It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldiers having fun Killing Civilians in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
It looks like open season in Iraq, we should have nuked the whole region years ago to stop this type of thing from happening. The west never asked for this war a

next stop Iran! those civilians better get off the streets lol...........

Seems you're a bit confused, I bet you walk around smiling and talking to people as if you were normal, eh? If only they knew what you were really thinking what would they feel about you.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh goody, another bash America thread..........give it a rest.
People die in war, fact of life.......prove they were citizens, otherwise it's just your opinion.
Blame the government all you want, but it's not gonna change what's happening........

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Oh goody, another bash America thread..........give it a rest.
People die in war, fact of life.......prove they were citizens, otherwise it's just your opinion.
Blame the government all you want, but it's not gonna change what's happening........

Quite a defeatist attitude to have...

If we remove America from the subject entirely and simply discuss the actions of the soldiers I think it would be best for everyone. Otherwise you have to read the usual cliched garbage from both sides of the argument.

Unfortunately the video doesn't provide enough evidence to support definitively either claim, that they are insurgents or civilians. Perhaps that was the intention all along, leave just enough footage out for deniability purposes.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't agree with either of the wars, but I will support the young men and women over there fighting, for what I don't know.
YOu have to remember we are sending over these soldiers with little training on urban warfare. we are giving them the weapons and telling them to go fight the enemy. When they ask "who is the enemy sir?" What reply do they get? Anyone not in a coalition uniform. Now go protect the country and get the bad guys!
You have young 18-30 year olds over there most are scared out of their minds running around with fully loaded guns wondering if the next turn they take is their last. I don't defend some of the behavior that I have seen or heard about but you can't blame them.
Bring them home, let them defend their countries when they need defended. Let big business sort out the other countries. Isn't that who is running this war anyway?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontbealala
Only one of these films that come out that is one too many. The war on resourses needs to be stopped. I couldnt imagine what it would be like to have these fools inhabit my country and start random shooting on my family and neighbours.

I feel ashmed of my fellow man when I view this sort of footage

Too bad killing civilians in Iraq is the rule and not the exception.

The soldiers must have been either brainwashed by those 9/11 lies, played too many violent video games, listened to too much hard rock and heavy metal, or all four.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

you talk crap about propaganda oozy, but you buy into this bullsh__ just as hard as anyone. You have NO idea what the hell went/goes on in Iraq. You merely watch youtube and read stories and form your own conclusion. Name a war where soldiers from either side haven't been deranged or killed civilians (intentionally or unintentionally). YOU ARE A PROPAGANDA MACHINE, merely working opposite the U.S. propaganda machine. Look at your damn avatar caption (complete US colapse...). Grow up man, you should realize that its not as black and white as good vs. evil.

I am not angered by the fact you posted this video, as people need to see this stuff. It helps convey just how horrible war can be. What angers me is the fact you pin this on an entire nation and its military. How about you show some injustices perpetrated by nations other than the U.S. for once and maybe I will start to think you are not just another idiot jumping on the anti-U.S. bandwagon.

Care to show the bodies of IRAQI children, murdered and mutilated by extremist militias for "cooperating with the enemy"? Care to show the children missing arms and legs in Afghanistan due to the Taliban? Care to show the horrid violence that exists in this world outside of the U.S. military? Or are you happy in your own little shell, pretending the U.S. is responsible for all the worlds problems. It's quite moronic my friend.

and as for your ending comment "counter propaganda with propaganda"....that shows just how immature and out of touch you are with reality. Following your steps we should be prepared for never-ending conflict, where each side furthers itself into the fringes. You should counter propaganda with TRUTH and REALITY.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

I don't defend some of the behavior that I have seen or heard about but you can't blame them.

We all know that there is a ton of blame to throw around at all levels, from corrupt governments falsifying rationale for going to war, to military leadership giving bad orders to shoot anything that moves, to .......yes, the soldiers themselves.

Their fault is for signing up in the first place, voluntarily, to a war that had nothing to do with protecting their country or family. Maybe some just needed a job, but there are more humane ways to make a living. To listen to the guys on this tape you'd have thought they were playing shootem-up video games and not killing real innocent people.

This is disgusting no matter how you look at it. It is time people stopped trying to rationalize it..

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Care to show the bodies of IRAQI children, murdered and mutilated by extremist militias ...

With all due respect, give me a break.

Are you saying that every time someone brings up an issue they must also bring up every other possible issue, and from every perspective, at the same time??? I don't think so.

The things you mention are gruesome. Start a thread on any one of those, but don't expect every thread to be all inclusive. If you are tired of seemingly anti-American threads, maybe you should try and figure out why there are so many. Couldn't be that there is actually a lot of material out there to discuss and deal with could it? Oh no. The rest of the world is just being unfair.

Reality sucks. Right now the reality is that your country is actually involved in the lion's share of world troubles, and all too often on the wrong side of the issues.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

My response comes from a long line of oozy's posts. Not once have I seen the dude post anything war-crime related that wasn't directly insulting the U.S. military. He makes dangerous generlizations all of the time, I'm merely trying to counter his propaganda with a little touch of reality. I'm not trying to portray the U.S. as a squeeky-clean nation of heroes, merely that this video is out of context and so is oozy most of the time. The man is obviously very anti-U.S. American, and while I respect his decision to be such, I'm not going to sit by idly while the arse spews forth propaganda that paints our entire military as blood-thirsty killing machines. He speaks as if he has any world experience outside of his bedroom, which I doubt more and more by the day.

I'm not going to waste people's time making a thread about soldiers, brothers that I've watched die meters from me while trying to protect Afghan civilians. I'm not going to make a thread regarding anything without taking the time to consider the repercussions, and the full range of possibilities. Threads are like cornholes, everyone's got one apparently, but I'm more about quality over quantity. If he can't take time to properly address an issue, don't make a thread. For example, if you're gonna sit here and criticize one side for civilian casualties, you better damn well be prepared to address the other.

How about you give me a break. What was/is the point of this thread? Everyone with half a brain knows civilians are being killed in the ongoing conflict in Iraq. What good is this video doing? So instead of just hopping into a conversation and taking ONE of my sentences out of context, how about you tell me what good can come of this thread?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

So what are you trying to say? that were basicly fighting all arabs?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ooozzy,

why don't you and your friends post some IED bomb stuff?

why don't u post americans getting killed under your pretense of victimization?

you should be proud, no?

the occupied and oppressed fighting back. ya?

oh wait, really can't do that. why?

it would seem that it would be logical that you would be fair. no?

if you were so concerned about the deaths , you would be more balanced.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Well I don;t get it, why fight them, since they are the population.
Are you afraid they are going to come on an inflatable raft and destroy new york with their old AK 47 ?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

End war.
Don't engage in it or resort to it as a means of solving problems.

Outlaw WAR.

This has always been the mindset of the "left" here in the US,
excluding Obama, who is more of a centrist than most liberals want him to be.

Now...why do people still hate the left and progressives for thinking like that?

Most people want their cake and to eat it too.
They permit war, allow it and vote it in.

Then they do nothing but complain about how ugly it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

So instead of just hopping into a conversation and taking ONE of my sentences out of context, how about you tell me what good can come of this thread?

My concern is the complacency with which the American population seems to accept uninvited American military involvement in other people's countries. Once a war has been started, usually without even "declaration", the automatic response of Americans is "duty", even if the war is wrong. Maybe they don't know its wrong to start with, but even once its perfectly clear, there is still a single mindset of duty and obey.

This frustrates the hell out of most non Americans. It is exacerbated when the soldiers then go on to conduct themselves in an abhorrent manner like killing civilians.

What can come of these videos? I would hope that they invoke enough anger and emotion to crack that seemingly inpenetrable notion that the military industrial complex cannot be questioned. It must be questioned. Being prepared to sacrifice your life for your country is astonishingly admirable. Killing others needlessly for the sake of commercial objectives is not; even if the soldier doesn't realize that is why he was put in harm's way. His ignorance is not an acceptable excuse in this day and age.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

While I certainly respect your view point, I'm not convinced it is entirely accurate. The military complex should be and IS questioned on a constant basis. Many non U.S. Americans have this view of the U.S.A. that is about as far from reality as possible, not saying that yours is completely. Most of us in this country understand that our leadership is about as effective as a 3 legged dog is at sled pulling. I think most foreigners get confused when U.S. Americans openly support their troops, regardless of their current duty or assignment. That is the staple of U.S. American military service. Our military goes where our government orders. Our government is supposed to be representative of the people, however most are keenly aware that this is not the case these days.

I will not delve into the commercial interests of this conflict in this thread. There is neither the time nor space, nor is it the proper place to do so. Put simply: To place the sole objective of our military conflict in Iraq and/or Afghanistan on purely monetary grounds is a practice in naivety.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Well I don;t get it, why fight them, since they are the population.
Are you afraid they are going to come on an inflatable raft and destroy new york with their old AK 47 ?

Yisschar1 isn't from the US, basically he should be pitied as he suffers from Baggie an affliction he probably caught quite young as not many older people get it, for some unknown reason it seems to be flaring up in England at the moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
throw up some recruitment vids for the taliban or whomever!

killing the big bad US soldiers.

let's see how far you get.

fair is fair.

anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm really sick and tired of people bashing America, you all are the first to come begging for help when crap hits the fan. All you haters want to do just that: SPREAD HATE. Its sickening.
Alot of you here talk about being 'enlightened' you definitely dont act like youre enlightened in any way shape and form.
Instead of focusing on the negative, why not focus on the POSITIVE things the Coalition has done since being in either country?

Here's a few videos to show the other side of things:

I think I made my point, but I will post more if I didnt

edit on 26/9/10 by HomerinNC because: fixed a link

edit on 26/9/10 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by strangleholder1
It looks like open season in Iraq, we should have nuked the whole region years ago to stop this type of thing from happening. The west never asked for this war a

next stop Iran! those civilians better get off the streets lol...........

Seems you're a bit confused, I bet you walk around smiling and talking to people as if you were normal, eh? If only they knew what you were really thinking what would they feel about you.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

You! are the one who is confused, unlike YOU, my ego isn't tied up in what other people think. I can think whatever the hell I want because I am a free man. I'm glad that you think me abnormal, to a sheep the concept of freedom must seem not of the norm

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

You can enjoy your freedom to think, I just thank god you haven't the freedom to act.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join