It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ghosts have clothes on?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I dont think that a incubus or succubus is classified as a ghost its more along the lines of demonic I think.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You know how it gets colder when a ghost is around? Well, the fact is, ghosts know this too, and that's why they wear clothes.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
I do believe in ghosts I just find myself wondering why they have clothes on. The clothes didn't die... any input?

Someone is running a G rated afterlife, is my guess.

The better question is who is doing their laundry and why? ooh ...

naked ghosts .. ??

peace,
ET

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It depends, there's tons of logical assumptions (assuming you've already bought into the idea of ghosts) that could account for this. Here's a short list:

1. assume ghosts can control their appearance. if they're spiritual or energetic beings with control over when/how they appear why wouldn't they hold on to cultural norms that they bought into in life? being clothed/looking good is a pretty common cultural norm.

2. assume ghosts are time impressions, or residual hauntings. Then why WOULDN'T the clothes show up? its part of the imprint right? its what 'really' happened when the imprint was made.

3. assume that ghosts are just pscyhological projections. If ghosts are a product of the mind, then it'd be expected for ghosts to be in clothes...most of the time.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

A silly question for a silly subject.

Has no one told you ghosts aren't real?

Imaginary clothes on imaginary ghosts!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
When I die Im projecting myself to be Don Knots so I can scare the living sh!t out of people and be funny at the same time.

edit on 26-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Are ghosts real??? Have I seen one? Well, I believe I saw a spirit, if that classified as ghosts. This being had an intent. I saw him while I was half assleep. I was going through some very deep emotional crisis over an individual I became attached too. That was right after I have open 7 of my Chakras. He does not belong to my race. A young man who may be a soldier or some sort. I only noticed his face and he has a golden aura around him. I saw his hair, his eyes, his face, his lips, and I even touched his right arm. He had a rough hand. He said he would help me to talk to her. Her, in this case, was the woman I have grown attached to. Apparently, I was in college and our so called relationship was interrupted by an outside party. The staff and the dean of the university. He put his right hand out and I just grasped it. Next thing I knew he took me to places and maybe trying to test me.

I was asleep and he just appeared by my bedside. It was so real that when I was done traveling with him, I woke up and expected him to be by my bedside. He was gone.

In another incidence I was maybe 11 or 12. Across the street there was an industrial building. Pretty high too. It was at night and I was watching the night traffic out by the window. When I looked across the building, by the fire-scape, I saw a white sheet. Just flowing down by the fire-scape until it reached to the bottom. Many believe that when you see ghosts is when your consciousness or your mind is weak (such as feeling depressed, emotional stressed out, and etc).

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeRaveler

The reason it gets cold is in theory, we thing that the spirit is pulling energy from the surrounding area to manifest, so the temperature drops

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is a little off topic as to why ghost wear clothes, but i have a friend that communicated with a ghost last week while working at a hospital, thinking he was communicating with a patient. First of all he is not a doctor there he actually just works on the machines and equipment for the hospital. He was on call and was called in about 2 oclock in the morning to work on some machine in a room. He said he walked in the room, noticed a elderly woman he said was probably in her 70s, lying in the bed asleep. Nothing out of the ordinary so he just went on business as usual working on the machine he was called in to repair. After a few minutes he said she seemed to wake up and asked if he was her doctor. He said "no mam do you know your doctors name"? She said "i cant remember". He asked do you know how long youve been here? She says "as long as i can remember." So he said i'l go ask the nurse at the desk for you who your doctor is. So he goes out to the desk and asks the nurse who the ladies doctor is in room 438. She checks the chart and says theres no one in room 438. He says that there is because he just talked to her. She says again " no we dont have anybody in that room", so they both walk to the room and sure enough nobodys in there. The beds made like nobody was ever there. They checked the rooms around there and she was not there. My friend is not someone who would make something like this up. When he was telling me this i could see he had goose bumps on his arms. As for clothes she was wearing a hospital gown he said.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Theres a supposed naked ghost image on this page

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

While its true we as humans don't know the first thing about ghosts, we do know a great deal about the human body. Scientificly speaking, ghosts cannot feel due to lack of a nervous system. With that being said, I would also draw the conclusion that the other four senses also don't work. I think that ghosts are concious and aware but I just don't understand how. Maybe what we perceive as a concious ghost is really more like a movie playing out until the energy runs out. Matter cannot be distroyed, just recreated into something else. Ghosts are nothing more than energy. The more I talk about ghosts the less I believe in them. I don't believe in god or an afterlife in the conventional sense. I do wonder about reincarnation though

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Nice pic. That's a sexy freakin ghost! That's only one instance though.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Have you guys seen that michael jackson ghost at neverland? That one was pretty bizarre

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBiggz

reply to post by HomerinNC

But the viewer (us) doesn't share their memories. How could we know what they (the ghost) remembered of themselves?

Unless of course they can enter our thoughts, and make us see them how they want to be seen.

But how could that be, if in a lot of cases, the ghost is completely oblivious to the person watching them, and just going about the business they took part in while alive? In that case, they wouldn't be actively entering our minds, and therefore would not be actively changing our perceptions of them.

A third option is that we have our own preconceived notions of what the ghost would look like, without the need for the ghost to enter our minds. But if that is true, where does that preconceived notion come from?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The question doesn't make much sense to me.

Why would a ghost appear with flesh? I mean, it wouldn't really have any, right?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
So what people are suggesting is that once a person dies one can project the image of oneself at its best? So if a fat guy dies and always envisioned himself to be skinny, he will project skinny? Just asking. Also, I wanted a less vague answer.

Well, you don't always get what you want, do ya? Once you put it out there, you can't control the conversation. Don't expect to.

My take on it is that in the after-life, at least for a time, you project how you want to look, including appropriate attire. I also suspect, but am not certain, that you can vary the look depending on your audience. For example, I would not know my own parents as young people. I really don't know what they looked like. I would expect them to show up looking more or less like I remembered them. How much of that would be my own projection and how much would be theirs is hard to say. Ultimately I expect we get beyond the projecting of ourselves as we knew ourselves in life and move on to more important matters. In other words, "ghosts" are the recently deceased who really haven't gotten used to being dead yet and haven't quite made a 100% transition.

As for fat guys envisioning themselves skinny, that's an interesting one. Obviously, the fat guy envisioned himself fat for this life or he wouldn't BE fat, so the whole idea begs the question. For some reason, he elected fat this time around. I think he would have to work at it to project truly skinny. He might have to get there by degrees. Just a thought.

My own wardrobe will reflect my familiarity with a cool climate and be Levi's jeans with a long sleeved work shirt, either Nike tennies or boots, at about 35 or so, old enough to show some maturity and experience, but young enough to tango, so to speak. I'll keep my hair short this time, be clean shaven though the mustache stays. I'll probably doff 10-15 pounds as well. I think that's within reason and my capabilities--not too extreme. Of course that depends on the climate I find, but my guess there is I'll find what I expect.

The aliens may have other plans, but that's where the real battlefield is and that's where I'll fight them.

edit on 9/26/2010 by schuyler because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe ghosts are people in another dimension that is slightly overlapping ours. I could swear at times that at least one ghost moved in with me. I remember I went to sleep one night and dreamed about traveling around as if I floated out of my house and went into someone else's just to explore. Someone saw me and screamed an awful scream. I woke up immediately. If I actually appeared as a ghost, that would be very interesting because I thought I had some control of that experience. I wouldn't want to do that naked unless everyone else was too. You know a naked ghost would definitely attract cameras.

Just think how embarassing it would be if it was discovered astral projection was real and they were some of the ghosts and someone did it naked and got caught.

I do not believe anyone has proven that ghosts can not feel anything.

edit on 26-9-2010 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBiggz
From my own personel exp. it seems most ghosts are wearing the clothes they liked most when they were alive or the clothes that they were either buried in or died in.

Haha, I'd be a very dapper Ghost then because I love wearing my Paul Smith jumper, playboy socks, Pringle boxers and Easy jeans.

Yep, believe it or not thats how I dress, just goes to show how your personality on the internet really is anonymous.

LOL I'm still laughing........

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
You know....Casper never wore any clothes.

No wonder they called him 'friendly.'

I dunno, Casper never seemed to have much going on "down there"...he couldn't have been that friendly, or maybe he was just poorly endowed.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Everything is a projection of mind, like a dream. Even the clothes you're wearing now, which are not unlike the clothes a ghost would wear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join