It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix was a movie...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Get over it, seriously...
It was only a movie made to entertain and get your money.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

it resonates with people because it is a fine allegory ,about the present condition in which humanity finds itself. I love the Matrix ,and I know it's movie

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

it resonates with people because it is a fine allegory ,about the present condition in which humanity finds itself. I love the Matrix ,and I know it's movie

I loved it too, but people need to

*AHEM*

WAKE UP!
It just sounds ridiculous when you are having an intelligible debate about the media and then someone mentions "red pill" and "blue pill" and how these people are "plugged into the matrix".

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I saw it once, that was enough.
Couldn't wait until it was over when I saw it.

Severely over rated in my opinion.

Seriously, the movie sucked.
It was way too hollywood to maybe attempt to explain time and space, the movie also seemed to all over the place, I found it hard to follow, and oh yeah, I found it boring, yes, a yawner.
I would have expected better for the subject matter at hand.

I just had to say that because some people ask if I've seen the Matrix, I answer with an unenthusiastic 'yeah'

Sorry Matrix fans, I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I saw it once, that was enough.
Couldn't wait until it was over when I saw it.

Severely over rated in my opinion.

Seriously, the movie sucked.
It was way too hollywood to maybe attempt to explain time and space, the movie also seemed to all over the place, I found it hard to follow, and oh yeah, I found it boring, yes, a yawner.
I would have expected better for the subject matter at hand.

I just had to say that because some people ask if I've seen the Matrix, I answer with an unenthusiastic 'yeah'

Sorry Matrix fans, I don't get it.

hahaha you don't have to well accept you anyway ,love your reverse Kitler by the way!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

You only think the Matrix was a movie because, the Matrix wants you to think that.

Seriously, you need to unplug.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It was a movie and it's a game and it was a movie that refects something and it is not a game.
it's not about a movie, but movies that have the same subject pictured in different directions.
It's always the robot the android and the beast.
3 factions.

It's the same story from the garden of eden with the snake biting and stating here eat and find the truth, the red apple.
It's the same story with this movie but people are too blind to see it, it's the red pill ? Neo takes the red pill and gives into the illusion, neo is god's son, and he go's against god's wishes for the red zionists to once again have the freedom to pluge this earth in blood.

Neo is dumb, he takes the blame for them to keep on dancing, you know that saying, what a good boy, stupid little boy, wanted to command the enterprise of snakes. They have fun at his expence, on the expence of the dumb people.

Yes zion is once again saved so more wars can take place, more killing. If I were neo I would take a basseball bat and crush morpheus head on spot. Pull out that suckers theet out.
I mean how stupid are people anyway, and why don't they notice it.
Same sotry with jesus really, jesus got tricked. Once you give in it's hard to pull back, it's like a dream, like a drug, it pulls you in, you have to have power, will to pull back. Once you do you put it on them, and state let god sort them out.

Soon you are going to find out that it's not just a game.
Humanity is long gone. If I were neo I can't wait for it to come and crush them, and say come on dad bring it on, the bitch is back and she is sent by god to take care of them. The bitch does not feel, she is mean and with good reason, what has been done needs to be undone. If people are not responsible to notice it and don't care then it's the end.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
THE MATRIX WAS A MOVIE? OH GOD I'M GONNA BE IN SOME REAL TROUBLE!

No seriously...........whats the point to this thread?

Peace.
ALS

@pepsi78

What your talking about is a story premise/template called "The hero's journey". The matrix does not use religious scripture in its story, its just that the story of Jesus and such is written using "The hero's journey" so it seems that way, its the same with star wars.

edit on 25-9-2010 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The Matrix may well be the most overrated movie in history.
Bad acting (Keanue Reeves was never a good actor), a story compromissed of lots of other movies with big plot holes and special effects that weren't even that revolutionary (Hard Boiled did most of the stunts years earlier)

Oh and if you think the story is so revolutionary, then PLEASE watch "Welt am Draht" (World in Wires) from Rainer Werner Fassbinder. It's basically the same plot as Matrix, a bit more sophisticated and made in the 1970s, years before most people ever used a Computer or knew about the Internet

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Sure, but it is based upon an interesting philosophical question posited by Nozick, with his "Experience Machine" (Anarchy, State, and Utopia, Basic Books, 1974 pp. 42-45.)

Suppose there were an experience machine that would give you any experience you desired. Superduper neuropsychologists could stimulate your brain so that you would think and feel you were writing a great novel, or making a friend, or reading an interesting book. All the time you would be floating in a tank, with electrodes attached to your brain. Should you plug into this machine for life, preprogramming your life’s experiences?

It's worth a look.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Matrix is an updated allegory based loosely on a story that's been around for at least 2400 years, and probably longer than that.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Dude it's a movie made by the elite, they own the movie industry. Then they can start a war they hoped with the meditation force and the matrix force. And the pupet master is red because it's the same guy manipulating them.
It's how war starts really, WW2 was made by them, they funded bolth sides.

Here is a good example, the red pill.

Of course it's not a pill, it's dna mod, genetic manipulation, opening up your glands, then you state, I rather be deluded with the truth than sane with reallity

Have you not notice it ? it's the new age doctrine, meditate to open up your charcas, get enlighten and give your self to us. Manipulation at it's finest, so then they can take cover on tv and state, god bless america "for we are cursed"
so why not curse others.

edit on 25-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Indeed... It was a movie.. Now that that is all cleared up... What is the point of this thread?.. If you are referring to the "matrix" that is mentioned in certain "truth" settings I think you are highly mistaken, that "matrix" that is most commonly referred to is metaphoric. A "control grid" of politics, taxes and the like that keep the people of the world under control... Contrary to popular belief the word matrix came along long before the movie did.

Any who that's my two cents.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Totally agree. The movie was great, but damn. I'm SO sick of Matrix references freaking EVERYWHERE

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I agree that it is kind of late in the game to be bitching about the Matrix. Didn't it come out 10 years ago?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The Matrix was more than a movie.

Its theme may had been repeated throughout civilisation, reminding the masses of social engineerings by the elites who sought to control mankind for their purposes, but still, the message had not been successfully brought across through the years.

Many still prefer the blue pill, never to wake up, to remain docile and be engineered for slavery.

Until that flix came along, with slick cinematography, marketing, hype, actions, etc that appealed to the masses. Humanity's minds finally gained ILLUMINATIon that the 16th century Age of Enlightenment forefathers had tried so hard to warn us future generations about, to seek for and to take the red pill instead, to wake up and not become slaves.

Those who don't get it, will do so in time, when their rug is finally pulled out of their standing feet, just as the many now are living in huge debts and in tents fell, and may it not be too late...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Many still prefer the blue pill, never to wake up, to remain docile and be engineered for slavery.

Blue pill will take you to the machine word as they say it, to the real spirit realm, it's your very own essence and it go's there once you are gone.

Red pill is the iron forge for shaping things, by taking the red pill you get indoctrinated, you clear your brain then get indoctrinated. The empty mind, brain washing, you lose all that you have accumulated, expiriance gained by hard work, it opens up your self to throw it all away, as a saying you become hollow, empty minded.
Once that happens they can begin to program you, get control of you.

Why don't you do a little research, blue is the color of truth.
It comes to you if you wish it, if you really search for the truth it will come to you without enlightment.
Enlightment is giving your self up, opening up, it is the red pill. By doing that you become weak.
Humans recive it in the dark once they are worty, it pics, you deserve it you are given everything without opening up. It's a gift. It requiers faith in the supreme.

Enlightment is for them, for the greedy, to rip of the benefits without permission and it's not even the whole truth, just benefits of lower things that be.

edit on 25-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Are you really this stupid? Just a movie?

If you haven't already known, The Wachowski Brothers (writers and directors of the Matrix Trilogy) have been huge fans of Eastern Philosophy, Nonduality, Spirituality, and Japanimation.

This movie incorporates many of the ideas of Buddhism, Christianity, Nonduality, Advaita VEdanta, etc.

Try using google and doing some research on the brothers as well as checking out some of their interviews.

It really makes one sick and tired of people with out any background research who try to argue that its just a movie and thats it. The Matrix/Illusion idea is the Basis of some of the World's largest religions and is what inspired the movie in the first place.

PLEASE PLEASE, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH, before posting threads like this.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I find it interesting that Keanu Reeves starred in Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure, Bogus Journey, and The Matrix. I see a strong connection between the themes of all three of these films. Sure, maybe they all suck, but all three of these themes sort of resonate within the hearts of mankind (or at least Americans), in a way. I wonder: did he choose these films or did they choose him?

edit on 25-9-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

What's the difference when someone uses a Shakespeare reference in a debate versus a Matrix reference? Despite one bing a contemporary movie and the other a old play about tragedy, both are stories that are built using classical mythological frameworks.

When someone suggests you should take the blue pill or the red pill, you know what they mean. If they are literally suggesting those pills actually exist, then YES, those people don't "get" the metaphor in the story. But then again, those same people probably believe Medusa was a real person who turned people to stone.

Any who...no use in losing sleep over it.

edit on 25-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join