It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

You're quite welcome. I've used it too. Oh, man. I have a fantastic scenario, just for moral development.
Wish I had known.
I think I put it on someone's else thread once. If you're interested, let me know, I'll try to find it. I actuallly used it (the other one) in the study of morality in development. It's not one of those things that come soon. We gave it to a bunch of kids less than 12, and then to some over the age of twelve. Interesting results.

Little information is assigned to the islanders, to permit the person taking the test to fill in the blanks. This, too,
gives you insight into their value system. Although, this Island test is just for fun. I would never use it in a clinical setting.

Anyway, glad you were able to use it for an assignment!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A is keeping it together and being the most useful, although he'd be more likable if he told C a little more than "go away."
C is foolish and impulsive, but I pity her and can sympathize at least a little with her plight.
E seems like a pretty swell guy, although there's something I can't put my finger on that sticks out to me.
B kept his word and capitalized on a bad situation. Sex is a bit much to ask of someone, but nobody put a gun to C's head.
D contributes the least to the plot, except as motivation for C. He is pitiable yet unforgiving.

This test was a little difficult for me to organize, but I did it according to my feelings. D might have easily been above A if he had the capacity to comprehend C's motives. I could have done this a lot of different ways, but this one felt right to me. What does that reveal about me?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

1: A.He played a very small roll but in the end was able to share his fortune

2:C's main intention and drive was love although she made a bad decision it was in her eyes teh only way she could get back to her love.

was upset with due warrant as he did not know the circumstances of the betrayal. But he also must have been more slef involved in himself as he didnt even bother to build a raft to see her

4:A. A was only interested in himself and was more interested in applying his time to fixing the problem as a whole and not wasting his time over something as trivial in his perspective as "love"

5: B. I thought B was pretty disgusting for sneaking in and only did that becasue he knew he had something she wanted

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

1: A.He played a very small roll but in the end was able to share his fortune

2:C's main intention and drive was love although she made a bad decision it was in her eyes teh only way she could get back to her love.

was upset with due warrant as he did not know the circumstances of the betrayal. But he also must have been more slef involved in himself as he didnt even bother to build a raft to see her

4:A. A was only interested in himself and was more interested in applying his time to fixing the problem as a whole and not wasting his time over something as trivial in his perspective as "love"

5: B. I thought B was pretty disgusting for sneaking in and only did that becasue he knew he had something she wanted

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

Your values rank as follows:

1. Intelligence
2. Sex
3. Love
4. Power
5. Morality

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbot

Your values rank as follows:

1. Intelligence
2/3. Morality and Sex are tied. What a dilemma. lol. (j/k)
4. Love
....and coming in last
5. Power

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
From LEAST LIKED to MOST LIKED

D is uncaring..like him least
B uses the woman liked second least
E takes the spoils (sloppy seconds) and I think will get nooky from the woman
C is not thinking much at all...she could have swum to the other island.
A is trying to fix the radio...if they are stuck on an island they need some good music!

edit on 1-10-2010 by Herne because: Left out a few words and mispelled another

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Herne

A is trying to fix the radio...if they are stuck on an island they need some good music!

Lol! I never thought about that aspect of it! Hm. Wonder if they will get A/M or F/M?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

1) Most liked- A- (Because he is focused on the collective good.)
2) E- (Because he helped someone in need at least apparently without selfish motive)
3) D- (even though he is being unappreciative of his GFs sacrifice it is perfectly human to be hurt.)
4) C- (Because she is more worried about her love life than the survival of the group and is too big a twit to make a raft on her own.)
5) Least liked B- (Because the only thing I hate more than a twit who cant make a raft on their own is the jerk who exploits the twit)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is an interesting little issue. I immediately thought of Lost which may have colored how I answered. I have not read anyone else's post. Hopefully this configuration does not make me a puppy killer or something along those lines.

E- Helpful, no reward, altruistic in nature (Locke)
C - Willing to sacrifice dignity for love, misguided but noble (Kate)
A - Yes helpful, but self absorbed, what if he only wants to use the radio for his own purposes (Jack)
B - Willing to help but selfishly asks for sex (Sawyer)
D - Did nothing for anyone except shun C (Ben)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KaliPrime

Funny! We had someone equate them to Gilligan's Island characters and now "Lost". lol.

I personally want to equate them to ATS members, but guess I'd better not.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

1. E because he first aquired food and shelter
2. A because he concentrated on communication for rescue
3. D helps no one on anything.
4. B. He has no morals, is a user, appears to have little value to the group
5. C She used her body to get what she wanted. No morals. She also broke the sacred bond of trust.

edited #3 because I first stated that D and E were idiots for swimming to a differnt island and leaving the group. But I reconsiderd E. He did the most important thing for survival.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Magantice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Thanks, well I would definitely like to read the other scenario your talking about if you get a chance to find it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I think I like A the most, as he was on a mission and didn't let anything distract him (apparently). Instead, he seemed to be focused on the "greater good".

My second choice would be E, as he showed humanity and helped another letter-human with food and shelter.

My third choice would be D. Although he didn't seem to do anything wrong, he apparently didn't make an efffort to reunite with his lover.

My fourth choice would be B. Although he seemingly took advantage of young girl in love, he still helped her out and it't not as if he forced himself on her. She willingly (as an adult, I assume) agreed to have sex with him. I also rank him number four because he apparently knew that she was "with" another letter-person, yet still decided to sleep with her.

My fifth and last choice would be C. Not only could she not build a raft, or supply her own food, but she seemed to only be preoccupied with her own wants, even going as far as to pull A off of his mission for her own benefit. Not only that, but she cheated on her lover with B. She seems like an all around piece of work, someone who can't contribute anything to the larger group and apparently lacks sound morals. She broke her man's heart for an invalid reason. She seems to be a burden to the group as a whole, as she apparently lacks the ability to do anything on her own and she seems to only care about herself (and maybe her lover). I wouldn't be surprised if she winds up srewing E.

With that being said, it appears as if A is the only letter-human working on a solution to bring about the rescue of the group as a whole. He apparently manages to stay out of the drama too and in a survival situation like that, drama can be your worst enemy. For this reason, A is far above all of the other letter-humans in my ranking, while C is far below everyone else for sewing drama in the group and leeching off everyone else, as well as cheating on her lover.

Is this a trick question? Am I missing something here?

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
1. A - he is the best cause he is thinking of how to get off the island which will help everyone.
2. E - he gave food and shelter to a needy person.
3. D - feel sorry for him cause his heart if broken.
4. B - made the woman his sex slave in exchange for helping her.
5. C - she should have never given herself to B, she should have helped A instead, she should know thats what
D would have wanted.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by christinaV

ChristinaV, what an adorable avatar. I really like it's honesty.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by KaliPrime

Funny! We had someone equate them to Gilligan's Island characters and now "Lost". lol.

I personally want to equate them to ATS members, but guess I'd better not.

Please do! You can U2U me and I swear I'll not share it with another. You have my word.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Wow I really liked this!

Post more please
Is there a site you got this from? If so, please share!

One thing I don't really understand is how B represents power, because B (to me) just seemed to be immoral and conniving...but I guess a lot of people in power resort to immoral decision making to retain their power. Must it be a contradiction to have both power and good morals though? Hmm...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zoggz

Must it be a contradiction to have both power and good morals though? Hmm...

You are not the first person to comment on this aspect of B. I don't know that power is inherently unethical, but I personally suspect it reaches a point where it may be, sadly. At least in our modern lives.

I'm thinking later I might tell the story of how I came to acquire this little test. It was given to me by "B".

I'll link it to you when I do, so you'll be aware of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A - Fix the radio to call for help.
E - Helps C with no payment
D - Average fellow
B - Horny fellow
C - Too lazy to build her own raft

Only A was the one who's likable.

E is selfless (probably)

D is your average Joe.

B is your above average horny Joe.

C lets her emotions go wild. Not good in this type of situation.

The next day, A (Al) soon realizes that he can't get enough peace and quiet with people asking him to make a raft, catch a fish, wash a shirt, or some other random thing every minute, so he moved his workshop somewhere else while trying to remember if he turned the stove off.

Meanwhile, E (Eli) is still "taking care" of the heartbroken C (Cathy) who's looking at the hairpin that the cheapskate D (Doug) gave her as an anniversary gift. As for B (Bob), he's somewhere getting it on with a green monkey. Doug in the meantime has cooled his head after a nice long sleep in his comfy hammock that was left behind by a previous inhabitant.

Doug, still in bed, looked at his right side and saw a raft. He then unwillingly got off of his hammock and used the raft that the previous inhabitants left. Angrily he hauled the lightweight raft on the waters. "Why should this raft be a foot away from the sea?" he ungratefully thought. Finally, after moving his muscles after years of inactivity, the raft went on the water and he begins his voyage. "Goodbye comfy hammock!" he cried.

Doug has reached the shore after 5 minutes. Cathy greeted him sobbing, saying "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Doug, surprised, said "It's ok. Everything will be ok." On the inside, Doug thought: "I'd never get a girl as hot as her anymore". This short term reunion was greeted by Bob, who just came out of a small jungle grinning with his new non-human lover on hand. Doug confronted Bob shouting "How dare you lay a hand on my girlfriend!". Bob just answered by flexing his biceps and wimpy Doug walked back to Cathy with his tail between his legs.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Eli never liked vegetables and fruits ever since he was a kid and he had no such luck with seafoods because he's allergic to everything that came from the sea. What Eli prefers though is meat. Fresh, red meat [I think you know where this is heading]. Eli gazes at the two pairs of lovers Doug and Cathy, Bob and the green monkey from his little hut with knife and fork on hand.

Al, remembered that he wasn't alone on the island and gathered some food and freshwater and brought it to his comrades. He said to them "Here are your supplies, just holler if you need some more", then quickly disappeared to his workshop on the far side of the island. Doug and Cathy dug in, while Bob hand feeds the green monkey with choice bananas that Al picked for them. Strangely enough, Eli didn't come out of his hut to join the others.

After a hearty feast, Doug and Bob had a smoke c/o some local 5 fingered leaves they found while Cathy and Greenie played around. This is when Eli came out of his hut with desserts (washed ashore that he had deviously picked-up beforehand). He lured Cathy in with a trail of candies to a secluded location and cooked her on the spot. "THIS is a hearty feast", he exclaimed to himself.

Doug was wondering where Cathy was and called out for her. Alas, there was no reply. "Maybe she just wanted a long walk", he thought, and slept.

The next morning: Cathy was still nowhere to be found. Too lazy to look for her, he looked for Al and asked him to make a hammock. Doug, in his insincerely annoying nasal voice said: "Please, please, please, pretty please. to Al. "NO!", Al shouted. Doug went on and on for hours until Al got fed up and made Doug a hammock. Doug then said to Al: "Please tie this up for me. Please. Pretty Please". "NO!" shouted Al. Doug became annoying again, and Al wanting to just work in peace tied Doug's hammock and went back to work.

Doug was napping away in his new hammock while Bob and Greenie are playing around somewhere. Eli wants to eat Doug so he laid a candy trail to bait Doug. Unfortunately for Eli, Doug only eats Raspberry flavored candies so he didn't fall for the trap. Eli, disappointed, tried to lure in the two lovebirds (Bob and Greenie) instead and it worked without a hitch. What resulted was a Bob and Greenie stew. "Could use a bit more salt", he thought.

The next day, Eli is hungry so he placed a bonfire underneath Doug's hammock. Doug being lazy doesn't want to move and was roasted alive. "A bit bony but still MEAT!", he shouted ecstatically as he munched away at Doug's face.

Meanwhile, Al finally finished the radio and called for help. The coast guard asked for his whereabouts and coincidentally, he made a gps out of his watch while repairing the radio thus making the coast guard's life much easier.

A few hours later, the coast guard came and Al greeted them. Al asked Eli where the three other castaways were. Eli replied with a smile while rubbing his tummy and saying "mmmmmm". Al asked the coastguards: "Did you bring some real food with you? We're sick of fruits and fishes". The coastguard said, yeah, we have some burgers at the back. They proceeded inside the ship and ate.

After an artery-clogging meal, the two survivors went on deck. Looking afar, Al muttered to himself: "I hope my wife turned off the stove" while Eli. on his side with a mouthful of hamburger beef shouted "MEAT!" as they sailed away in the Caribbean sunset.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Unregistered because: MEAT!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join