It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let them eat cake! The coming of the Second American Revolution...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
One of the constants in the history of the world is that when a population gets significantly out of balance economically, and those at the top show apathy or malice towards those at the bottom, the system of government is overtaken by those at the bottom.

When Marie Antionette was asked about what to do about the poor who were starving, she said, "Let them eat cake!". Soon after, she was relieved of her head during the French Revolution. When the economic and social problems of the Russian Peasants were not addressed by the Russian Monarchy in 1917, the Russian Revolution brought to an end the reign of the Czars and the family line as well. This theme has occurred over and over again throught human history, and the result is always the same. Those that have not topple the governments that will not help them, and those that have lose their fortunes, and often their very lives.

Well, in 2009, 1 out of every 7 Americans, or 43.6 million people in the richest nation on Earth were living in poverty. (source) Meanwhile, the richest 1% of the population possess more wealth than the combined wealth of the bottom 90%! (source) Want to guess which group controls the media? (hint- Fox News is NOT owned by the poor!)

Now add to that the message that is being sent to the poor of this country. The Conservatives, who are known to be the stalwart guardians of the rich and powerful, are all up in arms about the possibilty that the President will discontinue the Bush era tax cuts for the wealthy. They tout that somehow raising the taxes of those who make more than a quarter of a million dollars a year by 3% will somehow cause these rich fat cats to cut even more jobs.

Also, lets look at how the laws and programs that were put into place after The Great Depression have been cut away or done away with completely. We all saw the results of the deregulation of the banking industry started by Ronald Reagan in the eighties. It was called T.A.R.P.

In many states now, if you have no job, and you are not eligible for unemployment, you cannot turn to the government for any help. The Social Service Programs that used to be in place to care for those in need are either stripped down so small that they are ineffective, or they are gone altogether. There are an estimated 2.3 to 3.5 MILLION homeless people in the United States, the supposed richest country in the world. And these people are eligible for ZERO government assistance.

Even though it would greatly benefit society to get all of our citizens above the poverty level, since socio economic status seems to be directly related to crime statistics, in this society, the rich keep getting richer, and the poor just keep getting poorer.

It seems that we are stuck in a downward spiral, and it's only a matter of time before the poorest among us have had enough, and the Second American Revolution is at hand. Only this time it won't be about ideals and freedoms, it will be about survival and dignity. If the rich are lucky, they will only loose their wealth...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is awesome.

I for one say: Let the heads roll!!

In all seriousness tho, its only a matter of time - there is only so long you can go against the natural grain of things before something realigns the situation.

My only fear of this Second American Revolution is: the void that will be created, and the motivations and understandings of those who will be the vanguard of this Revolution, and the way in which those people will fill that void. For example: I personally don't think the infamous "Right Wing Militias" or "Constituionalists" are the right people to lead the revolution, as they often only see a part of the problem.

edit on 23/9/10 by ghostsoldier because: Extrapolation

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Dear JaxonRoberts

It would seam that the really poor in the USA are literate, have a computer and an internet connection???????

The point being, define POOR?????

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

So by your logic, the poor should be illterate and have no access to the internet...?

Though I do see a point in there, and that is that the poor need to realise they are poor. The way in which culture has been constructed or sculpted to blur the class lines, is a major weapon used against the citizenry of the world.

edit on 23/9/10 by ghostsoldier because: Add a point

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear JaxonRoberts

It would seam that the really poor in the USA are literate, have a computer and an internet connection???????

The point being, define POOR?????

Why would you say this? Are you infering that becuase I am advocating for the poor that I must be one of them? How very narrowminded of you...

And had you bothered to check the links provided, you would have your definition of poor in this context...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Dear JaxonRoberts

Ok on it looks to me like your first relevant link.

“One in seven Americans was living in poverty in 2009 with a family of four living on less than $21,954 a year, according to the US Census Bureau.”

You can not be serious $21,954 a year these people are comparative millionaires.

This being the case people in the US of A do not know the meaning of POOR.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Dear ghostsoldier

I am not saying that the poor should not have access to the internet far from it.
I am say that even in your video the woman how can not make ends meet is picking up the free groceries is doing so IN A CAR.
POOR is living on less that a Dollar a day. Not driving to work in a CAR.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
reply to post by MAC269

Of course, its a travesty, I conceed your point - you may find this useful: www.globalrichlist.com (I am in the top 6%)

But we are talking relative to the circumstances allowing for a Second American Revolution.

link   
reply to post by MAC269

The definition of poverty is in direct proportion to the cost of living within the society. In the US, the cost of living is much higher that in nondeveloped nations. If you only had $30 a month to live on here in the states, you would be dead before the month was up without any assistance.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

This thread is about the poor in the US. It is not a thread about what the definition of poor is in relation to others in the world. It is also, and primarily, about how the poor in the US are treated by the rest of the populace. If you cannot stay on topic, please move along and go troll another thread. Thank you...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Dear JaxonRoberts
The woman is picking up free groceries in her CAR
Get real people of the USA you do not know the meaning of POOR

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Post On Topic or do not post..

Warnings are next...

Thank you

Semper

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear JaxonRoberts

Ok on it looks to me like your first relevant link.

“One in seven Americans was living in poverty in 2009 with a family of four living on less than $21,954 a year, according to the US Census Bureau.”

You can not be serious $21,954 a year these people are comparative millionaires.

This being the case people in the US of A do not know the meaning of POOR.

Perhaps compared to third world nations, however this isn't about those places, this is about United States of America, and the decline of the American Lifestyle due to TPTB destroying our economy.

Now if you want to talk about how the USA is filthy rich compared to total squalor parts of the world that's a thread of its own.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

you people are going to hate me for this post but its the truth.

yes poor people do need to realize they are poor and if you do have a computer and you do have internet and you do have a home and you do have a car you are not NOT as poor as you think there are people who do not have those things for that fact they do not even have running water or electricity.

the majority of americans do DO HAVE the wrong defintion of what poor means i swear i know for a fact that someone will call themselves poor and go out and buy a 4000 dollar tv and xbox or ps3.

the biggest problem with americans of today is that they are financial morons and actually do need to make better descisions concerning their money.

the definition of what poor means in america is the fact they cant go out and buy every single little thing their heart desires they buy what they want not what they need.

the next issue is their anger is misplaced and misplaced in a big way and if you people are not making the money you want getting the loans you want its a simple fact the us federal government elite are responsibile.

every single they have done with their interference through taxation through regulation and through unionization and the fact you savings accounts your cds your money markets, your mutals funds all dont pay squat but then agian the majority of american have no concept of what it means to save or invest and a certain group of people in this country never want you to find out. for the simple fact if you did find out you will never never need them.

its not the people the majority of posters in this thread think of they are constantly being vilified nonstop but then agian i think you people need to bring yourselves to finally accept the fact is you need them. they are the one who pay you, who loan you money who gives you credit cards and make all those things you just cant live without.

nay americans wake up and see past the ignorance and start empowering your own self to take your own destinies into your own two hands.

if you people do that my friends the life you make yourself will always be better than any enslavemnt the us federal government will ever give you.

edit on 23-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Dear JaxonRoberts

From JaxonRoberts “This thread is about the poor in the US. It is not a thread about what the definition of poor is in relation to others in the world.”

My dear chap this is on topic and my whole point is there are no real POOR in the USA.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dear neo96

Thank you for that well said, or I put it people of the USA need to get real.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join