It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine O'Donnell: I'm not doing any more national TV interviews

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Delaware Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell (R) gave on Tuesday night one of her few national TV interviews since recording a stunning upset over Rep. Mike Castle (R) a week earlier. She used the opportunity to announce that it would be her last national TV interview.

National exposure is now "off the table, because that's not going to help me get votes," O'Donnell told Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity. "I'm not going to do any more national media because this is my focus: Delaware is my focus, and the local media is my focus."

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Think about it this way, she wants to get elected but without people knowing about her views. But you know what she is right. The more she speaks, the more people will realize she is a nut. So national exposure will not help her get votes. It's logical and sad at the same time.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Oh, so that sound I heard last night must have been her entire staffs unbelievably intense sigh of relief!

That's OK... She'll talk in public. Somehow. Some way. She's narcissistic like that, I think.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
She's following in the footsteps of Sarah Palin, as many of us knew she would.

I smell a book!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
woo whoo! Another half term "grizzly bear" female politician.

At least they're not trying to hide it...they come out right into the open and say "See? This is me, raping this country!"

edit on 22-9-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy

Delaware Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell (R) gave on Tuesday night one of her few national TV interviews since recording a stunning upset over Rep. Mike Castle (R) a week earlier. She used the opportunity to announce that it would be her last national TV interview.

National exposure is now "off the table, because that's not going to help me get votes," O'Donnell told Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity. "I'm not going to do any more national media because this is my focus: Delaware is my focus, and the local media is my focus."

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Think about it this way, she wants to get elected but without people knowing about her views. But you know what she is right. The more she speaks, the more people will realize she is a nut. So national exposure will not help her get votes. It's logical and sad at the same time.

Her opponent, the "bearded Marxist" is nuttier than she, although she isn't a nut at all. To a liberal or maybe a commie, she may seem like a nut because those people really believe taxing and spending other peoples money works. They believe that government should decide how much you earn and what you can keep. They believe that the government knows better about what doctor you should see and when you can be treated for whatever ails you. They believe all that kum bi yah stuff, so to them she is a nut. But to those who believe the money they earn is theirs. That they have a right to choose their own doctor. That taxes should be kept low to increase personal wealth, and the health of a nation. That shun communistic ideals for liberty and justice for all. To them she is a bright shining star. She is a forerunner of tomorrows governing elected representatives.

As for me, I am voting for anything that even smells like Obama communism. Anything that taxes me. Anything that opens the borders and gives free bees to illegal aliens. I will rise up early in the morning, me and all of my friends and anyyone I can convince to go and vote tyranny out of office once and for ever.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Damn it, that sucks.

She's hot!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Nice strawman.

Most people who think O'Donnell is a nut don't believe that because of her political ideologies, but because of her extreme -- and often absurd -- positions on religious, social and sexual issues.

On her political issues I do think she's wrong, not that she is a nut. On the other stuff, she's either an extremist or she's pandering to the extremists that can get her elected.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't see the problem.......our president couldn't do an interview in an intelligent manner without a teleprompter..........so why be harsh here? If she doesn't wanna do interviews with the liberal media that wanna pounce on everything she says, unlike how they treat the left, so be it. I see this more as failing to fall for leftist baiting than anything else, and that does show at least she's thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KerbDune

Nice strawman.

Most people who think O'Donnell is a nut don't believe that because of her political ideologies, but because of her extreme -- and often absurd -- positions on religious, social and sexual issues.

On her political issues I do think she's wrong, not that she is a nut. On the other stuff, she's either an extremist or she's pandering to the extremists that can get her elected.

Sooo... if you would, please, tell some policies she has in he campaign that are extreme. Is it the low taxes ? How about secure borders ? Or maybe the call to stop spending our children's money ?

Positions on religious, social and sexual issues have no bearing here because they are private views not policy statements. They are what she personally believes. You need to tell me at least what makes her a nut extremist other than she has a different viewpoint than you. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy
Think about it this way, she wants to get elected but without people knowing about her views..

Think about it this way ... she isn't up for NATIONAL electon so she said she's focusing on DELWARE.
People on the national level were curious so she gave a few interviews ... that's it.
She's doing interviews and newspaper articles and meetings with the people of DELAWARE ...
You know .. the state in which she is running for office.

geeeeze people ....

edit on 9/22/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixed sentence

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Like what she says in Delaware isn't going to make the national news. Wanna bet?? Just wait until she says God will get you if you masterbate, it will all over everywhere. She doesn't have a clue.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
Damn it, that sucks.

She's hot!!!

Seriously?

Personally, I think she's far, far, far from good looking. Though it could have something to do with the fact that I absolutely loathe, hate, and despise all women who think and act like she does.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by KerbDune

Nice strawman.

Sooo... if you would, please, tell some policies she has in he campaign that are extreme. Is it the low taxes ? How about secure borders ? Or maybe the call to stop spending our children's money ?

How about this nonsense that's manufactured by her stuff for the consumption of idiots among us?

“Christine has a strategy for bringing our troops home from Iraq: It’s called victory. Past mistakes should not deter our need to stabilize Iraq so we can get our troops home. We can succeed in the future, but we must accompany our efforts with the honor and respect we’ve earned as a people. We cannot leave on the enemy’s terms. We must leave on our terms.”

Blah blah blah. She has strategy my @ss. I have a strategy to become rich -- I'm playing lottery.

And oh yeah, she wants to "bring biblical principles into all levels of public policy."

Talking points do not a leader make.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Her opponent, the "bearded Marxist" is nuttier than she, although she isn't a nut at all. To a liberal or maybe a commie,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stopped reading right there! Makes me wonder if you are qualified to determine who is a nut!

The PALIN RULE is in effect! How long until they attempt to paint this Palin mini-me as a rouge?
Keep her muzzled! Boy that Tea Party is a real alternative ain't it? No spin there!
No handlers or PR people with her!
Jeeezuz.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So why was she in a group that had the pulicly stated goal of incorporating "Biblical principles" into government? Why does she want creationisn taught in schools?
Hmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

I just said, specifically, that I don't think she's an extremists for her political ideologies. Did you read my post or are you purposely distorting my position?

So what if she says she's for "secure borders" or "not spending our children's money"? Who isn't? Those are just words and concepts that sound good to the electorate. George W. Bush also campaigned on a policy of non-intervention, how did that turn out?

It's funny that most conservatives here take seriously what Republican politicians say and campaign on, but are constantly talking about how the Democrats lied their way into power and everyone who voted for them are suckers. I'm sure it's only Democratic politicians that lie and campaign on one thing and do the other when they're in power, right?

There are as many honest politicians on the Democratic side as there are on the Republican side: 0.

Positions on religious, social and sexual issues have no bearing here because they are private views not policy statements. They are what she personally believes.

Every day there's threads about Obama's religion, how he pronounces certain words, or if he's reading from the teleprompter. Now suddenly a politician's "private views" are somehow off limits?

And why exactly do these "private views" have no bearing here? Because you say so?

A politician's religion, or lack of, is apparently a big issue with the American people -- isn't that what some conservatives try to tell us every time they bring up the number of people who think Obama isn't a Christian?

Politician's "private views" only matter when it's the other side's politicians that get elected huh?

You need to tell me at least what makes her a nut extremist other than she has a different viewpoint than you. Thanks.

I don't need to tell you jack s#$%. My position and why I think she's an extremist has already been explained. If you can't comprehend it or don't want to, that's your problem.

edit on 22-9-2010 by KerbDune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So what?

She is going to campaign to her possible voters and ignore the rest of us. I don't see the big deal about that, its probably cheaper that way also and it shortens the distractions in her life.

The threads on her are getting dumber and dumber with each passing one. First you don't like her because she was to Christian, then you don't like her because of some witchcraft issue and now this.

You guys sure are scared of something.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Positions on religious, social and sexual issues have no bearing here because they are private views not policy statements.

Ya it's not like anyone made a big deal about Clinton getting a BJ while in office and no one is currently trying to vilify Obama on his religion.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Nobody really cared if he got his winky polished. Thats why its such a big joke now. I think the major issue is that he lied under oath about it. If he had told the truth then there wouldn't have been a big deal. The beginning was all about politics, not the public.

Obama's religion nobody really cares about except for a small group. Although I imagine a bunch of people are just curious on what the truth is.

This woman is just another Palin for the left to stomp on, its kind of sad how scared they are of Republican women.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by Connector

Nobody really cared if he got his winky polished. Thats why its such a big joke now. I think the major issue is that he lied under oath about it. If he had told the truth then there wouldn't have been a big deal. The beginning was all about politics, not the public.

Why was he under oath in the first place, being asked if he had sex with Monica? And he didn't really lie, he just side stepped the truth. Of couse you must understand what the definition of "is" is lol.

Obama's religion nobody really cares about except for a small group. Although I imagine a bunch of people are just curious on what the truth is.

I would argue that it's much more then a small group, as that seems to be one of the biggest boogie-men the GOP fall back on to instill doubt and fear( of course there is even a higher % here then in the real world). Even Newt tried recently to subtley imply Obama was a muslim / Kenyan.

This woman is just another Palin for the left to stomp on, its kind of sad how scared they are of Republican women.

I don't think liberals are scared of Republican women......I think they're scared of any politician, with what they consider, extremists views regardless of gender.

I agree with others...she's running in Delaware, she doesn't need to give national interviews until her aims are at a national level. It just "appears" she has something to hide....sound familiar?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join