It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

In what way can the writer of the test POSSIBLY assume that D defines the value of morality?

Well, the poor old thing was cuckolded.

Seriously, he rejected her based on the fact that she didn't live up to his standards of morality.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Oh crap!! Im an unintelligent person that loves sex and power and has no morals. The truth really hurts.

second line...

No wait, wait... this post just made me crack up. You are hilarious!!!
Quick, sign up for Last Comic Standing!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
E -- Helpful and adapting to circumstances.
C -- because it was her idea to build a raft. (Although A and B should have gone over to island 2 as well so that all passengers are together.)
A -- Right idea, though are there more immediate matters to address?
B -- At least he actually built a raft.
D -- I find sexual jealousy revolting. This guy needs some perspective.

I'm surprised how much agreement there has been among the order of people's lists. I thought it would be more random, but there are very strong trends.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So by the key I scored:

A- INTELLIGENCE
D- MORALITY
E- LOVE
B- POWER
C- SEX

Odd little test, and that would seem to be what an somewhat enlightened view to how things should be valued. With arguments made for sex over power, of course. And here I thought I was going to be a bad person because no one else had that order.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thank you for the "fun" Lady! We need more "fun" here. CT can be very energy consuming at times and we need to learn to relax once in awhile. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

You are very welcome. I've had this on wordpad for weeks now, and just remembered it. Thought it might be a nice diversion on a Sunday evening.

I'm so glad you guys had fun with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
E - He seemingly did nothing wrong the entire time and took the woman in regardless of what she had done.
A - He might not have been too nice, but he was working diligently on something that could benefit all of them.
D - He did nothing wrong either, only reacting to what he felt was the ultimate betrayal of his love.
B - He took advantage of the woman and refused to help without fulfilling his selfish desires.
C - A number of reasons: 1st - She was completely selfish the entire time. 2nd - Obviously she did not love D as much as she said to do the act she did. 3rd - She did the act she did.

E - A - D - B - C

Hopefully I can see this out.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

After looking at the key, I am truly surprised. I would say that it suits me just right.

Glad to have a little distraction from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

1. E - For taking C in, giving her food and shelter and acting (we can assume) unselfishly
2. A - For thinking of the bigger picture and trying to get them out of the situation
3. D - Sucks to be him at the moment: he's stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere and his woman is banging someone else
4. C - She is second-last purely out of pity - she doesn't have much belief in her own raft-building skills! - however, cheating is unforgivable no matter what the circumstance/reasoning behind it
5. B - He is only out for himself and seems to be the moral opposite of E

According to the key, this is so accurate for me
Thank you so much for sharing ladyinwaiting, that was fun!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So I guess what you could say from mine is that morality must be tempered with love and intelligence has no heart without being tempered by love and morality. And that sex without those three is somewhat useless and without all four power will just corrupt everything it touches. Sounds pretty much how I view the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the key tonight....I am satisfied with my priorities...

Intelligence
Morallity
Love
Sex
Power

I like how many combinations you can get out of a 6 plus page thread, with variations of only 5 options...only a few of us picked the same order as others...

edit on 26-9-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: because I said to much!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I was writing my answers down on a piece of paper when I saw your answers. You spot on. I agree with you.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
My answers were AEDBC. A because he was the one who was going to trully help the group. Though I'm conflicted because there is no guarantee that the radio is going to work. And adapting the your new situation and making a life for yourself on the island could become very important. I think that Love is the most important attribute for a people to have in order to survive and flourish in a situation so I may have to switch A and E. In other words I think that Both A and E had great potential for doing good, But E was actually doing good, and improving the experiences of everybody, including himself (company is always a good thing imo).
I rank C the worst for being a fool and hurting everybody including herself. B being selfish, made an offer he could live with. There was no infringement upon anybody, though it is a dispicable thing to do. Whereas C agreed to it creating sufferting for everybody. D is just kind of a passive good for nothing, didn't necessarily initiate suffering for anybody, but he didn't really do anything good either. And by being a reactionary he failed to prevent further disharmony.
anyways for me it's Love, Intelligence, Morality, Power, Sex. (although I like all of those things)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
1. E) He was kind to the woman after what she had been through, but it's possible he was taking advantage of her recent distress. However, we aren't specifically told he was, so I assume he wasn't. Therefore I will just stick with: kindness.
2. A) Just a bloke trying to get help. Not a terrible person.
3. C) I like her better than the last two, but there is very little we know of her other than a) she's in love, b) she was willing to do anything to get to her "lover", and c) she left her "lover" without a fight after his unkind words.
4. B) Typical man/dog, but at least he was true to his word.
5. D) Idiot. That's all I have to say. He didn't give C a chance to even explain. He deserves to be eaten by a shark.

I think this is my final answer. So what's the verdict?

Edit (verdict):

E- LOVE
A- INTELLIGENCE
C- SEX
B- POWER
D- MORALITY

I would have to agree. I think it's interesting that Love and Morality are on polar opposite ends of my results. Also, it's interesting that Sex and Power neighbor each other, with Sex being higher on the list and also closer to Intelligence, but still sandwiched evenly between Love and Morality. Interesting...

edit on 9/26/2010 by OrphenFire because: to insert my results

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

A- he was focused on fixing the communications and getting everyone rescued.
E- he helped the lady who loved d
C- although a little odd she really loved d and gave it up to go be with him (not a good reason)
D- he didnt make the move to go see C
B- preys on the weak and vulnerable to his advantage.

from the details in the story that's the best I've got.
(so what am I?)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This was great fun.

Interestingly enough, I don't equate C's situation with sex as much as I do with a person in emotionally dire straits. By the same token, I don't equate D with morality because even though he's understandably hurt he lacks the capacity for compassion and forgiveness thus coming across as tragically flawed.

The other personas are pretty much right on target though.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

These are the values of each person on the islands:

A: represents Intelligence.
He set emotions aside, and went straight to work with problem-solving.

B: represents Power
He had ability, he took control, and he made things happen.

C : represents Sex
If you have to ask, you're too young to know.

D: represents Morality
He held himself and her up to certain standards, and he did not tolerate being outside those standards.

E: represents Love
He gave to her unconditionally.

this is the key from back a bit...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
LadyInWaiting,

Thanks for the thread.
It is a fun read and there is
a lot of trust and open responses.
You're post has succeded in bringing out the best.

It has also given me a new question to ask, which to me is the most fun.

Are we inteligent enough to love. Will we ever be.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
This was great fun.

Interestingly enough, I don't equate C's situation with sex as much as I do with a person in emotionally dire straits. By the same token, I don't equate D with morality because even though he's understandably hurt he lacks the capacity for compassion and forgiveness thus coming across as tragically flawed.

The other personas are pretty much right on target though.

I agree with you. D is less morality and more closed-minded and closed-ears. He didn't even give C a chance to explain. Or perhaps there is more to the story? Perhaps he has caught C doing this very thing before, and forgiven her once, maybe twice already in the past? She didn't even put up a fight and even try to explain herself, so it's possible she knew that there was no going back to D, because she had already been caught in the past. So she's off to ruin E's life? lol

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Morality isnt subjective it isnt compromising, It is rigid and unlistening there is only right and wrong. So yes it really does fit him.

C embodies sex because she lets her emotions cloud her judgment, there is no right or wrong to her she is only concerned with her desire and how to get it.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Jovi1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join