It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible EMP Attack/False Flag UK?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

In YOUR leafy suburb maybe, but in the cities it would be chaos..

Order would have to be kept until those component arrived.. A state of emergency including curfews etc would have to be implimented in thr interim, which could take months!

Still think its rubbish?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Exactly!

If you detonate a nuke at the right altitude and location over the US, you have instant martial law.

The electricity grid would fail, as would alarms and security systems, and that
would lead to immediate looting. I also speculate that fires would break out all over
the country caused by overloaded circuits.

It would be mayhem for months...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
The Guardian article is discussing a device that emits radio waves, not electromagnetic radiation.

Well radio waves are part of the electro magnetic spectrum, as is visible light, microwaves X rays, you name it really. The radiation just explains how the energy is transferred from the source... For instance if you touch a hot pan that heat energy is transferred via conduction, but the sun on you skin, well that heat is transferred via radiation... So strictly speaking it is an EMP device in that it deliverers it's radiation (in the frequency band we call radio waves) in a pulse - a radio transmitter is also an electromagnetic device... Differing only in that the energy is modulated in order to transmit data, and the energy levels are compatible with technology (ie not intended to destroy).

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry to go off-topic Yissachar, but I was wondering if your avatar was indeed the emblem of a royal fusiliers? And if so I was curious why you had chosen it for your avvy.

England does seem to be ramping up for some type of major disaster. Whenever you guys have emergency drills it seems like bad things do indeed happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yes it is the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers cap badge. I started my military career in the regiment.

There does indeed seem to be a ramping up of something... Especially, as posted in another thread, emergency service drills for things as dubious as a 7 pointer earthquake in the UK of all places! Could these exercizes be a prelude? Considering during such a disaster there would be no electricity, so getting the ES to get used to working with minimum equiptment?

Speculation I know, but it certainly makes you think!

edit on 21-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

In YOUR leafy suburb maybe, but in the cities it would be chaos..

Order would have to be kept until those component arrived.. A state of emergency including curfews etc would have to be implemented in the interim, which could take months!

Still think its rubbish?

You're obviously not from England, We don't have a suburb, as such.

And when I say Lincolnshire, I mean pretty much the entire central eastern part of England. A massive area that is nothing more than pure farmland. This is just one of many many areas in England like this.
Make no bones about it, England can be totally self-sufficient if needs be.

And to address your inner city panic issues I used to live in Londonand back in 2003 there was a city wide power cut starting in the evening rush hour lasting for several hours, totally unheard of before, had never previously happened. I was stuck in the tube and it was a nightmare, but people were calm and we all co-operated with each other.

It took me 4 hours to get home that night but I did and there was not one report of mass panic or chaos as a result of the disruption.

Stop this inane fear mongering, it's totally unfounded and serves no good purpose at all.

Korg.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This was on newsnight last night wasn't it. I was waiting for a thread on this. If such an event did occur life would get pretty uncomfortable pretty quickly, it would be a mass panic scenario. It seems we are due a solar flare and it is wise that we prepare for any such event. False Flag? possibly, the effects would be devastating on the world. At the moment we would only have a half hour warning that a solar flare was heading for us. Imagine the last TV broadcast

edit on 21-9-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I'm an American with a passionate interest in English military history - of which there is a massive amount to learn. Presently, I am reading the Churchill history of the Second World War, what a great series!

The English are pretty imperturbable people. That is why terrorism has never worked against England. The people go on about their business and don't allow fear to manipulate them. They also never lose their sense of humor no matter how dire the situation. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong country.
Americans on the other hand.........

edit on 21-9-2010 by Asktheanimals because: to add material

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Of course im from England! How verrrry dare you! Lol

Ok, we have farms, and in the past we could be self suffucient because of the less dense UK population, the fact that nearly everyone knew to a certain degree how to grow food,and the fact that farm machinery and manufacturing machinery used anologue technology and steam... No problems for them as EMP does not affect that kind of equiptment... Fast forward a few decades to the digital age where every bit of machinery, including farm machinery is digitally controled, then they would not work in an attack. Neither would the machines we use to manufacture these things even right down to ore processing to make the raw matirials to make the components.. Then there is water.. The water supply would be stopped as that is digitally controled, and life support in hospitals, comms etc.. Imagine the scenario of you being stuck in that lift except its a permanant power loss and you have no means to contact emergency services as comms are down? Alongside the transport system to get the es to you as their vehicles, comms etc are no longer functioning.. Then there is the population of the country. How do you feed the whole with verrry limited transport?

I could go on and on and on...

What would we do? It would be chaos. We would need troops on the streets just to keep order.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: bloody spelling!

edit on 21-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Of course im from England! How verrrry dare you! Lol

Then I can tell you that you are by no means representative of our culture. Basicly you are saying that in an emergency we would all give up and that would be the end??

This is so far from the truth it's unreal. England can be totally self sufficient even in light of a loss of electronics. Whats more is you cannot have any idea how the farmers work. yes they do have bloody great big combine harvesters that rely on engine management systems that clearly would not work if attacked by an EMP, but most farmers have been farmers for generations and have more knowledge about the land than your entire life experience.

We would survive, and we would prosper in the face of avercity. Yes things would be different for a while, but we would get through.

Where is your positivity, your latral thinking and your desire to survive?

Korg.

P.S. All lifts have a manual override
)

edit on 22-9-2010 by Korg Trinity because: The Blue Funk Chronicles

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Hi,

I was in 1RRF many moons ago. Had a bad accident which resulted in leaving after such a short time. There is another thread on ATS similar to this one. The other thread focuses mainly on a event to happen in Liverpool on 3rd October 2010.

Remember the 7-7 bombings and how coincidentally there were drills at those very stations that morning. This was backed up by an interview with one guy who was initiating the drills.

Hmmmm stinks of you know what.

Lets watch this space and see?

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join