It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by WishForWings

Wasn't there an Australian UFO thread on here (with Fiona....?.... I think) last year that depicted almost the same sort of background location (with the two street lights)? Probably just a coincidence

Human Alien.....

For purposes of interest & convenience & possibly comparing & contrasting the 2 cases if you are interested in doing so, here's that "Sydney UFO" thread & my summary report:

UFO in Sydney Australia

Conclusions Based On Site Visit & Witness Interview

If you review my report, please note that I did not state the witness lied. That was a quote from another member that I inserted for reference. I mention this because I am still being targetted for that comment. I have asked the Mods to remove it, but I guess their workload bites hard & this slips "under the radar".

For your reference, Nowra is approx 250 kilometers south of the viewing site of the "Sydney UFO" case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 28-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification & spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Interesting video, but why is the light from the UFO not reflecting on the lens like the other lights?

Hi ArMaP

It might have something to do with the lights being lights reflecting into the lens.and the object not being a light source only a carrier of the reflected .The angle of incidence from the object may be equal to the angle of reflection and would not affect the lens.

Hope this helps

ocker

edit on 28/9/2010 by ocker because: take out some big words

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
HMAS Albatross is in Nowra.

Who identified the footage as being in or near this locale? What am I missing here? Are you assuming it's near this naval base or did the videographer tell you this?

edit on 28-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: quotes

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Who identified the footage as being in or near this locale? What am I missing here? Are you assuming it's near this naval base or did the videographer tell you this?

Human Alien.....

Here is confirmation from the witness as per the opening post.

This was captured on my phone over Nowra (Australia) on the 17th of September 2010. This is unedited, has has no sound and is slightly blurry. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I apologize. I didn't hear any sound from the object (probably too far away). In by saying that it's a UFO I'm not claiming it's an alien, just trying to get opinions. It creates a cool halo on the clouds. I uploaded this directly to youtube in 3pg format, enjoy!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 28-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Added link

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ball lightning perhaps?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Impressive footage - it most certainly was bright, illuminating all around it as it moved swiftly from the cloud. Wow - no sounds indicated makes it more impressive, that would rule out helicopter.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Human Alien.....

This was captured on my phone over Nowra (Australia) on the 17th of September 2010. This is unedited, has has no sound and is slightly blurry. I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I apologize. I didn't hear any sound from the object (probably too far away). In by saying that it's a UFO I'm not claiming it's an alien, just trying to get opinions. It creates a cool halo on the clouds. I uploaded this directly to youtube in 3pg format, enjoy!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

And to note that the naval base is only 9 too 10 kms from the the Town

Cheers

Ocker

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Human Alien.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Ah yes. Thank you. I missed that on the original post.

I suppose it can be anything. Not sure there's anything we can do to discern or dissect this footage from this vantage point. Sure, it's easy to assimilate and assume this being man-made due to the proximity of that Naval base but that's not a good way to go about it.

What did this object look like to this person? Was there a shape to it or just a ball of light I wonder?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Human Alien.....

For purposes of interest & convenience & possibly comparing & contrasting the 2 cases if you are interested in doing so, here's that "Sydney UFO" thread & my summary report:

UFO in Sydney Australia

Conclusions Based On Site Visit & Witness Interview

Good gawd MMN. You sure put in a LOT of time and thought on that Sydney thread. I'm gonna promote you dual roles of ATS Ambassador and ATS Editor-in-Chief!

Ah ha! I thought there was something to do with two light poles from that other case. Now, just for edification, this thread and the Sydney thread are in two totally different locations, correct? Please answer in American-math please. I don't do meters. In fact, I hardly even do 'math'!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Human Alien.....

You are very kind!

Have a look at this.....

Can you see the 2 yellow markers I inserted?

The top 1 is the location of the ealier Sydney sighting. The bottom 1 is the location of the Nowra sighting. The 2 sightings are approx 100 miles apart "as the crow flies".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27ed8519ba57.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Have a look at this.....

Can you see the 2 yellow markers I inserted?

Yes indeed for I took 'marker insertion-101' in college
Thank you so very much. You m'friend go that extra mile on here (inserting this map for example) so just know, it doesn't go unnoticed! So, thank you again.

Okay, back to the thread. Is there any way to ask this person what if anything, this looked like as far as geometrical-shape? Is he willing to make a debut on here? Can you coax him a bit MMN? Tell him he can win a FREE life-time membership if he signs in by midnight tonight.
I'm sure the Owner won't mind!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

A most interesting video indeed.

Would it be possible for you to provide the name of the street that you were on at the time of the incident ... and the direction you were facing ? I'll try to use that info to provide some tracking/movement and speed analysis.
Any chance that your phone records GPS location data ?

edit on 28/9/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
interesting clip

as the object moves towards the camera its not emitting any luminosity on the clouds, the object then stops and holds its position for about 5 seconds and the moment it starts to move out from behind the street light you can see it lighting up the cloud above. i guess when the object is behind the light its moving away fromm the camera for those 5 seconds

maybe it was a silent helicopter and as it hovered behind the street light the pilot inverted the copter and switched the search light on and flew away singing 'flying into the danger zone'

edit on 28-9-2010 by oddnutz because: cause im a douche

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

A most interesting video indeed.

Would it be possible for you to provide the name of the street that you were on at the time of the incident ... and the direction you were facing ? I'll try to use that info to provide some tracking/movement and speed analysis.
Any chance that your phone records GPS location data ?

edit on 28/9/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

I would however I am not the the original poster of the video, I just found it on YouTube and shared it here on ATS.

The video belongs to 'thecdw89' of youtube.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nowra police helicopter?

www.ulladullaonline.com...

I think this is too far away from Nowra actually and never heard of a helicopter with lights shining upwards.

Also, Nowra has the Sea Hawks stationed there and TEWS Support. The DSTO (Defence Science Technology Organisation) in Australia have some world leading research going on, I was a Contractor to the RAAF and worked on some of the projects, they are definately advanced in some areas so there is good reason for potential UFO interest in Australia, not to mention the test range at Woomera where BAE fly their UAVs.

Not sure where Australia would test fire the NULKA but surely wouldnt be near to the town and at 5am - even Sailors need sleep!

Like it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

all lightning perhaps?

Honestly? Ok.. find me one other video like this of ball lightning. Taken like.. ever.

I thought that too, until I saw it pause for a good while and reverse. I suppose you can't rule it out, but I'd attribute it to green aliens than ball lightning to be honest.

Helicopter - Well, unless they PERFECTLY rotated the searchlight to be pointed at this vehicle as the chopper turned and flew the other direction (i.e. nigh impossible), probably not.

That was pretty amazing. Especially how it lit up the cloud. A light on the underside of the clouds would indicate a bright light on top of this craft. So unless a helicopter has a searchlight pointing up as well, I'm guessing no.

After watching a bit more.. no way it's a heli.. but hoax? Perhaps only explanation other than something amazing. The way he panned left after it paused, as if anticipating the return route it was going to take, even though it was not moving. Suspect, but not necessarily means much.. could be coincidence.

edit on 28-9-2010 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am not sure it paused behind the streetlight. I thought it did at first but when the object reappears from behind the light it is slightly smaller than when it came towards the camera which gives me the impression that it was moving away from the camera for the 5 seconds it was behind the streetlight.

Edit: also just before the object stops behind the streetlight it passes behind a pole??? for a couple of frames and is not visible so it is quite small i think. When the object disappears at the end it could just of moved out of sight behind something we cannot see in the dark maybe?

edit on 28-9-2010 by oddnutz because: to add more observations

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not sure why ET would want to light up the underside of the clouds or why it needs to emit light at all, if it wants to be seen come in daylight - probably fake but I like it never the less.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Another Nowra sighting!

I live 45 minutes from there and its not the first sighting in that area over the years, I did hear about a sighting last week around the Nowra area through my social grapevine, but I did not realised it could be the same incident and it was posted on youtube.

The base activities there cause a few miss IDs but that object behaved exactly like what I witnessed at Coolendel campsite west of Nowra along the Shoalhaven river back in 97.

The coastal stretch from Wollongong to Nowra has always been a hot spot for UFO activity for many years, there was a sighting at Mnt Kembla a few yrs back and one off Port Kembla when a fishing boat crew witnessed a disc shaped object leave the water at a high velocity.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
Not sure why ET would want to light up the underside of the clouds or why it needs to emit light at all, if it wants to be seen come in daylight - probably fake but I like it never the less.

I've taken the position that most UFOs are human/man-made unless it maneuvers in a way that defies my limited understanding of physics. I do NOT trust any of these governments who control our planet that I reside on. I believe they have technology that is liable to blow our socks off if word got out and it does from time to time.

For instance, I believe with every fiber of my being, they have D.U.M.Bs. containing (but not limited to) high-speed magnetic-levity trains (and/or time travel apparatuses) that transports these people from US (Dulce) to Australia (Pine Gap) in a matter of minutes.

So if you believe that as I do then we have to imagine many of these flying objects probably originate right here on Earth (with.....the inception and help from off-world Beings)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join