It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnell: I'm not doing any more national TV interviews

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good decision on her part. It's a diversion and they are against her anyway. They'll ask her about witchcraft, taxes, mortgages and everything else personal, but won't ask her what she intends to do about spending, foreign policy, health care, etc. The Dems are running a smear campaign against her personally and not dealing with the issuies. If they DID speak to the issues, they'd lose. So what are all these bad things she did?

1. Dabbled in witchcraft. Right. In High School. What did you do in high school? Dabble in drugs? This is the biggest non-iiue they've got.

2. Didn't pay her taxes (Got a lien from the IRS). Bogus. The IRS screwed up. They admitted it and gave her a clean bill of health. Why do you blame an IRS screw-up on the victim of their screw-up?

3. Fell behind on her mortgage. True, so she sold her house and paid off all her debts. She COULD have just let the bank take the house. She COULD have declared bankruptch and weasled out, but she didn't. She did the right thing and took care of her fresponsibilities.

4. Has religious views against gays, masturbation, etc. Yup. She does, though it looks to me like she did that in her twenties and her faith has matured. In any case, so what? You'll support the Muslim faith, which includes stoning adultresses. Her stuff is pretty mild compared to that.

What else are the Dems doing? Maintaining an onslaught of telephone calls to her headquarters reulting in constant busy signals to prevent people from getting in touch with her. That's rich--and typical.

The hypocrisy here is amazing. Here you have people who rise up in anger at the mere mention of someone questioning where Obama was born, an issue that couild be easily and completely solved if he produced an original borth certificate, which he refuses to do. Instead, his supporters cry "racist" at every opportunity, yet these same people criticize O'Donnell on the stuff above.

If anyone has substantive criticism about O'Donnell on the issues at hand: fiscal policy, for example, wherfe she proposes a two-year freeze on capital gains in an attempt to get the economy moving, i.e.: Money for people instead of from people in tghe form of "stimulus" packages that put all children $200,000 in debt to pay it back, then by all means let's hear them! Really! It seems to me that those issues are worthy of debate.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Awesome response. However the fact that it makes sense while pointing out others "faults" will no doubt get you flamed. This post makes the most sense out of anything I've seen on here today.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

1. He was under oath because as I said, it was political.

2. Just becaue a politician brings it up doesn't mean its the gospel. It just so happens that everytime a Republican says something stupid the Dems resort to a time honored tradition of making it out that all Republicans feel the same way as that one paticular moron.

3. I kind of agree with you.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Good decision on her part. It's a diversion and they are against her anyway. They'll ask her about witchcraft, taxes, mortgages and everything else personal

...and she'll find it incredibly difficult to talk on taxes and mortgages, right? As to the blood-spattered Satanic altar, she already explained this in enough detail, so there won't be a repeat.

If anyone has substantive criticism about O'Donnell on the issues at hand: fiscal policy, for example, wherfe she proposes a two-year freeze on capital gains in an attempt to get the economy moving

How many people you know make a substantial income on capital gains? How does this tax freeze puts money in the hand of people?

O'Donnell is just a bag of hot air -- talking points with no substance. A person who made a career out of instilling "biblical principles in all areas of policy" and who barely eked out a BA degree in English (of all things) doesn't strike me as qualified for anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well for me the biggest issue with this lady is how she used campaign money when she was not even running anymore to pay personal expenses thus embezzling money, committing tax evasion and a host of other crimes.

Criminal 1
Crimin al 2
Criminal 3

There are 3 sources but there are many more if you look. It is looking like she will be brought up on charges by the FEC

edit on 22-9-2010 by frimilden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She's following in the footsteps of Sarah Palin, as many of us knew she would.

I smell a book!

If a conservative said that you would call him chauvisnitic and woman-hating.

Pure hypocrisy!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Originally posted by 19872012
Damn it, that sucks.

She's hot!!!

Seriously?

Personally, I think she's far, far, far from good looking. Though it could have something to do with the fact that I absolutely loathe, hate, and despise all women who think and act like she does.

she is good looking i admit, i don't like her either though.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

1. He was under oath because as I said, it was political.

2. Just becaue a politician brings it up doesn't mean its the gospel. It just so happens that everytime a Republican says something stupid the Dems resort to a time honored tradition of making it out that all Republicans feel the same way as that one paticular moron.

3. I kind of agree with you.

1: Why was the Clinton's' sexual history made political? Why isn't it OK then to make O'Donnell's sexual beliefs "political". You can't argue one is OK without the other.

2: It isn't just a politician, Newt is a big player and is supposed to represent "most" of the GOP. He is sizing up running in 2014 and was the head of the GOP for quite some time. And it's just like the Rep's to make out every Dem feels the same way as one particular moron......see the irony? Guilty by association.

3: Excellent..........your seeing beyond the left/right paradigm

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

She is running for the Senate seat in DELAWARE. Only Delaware voters need to know about her. Why SHOULD she do national interviews?! The only views of O'Donnell that matter to Delawareans, are the views that affect what she can do for Delaware.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

1. Whatever you think.

2. Whatever you think.

3. Whatever you think.

I'm not going to go into deep explanation to help you understand what I write. You or anyone else on ATS isn't worth that much effort. I give my opinion once, you accept it, respect it or spit on it.

I really don't care.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You or anyone else on ATS isn't worth that much effort.

So you are flipping off this board?

Messiah complex.

Telling, isn't it? What candidates you prefer.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

What the....
Now there you go again!
If she won she'd have a vote in the Senate would she not?

Last time I looked, the Senate votes all the time on national issues.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Positions on religious, social and sexual issues have no bearing here because they are private views not policy statements. They are what she personally believes. You need to tell me at least what makes her a nut extremist other than she has a different viewpoint than you. Thanks.

You must be naive.

Personal and social issues very much impact on what bills a Senator will vote on and how he or she will vote.

If people like Christine O'Donnell were in charge we would go back to making abortion (an entirely personal matter) illegal. She would vote to keep gay people from serving openly in the military. Hell, she would vote to make homosexuality illegal if she could.

She would cut funding for public schools and increase funding for private ones. There are many more issues I can think of.

The trouble with the religious right is they are ALWAYS trying to make their social agendas into law.

O'Donnell would likely do this more often than most.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I perfer canidates I can vote for.

Truth be told, the only canidates I have voted for in the past 15 years have been on the national level. I am in the military and move around a lot. My official voter registration is Oklahoma, but since I haven't live there in 15 years I don't vote for things that affect only that state.

Also, its not a messiah complex, to me you people are words on a screen. I don't worry, stress or get angry at words. I state my opinion and posistion on something and will debate a little, but I will not help the willfully ignorant understand something someone who has only known miltary life and does not have a higher education has written.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

but I will not help the willfully ignorant understand something someone who has only known miltary life and does not have a higher education has written.

I see. OK then, I won't help you (who is not a part of civic life and lacks education) understand what other people do.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
She's running for an office in Delaware. Who really cares outside Delaware. This is nothing but a load of crap the media has driven against her over a local election.

We have people running for Senate positions in Kansas, don't see them on national news.

She's not Sarah Palen. O'Donnell is younger, a little nicer looking, and makes some sense. You could actually talk to her in daylight, I believe.

I'm tired of this crap of sliming the people who are knocking off the ruling class.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Now there you go again! If she won she'd have a vote in the Senate would she not?
Last time I looked, the Senate votes all the time on national issues.

Now there you go again! She's running in DELAWARE .. it's NOT a national race.
Last time I looked, she has to get elected by the people in DELAWARE
and therefore she has no obligation and no need to WASTE TIME campaigning on a
national level. While people in California or Oregon (etc) may care what she thinks, it simply
DOES NOT MATTER if they care or not. She's running in DELAWARE and that's
what her focus should be. That's where the race is. It's the correct thing for her to do.

Geeeeze ... DELAWARE ... DELAWARE ... DELAWARE
What don't you people understand about National vs State elections??

For anyone to WHINE because she's not doing NATIONAL TV interviews is absurd.

edit on 9/23/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It's also ridiculous because a day or so later she was on the Hannity show. Which is a nationally shown corporate show. She is a using the Palin tactic. She is afraid of criticism, a true coward and a horrible choice for the Tea Party. Last time I checked she is down 17% in the polls. Doesn't look like it is likely at all she will win. Too much stupidity, a weird history, and a pending lawsuit for misuse of campaign money. Two of her former campaign managers (yes she has ran 5 times) are speaking out against her.

Looks like Roove was right on this one. Horrible choice for the Tea Party. All though I am a as some would call "Marxist", I believe the Tea Party was original made to get Ron Paul elected. It is becoming clear that is being hijacked by the massive news media network Fox to get republican candidates elected.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
She's running for an office in Delaware. Who really cares outside Delaware. This is nothing but a load of crap the media has driven against her over a local election.

We have people running for Senate positions in Kansas, don't see them on national news.

She's not Sarah Palen. O'Donnell is younger, a little nicer looking, and makes some sense. You could actually talk to her in daylight, I believe.

I'm tired of this crap of sliming the people who are knocking off the ruling class.

You don't see the elect from Kansas dong Fox news interviews. Why would she say she isn't going to do national media and then go on Fox the next day?

She is not Sarah Palen, and Sarah Palin is not Sarah Palen either.

O'Donnel spends campaign money on her own rent and food. She has ran the past 5 terms. She is no one new. She is one of the people who is taking advantage of the Tea Party and hijacking it. Tea party was made to get Ron Paul elected. O'Donnel has so many flaws it is almost impossible to count them.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

O'Donnel spends campaign money on her own rent and food. She has ran the past 5 terms. She is no one new. She is one of the people who is taking advantage of the Tea Party and hijacking it. Tea party was made to get Ron Paul elected. O'Donnel has so many flaws it is almost impossible to count them.

You obviously do not understand politics in Delaware, so let me explain it to you. DuPont Corporation RUNS Delaware. Only people sponsored by DuPont get elected in Delaware to state-wide or national office. Mike Castle is in the pocket of DuPont-always has been, always will. Southern Delawareans are fed up with DuPont's strangle hold on state-wide politics, so they got together to support anyone running against Castle. Castle and DuPont had no idea of what was coming down the pike. They were caught off guard, and complacency caught up with them. As for O'Donnell's financial problems, people need to understand that she received very little funding in previous elections, and as a result, ran up a huge debt TRYING to beat Castle. However, with the huge financial support of DuPont for Castle, it was an impossible deal. BTW, Hillary Clinton also ran up a huge debt running for President, much of which has not been paid back. This is common among losers of races.
Now, who will win? That's easy- Chris Coons.
Here is why:

On June 10, DuPont Chair and CEO Ellen Kullman, Delaware Governor Jack Markell and New Castle County Executive Chris Coons, wielding ceremonial chrome shovels and sporting shiny white hardhats, officially kicked off construction of the first new DuPont office building planned for the Chestnut Run Plaza (CRP) site in Wilmington, Del.

www2.dupont.com...

Chris Coons has been paid off by DuPont, and as Vito Corleone once said "The day will come when I need a favor, and I will call on you."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join