It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers having fun Killing Civilians in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
1. "Civilians" will kill you. They don't have military uniforms over there. You survive.
2. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug. What you hear in those shouts and hollars is adrenaline. Would you rather these kids take it harder on themselves that they're taking human lives? They already do for the most part and they come back broken with nobody to fix them. Would you have them come back more broken?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I'd rather they hadn't gone, I'd rather they mutiny and come back, Id rather they stop killing for a lie.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the f-uped part is that they were enjoying it, while they just left some kid fatherless. and that man will never see his kids again. this video may have only had 150,000 views on youtube, but it might have made over 150,000 insurgents and sympathizers in iraq. all this blood is on one persons hands, george w. bush. i bet those people who got "lit up" and their families are grateful for america bringing democracy and freedom. those soldiers are murderers plain and simple but the media has everybody pinned with that " we support our troops no matter what" line that it's almost blasphemy to even critize or suggest that these soldiers should be punished. in a perfect world they should be put in front of a military court and sentenced to death. they bring dishonor to the flag, the country and the constitution. these are treasonable offences and that is the only way to wash the stench of dishonor that they brought on themselves, the uniform and the country that supports them. these are murderers running around in the uniform of the united states military. if we support murderers then we might as well release charlie manson and make him a general and give him a platoon of rapists to command.

edit on 26-9-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think it is also necessary to keep in mind a soldier's (or Marine's) state of mind when engaged in combat. As someone mentioned before, just because they seem to laugh and yell and all, does not mean they are enjoying it in the same fashion you would a sport or game. This is purely a reaction to a rush of adrenaline (as others pointed out), a rush of adrenaline very few people can understand without being there. Have you ever seen a video of someone who narrowly escapes death? Whether it was dodging a car or surviving a fall, you get the point, they generally tend to get this excited smile on their face accompanied by laughter.

The unit I served the entirety of my combat deployments with was quite a bit more disciplined than most, and I can assure you that it took hundreds of thousands, if not a couple million tax payer dollars to prepare men to deal with the "rush" of combat, and to respond in a different manner.

There ARE deranged individuals in the military though, no doubt. It's easy enough to enlist, and if killing people is your goal, well the military will have a place for you (assuming you don't let them know you just want to kill without regards to your target(s)). Believe me when I tell you though, the Army and Marines do a decent job of policing themselves. I've seen and delivered a couple gun-butts to the jaws of psychopathic and sick individuals in the field. People are court marshaled more often than the news reports for breaking ROE, and it is common to see men re-assigned if they display questionable morality and/or judgment in the field.

Nothing makes a true Soldier (or Marine, Airman or Sailor) sicker than seeing all the hard work they have put in to earn the trust of the indigenous people in their AO destroyed by senseless, needless and cowardly acts. As I've said before, I've been witness to Soldiers, and one heroic Airman (CCT) taking rounds and losing their lives trying, and successfully saving the lives of civilians caught in the crossfire in Afghanistan, when our enemy, the apparent "freedom fighters" could have cared less who they were hosing down with 7.62.

As others have alluded to, War is wrong no matter who is fighting for what. Until we can collectively erase armed conflict from our daily lives as a species, we're all out of line in one way or another.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

1.) Prove he had kids.
2.) Prove he wasn't on the way home from making IED's or planning to kill someone.
3.) Treason? Really, there is enough of that on this administration if you'd care to look.
4.) If ya really want them killed for treason, can we start with the politicians in office, quite a few of the MSM members, ya know....the ones keeping this going?
5.) Life goes on, see you on another American bashing thread I'm sure....have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is just some stock video and seems to be taken out of context by the OP? For one, we don't know what the chain of events are leading up to this armed confrontation? Second, it is hard to see down range when the camera pans in front of them. They could have been engaged with hostile fire, but the camera did not catch it due to the angles taken and other factors during the battle. We can only assume what went on, but I highly doubt if civilians were killed in that confrontation, it was intentional.

In combat if one hesitates even for a second it could get them or their buddies killed. If the people in the cars where killed, it was because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. In any conflict when armed combatants are among the civilian population, there is bound to be unintentional killing of civilians. It was a dirty war over there, and a brutal insurgency. Sadly, the people got caught in the middle of it. As far as I am concerned, it seemed like your usually firefight. Moreover, I think I heard someone say, "Did you see that sniper?" If civilians were killed it is a tragedy, but that goes with the territory when fighting an insurgency. All the soldiers and marines can do is to try to make every feasible effort that the unintentional killing of civilians do not happen, but sometimes it does.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ooozzy,

why don't you and your friends post some IED bomb stuff?

why don't u post americans getting killed under your pretense of victimization?

And why are Americans getting killed by IEDs in the middle east? Just wandering around on holiday getting blown up or did they invade those countries and start killing locals? Poor Americans. It is like you cannot invade and slaughter foreign people without someone getting all mad and making a bomb to stop it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Or perhaps some soldiers just don't like to be reminded that there are bad apples among their ranks?

I've never understood this hidden rule that forbids people from questioning the mission of U.S soldiers. They work so hard to defend everything they do but there's just no way you can defend people who pick off others for fun.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Counter propaganda with propaganda, so then it becomes a contest of who's propaganda is better, right?

Why not counter propaganda with reason? With logic? With solid information? All the facts?

Why is it that it is never about the whole picture, never about all the facts, it's only about the facts you like and picture you'd like to paint?

Why is it that it's always about propaganda with you guys?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't believe for one minute that the US soldiers are killing civilians on purpose. Has anyone noticed that the enemy do not wear uniforms so when one gets killed it called a civilian death. Nonsense. Anyone civilian caught with a gun is not there to sell it or because it goes well with his rags. They have guns to kill American and other NATO soldiers because they are brainwashed in believing that they are Crusaders to kill the Muslim fight. Nothing could be further from the truth but they will never see it that way. Yes the US should leave those countries and let the tribes fight among themselves as they usually do anyway. Their governments are all corrupt and always were. Then I wonder who they will blame when its over. As long as any more come to this country is fine with me.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
I don't believe for one minute that the US soldiers are killing civilians on purpose.

A US soldier has been convicted of murder for his involvement in the killing of four Iraqis who were shot and dumped in a Baghdad canal in 2007.

His lawyers argued that the stress of being in a conflict zone for so long meant he was unable to reason properly.

Why not?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

GIs collecting body part trophies of murdered Afghan civilians

Recent disclosure of US soldiers killing Afghan civilians for sport and collecting their body parts as trophies has received international condemnation. Twelve infantry soldiers from the 5th Stryker Brigade based in Washington state face charges over forming a secret "kill team" that blew up and shot Afghan civilians at random and collected body parts as trophies between January and March this year. They had been deployed to Kandahar province a year ago.

wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com...

Iraqi civilians killed 864,531
Iraqi civilians seriously injured 1,556,156

Afghan civilians killed 8,813
Afghan civilians seriously injured 15,863

www.unknownnews.net...

God Bless America.....

edit on 26-9-2010 by jambatrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

It seems the last option left for the terrorist sympathizers is to attack me

I don't mind.

The video is, as it is. I didn't post the video, the thread's title is not mine, I copied it from the video.

The fact that so many Americans do not know about this incident is shocking, the fact that so many ex American soldiers, Semper Fi, is questioning this video as being out of context is shocking.

I never said it is not out of context, I see what I see in the video, that is how everyone else sees it. How about this, why won't you go and invistigate this incident? Why won't you go to your officers and demand answers, cause it seems you are a soldier, a veterin.

Ohh wait, can you do that in the US? What would they say to you if you ask them? Last I checked, the person who was torturing Iraqi prisoners was given a sentence of two years in Jail hahahaha. Wait, that is not in our rule book argument

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
In ANY war, this kind of thing happens. It's called horrors of war for a reason. People rape, pillage, murder children, many unspeakable acts happen. Most of them are never reported and you should feel privilege to even be able to see videos like this because this generation of wars(the last 15 years) are now being documented firsthand by soldiers and you are now seeing the real truth of war. It is not pretty and it is real. Don't just blame America because this happens in any war and yes soldiers take spoils and sometimes as stated in the post above they take body parts(remember Vietnam? Remember Native Americans scalping people).

Whether you like or not any soldier is a trained killer and that is what they are taught to do, destroy. Sometimes there is a limit where you have to stop and alot of soldiers cannot control themselves, it is the nature of the beast. Now you can pin this all on the soldiers, but the blame actually lies with the military leaders and not the soldiers themselves. They are just the worker bees. As an American I question on a daily basis why the hell we are in Iraq. I cannot find a clear answer to that. Saudi Arabia are the ones who bombed us on 911, not Iraq and not Iran. There is no doubt of that. But the soldiers do not derive the objective and missions, they only carry them out. Yes it is true that alot of them question their motives, yet still they fight for country and God. But a good soldier always follows orders and that is what they are trained to do. It's the nature of the beast.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Ohh wait, can you do that in the US? What would they say to you if you ask them? Last I checked, the person who was torturing Iraqi prisoners was given a sentence of two years in Jail hahahaha. Wait, that is not in our rule book argument

Hey oooz
Well this proves the good ole US of A is not really a police state.

Name one Police state/Empire that would allow it's citizens to view this type of video? [Even though it's out of context and the first half has been edited out]

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

150000 out of 307,006,550.

How many of the 150000 is American is a whole different question.

Yup, they are allowed, but what is the point of allowing when no one will see it? It is as if the video never existed

US is a police state, because the constitution is scrapped. I think you need to post on my thread which actually is about that topic

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Just because that is the way it IS does not mean that is the way it is supposed to be. I am so tired of people justifying the murder of children as simply 'the nature of the beast'.

IF soldiers are being trained to be baby killers, it is wrong, and should be called out as the disgusting thing that it is. Not simply written off as the 'horrors of war' as your post suggests.

The US has killed over a million Iraqi civilians. Your writing off the fact of atrocities being committed as soldiers somehow 'doing their job' is disturbing.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jambatrumpet
The US has killed over a million Iraqi civilians. Your writing off the fact of atrocities being committed as soldiers somehow 'doing their job' is disturbing.

OH HERE WE GO AGAIN with that BS!

Prove it.
And don't post that BS lancet report. That thing has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. And while you are at it read up on how many of those are actually caused by Iraqi Sunni on Iraqi Shiite sectarian violence.

Check the numbers
Source

edit on 27-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The tip of the iceberg VS the iceberg.

I believe in the iceberg

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by jambatrumpet

OH HERE WE GO AGAIN with that BS!

Prove it.
And don't post that BS lancet report. That thing has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. And while you are at it read up on how many of those are actually caused by Iraqi Sunni on Iraqi Shiite sectarian violence.

Check the numbers
Source

edit on 27-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

OK. We'll go by your numbers.

Are you saying that a hundred thousand civilian deaths comitted by a foreign army occupying a country based on fictional intelligence information, are simply casualties of war?

Is your argument that because there is a discrepancy between the number of innocent men, women, and children murdered, that these deaths are somehow justified?

I hope you are simply pointing out that there differing opinions on the number of civilian deaths, and that, as a sentient human being, you are as disgusted as I am at the killing and maming on innocents. And that, you agree, that the death of a single child, 1000 children, or a hundred thousand, are all unacceptable.

edit on 27-9-2010 by jambatrumpet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join