It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

the aliens are here to salvage the human race as the world ends

page: 2
21
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by aliengenes
 


I must commend you on your labours to prove absolutely everything I said in my previous post correct!

IRM


take it on faith brother,. just as the air you breath and soul that lives inside you. proof of your existence and the creepy crawly things that live symbiotically with you, that you cannot see with the naked eye should be proof enough.

just because you cannot see it, smell it, taste it, feel it, does not mean that it does not exist. it just means that you aren't aware of it and dont have insight to sense the things that are not in clear view and an open book to you. that's all

but once you open your mind and pay close attention to the universe around you , you'll come to realize and sense their presence and you might just learn something





edit on 21-9-2010 by aliengenes because: none given




posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes
 




i get a chuckle out of people that always need proof. people who have faith in a god they cant see, feel or hear dont need proof, they only need believe.


I get a chuckle out of people who think that Faith is a sufficient basis for holding a belief in the extraordinary. In truth the only situations in which Faith should really be used are the ordinary conversation types. If someone tells you they had eggs for breakfast you can accept it on Faith because its a normal breakfast food but if someone says they had a bowl of Wheaties on Mars with an alien, well maybe you don't want to accept THAT on faith.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I, personally, am an atheist, so I have no faith in a god for which there is no evidence. In fact a lack of evidence is what makes me skeptical of supernatural and pseudoscientific claims.

People have a far better excuse to believe in God than to believe in ANYTHING you said in your OP because:

1) A belief in God is usually taught to them from birth by people they love and trust (parents). As opposed to you, just some anonymous guy on the internet.

2) A belief in God typically offers them the prospect of an afterlife and saves them from hell



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
take it on faith brother,.


I take nothing on faith... and respectfully, I'm not your brother.



proof of your existence and the creepy crawly things that live symbiotically with you, that you cannot see with the naked eye should be proof enough.


That's proof of a symbiosis with microscopic creatures that evolved along side us on earth, not aliens. How you can equate one with the other is mystifying.



just because you cannot see it, smell it, taste it, feel it, does not mean that it does not exist.

Just because you think you can 'feel' it doesn't mean it exists.



but once you open your mind and pay close attention to the universe around you , you'll come to realize and sense their presence and you might just learn something


And if you open your mind too much, your brains will fall out.


'Feeling' something is not an accurate gauge of reality... Nor is faith... All it reflects is that which you desire to be true. The real trick comes in the ability to distinguish one from the other.

Thank you again for giving ample demonstration of the point I made in my first post!


IRM



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by aliengenes
take it on faith brother,.


I take nothing on faith... and respectfully, I'm not your brother.



proof of your existence and the creepy crawly things that live symbiotically with you, that you cannot see with the naked eye should be proof enough.


That's proof of a symbiosis with microscopic creatures that evolved along side us on earth, not aliens. How you can equate one with the other is mystifying.



just because you cannot see it, smell it, taste it, feel it, does not mean that it does not exist.

Just because you think you can 'feel' it doesn't mean it exists.



but once you open your mind and pay close attention to the universe around you , you'll come to realize and sense their presence and you might just learn something


And if you open your mind too much, your brains will fall out.


'Feeling' something is not an accurate gauge of reality... Nor is faith... All it reflects is that which you desire to be true. The real trick comes in the ability to distinguish one from the other.

Thank you again for giving ample demonstration of the point I made in my first post!


IRM


lol the argument is only within yourself.



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by aliengenes
 




i get a chuckle out of people that always need proof. people who have faith in a god they cant see, feel or hear dont need proof, they only need believe.


I get a chuckle out of people who think that Faith is a sufficient basis for holding a belief in the extraordinary. In truth the only situations in which Faith should really be used are the ordinary conversation types. If someone tells you they had eggs for breakfast you can accept it on Faith because its a normal breakfast food but if someone says they had a bowl of Wheaties on Mars with an alien, well maybe you don't want to accept THAT on faith.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I, personally, am an atheist, so I have no faith in a god for which there is no evidence. In fact a lack of evidence is what makes me skeptical of supernatural and pseudoscientific claims.

People have a far better excuse to believe in God than to believe in ANYTHING you said in your OP because:

1) A belief in God is usually taught to them from birth by people they love and trust (parents). As opposed to you, just some anonymous guy on the internet.

2) A belief in God typically offers them the prospect of an afterlife and saves them from hell


i myself am an atheist but i do however understand the purposes of the bible and other forms of religions hidden messages. its actually pretty clear if you weed through all the BS and just understand whats coming next.

THE END



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes
 


So first it requires faith and now it requires "weeding through" the BS of the Bible... Weeding through the BS of the Bible is something I do on a regular basis so I'm a bit unsure of what you mean because never once have I been reading through the Bible and thinking "You know what this book is about, ALIENS."

So which is it? A ton of research in the Bible that ends with an absurd conclusion about aliens or simple faith? Because neither are sufficient to convince me of any extraterrestrial presence on Earth.



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
lol the argument is only within yourself.


Pseudo philosophy and nervous laughter isn't going to by you a free pass in this debate.

IRM



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes
 


It make me feel .. that you just validated my age of enlightment thread in my signature in a way
that we are them and they are us
it will not be the end of the world ... but the end of the world has we know it
it has to worsen to get better sadly

a better age will rise from this dark age.. greed will be over

Good thread .. thanks for the insight
S&F



edit on 9/21/2010 by Ben81 because: correction



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by aliengenes
 


So first it requires faith and now it requires "weeding through" the BS of the Bible... Weeding through the BS of the Bible is something I do on a regular basis so I'm a bit unsure of what you mean because never once have I been reading through the Bible and thinking "You know what this book is about, ALIENS."

So which is it? A ton of research in the Bible that ends with an absurd conclusion about aliens or simple faith? Because neither are sufficient to convince me of any extraterrestrial presence on Earth.



its because your mind wont allow itself to let go of the brainwashing its been given since birth.
and because "your government" says it isn't so.

just spend time researching the cosmos every night and quit reading that book and you might see what you've been missing in the translation.



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by aliengenes
lol the argument is only within yourself.


Pseudo philosophy and nervous laughter isn't going to by you a free pass in this debate.

IRM


says you?



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Foolishness. There is nothing benevelent about any division of the paranormal. Strong delusion.




edit on 21-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing will happen in 2012. Just like Y-2k, just like 06/06/2006, just like all the other predicted apocalyptic non-events, Dec. 2012 will be another non-event. No aliens are coming to save us from ourselves, no divine intervention, no rapture, no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, and no Elvis.

Now that you know the truth, how does this make you feel? lol....



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Absolutely nothing will happen in 2012. Just like Y-2k, just like 06/06/2006, just like all the other predicted apocalyptic non-events, Dec. 2012 will be another non-event. No aliens are coming to save us from ourselves, no divine intervention, no rapture, no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, and no Elvis.

Now that you know the truth, how does this make you feel? lol....


like destroying the earth to prove you all wrong



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi, i live in Toronto

My best friends dad has built movie / tv sets for pretty much his whole life, being the lead carpenter for set design on such films as saw 1 & 2, harold and kumar, and many more.

Last month he was assigned to build a set for a upcoming TV show that Steven Spielberg is even working on

The show is called FallingSkys, It takes place after nuclear war that left this plant for dead. Aliens decided to take advantage of our down times and come down while we're weak and inslave the surviving humans that are just barely surviving.

i thought this was neat, since there has been talk about aliens abducting our nukes



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes
 


Delusional....

2nd line.



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   


Ufo can shut everything down
they are not afraid of the nukes
but they dont want them to go off on earth



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes
 





its because your mind wont allow itself to let go of the brainwashing


Wrong actually. You see I used to believe in aliens and the ancient astronaut theory. Want to know what happened to change that? I simply applied skepticism properly.



and because "your government" says it isn't so.


Actually you're wrong again. I don't recall the government ever stepping out to say that aliens have never visited Earth and that ancient astronaut theory isn't true. Sure they've denied recovering a saucer at Roswell but other than that they haven't directly contradicted anything in your OP.

The old claim of "you've been brainwashed by the government" is merely an attempt at character assassination. It is an ad hominem attack that betrays the fact you have no evidence. Calling the other person a sheeple is much the same. I'm not suggesting you meant it as an attack on me personally but merely as a general rebuttal to all who dare question the 100% lack of evidence you've presented. All of your defenses have been absurd.

We must use Faith
We must read the Bible.

Still don't believe?

Well than you must be brainwashed...





just spend time researching the cosmos every night and quit reading that book and you might see what you've been missing in the translation.


Shifting the goal posts again eh? Ah, now its spend time researching the cosmos and DON'T read the Bible, a direct contradiction of what you told me to do before... Congratulations, after several posts of back and forth I now fully deem you the winner of my Daily Face Palm Award:




posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by aliengenes
 


It make me feel .. that you just validated my age of enlightment thread in my signature in a way
that we are them and they are us


What your experiencing is confirmation bias Ben81. Translated: If another person echoes a sentiment that you personally believe in, it must be confirmation of that which you wish to be true. This is a classic demonstration of false logic. It's analogous to the belief that when you put two crazy people into a room, they immediately become sane. I'm not saying anyone in this thread is crazy... It's just an analogy.

IRM


edit on 21/9/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes
 


people who have faith in a god they cant see, feel or hear dont need proof, they only need believe. well believe me
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh please. Problem is, you are not God.
If I believed everyone that says' God told me", I wouldn't be one of the faithful, I'd be a fool.
Methinks you have delusions.



posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by aliengenes
 





its because your mind wont allow itself to let go of the brainwashing


Wrong actually. You see I used to believe in aliens and the ancient astronaut theory. Want to know what happened to change that? I simply applied skepticism properly.



and because "your government" says it isn't so.


Actually you're wrong again. I don't recall the government ever stepping out to say that aliens have never visited Earth and that ancient astronaut theory isn't true. Sure they've denied recovering a saucer at Roswell but other than that they haven't directly contradicted anything in your OP.

The old claim of "you've been brainwashed by the government" is merely an attempt at character assassination. It is an ad hominem attack that betrays the fact you have no evidence. Calling the other person a sheeple is much the same. I'm not suggesting you meant it as an attack on me personally but merely as a general rebuttal to all who dare question the 100% lack of evidence you've presented. All of your defenses have been absurd.

We must use Faith
We must read the Bible.

Still don't believe?

Well than you must be brainwashed...





just spend time researching the cosmos every night and quit reading that book and you might see what you've been missing in the translation.


Shifting the goal posts again eh? Ah, now its spend time researching the cosmos and DON'T read the Bible, a direct contradiction of what you told me to do before... Congratulations, after several posts of back and forth I now fully deem you the winner of my Daily Face Palm Award:



first, i never told anyone to read the bible.
secondly, i said open your mind, not to the possibility, but to the fact that they are here and for what purpose.

sorry government skepulator ur dog dont hunt



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join