It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the aliens are here to salvage the human race as the world ends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This isn't really a new thought to me. However, the way you presented it made me think a little more about it. Could we be like "seeds" of life to them which they salvage just to preserve this kind of life which we only know of? In the case of such an event happening regularly over long (to us) periods of time, I think it is very logical. This is very interesting, but the thought of these aliens being almost like caretakers for our existence.. I don't like. Maybe that's why I dislike religion. Personally, I don't yet know what the real intention of these aliens will/would be, and that is a topic that's very important if these beings are coming.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

first, i never told anyone to read the bible.

But you did suggest that the Bible is where I could find evidence that what you're saying is true:

i do however understand the purposes of the bible and other forms of religions hidden messages. its actually pretty clear if you weed through all the BS and just understand whats coming next.

So in effect you're saying: Want evidence, read the Bible and other religious texts. When I explained that I had read the Bible and still wasn't convinced aliens had something to do with it you moved the goal posts once again.

but to the fact that they are here and for what purpose.

Sorry but I'm not open to blind sci-fi speculation being sold as fact. I am open to possibilities and it is evidence which moves a possibility into a plausibility and eventually into reality. Without evidence you might as well be saying Space Penguins are coming to save us from an invasion of Corn Monsters from Nebulon 8.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Ben81

It make me feel .. that you just validated my age of enlightment thread in my signature in a way
that we are them and they are us

What your experiencing is confirmation bias Ben81. Translated: If another person echoes a sentiment that you personally believe in, it must be confirmation of that which you wish to be true. This is a classic demonstration of false logic. It's analogous to the belief that when you put two crazy people into a room, they immediately become sane. I'm not saying anyone in this thread is crazy... It's just an analogy.

IRM

edit on 21/9/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

says the government skeptisizer ben81...lol

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Space Penguins are coming to save us from an invasion of Corn Monsters from Nebulon 8.

they are, the bible told me so

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh.
I see, the OP issues what is basicly a self righteous proclamation, then calls everyone that doesn't buy it on faith ( in what is not clear), a government agent.
Seems like we have been down THIS road before!
You know OP, you can get stars, flags and points for posts that actually have substance!
Just sayin'!

edit on 21-9-2010 by OldDragger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
And you know this HOW?? if this is the case, I think all of the ats members should meet in one location and build the ATS ARK!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun
This isn't really a new thought to me. However, the way you presented it made me think a little more about it. Could we be like "seeds" of life to them which they salvage just to preserve this kind of life which we only know of? In the case of such an event happening regularly over long (to us) periods of time, I think it is very logical. This is very interesting, but the thought of these aliens being almost like caretakers for our existence.. I don't like. Maybe that's why I dislike religion. Personally, I don't yet know what the real intention of these aliens will/would be, and that is a topic that's very important if these beings are coming.

chances are, and those chances are pretty good, that we were created by aliens. for what purpose? who knows?
it all seems pretty ironic that religions have been mostly telling the same tale for thousands of years but yet leaving out major events in our creation and lost or removed information.

it seems to me that our existence secrets are to keep us continually moving forwards instead of waiting stagnated for our demise or collection

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Absolutely nothing will happen in 2012. Just like Y-2k, just like 06/06/2006, just like all the other predicted apocalyptic non-events, Dec. 2012 will be another non-event. No aliens are coming to save us from ourselves, no divine intervention, no rapture, no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, and no Elvis.

Now that you know the truth, how does this make you feel? lol....

like destroying the earth to prove you all wrong

This statement from you is very telling, to say the least. Have you thought about seeking professional help?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
And you know this HOW?? if this is the case, I think all of the ats members should meet in one location and build the ATS ARK!!

thats a very good idea. we should build it in northern kansas where the giant ball of twine is.

and build a giant floating sphere 50 stories tall

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Absolutely nothing will happen in 2012. Just like Y-2k, just like 06/06/2006, just like all the other predicted apocalyptic non-events, Dec. 2012 will be another non-event. No aliens are coming to save us from ourselves, no divine intervention, no rapture, no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, and no Elvis.

Now that you know the truth, how does this make you feel? lol....

like destroying the earth to prove you all wrong

This statement from you is very telling, to say the least. Have you thought about seeking professional help?

i did, and they said if i do it they will come

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I wanted to thank you on making the discussion of UFOs, extraterrestrials, and of the like a little more silly. People with your mindset typically end up at the front of discussions when trying to make a case for alien visitations and cheapen the whole subject.

Heres the deal...the ET conversation is NOT trying to create another religion...as a believer in ET visitations, I encourage and nearly demand nobody take -anything- based on faith. it is faith that has destroyed the topic for thousands of years...faith that the earth is the only game in the universe...faith that mankind is the only lifeform of intelligence by a deity...

Please take your desire to push the cosmos into the realm of fairytale, faith, and religion and find some other subject to destroy, or offer solid proof if your stating anything as absolute fact verses simply your belief in likelyhood.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Oh.
I see, the OP issues what is basicly a self righteous proclamation, then calls everyone that doesn't buy it on faith ( in what is not clear), a government agent.
Seems like we have been down THIS road before!
You know OP, you can get stars, flags and points for posts that actually have substance!
Just sayin'!

edit on 21-9-2010 by OldDragger because: (no reason given)

almost sounds jesusish doesnt it?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I wanted to thank you on making the discussion of UFOs, extraterrestrials, and of the like a little more silly. People with your mindset typically end up at the front of discussions when trying to make a case for alien visitations and cheapen the whole subject.

Heres the deal...the ET conversation is NOT trying to create another religion...as a believer in ET visitations, I encourage and nearly demand nobody take -anything- based on faith. it is faith that has destroyed the topic for thousands of years...faith that the earth is the only game in the universe...faith that mankind is the only lifeform of intelligence by a deity...

Please take your desire to push the cosmos into the realm of fairytale, faith, and religion and find some other subject to destroy, or offer solid proof if your stating anything as absolute fact verses simply your belief in likelyhood.

your welcome the proof is all around you

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What if we are just another big dumb animal to them...

Waiting on an alien to help you is like waiting on the government to help you, it ain't gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

On a more serious note,I have had some pretty vivid dreams,one is a reoccuring dream throughout my life I'm in a brightly sunlit room with a picture window and I walk to the window and see a huge tidal wave coming at me,this has been since I was a child(I grew up in michigan and never seen the ocean at that point)I now live across the street from the ocean(east coast).I just had that dream a few months ago as well. also had another dream that I look up at the sky and see two, what look to be ,small moons that shimmer on the outside of them,it seemed so real.I've had others that I won't get into now but my daughter has had these kind of dreams as well.I'm not sure whats going to happen but I believe something is definitely going on.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I wanted to thank you on making the discussion of UFOs, extraterrestrials, and of the like a little more silly. .

your welcome the proof is all around you

Well, at least your not even attempting to deny purposefully destroying a subject.

proof...hmm...there may be a translation issue here...I tend to go with words by the definition...in this case

Definitions of proof on the Web:

any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something; "if you have any proof for what you say, now is the time to produce it"

What evidence are you discussing that would constitute proof? the proof around me proves we can make computers...fashion furniture, and that the sun is shining through my window...

"the proof is all around you" is a exceptionally meaningless statement.

I actually have a better question...why did you start this thread? Are you simply bored? If you were trying to "spread the word", why did you come so poorly equipt...did you think people would take your words simply as some sort of messiah's words?

Lets say for a half second, just for kicks, what you say is true...then clearly the only thing you are doing with the intent of this thread is to tease people and purposefully mislead them, making you a sadist. I wonder if the alien overlords that will be taking the 144k away for preservation will have room for a sadist child

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i'm thinking our galaxy is like the boondocks of the universe. maybe humans are the stupid hicks of space.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

the government insiders have known about this since the aliens came to washington in the 50's.
this is why the government has always denied their existence, even though most of us know for a fact they exist.

Since when have aliens living amoung us been considered a fact? I would be willing to wager that only a small percentage of even ATS'rs believe that.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Take it easy everyone!

I think the OP realizes there is no evidence for a selective rescue mission of humanity.

This is a hypothetical..a what if scenario the OP is proffering here, an interesting mental exercise, nothing else.

That is what the 'discuss' meant at the end.

Personally, given images and videos of the gargantuan size (Earth sized) of the multiple ships in orbit around the sun, i think there would probably be enough room for everyone.

Sending dozens of planet sized rescue ships for only a hundred thousand or so people, is a bit of a waste really!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

On a more serious note,I have had some pretty vivid dreams,one is a reoccuring dream throughout my life I'm in a brightly sunlit room with a picture window and I walk to the window and see a huge tidal wave coming at me,this has been since I was a child(I grew up in michigan and never seen the ocean at that point)I now live across the street from the ocean(east coast).I just had that dream a few months ago as well. also had another dream that I look up at the sky and see two, what look to be ,small moons that shimmer on the outside of them,it seemed so real.I've had others that I won't get into now but my daughter has had these kind of dreams as well.I'm not sure whats going to happen but I believe something is definitely going on.

last year i had a day dream about standing at the doorway of my house and seeing the earth flowing like a tidal wave towards me as i looked at my children sitting behind me and said to them there was no place to run.

seems pretty clear that we're all coming into the light of enlightenment. wouldn't you say?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join