly illogical to me. However, saying people can't change is also illogical. People change their minds all the time.

How many Democrats who were in power pre-1965 are still in Congress making public policy today? I don't know but I doubt very many.

I'm just saying blaming a political party for racism doesn't make sense to me. The party doesn't make laws, the people in the party do. And from what I've heard lots of people were racist back then compared to now. At least I hope people in general can rise above petty differences like race and actually make this world a better place.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
PLEASE LOOK AT THE LIST BELOW AGAIN IF YOU SKIMED OVER IT BEFORE.
I know it is alot to read, but please do so and............................
ASK YOUR SELF: What could make these people change the way they did so fast?
They found a better way and they have mislead millions.
I know by bringing it up I am making some of you see something for the first time and it is alot easier to deny it than admit you may have been "played".
But please look at everything in the OP and in the following list before sticking your head in the sand. These people draw alot of their power from YOU.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 1789, Congress passes, and George Washington signs into law, a bill stating that no territory could become a state if it allowed slavery.

In 1792, the Democrat Party is formed. They are the party that promotes and seeks the continuance of slavery.

In 1808, Congress abolishes the slave trade in America.

In 1818, the Democrats become the majority in Congress. Using their majority, they begin to undo the 1808 and other anti-slavery decisions.

In 1820, the Democrat Party passes the Missouri Compromise, institutionalizing slavery in half of the territories.

For thirty years, Democrats pass multiple laws promoting and protecting slavery, culminating in 1850 with the Fugitive Slave Law. This law takes away all rights to jury trials, representation, and habeas corpus from any black who is so much as accused of being a slave.

In 1854, Democrats pass the Kansas-Nebraska act, opening up those territories to slavery, thus exceeding even the limits of the Missouri Compromise.

In 1854, the Republican party is formed to end slavery. Six of the nine planks in their fledgling platform statement deal with civil rights issues.

In 1857, the Supreme Court rules in Dred Scott v. Sanford that blacks are considered inferior and thus not covered by the phrase "all men" in the Declaration of Independence; that they are property covered by the 5th Amendment; and that no black—not even a free black—could ever become a citizen of the United States. The Democrats support the decision.

In 1861, Abraham Lincoln is inaugurated, and the anti-slavery Republican Party now controls the Executive Branch. The Democrat Party, in complete control of the South, splits the nation asunder and causes a war in order to maintain slavery. Innumerable horrors and 650,000 deaths are required to free the slaves and restore the union.

In 1865, Republicans pass the 13th Amendment, ending slavery.
100% of Republicans vote for it.
Even among northern Democrats, it receives the support of only 23%.

In spite of the 13th Amendment, Southern Democrats continue to deny blacks their citizenship rights, so...

In 1868, the 14th Amendment was passed, establishing citizenship and equal protection for all in Federal law.
100% of Republicans vote for it.
0% of Democrats vote for it.

In spite of the 14th Amendment, Southern Democrats continue to prevent blacks from enjoying the real fruits of this citizenship, especially the right to vote, so...

In 1869, the 15th Amendment is passed, establishing the right to vote for all people, regardless of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
98% of Republicans vote for it.
3% of Democrats vote for it.

From 1866–1875, the Republican Congress passes 19 civil rights laws. Democrats oppose them all.

In 1875, in order to counter the Democrats' passage of Jim Crow laws, Republicans pass the most sweeping civil rights legislation ever—the Civil Rights Act of 1875. Eight years later, the Supreme Court (mostly Democrat appointees) declares the act unconstitutional.

In 1876, Democrats take control of the House of Representatives. No more meaningful civil rights legislation is passed until 1964.

In 1892, Democrats take control of the White House and the Senate, and they keep control of the House. They immediately begin establishing Jim Crow laws and repealing all civil rights legislation passed by the Republicans. Any laws or amendments they cannot repeal, they skirt with poll taxes and literacy tests.

Beginning after the War, and thenceforward until 1935, ALL blacks elected to Congress are Republicans. In addition to those elected to Federal office, hundreds of blacks—all of them Republicans—are elected to state legislatures in the South.

In 1866, Democrats form the KKK with the express purpose of preventing the election of Republicans in the South. Democrats admit—under oath in Congressional hearings in 1872—that the Klan is a Democrat creation intended to restore Democrat control of the South. The Klan carries out this plan by means of a series of massacres at Republican Party meetings.

In 1901, Republican President Theodore Roosevelt invites Booker T. Washington to the White House. Democrats and the media are outraged.

In the 1920s, Republicans propose anti-lynching legislation. The legislation passes the house but is killed by the Democrat-controlled Senate.

In 1947, Republican businessman Branch Rickey, owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, hires Jackie Robinson (also a Republican), thus integrating Major League Baseball.

In 1954, Republican Chief Justice Earl Warren (appointed by Republican Dwight Eisenhower) authors the desegregation decision of Brown v. Board of Education.

In 1956, Democrats express their opposition to Brown v. Board of Education in the "Southern Manifesto." One hundred and one members of Congress—all but four of them Democrats—sign the manifesto.

In 1957, Republican President Eisenhower authors a Civil Rights Bill, hoping to repair the damage done to blacks and their civil rights by Democrats since 1892. Passage of the bill is blocked by Senate Democrats. When the bill finally goes through, it is significantly weakened due to lack of support from Democrats.

In 1960, Republican Senator Everett Dirksen authors a Voting Rights Bill, again, in an effort to undo the disenfranchisement of blacks by Democrats through poll taxes, literacy tests, and threats of violence by the KKK. And once again, Senate Democrats attempt (though in the end unsuccessfully) to block passage of the bill.

In 1964, Congress passes, and President Lyndon Johnson signs into law, the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This is essentially the law originally authored by Eisenhower in 1957. Democrats, including still-serving Senator Robert Byrd (a former KKK member), employ a filibuster of the bill. Once the filibuster is overcome, a larger percentage of Republicans vote for passage than do Democrats.

In 1965, Congress passes, and President Lyndon Johnson signs into law, the Voting Rights Act of 1964. This is the law originally authored by Eisenhower in 1959. A filibuster is prevented, and passage of this bill also enjoys support from a greater percentage of Republicans than Democrats.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'm just saying blaming a political party for racism doesn't make sense to me. The party doesn't make laws, the people in the party do. And from what I've heard lots of people were racist back then compared to now. At least I hope people in general can rise above petty differences like race and actually make this world a better place.

From the OP

Many people believe that the Democrat Party has changed after the Civil Rights movement. If we look deeper I think that for the most part those in control, the heart of the party, is still very much race based and fueling racism in America.
(No I am not saying that all democrats are racist. I believe they are mislead.)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Yeah, I don't know 420, I almost agreed with you, but after looking over that list a couple times, it seems to me that democrats have systematically voted against civil rights for nearly 200 years, then poof in 1965 they changed? I just don't buy it. Put that list with Margret Sanger and Planned Parenthood and a bigger picture starts to appear.

No?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

Thanks for the link,
I am checking it out now.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Civil Rights Act of 1964
Voting pattern

The original House version:

* Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
* Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)

* Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
* Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)

The Senate version:

* Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
* Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
* Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
* Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)

Again I would like to state that Democrats might not have favored the bill but a lot still voted for it. Over 60% of Democrats voted yes to this bill so generalizing them as racist just doesn't hold up in my eyes. Not a single southern Republican voted for it but 8 southern Democrats did.

About the other bills, I don't know. I haven't looked into them much so you may be on to something.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

How could I be clearer?

By simply answering my yes or no question
with a
yes
or
no.

I thought that seemed pretty simple the first time.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Civil Rights Act of 1964
Voting pattern

The Senate version:

Again I would like to state that Democrats might not have favored the bill but a lot still voted for it. Over 60% of Democrats voted yes to this bill so generalizing them as racist just doesn't hold up in my eyes. Not a single southern Republican voted for it but 8 southern Democrats did.

About the other bills, I don't know. I haven't looked into them much so you may be on to something.

It's all about the agenda they are pushing, it has nothing really to do with the people that voted democrats. It was the "higher up" dems, basically.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
entitlements is the modern face of slavery dont like that assessment then stop pushing it.

the op is right entitlements do nothing but keep those people down and i can guarantee you this factoid

anyone pushing entitlements dont live on them.

people called me stupid when i said this in another thread im glad someone with a greater skill set than my own

made this thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the op is right entitlements do nothing but keep those people down and i can guarantee you this factoid

The OP is right? Then I guess the OP is wrong about the Tea Party? Since he claimed that the Tea Party is NOT racist, simply because they support a black man for office. Given that line of logic presented by the OP, how can he then go on to claim the people that supported Obama are racist?

I guess if he is right in this thread, then he is wrong saying the Tea Party cannot be racist because they support a black guy.

Maybe someone can help me understand how both can be true.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The Civil War was a power grab by the Federal Government and slavery was their excuse. Like today's expansion of power (Patriot Act, Surveillance without warrants etc etc) using fear of terrorism as an excuse. Or the theft of the wealth of the middle class using fear of the "economy collapsing if we didn't save the banks" as an excuse.

The perception that there are more racists in one political party then the other is an illusion created to divide people. Politicians are experts at this. That's their main strategy "Divide and conquer". Gays, minorities, women, social status. Except they don't want to conquer the opposition party. They want to conquer the masses. They know parties come to power in cycles. No party stays in power forever.

And as long as people keep buying this nonsense we will all stay slaves. But the masses are glued to Cnn, Fox and Msnbc (great tools for the criminals in power) or too worried about what Angelina Jolie or Lindsey Lohan are doing (The power of distraction). In the meantime your rights are being eroded through legislation and or the Courts "Corporations are people too".

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dn4cer2000

You nailed it !!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So your "proof" for democrats being "racist" are bills from over a hundred years ago ??

... or one thats almost fifty years old !!.

You know Obama is black right ?? wait, wait, you must think that is part of a grander conspiracy to instill false hope and ultimately keep the black man down.

... do you think they send memo's to welfare office's ?? helpful reminders to be racist ??

Certainly then all general managers must go through an orientation on how not to hire black people.

Dear god !! how deep does the conspiracy go !!!

This is Ludicrous, ... and just a clever twist on " my party is better than yours"

you people act like a bunch of children.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Oh boy another thread where guilt by association is played.
I just LOVE these threads.

I know why you love threads like this, so you can pin the tail on the donkey, huh?

HEE HAW! HEE HAW! HAA HAA HAAAA.... If the shoe fits, is it still going to be the right color? Somehow, in some folks case, who are undeniably racially motivated, It appears that if the shoe fits, and it's even the right color... they always GET THE LACE UP KIND! Gees... then we have to go in and untie thier hands from around thier neck, and then walk away.

We cant ask them if they're all right, because of two very relevant points... 1. We the People have already determined through trial and error, and casual observation, that they'll never be ALL RIGHT... and 2. The Last Journeyman we sent in to fullfill this arduos task was verbally assaulted by the poor bastadge, even started screaming at him about how dare he say that to him...

Sheesh, pretty soon, if these childrens dont be groin' up, we'sa gona hafta axe them ta leaf!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The truely racists are the african americans themselves...not only that they feel "entitlement" because of something someone did over 100 yrs ago when they were not even a twinkle in their parent's eyes.What a dumb thread!!!!

(a)....African Americans feel "entitlement" because of slavery which occurred in the united states "over a hundred years ago".

(b)...White Americans feel "entitlement" because they are...well..."white" and feel the country owes them preference since they are the majority and have historically dominated and driven the political, cultural and economic history of the united states.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Civil Rights Act of 1964
Voting pattern

The Senate version:

Brother think about it, PLEASE.
Look at their votes just a few years before the 1965 vote. Why would they change so abruptly?
Please just look at what I offer in the OP, do your own research and then look around at the low to no income minorities of today.
They voted for it then to get the minority vote, just as they are doing today, while making laws to keep them right where they are. They NEED these people to be poor.
But the country now is running into a serious problem. Too many are on these entitlements and it is totally unsustainable. See what EU is going through right now? That will be us very soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by Quadrivium

How could I be clearer?

By simply answering my yes or no question
with a
yes
or
no.

I thought that seemed pretty simple the first time.

From the OP, again

Many people believe that the Democrat Party has changed after the Civil Rights movement. If we look deeper I think that for the most part those in control, the heart of the party, is still very much race based and fueling racism in America.
(No I am not saying that all democrats are racist. I believe they are mislead.)

I am not playing your games in this thread. This is as simple as it is going to get.
If for some reason you can not understand it then I can not help you. I am sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I do not understand why you just cannot say "yes" or "no?"

I would like to actually address your claim but it has a lot of vague wiggle room right now. It seems like you set up an argument just to be able to argue from both sides of your mouth.

What is wrong with a "yes" or a "no" just for clarity? Was my question too complex?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
entitlements is the modern face of slavery dont like that assessment then stop pushing it.

anyone pushing entitlements dont live on them.

people called me stupid when i said this in another thread im glad someone with a greater skill set than my own

made this thread.

Not sure my skill set is all that great brother. I am just a working stiff getting by the best way I can.
This topic is just so important! How can we make people see?
I did not make this thread to be left against right I made it to shine light on racism.
So hopefully people will begin to see what is fueling it and keeping it alive.
I used to blame minorities then as stated in the OP, I got hurt in '04 and after leaving that DSS office I began looking deeper and

It is a lot easier to blame minorities than finding the source, you have to want to see and a lot of people don't want to. They would rather take the easy way out

Thanks for the compliment though

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join