It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible EMP Attack/False Flag UK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Over the last week or so in the UK, various news outlets have reported on the dangers of EMP attacks on our soil, taking us back to a technological stone age. Alongside this MSM have also been reporting on the up comming solar maximum in 2012-2013, which may or may not produce a CME that could do the same job as an EMP device.

In the last few weeks there have been many nonsensicle emergency service drills, that have cost thousands of pounds and which the various scenarios have been dubious, reported by various ATS members from the UK.

An EMP device is not that hard to make. You can even google how to make small ones! However at high level meeting by the defence minister Dr Liam Fox yesterday, he assertained grave concern about such devices, in particular air burst nukes that would create EMP that would decimate the whole countries technological capabilities.

Much has been said on this site about sinister NWO types wishing to destroy the UK by various social engineering and political means, could this then be the final nail for us in their plans? And what about the "missing" X37b orbitting the planet under covert secrecy so easily forgotten by everyone over the last 6 months? Could that be a part of it? Or am I just making random connections?

Your thoughts ...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I hate to break it to you, but solar storms don't create EMP's, you can't make an EMP device, unless it's a nuclear bomb and there certainly isn't any plans for a working model available online.

I forget the rest, but I can't imagine it holds much water either.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
yes i have also noticed this also they say either iran with satellites and nukes or solar flares
very confusing

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just to add to my OP; the X37b for those that do not know is a US military orbital drone that has the capability of carrying a nuclear payload.. A nuke detonated in orbit has the potential to generate an electro magnetic pulse over a huge area.. The covert nature of this vehicle, its potential and the fact that it has been forgotten by many since its launch last April is why I included it in the OP.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

if that interests u read this
sify.com...
nuclear-blast-in-space-could-paralyse-britain-news-international

edit on 21-9-2010 by jumpingbeanz because: headline

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I did not say that a CME could produce a EMP, however they can do similar damage!

As for your other point? Google EMP devices lol!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but solar storms don't create EMP's
He didn't say they did, he said a coronal mass ejection "could do the same job as an EMP device" - and that is correct.

EDIT: A quote from Phage:

A CME does not produce an EMP. The variation in the solar wind produced by a CME causes fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field. Those fluctuations cause induced currents in electrical transmission lines. Those power surges are what cause problems. No problem for your iPod (unless it's plugging into a power outlet). No problem for your car. If we were not so dependent on electrical power, if we did not have our power and communications grids, a CME would have no effect on our lives at all.

edit on 21/9/10 by CHA0S because: added quote

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Thanks for the link

I do not think the threat should be laughed off.. This is why I posted it. This kind of attack could easily be done by a government as a false flag, who would use it to justfy an attack on countries such as those in the link you provided..

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It maybe just the few who havent forgotten, but the majority have.. And as stated, i included it in the OP because of its potential to be used as a platform for such a thing.. I did not say it would be.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

There is no similarity, an EMP will disable anything electrical in it's blast radius whereas a geomagnetic storm will only effect electrical grids, creating surges and blowing relays.

So anything that isn't plugged into the surging power supply will be fine and a good surge protector will stop anything that is plugged in being damaged.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Yes, but a CME on the scale of what happened in the 1800's, one that even great Physicists such as Dr Michio Kaku has been warned about could indeed be devastating to our technological capabilities and kill many people..

Such a CME is an unknown quantity in terms of how it would affect us and speculation. However it is of such grave concern that there have been international committees set up in order to to see how we can protect ourselves from such an event.

One such meeting was held yesterday.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
you can't make an EMP device, unless it's a nuclear bomb and there certainly isn't any plans for a working model available online.

Of course you can make an EMP device - I've seen television programs where they demonstrate the principle by flying a remote controlled helicopter and blasting it with EMP... And there was defiantly no nuke explosion! They also demonstrated on a desktop computer and a car, and it scrambled all of them, the cars simpler electronics like the electric windows still worked the rest was junked.

The police in the UK and the US have also considered equipping pursuit cars with EMP devices that would stop a car they were chasing... There were a few reasons why they don't use them, one it took way too much space and it was pretty hit or miss - also it would only work on newer cars.

link to police car article

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Its sounds like a global false flag is being set up. Take down the infrastructure and grab up total power and authority in the name of a solar flare, when in fact it was a government made EMP device that took it down in order to achieve such a goal.

Some how the infrastructure will be restored rather quickly, but only AFTER they have seized all power. Acting under emergency powers, military rule/occupation, delayed or suspended elections/ basic rights, until further notice.

I thought this was possibly localized to be only in the US as Prez O needs a disaster to gain the confidence of the American people; especially with the fear mongering from NASA about a possible large solar ejection in 2012 the end of his term. However it seems now that it may be a global effort to seize all power; squash all resistance, sovereignty, and usher in UN global authority.

From the mouth of Rob Shapiro, a former Clinton advisor..."The bottom line here is that Americans don't believe in President Obama's leadership," says Rob Shapiro, another former Clinton official and a supporter of Mr Obama. "He has to find some way between now and November of demonstrating that he is a leader who can command confidence and, short of a 9/11 event or an Oklahoma City bombing, I can't think of how he could do that."

source

edit on 21-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add to comment

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
However at high level meeting by the defence minister Dr Liam Fox yesterday, he assertained grave concern about such devices, in particular air burst nukes that would create EMP that would decimate the whole countries technological capabilities.

Firstly, an EMP would not decimate the entire countries Technological capability. Even an attack over London would not be as devastating as you might have thought. I know for a fact that most data centres that house critical infrastructure are shielded against EMP and have miltiple points of Fail over with live replication.

Geeze it's possible to run all the critial infrastrucutre in VM ware from some other location.

That's all the financial systems, the military and government systems.

Yes, it would mean most cars are wasted and your personal electronics would be nothing more than paper weights, but this is not going to bring down the country.

If there was ever an airburst nuke attack against the UK, I can assure you that the point of origin would end up being nothing more than scorched earth.

No one is going to attack the UK in this way.

Korg.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Korg Trinity because:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Get us all dependant on electronics and technology..

Check

Now take that technology away..

Seems as good and effective premise to me to get martial law on the go!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Get us all dependant on electronics and technology..

Check

Now take that technology away..

Seems as good and effective premise to me to get martial law on the go!

Total Rubbish!!

I live in Lincolnshire known as the breadbasket of Britain, enough farm land here to create food, oil and clothing to feed and fuel and cloth the entire population.. I can assure you that if we were to lose all electronics tomorrow, we would still survive until a fresh batch of new-fangled electronics got shipped in from the states.

Korg.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I stand corrected, almost.

Will need to find more info on the device in the Future Weapons video.

The Guardian article is discussing a device that emits radio waves, not electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Critical systems like pacemakers etc? Our manufacturng capability would be wiped in an instant, comnunications etc. The emergency services would have vastly reduced capabilities. There would be chaos!

Yes an attack of that kind would be foolish, but that response to such an attack would be even more so. And, if a device was placed in orbit covertly, and just orbited the world for a while, how would you know who attacked you too retaliate?

And if such concerns are hogwash, then why are top level people taking it very seriously?

Also, an orbital detonation over the uk would affect all of it, and if the device was a very high yeild, and at a higher orbit on detonation, could affect a multiple countries at once, not just us.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Radio waves ARE electromagnetic. As much a part of the electromagnetic spectrum as any other wave. The onky difference is the wave length and amplitude

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join