It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Does not matter if I argee with it or not, who am I to judge.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Both Nay & Yay

To be quite honest....who cares!!

I don't care to discriminate or stereotype anyone based on their race, religion, creed, age, sex or sexual orientation. Yeah! I'm kinda an Equal Oppotunity Employer. LOL

Reason being for my Nay & Yay: You can't help who you love. Homosexuality has been around since Adam & Eve sort of speak. If it is an abomination in God's eyes then each will be judged upon your demise, you get me, you can do much there. Anyway a lot of God's chosen or important roles in biblical history were gay or bisexual.

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you serve God above all else, repent for your sins, it doesn't matter if you have a genuine love for someone that is the same sex, it is just not natural to everyone who says it isn't because you can't procreate with the same sex.

just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

Have you never had any homophobia sent your way? (no offense, an honest question, no sarcasm intended)

What, you think I live in some kind of paradise devoid of homophobia?

No, it is just Canada. The society here is not so bad, but it definitely is not perfect. I have certainly experienced my fair share over the years, but to be honest, its been a while.

That is partially, I guess, why I don't worry so much about the backwards ideas we see here. But even here there is no doubt that they are a tiny minority. Most souls here are good ones; even the gay bashers. They are for the most part just victims of their (religious) upbringing, confused or struggling with their own identity.

Since you seem to have the energy, do keep fighting, but I think you will find that a healthy dose of respect for your foes goes a long way.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
ok my uncle is gay right.
and living with a man..they both claim there gay.

But here is what cracks me up...
He has boobs and dress's like a woman and having a sex change.
Now if the other guy with my uncle is AKA gay..how could he stomach to be with a man that thinks he is a woman and dress like one.

it would be like my wife wearing overhauls and shaving to grow a beard and taking testosterone every day.
and that people would not work lol and maybe chewing tobacco

Thus what category would you sum them up as?
he is gay but only with men you dress and sound like women?...that is to much for the human mind to comprehend lol

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
ok my uncle is gay right.
and living with a man..they both claim there gay.

But here is what cracks me up...
He has boobs and dress's like a woman and having a sex change.
Now if the other guy with my uncle is AKA gay..how could he stomach to be with a man that thinks he is a woman and dress like one.

I guess he is just gender blind when it comes to who he loves. It doesn't really "crack me up" because I'm sure its very serious to him, and he's your uncle you should give him a little more respect than trying to make a mockery of him on an online forum. Good thing you only succeeded in mocking yourself by being ignorant:

it would be like my wife wearing overhauls and shaving to grow a beard and taking testosterone every day.
and that people would not work lol and maybe chewing tobacco

I'm sure this happens, too. And that is really nobody else's business either.

Thus what category would you sum them up as?

Your uncle. You don't need to categorize anything.

...that is to much for the human mind to comprehend lol

For humanity's sake, lets get some better representation here.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

well yeah, totally, be nice if there were such a place...you just seemed like a lucky person who'd never had any hassle...obviously that's completely fairy tales stuff. Why should I respect those who as to date haven't actually come up with a reasonable debate that doesn't include nature, religion or morality which are the mainstay of a bigot, like what was used against many people in the past. without these three things they have nothing to back up their argument.

If someone simply doesn't like gay people, then that's cool with me, you can't like everyone, it's still stereotyping and prejudicial but hey we can't all be perfect.
It's when people hide behind stupid science, out of date religion or current cultural morality to encourage more hate and spread blatant lies that I really can't help myself.

Maybe I'm wasting my time here with this, thought I'd spread some good stuff around and maybe actually show to ATS that the kind of crap I see on the front page concerning gays is not freedom of speech and is more like hate speech.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Brood? Are not doing exactly what you are accusing TheAmused of? You are judging him. You are ridiculing him on an open forum. You are belittling his opinions and presuming to know what an appropriate opinion or reaction between him and his uncle would be, even though you don't know either of them personally? Perhaps being amused and/or amazed by the oddity of the relationship is perfectly appropriate or even desired by his uncle? Perhaps his uncle and his uncle's mate seek out attention by constantly blurring the lines and doing the unexpected. Perhaps if he did not react this way, his uncle would think he no longer cared, or his uncle would seek to do something even more outrageous until it became harmful?

How can you criticize someone and do the exact same thing as that person at the same time? Everyone has their own opinion, and everyone responds to things in their own way, so why do you get to judge what is appropriate and then criticize someone else for judging what is appropriate?

No offense meant, just an observation that you may not have noticed for yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
this thread belongs to below top secret not ATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What folks do in their own bedrooms is none of my business, as long as everything is consensual and nobody is victimized....

So, while I don't understand it (at least for guys), who am I to judge who another person loves?

Live and let live, I say....I've got far more important things to worry about.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Brood

Brood? Are not doing exactly what you are accusing TheAmused of? You are judging him. You are ridiculing him on an open forum.

He embarrassed himself, I just said it. Unlike his uncle who seeks no ridicule, just to live how he feels he should. Either way, he is not my uncle.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You are not the first one on ATS to put up an arguement against homophobia. There have been hundreds if not more before you. Good as your intentions were, this thread isn't going to put a stop to it any more than all those other threads and posts.

Chip. Chip. Chip. That is how most things get changed, tiny imperceptible changes one at at time. Just like the grains of sand that together build up a beach.

Welcome to the fight and for your contribution. Don't get disappointed when nothing seems to happen, because change indeed is happening all the time. On this issue, I would say its been change for the better for the most part. Yes, there are still naysayers but they are increasingly on the defensive or on the fringe. Total acceptance will probably never come, but so what? As long as we are safe from being beaten up on the streets without retribution or support from authorities like we once were, then we have made progress.

It is nice to be able to discuss it instead of fight over it. One day, hopefully, it won't even be a topic needing discussion.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Against.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm opposed to it but as a heterosexual male I do find it disgusting. The thought of one man putting his penis in the anus of another man is repulsive. Men and women were made to fit together, they were made to mate, whether gay people like it or not. That's a fact of life.

However, I don't judge people based on their sexual preference, I judge people based on their character, so I have no problem with homosexuality as long as I'm spared the gory details.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Beast Of Gevaudan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I say Yay!! I am very much Not against homosexuals

edit on 28-9-2010 by KrillsAngelWings because: adding more

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Brood

Brood? Are not doing exactly what you are accusing TheAmused of? You are judging him. You are ridiculing him on an open forum.

He embarrassed himself, I just said it. Unlike his uncle who seeks no ridicule, just to live how he feels he should. Either way, he is not my uncle.

A 400 pound man with breast implants and dress like a woman isn't funny i got no idea on earth WTF is anymore.
Heck far it would make 10mill at the box office due to its comical nature alone.
Never said i didn't love him

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

number38

Absolutely nay on being gay. What in the name of decency was a woman for and for a lesbian woman what in the name of decency was a man for.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yay on all fronts.
Second line.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Im waiting for the day in which issues like this are taken like a mcdonalds fries or BK's kind of question.. I mean yay.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Stop with the gay topics! Seriously nobody cares if you're gay.. I mean what do you want us to say? Shall we clap and hand you cookies? You're not special and we dont care.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Very True!

And very cool Avvy as well!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join