It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1977 - the year THEY made contact??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have noticed there wwere come vague previous topics in regard to this issue. However i think it needs to be revisted.
Does anyone remember the events in Nov 1977. A BBC transmitter taken over by '' pirates'' an almost 6 minute audio transmission that amazes me to this day.
REF:
en.wikipedia.org...

Direct vid link to audio:
www.youtube.com...

It is worth 6 minutes of your life, and i beleive truly amazing! People claim this as a hoax but remember this is 1977 and to quote BBC tech's - they stated that to carry out the hoax would take

"a considerable amount of technical know-how"

'' The broadcast also became a footnote in ufology as some chose to accept the supposed 'alien' broadcast at face value, questioning the explanation of a transmitter hijack. Within two days of the report of the incident in the Times, a letter to the editor published on November 30, 1977 asked "[How] can the IBA - or anyone else - be sure that the broadcast was a hoax?".[12] An editorial in America's Eugene Register-Guard commented "Nobody seemed to consider that 'Asteron' may have been for real".[13] By as late as 1985, the story had entered urban folklore, with suggestions that there had never been any explanation of the broadcast.[14]

edit on 22-9-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if i recall correctly i´ve heard of this case before.
very intriging, just wanted to point out your vid doesn´t work.

edit on 22-9-2010 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Never seen this before.

I think many here will be quick to discount this as a Hoax. It very well might be.

Then again it might not be. English is (and was then) the most spoken globally as a 1st or 2nd language.

For a super intelligent race it wouldn't be hard to learn.

Our broadcasting system would really be ideal for contact even then.

It is no doubt technology they would have discovered long ago so they would know how to manipulate and even hijack it.

I really don't know, but I will not be so quick to dismiss this.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
oh god...not another Vrillion post.

the horse is beaten...dead...its mush now.
read one of the 4000 other threads on this subject matter...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think this was debunked...I'm pretty sure

2nd

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I wish the aliens would come and take me away or take the jerks away drop them off on jupiter and come back and chill with us good people.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This was a hoax. I'd love to have experienced it. Imagine watching TV and the airwaves get hijacked with an ET message? Great fun.

On Saturday 26 November 1977 at around 5.10 pm, broadcasts from this transmitter were hi-jacked by unknown agents who blocked the UHF audio signal of transmissions from the then local ITV station Southern Television and broadcast their own audio message purporting to be from Vrillon, an alien from an institution calling itself the Ashtar Galactic Command. The message, transmitted over an ITN News bulletin and a subsequent Merrie Melodies cartoon, lasted six minutes.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ashtar Command was invented by George Van Tassel. You can download one of his books...The Council of Seven Lights. If you google "Greg Bishop Van Tassel Giant Rock" you should get an insight into the story.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Kandinsky because: details and links

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I think this was debunked also....but the thread title must have been odd...search sucks...

Found one...older thread...but not the one I'm after....if I remember right...it was a ham radio CB type broadcast hi jacking...and very localized....to a very small area...

anyways ole thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-9-2010 by Doc Holiday because: I spwells bad

edit on 22-9-2010 by Doc Holiday because: edit did not work 1st time

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
An obvious stunt, probably something to do with "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", which was released the same week.

Seriously, an alien using a voice changer that sounds exactly like one you can buy in the kids section of your local supermarket...?

edit on 22-9-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why would aliens from another star system speak of things such as the "Age of Aquarius"?????? Plus why would they have only pirated one TV signal in only one Country????

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Seriously, an alien using a voice changer that sounds exactly like one you can buy in the kids section of your local supermarket...?

Isn' it obvious......the alien was part of the witness protection program, didn't want his real voice to be used.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
GUys please play nice and dont crush too many dreams

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That said, this was pretty thoroughly debunked. (i.e. admitted hoax).

Of course, this and other admitted hoaxes still have their supporters. After all, they say, the hoaxer could be lying, he's already untrustworthy, isn't he? The big kicker of course, is that if it were a genuine signal from an ET source, it seems odd it would be confined to such a small area (i.e. like pirating a signal from the ground was then and there).

Note of course, the threats did not come to pass.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
People claim this as a hoax but remember this is 1977 and to quote BBC tech's - they stated that to carry out the hoax would take

"a considerable amount of technical know-how"

Yes, obviously humans would not possess the know-how to broadcast a signal or intrude on another...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Havick007.....

That hoax has been discussed in great detail, on myriad occasions on ATS.

Here are some examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and......

If you do an ATS search, you will find stacks more.

I tried to post the search link for you, but as you can see I am having trouble with the "rename link" function.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 22-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Retardation?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well i saw it when it went out from a flat in Clapham. How it was done has never been proved. Hoax? Hmmmmmm, well i think we can discount aliens but this was no student -prank or publicity stunt.

Firstly the power required to Broadcast over such a huge area is pretty huge

Secondly The transmitting stations and transmuting technical staff had no clue their signal had been cut into and over ridden until they started receiving phone calls from the public

Thirdly, The police outright lied about having caught the perpetrators and having arrested and dealt with them in a court in Hampshire. There are absolutely no court records pertaining to such offenses under the broadcasting act.

Fourthly, around the same time LBC radio had the same stunt pulled across them during a live *chat* programme, much to the chagrin of the presenter who found every single phone line into the studio blocked by a similar voice repeating a similar sort of message.

Whilst the message itself might have been trite beyond belief, the level of sophistication required, technically, to pull it off was beyond that of simple pranksters. Whoever was responsible for it had access to some pretty high tech and heavyweight equipment. The transmission was interrupted over an area of hundreds of square miles and two wholly different TV transmitting stations. That of Thames TV and that of Southern TV.

I suspect this incident was some sort of *black op* to ascertain, on behalf of the government, exactly what it would take to perform such a *stunt* with reference to sleeper agents for the Warsaw Pact in Europe. That is, could it be done and if so, how many people and how much equipment would it need?. I further suspect that, due to the level of sophistication, it was accepted that *foreign powers* would not have the ability to perform such sabotage without being spotted beforehand.

Strangely enough, there was an incident reported during a military exercise on Salisbury Plain where. The battery and tank commanders received orders to fire full *broadsides*. It was later ascertained that, by some freak of nature, they were receiving radio transmissions from World War 2 some two decades after they had been transmitted.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Having heard this at the time of broadcast as a young lad, even then it just came across as funny and total codswallop. The aliens were hippies, do I run afraid or go get some lentils?

I've never heard the bit about Salisbury Plain before with the WWII broadcasts, are there any genuine pointers to this?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yeah sorry about video, i must have pasted the vid number incorrectly, there is a direct link below the clip

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
I wish the aliens would come and take me away or take the jerks away drop them off on jupiter and come back and chill with us good people.

2ND

edit on 9/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join