It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let them eat cake! The coming of the Second American Revolution...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The poor do not rebel, poor people never rebel so far as I know and neither do the rich. It's that wily middle class that must get fed up enough to start a fight. And I think we are far off from that happening, our lives are still far too comfortable.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

reply to post by MAC269

If you do not have a roof over your head, you are poor. If you cannot keep food on the table without the assistance of a charitable food back, you are poor. If you cannot afford the medical care and medications it takes to keep you alive, you are poor. If you have to decide which bills will get paid and which ones don't each month you are poor. If you have to stand in line at a soup kitchen everyday for the only meal you will eat that day, you are poor. 43.6 million people in the United States fall into that category. One out of every seven people who live in the 'richest country in the world'.

Apparently, neither of you live in the United States and just want to get in some 'America bashing' by pointing out that there are people in the world who are much poorer. Point taken. There are people in the third world who live in abject poverty and squalor. There are people who have it far worse with far less hope to ever emerge from their poverty.

But that is NOT what this thread is about. This thread is about those in the United States who live below the established poverty level, how the rest of American society treats them, and the distinct possibility that someday soon, if the political, economic and social situation does not change, they will rise up and revolt against the Government of the United States. Now do either of you have a comment on that? If not, please move along...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Perhaps you just glanced over the references in the OP to the French and Russian Revolutions. It was the poor who overthrew both of those governments. And we are rapidly approaching simular conditions now.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Dear JaxonRoberts

From JaxonRoberts “One out of every seven people who live in the 'richest country in the world'”

Now let’s hope that if I comment on your statement it will be consider on topic.

The USA may have once been rich but not to day have you seen the value of the dollar against even what you would consider a third world currency. This indeed could be because your 1% who hold it all have it all.

As someone else said the real poor do not revolt the middle class do. But in the USA they are too busy going to the shopping mall or watching the game.

All put there by the 1% to distract you. Revolution no chance not in the US of A.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well said my friend! I have been expecting this for a while now so it is only a matter of time. We will get our cake, and oh will it feel so good.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If there were another American revolution I truly doubt it would be a mass movement of the poor. Why? How would they revolt and with what? Few own cars or firearms. Many are old, disabled or sick while another good portion consists of single parent households with children. Maybe they could just stop paying taxes?

I think the point is self-evident. These are the people who can't even care for themselves and their children, they have neither the ability, knowledge or will to lead or even participate in any kind of violent uprising.

It's my belief that a revolution could only come from one of two places - the Conservative movement or from the military (which would be a coup and not a revolution technically).

The Tea party is the only possible core for such a movement IMO. If they are disenfranchised in significant enough numbers then you might hear shooting in the streets, but not until.

We are a long way off from such a thing occurring at present. That's not to say things could not change overnight if say the dollar crashed or widespread corruption were exposed on Capitol hill or if 9/11 were exposed for the inside job I believe it was.

If any of those things were to happen would a revolution be for the benefit of the PTB?

Comparisons with the French revolution or the American are not applicable today. Back then muskets were the deadliest weapon available with a range of less than a hundred yards. IF Louis had LRAD , tasers, clusterbombs and tanks I highly doubt the Sans Cullotte would have even made it out of Paris.

edit on 23-9-2010 by Asktheanimals because: added commentary

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For those who are saying that x people in a y country live on z dollars a day. Specify their tax payments electricty, phone, water and utility costs.

If they are self sufficient rural farmers who only sell the surplus produce & livestock for extra spending money for what they consider luxuries tell us.
Do you consider the Amish poor? They don't have electricity, plumbing, cars, tractors, bank accounts or even social security numbers and yet they seem happier and have more free time than most of the citified 'rich'.

Let's consider the definition of 'poor' to be in unwillingly entrapped in a situation where you and your family are being driven to work longer and harder a to pay taxes that benefit everyone else, have to eat cheap, imitation, food, will never pay off your house, worry about utility bills, are too exahusted to notice let alone appreciate your neighbors.

POOR is being enslaved in a despirate system planned by the elite for centuries in which you cannot escape.

POOR is being trapped in the rat race.

BTW The poverty line factors in the cost of food as 1/3 the yearly income. Wonder why food is cheaper & cheaper? Food is 1/5 the average yearly income yet the poverty line is still based with the assumption that food is still the same percent of a family bugdet as it was in 1960. (From a book on the working poor called The Forgotton Americans- just lent it out don't ask more specifics)

edit on 23-9-2010 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Poor people can use the internet by going to the library. Poor people have friends that are not poor and lend their cars or give rides to the poor people. There are also poor people who make 2 or 3 dollars over the poverty limit. Two or three dollars extra certainly won't pay for healthcare or medical bills or medicine etc.

Where I live the manufacturing companies were once booming, now they are housing complexes or empty buildings. Most of our jobs are outsourced to other countries or given to illegals so employers can pay lower wages. Many factories have cut down their work days or hours or the number of employees.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we have some kind of revolution.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My friends,

The people in the United States ARE poor and they do need a revolution.

Who is more poor, the Man who lives in a small tribe in Africa, which owns not an X-Box, lives in a one room shack with his family of 8, eating rice, and drinking dirty water or the Man in America who has an X-Box, struggles to make a mortgage payment on his house for his family of 3, fights to keep his clean water turned on, while he eats three meals a day?

The difference in these two scenarios is that the Man in Africa does not see himself as poor. He has a love of his family. His house is open for his wife his kids and his sisters and brothers and thier wife and kids. Thier entertainment is songs of joy. Their wealth is richness in spirit.

The American Man has fallen in love with his possessions. He loses them and has lost his love. He wanders aimlessly. He starves to be whole again. He contemplates rebelling against the system to get back what he lost. If he realised what he lost, he would give what he still had, back to his masters.

America is not unique in this poverty. As a species, Man has forgotten his sacred obligation to each other. To help each rise, to heal each other, to feed each other. We allow ourselves to be divided, one against the other. We worship false idols such as money, gold, possessions, status, and forsake the true divine gifts right before our eyes, each other. If the American Man wanted to revolt against his captors, he would open his eyes to these truths. He would give back all this corrupt system lead him astray with. He would stand side by side with his fellow man and declare his freedom from oppression. He would help his fellow man rise and be counted. He would cast aside such thoughts as borders, status, race, religion, nationality, and open his eyes to the great family before him. The Human family, created by God with one Godly Law, love each other.

If you want to revolt, make this one count. Let it be the last revolution. Let it be the revolution of Man against tyranny. No man has a right to impose his will on another, nor steal from another this great world given us by God for ALL mankind.

If you have opened your eyes. please read my Plan at the bottom of this post.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 23-9-2010 by IAMIAM because: Because I can

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If there were another American revolution I truly doubt it would be a mass movement of the poor. Why? How would they revolt and with what? Few own cars or firearms.

Then why don't you go walking through the nearest ghetto in the middle of the night and see how unarmed the poor really are... See how 'safe' you feel... While you are at it, why don't you go ask what kind of neighborhoods have the most violent crime, poor neighborhoods, or afluent neighborhoods? I think you need to pull your head out of the sand, my friend! The 'Tea Baggers' are all talk, but when the poor have finally had enough...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

if you do not have a roof over your head there are shelters
if you do not have food on your plate there are churchs that many many can go to
if they do not have medications and medical care there are free clinics and noone is turned aways at any hospital for care.

really know how many people do you know that are poor? down trodden? how exactly have you helped anyone of the people out?

your answers are the root cause of why there are poor and why there will always be poor

your solutions dont work they have work and will never work

you answers is just giving the cash, a meal give give give and never to anything to empower those individuals to get out of where they are at.

theres an old saying" give a man a fish youve fed him for a day, teach a man how to fish youve fed him for a lifetime."

reflect on that saying and comprehend its actual meaning.

making assumptions about any poster on this site is not a swift move by any means for hte simple fact I AM and american and my family has been in american for over 250 years SO friend i am uniquely american.

as to my initial comment it was on top its just something you dont want to hear. and only liberals tell people to shut and and get lost but then agian since I AM an american i have the right to speak my mind just as you do.

its freedom of speech deal with it.

i ask agian just what exactly have you dont for anyone have you gave them a job? have you taught them a skill to where they can do for themselves? hmmm?

by all means continue with your pity party and do not address the rampant corruption and abuse of the social program systems . by all means dont consider that 90 % on those programs should not even be there and this speaks to the root cause of it all there isnt enough money around and those people who abuse it take the funds away from helping the people who really need it.

i expect this from the bleeding hearts you and you alone created the problems so you can cry about it.

edit on 23-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
S&F

Great post Jaxxy!

Now...Does this mean I have to:

a. buy a cake

b. buy a gun

c. hoard food

d. ready my attack birds

e. purchase new camouflage outfits

f. plan a trip to Europe

g. all of the above

I am in such a quandary about all of this.

edit on 23-9-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was recently at a Sunday NFL Football watching gathering with some peers and started talking of the current diminishing middle class situation. Here is a statement from one of the people I was talking with.

"All I want is, to go to work, come home, get drunk, and have sex". "If I have a bit of extra money, I'll buy a sailboat". (he just bought a used 24'x6' sailboat last week so he was making a joke of it.)

This man I'm speaking of lives in a small apartment with a 2 year old, and his wife. He is quite intelligent, but has become so apethetic towards society his only excitement and sense of purpose comes from getting wasted and getting laid.

I was quite sad, because I believe this is exactly how the current norms have indoctrinated us in the USA.

History has a tendency of repeating itself, that is undeniable.... Good post Jaxon!

edit on 23-9-2010 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ahhhh.... if only the second American Revolution wasn't going to be a subversive Right-wing propagandized movement based on fear and hate.

I think the Right-wing are through with the two party system. They want total control and will devise a revolution using Republican figures to take on the role of a new Party to lead it.

edit on 23-9-2010 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Jaxon,

Totally agree with your break out of the economic status in the US. Furthermore I agree we need a revolution in order to balance the scales. And yes we (meaning ATS members) could be discounted from the extreme poor, as we are literate (for the most part) and have computers with internet access. However considering most of us are still in the lower economic class, but have the power to be informed, I believe it is up to us to organize and fight for those who can't.

I am new to this community and feel the very existence of this site is a positive thing. My question to you is, when do you think the tipping point will be, when we all leave our computers and hit the streets? What major events do you think will happen in order to catalyze the revolution? When will apathy die, and people resurge to take back our country?

I am asking this intellectually and because I relate to this thread.

Thank you keep it up!

-J. douglas

"You cannot be free if you are contained with in a fiction" -Julian Beck

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

If thats the case then apparently the rest of the world doesnt know the meaning of WORK.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Sorry our forefathers werent as lazy and cowardly as yours.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ya'll do realize that internal revolutions (as opposed to wars of secession like the American revolution) always end up with a period of genocidal dictatorship? Eventually the insanity lets up but first a lot more heads will roll than just those of TPTB.

Let the heads roll, just pray it won't be one of yours.

As for me, I'd rather see some States secede. Preferably some with nuke silos.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
S&F

Great post Jaxxy!

Now...Does this mean I have to:

a. buy a cake

b. buy a gun

c. hoard food

d. ready my attack birds

e. purchase new camouflage outfits

f. plan a trip to Europe

g. all of the above

I am in such a quandary about all of this.

edit on 23-9-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

When all else fails

Buy a Uniform!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Actually, marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat Cake". That is a myth. Queen Marie Therese said "S'il ait aucoin pain, donnez-leur la crote au loin du pate" or "If they do not have bread, let them eat the crust of pate" Even if Marie Antoinette did say "Quil'ls mangent de la brioche" or "Let them eat cake" it would be a political remark of kindness as brioche which was a cake closer to original bread was more expensive then the cheaper breads.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join