It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I got 1 question to ask.
this is my argument why i personally think its wrong.
then i will never speak another word on ats about it.

The main question is this and it piss's me off to always hear it..thus why i say homosexuality is a sickness.

Ok.
The reason i always hear is we are born gay.
And here is my logic to why it can never be true.

Can you be born a cuckold fiend?
Can you be born a bestiality nut?
can you be born with a necrophiliac gene?
No there is no such bestiality or cuckold gene or necrophiliac gene....
There is not even a homo gene.

Maybe you was born with less testosterone or to much for girl's.
That is a medical condition not homosexuality.

But to ALWAYS say we are born gay..as if your a new species ercks me.

Hear me out i am not a bad guy ...
Explain to me with out any smartness how being a homosexual is not the same as being a sexual perversion or fetish?
you know some people love feet ect..
So people will not flame me on that term.
perversion
www.answers.com...
thesaurus.com...

Main Entry:
perversion Part of Speech: noun Definition: sexual abnormality Synonyms: aberration, anomaly, corruption, debauchery, deviance, fetish, immorality, kink, kinkiness, sexual deviation

So say you want us to understand so please help me understand.
Answer my question how you can be born gay and i will drop it forever if the answers make sense to me.

Obviously "cuckold fiend" doesn't belong. Now I will explain to you why you are wrong. Firstly, it's so so insulting that you would compare homosexuals to necrophiliacs and zoophiliacs. What lead those people to their desires is an ENTIRELY different investigation. Disorders which led them to the point where they aren't comfortable in human relationships, antisocial disorder where they have no feeling that they are abusing an animal and or corpse because those neither of those have a choice in the matter. We are talking about normal relationships. After considering your own statements for far longer than you ever did I almost feel I should have just ripped you for being ignorant.. BUT i'll further elaborate. It is not nearly the same leap for a man or woman to be attracted to a member of the same sex. It's been happening since the beginning of time. Every civilization. It is not a perversion, it doesn't have to be sexual even. Could just be that you decide someone of the same sex is everything you love in another person. You think that's a perversion? And if you were attracted to them, people being attracted to each other no matter the sex is nature. It doesn't have much to do with procreation, we have that basic instinct and we are driven by them but not controlled by them, not anymore.

Edit: I discussed this in another thread. One of my best friends is gay. He was always gay, I've had in depth discussion about it. Nothing changed him or made him that way. You can't choose who you are attracted to.
Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend husband or wife TheAmused?

edit on 28-9-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: Edit

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
One supposes the issue arises when certain members on ATS, openly attack the sexuality off others, by demonizing thier sexuality, and branding them. I am not going to go into the thread, I dropped from my subscriptions as I found it homophobic and disgusting to say the least.

In this day and age there should not be any issues with Homosexuality, or Bisexuals, but sadly there is. Maybe members who engage in discriminating against homosexuals and bisexuals on ATS, might take some time to think before they post thier thoughts on the board.. That way you are not inflaming other members, in what you are posting.

As to the question. No issue with Homosexuality, I have no issue either, with homosexuals or Lesbains openly cuddling or Kissing in public. And I do think why shouldn't Homosexuals or Lesbians be married, what is the problem. As for Adopting, Children who are brought up in same sex families are giving the same amount of love, as they would if the child was brought up in a Hetrosexual family.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wow. So I went to bed, woke up and realised I don't have the time to poll all the votes right now, maybe on the weekend when I have a few hours to spare. But its looking good. thanks to all who have said yay. The rest can all go and suck eggs 'cause you are all so freaking gay!

To get a few things straight.

Why did I start this thread?
'Cause I am GAY and love conspiracy but started to really get sick and tired of constantly seeing gay bashing threads on the front page so I decided to do something about since no-one else was.

So you can kind of call it a conspiracy in the making. If I can annoy alot of people on this website into really getting as sick and tired as I am of seeing a gay thread everyday then maybe after a while there will be no more gay threads! ha ha ha. bring it on. Homophobia has no place on this website, and it wouldn't be an issue normally, but since it is for so many...I can not turn a gay blind eye.

Without Religion and Nature and Morality, homophobia hasn't got a foot to stand on.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
One supposes the issue arises when certain members on ATS, openly attack the sexuality off others, by demonizing thier sexuality, and branding them. I am not going to go into the thread, I dropped from my subscriptions as I found it homophobic and disgusting to say the least.

In this day and age there should not be any issues with Homosexuality, or Bisexuals, but sadly there is. Maybe members who engage in discriminating against homosexuals and bisexuals on ATS, might take some time to think before they post thier thoughts on the board.. That way you are not inflaming other members, in what you are posting.

As to the question. No issue with Homosexuality, I have no issue either, with homosexuals or Lesbains openly cuddling or Kissing in public. And I do think why shouldn't Homosexuals or Lesbians be married, what is the problem. As for Adopting, Children who are brought up in same sex families are giving the same amount of love, as they would if the child was brought up in a Hetrosexual family.

Yeah I agree.. Some of these people that come here and parade the fact that homosexuality is too exotic of an idea to cope with have no reason to be here in the first place. It's actually funny now that I think about it.

edit on 28-9-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Silly thread. This seems very immature.

You have nothing to worry about. You have nothing to fear. If you keep looking for people who hate gays you will keep finding them. If you ignore people who hate gays they will disappear.

You have to stop feeding the negativity. I am not gay. If I see a gay person being hassled for being gay I will try and stop it. If I say a black person being hassled for been black I will try and stop it. If I see a muslim being hassled for being a muslim I will try and stop it. If I see a guy been hassled for a mistake he made I will try and stop it. and on and on and on. Maybe if someone sees me being hassled they will help me too. I do not carry 'hate' for anyone. Its not healthy. You can see how it weighs people down.

Having said all this, this site is not in the real world. If I see bashing of anyone on here I will usually not intervene. This is just keeping it all going. You cannot take anything here too serious. This is not important. If you keep engaging gay bashers they will keep doing it . Please just ignore it and know that there are lots of people out there and in here who love you for you and not becuase of your sexual orientation, your color , your religion, etc, etc, etc. We are all in this together. Every face I look at I am just seeing a different version of me. I send you my love.

Stop getting distratced. There is something special inside you waiting to meet you.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

HI!

I'm straight but have a few gay friends, I don't see any issue with it. It's not my place to tell another fellow human what to do or feel. Each to their own. As for the thread that recently mentioned issues with under population if the whole world turns gay, well, that made me laugh. I can't see myself turning gay, sure there maybe 1% of the UK that's gay but that's a larger number now because we live in times whereby it's easier for a gay person to "come out". But unfortunately there is still too much ridicule around and therefore have the feeling that the percentage is actually much much higher.
Everyone won't turn gay, that's absurd! And even if they did, the human race won't die out after 50 years, the maternal/paternal instinct is something different to sexuality. Lesbian friends I have yearn to have chilren and are exploring ways of doing so. Surrogate mothers will always be around purely because that instinct is within us all, albeit to different degrees. There are loads of reasons why I believe that " Being gay is unnatural" thread was stupid but I can't be arsed to get into them now
(excuse my pun, it was terrible) So YAY! Is my answer.

Peace
W.C.S

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Silly thread. This seems very immature.

You have nothing to worry about. You have nothing to fear. If you keep looking for people who hate gays you will keep finding them. If you ignore people who hate gays they will disappear.

You have to stop feeding the negativity. I am not gay. If I see a gay person being hassled for being gay I will try and stop it. If I say a black person being hassled for been black I will try and stop it. If I see a muslim being hassled for being a muslim I will try and stop it. If I see a guy been hassled for a mistake he made I will try and stop it. and on and on and on. Maybe if someone sees me being hassled they will help me too. I do not carry 'hate' for anyone. Its not healthy. You can see how it weighs people down.

Having said all this, this site is not in the real world. If I see bashing of anyone on here I will usually not intervene. This is just keeping it all going. You cannot take anything here too serious. This is not important. If you keep engaging gay bashers they will keep doing it . Please just ignore it and know that there are lots of people out there and in here who love you for you and not becuase of your sexual orientation, your color , your religion, etc, etc, etc. We are all in this together. Every face I look at I am just seeing a different version of me. I send you my love.

Stop getting distratced. There is something special inside you waiting to meet you.

I think the original poster made this thread in response to a thread that was going yesterday discussing how homosexuality wasn't natural. it really brought out the bigots. As I posted earlier here, yeah this really isn't the place for it, but eh if you can change a couple peoples opinion (ie the guy on here that considers homosexuality a perversion on the level of necrophilia and bestiality) it's a job well done.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why on earth would one have an issue with homosexuality.
It's been here since Time began, and isn't it time we accepted it?
It will still be here when we have all gone.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Alot of people are saying things like 'don't worry about it' 'don't focus on the negative' 'there is no issue' 'ignore it' blah blah blah. Must be nice to live in straight whitey world were you ain't being judged. What the heck do any straight people here know what challenges and bull# a gay person comes across in their daily lives.

Like for example coming to my favourite site everyday to find more and more blatant homophobia.

Like for example being told by various straight people that there is no issue, of course there's no issue for them, they're straight, duh.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

If you ignore people who hate gays they will disappear.

I guess I'll just close my eyes the next time Sarah Palin is on TV and wait until I hear the "pop" then.

I do think its pretty pointless arguing with the bigots, though; it doesn't matter how many times you prove them wrong they keep showing up and saying the same things over and over again as if it's true. I, of course, only know this because I argue with them all of the time here on ATS.

Also, almost all of their grammar and punctuation is aggravatingly terrible. I went there.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by number38
Alot of people are saying things like 'don't worry about it' 'don't focus on the negative' 'there is no issue' 'ignore it' blah blah blah. Must be nice to live in straight whitey world were you ain't being judged. What the heck do any straight people here know what challenges and bull# a gay person comes across in their daily lives.

Like for example coming to my favourite site everyday to find more and more blatant homophobia.

Like for example being told by various straight people that there is no issue, of course there's no issue for them, they're straight, duh.

Well I know because as I said my best friend is gay. Well I would know but guess what, I've never seen anyone give him any problem because those people are avoidable. There shouldn't be any homophobia on this site because I don't see how it relates to any topic outside of threads on homosexuality. If you think you will be offended going into one and words of anonymous idiots and their opinions that are worthless offend you don't go in (really they just shouldn't offend you [edit: because they are anonymous idiots]).

edit on 28-9-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by number38

Yea it's funny, the more likely conspiracy is the suppression of homosexuality. If people hadn't been suppressing homosexuality for so long, maybe we wouldn't be facing serious overpopulation issues and overwhelming pollution levels that profit a few large corporations. But this isn't an issue, because it is a sin to not reproduce, "according" to this Bible that none of them have read

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I think if you keep biting at the heel of a bigot they will eventually find somewhere else to be intolerant and rant about their nonsense.
I personally feel that it's when you ignore such behavior it gets worse and not only that by not standing up against it in a way you are saying it's okay, that it doesn't bother you which only then in turn adds fuel to their fire.

Bad things happen in the world when good people fail to act. Many human rights and civil rights would be nowhere today if it weren't for a bunch of pissed of minorities who were sick to death of being put down and classed as sub-human.

So I agree, I try to make bad things go away by ignoring it but for some strange reason it never seems to work?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Fair point, I don't really wanna read that crap, but it's on the front page! I can't escape the blatantly homophobic thread titles!, and ignoring stuff doesn't make it go away, it helps it breed in the dark like a cancer no-one wants to acknowledge.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I am by no means saying not to argue with them; I do it all the time. I'm just warning you that they are ignorant and that they don't even want to get it. I have been contemplating making an End-All thread to stop all this homophobic chatter though.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

What the heck do any straight people here know what challenges and bull# a gay person comes across in their daily lives.

Pretty damned arrogant of you. Do you not have any appreciation for the support you received on this thread from innumerable straight persons? I am gay but did not reply until this point because I am with the guy who just says to ignore the BS. I didn't read that gay bashing thread either. Its all getting to be big bore.

You are no more special for your challenges than the next guy. We all have our troubles to deal with, straight or gay. So as far as I am concerned you are just an attention seeker. I am sorry for all the straight people who took the time to try and show some support to someone without any gratitude.

To them I say "Thanks!" for your effort. Some of us do appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Can we conspire together and make it happen. Besides, I love it, fighting bigotry always makes me feel so terribly superior and smart, it's like when I am forced to watch soap operas at my friends house, I always leave feeling slightly cheered up.
An end all thread, i like the sound of it. I am surprised that there hasn't been ant free speech ranting? like we all are free to be as bigoted as possible.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

no, not at all. all the straight people on this thread who have been supportive are all TOTALLY AWESOME, it's just a few who don't think there is an issue. you get what I mean. No offense to anybody, seriously. I didn't want this to become a slugging match, there's enough of that on ATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Have you never had any homophobia sent your way? (no offense, an honest question, no sarcasm intended)
As for attention seeking, fair point, all I care about is making a positive thread about gay people to stand up to all the gay bashing,
If you could do a better job then go ahead, I'd be winning both ways cause that's all I want, and then maybe we can put the subject to rest finally, When that's done I can start on all the sexist crap I find here.
So, lets not be so quick to judge.
Apologies for coming across so unappreciative of others.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I'm posting my response before reading through the pages, then I will read through and post back again.

First off, I don't think homosexuality is natural, nor is it "born-in" to somebody. I believe it is a perversion (don't panic, 100% of us have perversions) that develops at a key point in our sexual awakening. There are very specific key "Eureka" moments in a pubescents life that sets the tone for their sexual attractions. The "perversions" that will be unique to them develop almost instantaneously at those moments. I believe (just my opinion) that homosexuality develops as one of those moments. People might be born feminine or masculine, and then the expectation of homosexuality arises and develops, but I don't believe it is genetic. I also do not see how a homosexual person can be attracted to another homosexual person? If a man is truly attracted to the masculine aspect, then why would he choose other homosexual men for mates? If a woman is truly attracted to the feminine aspect, then why would she choose a "butch" female as a mate?

Now that everyone is upset with that paragraph, let me also say that there is absolutely no excuse for treating a homosexual any different than a heterosexual. They should be allowed in the military, they should not be ridiculed or excluded from anything. For those of us with a sex-drive that is off the charts, we understand the inclination toward homosexuality. If I were deprived of women for some time, I would certainly begin looking at other possibilities. I would be very mad at the universe if my sons ended up being homosexual, but I would still love and support them. It would not change how I care for them in the least bit. And I would violently defend them against anyone attempting to treat them any differently!

In conclusion, I don't believe in the genetic aspect of homosexuality, I don't like it, I wouldn't want it for my sons. BUT, it happens, I am fine with that, I don't see the point in treating them any differently than anyone else, everyone should be judged on their individual merits and not pigeonholed based on any specific stereotype.

On a personal note, I like my current boss a lot. I worked here several months before I found out he was gay. I didn't suspect it ahead of time, but it made sense once I found out. I immediately went to him and asked to be sure. He seemed surprised by my directness. I explained that I didn't want to perpetrate a rumor if it wasn't true, and that I didn't want to say anything that may seem offensive because of my naivety on the subject. We had a short talk, and it hasn't been an issue since that day. We have hung out together after hours with our respective partners. I still make the same type of gay comments, particularly about his little foofoo dog. We still discuss attractive women. He is no different as a gay man than he would be as a straight man.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join