It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Robbins: An Important Note of Caution (Economic Warning)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Just seen this video. I for one have never heard of Tony Robbins but gather he is somewhat of a minor celebrity over there in the states. I'm trying to find out if this is true or not, but I have heard it mentioned that Obama has had speech training/help from this guy?

I found that interesting as he is basically warning people in this video about the upcoming market crash that a lot of people are hinting at. Check out the video and let me know what you think.

Metatube Link

Obama Training

Tony Robbins Wiki

ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

He is a Motivational/Self Help/Public Speaking GURU!

I can't watch the videos from work, and I doubt that Tony Robbins has any economics background, but he has worked with just about every major celebrity, politician, coach in the US. He was featured in the movie "Shallow Hal" as almost a magician, because he is so good at getting people to change their personal paradigm, look at the world differently, and perform at a higher level.

Still, after saying all of that, I don't know if I really care what his take on Global economics is?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i remember him from tv ads in the late 80s or early 90s

he was selling videos and self help books. Im pretty sure that Oprah had him on her show also, probably several times.

as for his forecast, everyone seems to be hinting that money crashes are not over yet.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here are my layers of The Stages of the journey into the community of ATS
If Tony Robbins was on here
he would be the only
level 9.

Layer 1: detect liars

Layer 2: accepting of mod actions

Layer 3: remove counter agents

Layer 4: detect corruption

Layer 5: surprise inspections

Layer 6: treatment of enemies

Layer 7: treatment of the poor

Many never get past Level 2.
Even more think they are level 3
but are just learning level 1 stuff still.

He has fed at least 1 million people every year for decades.
All this conspiracy stuff we discuss happened once
back in the seventies as well when he was young.

He fights conspiracies by finding solutions.

Clinton consulted with him while in office.
I would consider him the confessor
bishop of the secular world.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Something big is coming. When Wells Fargo announces it's closing 638 branch locations, it's like a tourniquet is being applied. Losses are being cut. The death blow is coming.

edit on 20-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: fix url

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
nope, tis nothing...just old news at wells fargo and they have too many facilities with wachovia merger.
that's really old news

i do have one more downmove in the markets coming,,,,then it's off to the top

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If you get to watch the videos when you get home, you will be able to judge for yourself, but coming from someone who had never heard of this guy (me) I would say that he is very clued up. and although not giving any speciifc dates and getting in a frenzy, he discusses everything that has happend to date to get us into this mess, relates to other examples in history (Japan) and then goes onto say what is likely to happen.

I personally think it is a very good video. Now my question to you guys is this;

If he is not know for his economic views, and if he has worked with the big polititions etc., whats with the heads up!? Eitehr something big IS about to go down; or were gonna see more of these kind of vids from more well known faces to make us THINK it is going to go down; or he is a generally nice guy trying to let people know what to expect to try and pro-act and not re-act.

I hope, and think its the last one, because he does seem like a nice guy, its easy to see why he trains the stars, he has got a charisma about him for sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am on without sound today, could I get a brief synopsis of what he says will be the cause and what we can do? I really respect T>R. and think that if he is talking about a crash we should at least take it into consideration as he has always proven to have peoples best interest at heart.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
but he has worked with just about every major celebrity

With that in mind he is immediately disqualified. I've heard this windbag before and it sounds like someone has propped up his ears and ego to find more suckers to tap. What he is suggesting in this video has been in circulation from many, many other credible sources and for a lot longer. He must be in need of another guest room.

brill

edit on 20-9-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I honestly don't know who this guy is. That's how dead I am to the celebrity world.

I did watch about 10 seconds of the first video and had to stop it. He's a master con-artist. You can tell nearly immediately from his body language. Like, he's actually amazing, but still it gets to me. I just couldn't possibly bear to watch these two video's in their entirely.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just started watching it again in order to give you a transcript of sorts, and I gotta say I must not have been listening the first time because it sounds a lot more interesting this time!

Up to 7min 30sec he tells us that over the years he has worked with most of the top 10 wall street traders, fact or fiction? I dont know.

He tells us that in 2008 he, like so many others saw what was happening and realised it was time to defend his assets.

He discussed credit default swaps ans over-evaluation causing the crash in 2008.

He stresses over and over that he is not a financial trader but look listen to his advice and do what you wish with it, because he is trying to help you.

He then says he is going to ask 1 question, then discuss 7 points concerning the economy as it is now.

The question is; what drives the economy?

Hopefully someone else will contribute to some more of the transcript as I am going to be outta action for the next 30mins at least.

Hope this wets your appetite a bit more!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

This looks really interesting. I don't have time to view it now, but I will later.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

He has got this way about him, but I find it more intriguing than repulsive. I don't think he is a master con-artist. From what I gather he does make a big difference to peoples lives, you can debate the 'self help' issue all you want but the fact remains if it helps the people doing it, then its a good thing.

You gotta prefer this guy compared to most you seen on the TV, read in the newspaper or hear on the radio surely? At least he has some level of inteligence.

If your interested in the topic, watch the video! Dont let him put you off, listen to his message!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have used a lot of Tony Robbins material. His stuff is brilliant and motivational. Whenever I feel like I'm in over my head, I refer to his material, and it brings me back to the level, where I feel I can conquer the world.

I trust this guy

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore

He has got this way about him, but I find it more intriguing than repulsive. I don't think he is a master con-artist. From what I gather he does make a big difference to peoples lives, you can debate the 'self help' issue all you want but the fact remains if it helps the people doing it, then its a good thing.

Self help is supposed to come from the self. How could people be brainwashed to believing otherwise is beyond me. It's not a good thing, it's a crutch, a cop out, and a means for con-artists to look like good people. He doesn't fool me.

You gotta prefer this guy compared to most you seen on the TV, read in the newspaper or hear on the radio surely? At least he has some level of inteligence.

I don't watch tv, read the newspaper, or listen to the radio. Intelligence used to prey on people's weaknesses while churning a material gain is quite the evil deed.

If your interested in the topic, watch the video! Dont let him put you off, listen to his message!

Thanks, but no thanks. I honestly doubt he's got much to say that I haven't already gathered. I mean, this guy is warning people to get out of the market in ... late 2010 ?!?! He's many years behind the average clever cat. The only thing he's doing is finding the optimal time to con the majority, because they were so many steps behind that they're only NOW starting to wake up to what's been going on for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think he is a tool for the PTB.

What I hear, is give your money to the banks, and in pay debts that were created purely by market manipulation.

I think we would all be better off filing bankruptcy, and telling the banks to go fish.

We have been scam, why should we continue to allow ourselves to be scammed. Let their fiat monetary policy collapse, and the people turn to a barter system.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I mean, this guy is warning people to get out of the market in ... late 2010 ?!?! He's many years behind the average clever cat.

First off, it can't hurt to watch. There is no such thing as Too Much Information. The more you have, the more "informed" your decisions are.

Now, as for getting out of the market in late 2010. Have you seen the market lately? All of those "clever cats" are right back in the stupid thing. The DOW still hasn't had its "correction" that it so direly needs. A good DOW number right now is between 6500 and 8000. When it gets there I will buy back in. 10,500 is a pipe dream held aloft by the hot air of network analysts and the prayers of people hoping to retire in the next couple of years. It isn't real. Anybody advising you to get the hell out of the market is a good guy in my opinion. Plus the videos are free! Nobody is profiting from giving you advice to get out of the market.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't understand why anyone would be in the markets at all for the last several years. The system is a complete sham, and is held up by the plunge protection team.

The guy is a celebrity. He's investing in his reputation. It get's him more clientele. Isn't that a bit obvious to anyone else

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You could be right, but then again what does he need the press for? How does it help his reputation to regurgitate old information. Why come out now, like you said in late 2010? Plus, with his list of references and success stories, does he really need the press?

Maybe he does, I don't know. I kind of doubt it, and I haven't seen the videos, but nobody has mentioned that he is selling anything in the videos. He doesn't have a TV show to sell adspace on, he doesn't have a book coming out, he isn't hyping a new movie. So it seems like friendly advice from someone "in the know."

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A few of his more notable clients and unpaid endorsers from his Wiki page:

Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, François Mitterrand, and Princess Diana.[20]

In the books Personal Power and Get the Edge Robbins says that celebrities who appeared in his infomercials, did so without compensation. These include Fran Tarkenton, Pamela Anderson, Quincy Jones, Erin Brockovich and Anthony Hopkins.[21]

According to a 1994 article in the New York Times President Bill Clinton invited Robbins, Marianne Williamson and Dr. Steven R. Covey to a meeting at Camp David. However, all parties "refuse to divulge the substance of their meeting with the Clintons".[22]

Robbins has counseled sports professionals such as Greg Norman, Serena Williams, Mike Tyson, Chuck Liddell, Diego Sanchez and Andre Agassi, and sports teams such as the Los Angeles Kings.[citation needed]

Robbins is a member of the Advisory Board of HealthCorps

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join