It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix was a movie...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

That is definitely one interpretation =) Very well said.

Although I think the Matrix, the movie, is based more on the eastern philosophy that the material world is secondary to a more primary world that inherently transcends all things physical. Thus the matrix would be "Maya", or the illusion of separateness. Although it's often said that nobody can remain permanently in such a state of enlightenment, so maybe that's where the whole "Neo is The One" concept comes in.

That is my take on it, anyways =) I haven't seen it in such a long time... It's fun to speculate on what these highly creative people actually had in mind when they crafted this film.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The concepts dramatized in the Matrix are more probable than you would imagine...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I see you're having trouble understandig stuff. That's ok. The world can be confusing at times.
This might help: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Since this thread appears to be somewhat ir-relevant, then I thought that I would join in on the comments.

Atlasastro has the coolest avatar here.
Fibonacci said it all in a very simple sequence of numbers.

It's almost like a matrix.

**To the OP***

What I am referencing by the Fibonacci Sequence and "like a matrix" are called matrices in math. Look it up. It might do you some good to delve into some research concerning the historical context of comments.

Cheers.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/26/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I would have expected better for the subject matter at hand.
Oh yeah, because a filmic adaptation of Baudrillard's Simulacra & Simulation would have been a really blockbuster at the box office…

No, the thing that worries me most about the influence of The Matrix on popular culture is that in a few hundred years people will be arguing that Jesus was a master of kung-fu. I mean, let's face it: the myth that Lucifer was God's favorite angel who fell and became Satan isn't in the Bible; it's in the fictions of Milton’s Paradise Lost and Dante’s Inferno written a thousand years after the Bible. The pulp fiction pop culture warped the interpretation of religious texts totally changing popular belief. I could totally see that happening again in regard to “The One”.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Many things have influence on popular culture but I really, really doubt that people in a few hundred years time will start to believe that Jesus was a kung-fu master! The bible has no mention of such a notion and will still be consulted as the primary religious text book for the the religion of christianity.

As I've mentioned above, check out my thread that I've linked with regards to the Brain in a vat theory and the possibility that the matrix could actually be true in one shape or form.

I haven't seen a reference between Jesus Christ and "the one" (meaning the character Neo from the Matrix) before and I highly doubt we ever will do...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The makers of Matrix are in the know and loop of what's happening to mankind. Their efforts to wake up the sheeps had not been in vain, as many billions are now asking questions once never asked for fear of being ridiculed.

The makers had been kind to show that machines are really benign artificial constructs, whom had let humankind be in peaceful bliss as they were being harvested and reaped. Unfortunately, the reality of what's happening had not been kind, as the financial crisis had proven.

Our masters and puppets were happy to keep mankind duped, But lies and deceptions had never, ever been able to be kept forever. Somehow it will collapse on itself, as it happened in the financial crisis, where many had their rug of security pulled out of their standing feet.

The Matrix movie and sequels were created before the financial crisis, when many had not been woken up yet. Today, the Matrix movies holds a more relevant message to humanity, to make sense of what is truly happening around us. If we mankind still fail to see the parallelism and wake up, as well as doing something to the legislatures, we will all...be...done...for.......as a species....

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I haven't seen a reference between Jesus Christ and "the one" (meaning the character Neo from the Matrix) before and I highly doubt we ever will do...
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This counts as a thread? ATS, I might have to consider taking my discussions elsewhere. Come on now mods, I know you make room for any and everyone out there, but you have to filter out threads like this...for both our and your sake.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not out there.

There's a lot of stuff out there mate, doesn't mean everyone is going to believe it and it doesn't mean that our future generation will accept it as the truth.

Plenty of people on here believe in reptilian's being in contol of the world, personally I find it an absurd idea but there you go...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yes it was a movie, but it was also made by humans. Meaning that philosophical ideas are contained in it intentionally by the creators of the movie. It is a blatant reference to the Allegory of the Cave. For someone to ignore the subtle information contained in the film as only being "to make money" is not considering the reality of the message.

Also, I took a summer class at my university where the link between the Matrix and Christianity was made. Mount Zion (the last City), Neo (Jesus), Nebuchadnezzar, etc.

edit on 26-9-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by P-M-H

OK answer this question, who am I?

Am I the laptop, or am I the person behind the laptop?

It's simple, you are the laptop and software is what you see, hardware is what you feel.
It's real, but to see it you need software as in "light" light ..soft lighter softer ? So you got things named like lite cigarets, soft drink and so on.

Hardware is what you bump in whith you eyes closed because it's there without you thinking it's there, it just is, it exists made out of solid energy, electromagnetic force, electrons, the light comes and gives it color"soft ware" "light weight" "lighter" soft how can I explain it, so it's more enjoyable. Hardware is the hand "as in talk to the hand" and light is a glove that comes over the hand to make it more intresting. This is the very notion of duality.

Software the father"the arhitect of the matrix" Hardware the darkness the mother of the matrix.
But there is no father and no mother just god, god is light and dark, alfa and omega. The begining and the end ?
Now this is just a concept, and each faction of duality has it's gifts.
Some people know this and take advantage, control, make up stuff and so on. The higher power is the dark side and the lower power is softer. First comes the hand then the glove. Just like the human body, dark on the inside light on the outside. The very notion of order out of chaos, it's them, they go around make stuff up, control people, prank humanity, over and over again. Something is about to happen, because the upper side had it with them and with their tricks. And it's time to pay up, it's payback time soon. They are very soft"in other words they don't care at all"

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

There's a lot of stuff out there mate, doesn't mean everyone is going to believe it and it doesn't mean that our future generation will accept it as the truth.

Plenty of people on here believe in reptilian's being in contol of the world, personally I find it an absurd idea but there you go...
And there are plenty of us who find it absurd to think, now in the 21st century when science has dispelled much superstition, that the Bible was the word of God, yet hundreds of millions still hold onto that belief, so I don't particularly have high hopes for our future generations.

I'm just saying that The Inferno and Paradise Lost both perpetuated myths of Hell, names of angels & demons, and numerous other things that were not in the Bible. They were works of fiction created as popular entertainment. Yet today, many Christians of various denominations accept those concepts as Biblical canon because they're part of the popular culture. And these are people who for the most part have not read those works of fiction. They're accepting this by osmosis almost. I'm not saying my prediction is a certainty, but I'm allowing for the possibility that in 200 years, when nobody's watching 20th century movies and the new forms of entertainment are things currently beyond our imagination, such an old concept as Neo being The One may still be part of the cultural zeitgeist, to the point that religions may incorporate aspects of it, and congregations may follow blindly based on faith.

edit on 2010.9.26 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
And there are plenty of us who find it absurd to think, now in the 21st century when science has dispelled much superstition, that the Bible was the word of God, yet hundreds of millions still hold onto that belief, so I don't particularly have high hopes for our future generations.

I'm just saying that The Inferno and Paradise Lost both perpetuated myths of Hell, names of angels & demons, and numerous other things that were not in the Bible. They were works of fiction created as popular entertainment. Yet today, many Christians of various denominations accept those concepts as Biblical canon because they're part of the popular culture. And these are people who for the most part have not read those works of fiction. They're accepting this by osmosis almost. I'm not saying my prediction is a certainty, but I'm allowing for the possibility that in 200 years, when nobody's watching 20th century movies and the new forms of entertainment are things currently beyond our imagination, such an old concept as Neo being The One may still be part of the cultural zeitgeist, to the point that religions may incorporate aspects of it, and congregations may follow blindly based on faith.

I do see your point, what your basically stating is that in the future our current media could potentially be viewed in a similiar light as to what the bible is viewed as by Christian's today.

Personally, I highly doubt it, as people who choose to believe the bible and religion do so not because there is any scientific basis but because they choose to accept religion as being real.

Religion in my opinion has two purposes; 1.) a method of control used on mass & 2.) a comfort blanket...

I believe in a God or a single creator although I don't believe in Christianity as a whole.

I'd suggest that in the future people wouldn't be that gullible as to believe that older forms of media are prophetic publications but the same could be said about the bible and it's interpretation in today's society....

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yes it's my own beilif also, I beilive in the creator, not in religion, tho religios elements have some truth in them.
The rest is twisted "like our DNA" for control. I don't blame people, it's not their fault, you can't blame the innocent when you control them. You hate creation then screw you. These people are your kings, your rulers, the people that make up the sharade. They don't show it to you, because if you knew there is no more control. To me it's fact, don't toch what was created. Soon they are going to tell you it's wrong to look at the sky, who knows what is next.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Yeah exactly, as far as I'm concerned the human body, Earth and all it's forces are too perfect to have fallen into place from some cosmic reaction such as the Big Bang. The golden proportion, Fibonacci sequence etc are just examples and in my opinion they are examples of an engineered system; maybe God is our creator or maybe the forces of nature i.e. Gravity actually exist in the terms we have defined them and they could be what we call "God"

I'm not too sure about heaven and hell in the conventional sense but I believe the human soul does in fact go somewhere after death and I believe that life does, in one way or another, carry on. With that in mind it's not so unreasonable to speculate that there is a place for good people and a different place for bad people after death...

Although, I could now sit here and debate all night about what's genuinely good or bad, I've done bad things but with good intentions, who is the ultimate decision maker on whether my actions are classed are positive or negative???

Anyways, I've not read the majority of this thread but the last couple of posts have been interesting and good debate

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would like to add that when people reference media for their ideas, it shouldn't be automatically discredited. People seem to love doing that. "Intelligent "movies/TV shows take talent to make and are just as much an art form as music, stage plays, etc. All these things take deep metaphysical thinking to express when done properly.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Personally, I highly doubt it, as people who choose to believe the bible and religion do so not because there is any scientific basis but because they choose to accept religion as being real.

Christianity has old testament and new testament, wow two sides, one side is dark and one is ligher ?

Just to show you, tho I don't blame christians, it's special to them, they live of on that.

Religion in my opinion has two purposes; 1.) a method of control used on mass & 2.) a comfort blanket...

It has becomed a control mechanism, it's more than a blanket, it's the vail, the glove.
I have nothing against bliss but you got to see your self, bliss is not it and screaming like a moster is not it also, just that some have oversteped their atributes and duties and have gone too far. They thought the right hand solves it all.

I believe in a God or a single creator although I don't believe in Christianity as a whole.

I belive Jesus was around, but since then things have gone twisted and the truth covered in the vail of lies.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Things are, shapes, forms. Etheral beings, things that you canot see. It's dark so you get scared because you are used to the light, if you lived in the dark all your life you would get scared of the light. The unknown is scary, and as they say dark times were aroud, and people in the dark would say and light times were around. Maybe what is in the dark should remain in the dark, what is the point in knowing it all. Everything would be pointless, the problem is of this sort. People show you cool tricks and convince you it's like that, because "you don't know" how could you. It's your innocence. But the very people that do this, they don;t know it, just know something riped off. They don't know what they are doing, better get tricked than mess with stuff that you have no idea what you are doing. It's going to backfire sooner or later on you. Science is just one way of explaining it, beyond that lies the undiscovered, the mistery from the tree. It's there looking down no matter how big the universe is. It can see.

I am convinced in my faith, no one can take that away from me. "Some people get enligten" and think they know it all but they don't. How much light can you eat before you notice the wave in front of you.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Spot on.

It's an allegory. The only thing bothered me a bit (or rather, made me chuckle) was the kung-fu all over the film. But, on the other hand, that's what made it "cool" to some people. I have to admit that the music selection kicked some serious arse, I mean, I owned probably every single one those albums before the movie came out, so it was quite unreal

I love how it mixed that paranoia-style 50's agent stuff (hard to explain) with something so modern those days. There's been several virtual reality flicks in the past, most of them have been pretty bad. The movie itself was incredibly well crafted, brought something new to the table.

Future cult classic for sure. Dark City had some of the same vibe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join