It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ghosts have clothes on?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I do believe in ghosts I just find myself wondering why they have clothes on. The clothes didn't die... any input?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
one theory is that spirits remember how they looked like in their lives so they 'remember' themselves with clothing on

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Cause you cant show naked ghosts on TV.

two.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

I wouldn't call a sheet clothing.
No really I don't know could be like Astral projection , depending at what level you are at you could have clothes or just be a dot of white lite.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
From my own personel exp. it seems most ghosts are wearing the clothes they liked most when they were alive or the clothes that they were either buried in or died in.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My guess most people don't walk around their house naked why would a ghost? Unless they are a nudist... Not to mention, as a ghost it must still get cold. haunted houses look very chilly.

This brings up a good question are nudist ghosts naked? Or are there no nudist ghosts....

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I think the clothing aspect is the intent function of the spirit rather than a functional one. What are they trying to tell you with their clothes? I have dreams of deceased people. At times, I only notice their faces. At times, I see them in their full human figure.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So what people are suggesting is that once a person dies one can project the image of oneself at its best? So if a fat guy dies and always envisioned himself to be skinny, he will project skinny? Just asking. Also, I wanted a less vague answer.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Ghosts have no nervous system, therefore they don't feel cold.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
My guess most people don't walk around their house naked why would a ghost? Unless they are a nudist... Not to mention, as a ghost it must still get cold. haunted houses look very chilly.

This brings up a good question are nudist ghosts naked? Or are there no nudist ghosts....

I am a nudist and maybe i will come back as a nude ghost sounds like a lot of fun.
talk about a way to get even from the grave.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

I see what you're saying, maybe its more of part of a message. In dreams it makes more sense because I believe its on a different plane.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think a spirit will alter their appearance to what they want

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think of it kind of like how the Matrix movie talks about 'residual self image'.

en.wikipedia.org...

Same concept but in a spiritual way.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is off topic but this kind of remind of the star wars return of the Jedi ending when Anakin Skywalker came back with his youthful face and Jedi robes

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My parents are both nudists, I'm praying that they don't decide to haunt me, there is such a thing as too much information

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Ahh but since ghosts are classified as the unknown you cannot know what you can't study... Therefore a ghost could be cold..

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There was a film a while ago called 'The stone tapes' which presented the idea that many ghosts are recordings of highly emotionally charged events which are trapped in the crystalline structure of the stone of the surrounding buildings or environment.
So what people sometimes see as ghosts are actually recordings of an event which happened in the past, and when a certain time of the year comes round, the recordings are played back.
I think this is true to some extent, but I'm not too sure what the situation is when someone actually communicates with a ghost.
I suppose they prefer to appear in whichever form they feel is acceptable or freaky to the observer.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I assume that Incubus and Succubus appear naked, not sure if they count as ghosts though.

My girlfriend says she has a book title "Sexual hauntings throughout the ages" I will have to look at that

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You know....Casper never wore any clothes.

No wonder they called him 'friendly.'

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think there is also another aspect to it all because not all ghosts are even in human form some can take the form of an orb some are are like a mist and some take no form at all like poltergeists so basically not all ghosts are seen wearing clothes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join