It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural Season six

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

The car is god, that's what I took from it, think about how important that car was to Dean and Sam, it was central to everything they did. In fact when the car was wrecked, Sam made the statement that even if one part still worked, it would be enough.

Remember also Chuck wrote that the car was the most important thing in the universe?

The car is actually god.

I have to wait till they upload it online because I missed season 6 opening, but I want to know how Sam gets out of the pit. I mean Sam was possessed by Satan at the end of season 5 and he went into Lucifer's cage, so how do you suppose they get him back?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hmmmm the Impala is god.I like the way you think.

I don't think that Samuel and cousins are the real thing.Maybe not demons,perhaps some new kind of post-apocalypse monster that they will introduce in this season.I don't even think that Sam is really himself.When Castiel reappears perhaps we will get some answers.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok some wonderful person uploaded the premier on YouTube and I just got through watching it.

Ok, how the hell did Sam get out of the cage? Really? How?

I doubt that Cas can even answer that one, it has to be the Impala.

Ok, to prove that Chuck isn't God, but the Impala is, look what Chuck wrote about the Impala, and think about how the Impala was instrumental at the end of last season...

On April 21st, 1967, the 100 millionth GM Vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Janesville. A blue two-door Caprice. It was a big ceremony, speeches, Lt. Gov. even showed up. Three days later another car rolled off that same line, no one gave two craps about her, but they should have. Because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car, no…the most important object in pretty much the whole universe. She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends he’d drive around giving bibles to the poor. “Getting folks right for Judgment Day”, that’s what he said. Sam and Dean don’t know any of this, but if they did, I bet they’d smile.

After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used car lot in Lawrence, where a young marine bought her on impulse; that is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that’s where this story begins. And here’s where it ends.

The Impala, of course, has all the things other cars have, and a few things they don’t. But none of that stuff’s important. This is the stuff that’s important. The army man that Sam crammed in the ashtray; it’s still stuck there. The Lego’s that Dean shoved into the vents; to this day - heat comes on, they can hear ‘em rattle. These are the things that make the car theirs. Really theirs. Even when Dean rebuilt her from the ground up he made sure all these little things stayed. Cuz it’s the blemishes that make her beautiful. The Devil doesn’t know or care what kind of car the boys drive.

(NOTE: This part comes from a screen shot of Chuck's computer screen – it is not included in the dialogue … 275 horses, all waiting to get Dean the hell out of Detroit. The only problem – he had nowhere to go. He didn’t have - never really had, for that matter, a home to go to. Worse, there was nothing and nobody left to hunt, or fight, or kill that could do a damn bit of difference. It wasn’t an entirely new position for Dean to be in.)

In between jobs, Sam and Dean would sometimes get a day, sometimes a week if they were lucky. They’d pass the time lining their pockets. Sam used to insist on honest work – but now he hustles pool, like his brother.

They could go anywhere and do anything. They drove a thousand miles for an Ozzy show; two days for a Jayhawks game. And when it was clear…. they’d park her in the middle of nowhere. Sit on the hood and watch the stars – for hours, without saying a word. It never occurred to them…that sure, maybe they never really had a roof and four walls…but they were never, in fact, homeless.

Endings are hard. Any chapped-ass monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch, there’s always gonna be holes. And since it’s the ending, it’s all supposed to add up to something – I’m telling you they’re a raging pain in the ass.

This is the last Dean and Bobby will see of each other for a very long time. And for the record, at this point next week, Bobby will be hunting a Rugaru outside of Dayton, but not Dean. Dean didn’t want Cas to save him – every part of him, ever fibre he’s got wants to die, or find a way to bring Sam back. But he isn't gonna do either. Because he made a promise.

So what’s it all add up to? It’s hard to say. But me, I’d say this was a test, for Sam and Dean – and I think they did alright. Up against good, evil, angels, devils, destiny and God himself. They made their own choice, they chose family. And, well….isn’t that kinda the whole point? No doubt - endings are hard, but then again, nothing really ends, does it?

I got this off of facebook...

www.facebook.com...

edit on 9/27/2010 by whatukno because: The Impala is God

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
God sorry the Impala got him out.You said it yourself.

Another thought i had....
Death got him out.
He is the one creature even stronger than god.(or so he says)
Dean kept his deal and let Sam become Lucifer's vessel.
He doesn't like Lucifer.
So maybe he thought that leaving Sam down there could be some sort of victory for Lucifer,so he lets him out.

By the way the actor that played Death was really scary.And the scene in the restaurant was awesome.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I watched the 1st episode and it looks like there are a lot of new mysteries to figure out this season like, how did Sam and their granddad come back and are they really who they say they are. It should be interesting to see how this plays out. I love all of the plot twists in this show.

The thing that bothered me about the 1st show was how they changed the Djinn's powers. The last time they met one, he used his powers to put his victem in a coma during which time the victim experienced a world in which all of their heart's desires came true. While the victim was trapped in this false reality, the Djinn would feed on their life force or whatever. The wish fulfillment delusion explained the Djinn's supposed legendary power to grant wishes.

In the new show, the only thing they could do was poison people to make thier fears come to life until their hearts failed. I remember a show in a previous season in which there was a creature who did use poison to make the victem's fears come alive and kill them but, I don't think it was the Djinns who used it. It may have been in the episode where the were in the mental hospital to help their hunter friend. I may be wrong but, I think they got the Djinn's powers mixed up with some other creature.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I totally forgot about Death's deal with Dean. Just off the top of my head, it did seem that Dean honored the deal.
Death to me would be in charge of the reapers, but would he have to keys to the 'cage'? If he did, why not tend to Lucifer himself? If Death has more juice than God, Dean would be a mere amoeba in comparison.

I get that the show is far from perfect, so there must be things that will not make sense, but I like to ponder.

Chuck's monologue was great. This paragraph says it all.

Endings are hard. Any chapped-ass monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning, but endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always gonna bitch, there’s always gonna be holes. And since it’s the ending, it’s all supposed to add up to something – I’m telling you they’re a raging pain in the ass.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I've heard that theory before that the impala was God. It was the reason they were able to defeat the devil. Godpala, to the rescue!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

You might be right, Death was a real freaky and very powerful character!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That's what I was thinking too until I thought about it, you know how they said weird things were happening a lot like werewolves changing shape at half moon? Maybe the apocalypse ending changed the djinns powers up a bit too. I think that is the direction this season is going to go in. With the evil hierarchy virtually destroyed all the rules are gone and things aren't behaving normally. I bet some of the pagan gods we saw last season are going to fight to become the new top dog now that Lucifer is gone. I also think Dean might track down God for revenge. This season really has me wondering, what could be worse than the devil?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I think deans family getting killed was part of the hallucination from the poison, and yes it was a confusing episode.
I am going to vote no on the impala, and chuck being god. Both ideas I think are good, it is just I think god being the supreme being, being omnipotent, having supreme power over life and death, will never actually be seen in any sort of solid form.
I do hope cas will come back though. Like I said I think the angels are some interesting characters.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i agree the car isnt god the dialogue you quoted was more showing that the car was a pivotal point in establishing the relationship between the brothers and the dad. In this first episode of season 6 did you notice that sam had a new car and dean got almost upset when he didnt take the chevy? Its just something sentimental. I doubt the god is in the dash board of an impala
Not to say the car may have some evidence hidden in it, but dean would have seen it when repairing it after the crash im guessing. As for chuck, i dont think we have heard the last of him, though i doubt he is god either, i doubt theyll do something that obvious as ive heard others think he would be.

As for the family, yes very suspect, if they are real, they will all be killed off I reckon and as for sam he has a dark secret as always hence why he didnt talk about it...but im over that each person does the evil soul selling favour it was so recycled over and over with the dad, then dean, now sam come on new idea time!!

Did any one notice that there was a new kid playing deans son, or im presuming that is his son?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

do not think the kid is Deans son. Think it is more of a step son. He does love the woman, and hence the kid as a son then. I do think both can work in the series, I just hope they work it right.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

in the previous season wasnt the kid showing a lot of deans persona? im thinking it may have been left un explored for a reason

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Yes that is possible, just left it unexplained. It is obvious that they both know about his past, and what happened in the first episode. That is why I say they could all go hunting as a family if they wanted to work it that way. I doubt they will, but I do think they can at least protect there home and them selves from the evil.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The timing was right, and the kid did behave very similar to Dean at his birthday party.
Dean will need some progeny to pass on the family trade, so it would make sense to
make the boy his. It was most likely an intentional grey spot to pursue in later episodes.

On another note, Dean was 're-hymenated' when he was freed from hell, so I assume Sam got the same deal. lol

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
yeah the intentional grey areas are left very obvious IMO, but I doubt the family will go hunting together and be happy...cos otherwise it gives off a spin off feel which is just so tacky. However I doubt they are there just coincedently as you know in this show nothings coincedental

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

The family hunting together does seem like a spin off, but this whole season seems like a spin off right now. Like I said before deans family are characters that i think can work. I don't feel that way about the gang sam is running with right now, except for bobby of coarse.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I hope they have some twists, im guessing the 3rd cousins and skinner err i mean mitch pillegi wont last long, i just hope its not more winchester style family sacrifices, that just got old after 5 seasons of it. Also I dont want the family story to ruin every thing and create constant tension this season.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I hink the granddad and the cousins will be revealed to have some evil agenda early in the season. They will probably turn out to be the big bad guys in this season. Then Dean will be forced to choose between saving his brother from the cousins or staying with the "wife and kid" for lack of a better term. If the "wife & kid" don't get killed off early in the season, he will have them tagging along, feeling the guilt for dragging them and especially the kid into the life he was raised in.

I think that Sam may not have escaped from hell free & clear. Notice how lights flicker when he shows up. Maybe he brought back a little bit of the devil with him and Lucifer may still have some hold on him and may try to come back through him.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes good point,with the family its also is how the dad carried dean and sam around as kids so its similar to that.. and with the flickering, wasnt that part of the illusion as he was poisoned?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join