It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler Invented Seperation of Church and State

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Oh that was good for a laugh.

Why do some people seem so obsessed with the WORDS separation of church and state and where they appear? What is of concern here is the danger of mixing sociopolitical power and religion. Theocracies are notoriously bad. Just look at what happened in Europe for centuries, Jesus's teachings about turning the other cheek were to be accepted under penalty of death and tyrants hid behind a pretend "divine right" to rule. Do we really want to go back to the days of burning witches? It was obvious to the Founding Fathers that religion and government needed to be kept separate and it so they built a secular government that set up freedom of religion for individuals but which kept itself benign on the matter.

Congrats to Glen Urquhart for winning my Daily Face Palm Award:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3b3705652fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

not kidding and a christian i wouldnt make any assumptions like that.

simple fact i havent read a bible or stepped into a church for over 25 years.

if i were you i would step back and watch what both sides to to each other.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And who are the sides? Christians vs. Atheists?

Where do the Muslims (and other religions) come in to play? last I checked, they were being hated on fairly harshly. I haven't heard nationwide protests towards the building of any chapels lately...only mosques.

I pay plenty of attention. I think all religions get attacked. And, in my opinion, the attacking of religion is just as bad as the tireless recruitment tactics employed by those of all religious denominations. It's funny, I thought people were suppose to find their "god", not have it advertised and legislated to them in unwanted and unappreciated fashions.

As an agnostic, I live by one rule: don't do anything to anyone that I wouldn't have done to myself. It works well.....and get this...I don't push it on anyone

edit on 18-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

im going to disagree with you that all religions are "hated" on fairly.

for the most part being a christian is looked down upon in america being a muslim isnt.

and it is a fact that noone bends over backwards for anyone christian like they do for muslims wants and desires and that is especially true now more than ever.

edit on 18-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
sad state of affairs when the only religion in america is looked down upon is christianity and no other.

The only reason that people might want to interpret Christianity as being "frowned upon" is because Christianity is being told to "get back in their seat" a lot. If Islam was invading our politics and Muslims were trying to pass laws in this country based on Islamic morality, they would be getting the SAME treatment Christianity gets right now... (actually, probably worse because all of the christian fundies would be screaming "seperation of church and state" at that point as well).

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

that is happening right now as we speak by islam and the left is silent.

there is a "prayer room" inside the pentagon a federal building whose sole function is to make war.

in schools across this country there are foot baths for muslims students so they can practice their religion but wait

you cant say god in school for that fact you cant even read a bible.

no other religion in this country get those special concessions.

i would agree with you but on those and other things....

it doesnt hold true.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

that is happening right now as we speak by islam and the left is silent.

there is a "prayer room" inside the pentagon a federal building whose sole function is to make war.

Yesh, there is a chapel there as well articles.cnn.com... -18/us/pentagon.chapel.islam_1_muslim-military-personnel-chaplains-prayer?_s=PM:US

in schools across this country there are foot baths for muslims students so they can practice their religion but wait you cant say god in school for that fact you cant even read a bible.

Yes, there are foot baths in University of Michigan..paid for by the local islamic community School to Install Footbaths for Muslims and the myth that you can't read a bible or pray or say god in a public school is a farce. My kids gets prophelitzed at school all the time. So long as it is not during class time, or part of officially sanctioned school activities, it is fair game.

no other religion in this country get those special concessions.

I really have not seen any "special concessions" that no other religion could not ask for. I mean jewish kids can get days off that are not part of the official curriculum to celebrate jewish holidays. Most of the United States government shuts down on Easter and christmas! Public schools CLOSE on Good Friday.

I think a lot of Christians just take for granted what they already have.

edit on 9-18-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

the government shut downs when ever they feel like it and its not a problem since they are the ones who make holidays.

way i see it which ive said before those christians are what made this country is and the muslims are the ones who are jealous.

everyone wants to come to america i havent heard of anyone saying they would just love to live in any islamic country.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Christians will never be true victims because their religion has been the dominant religion in this country for decades.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

thats not an entirely true statement while most think that way.

last time i checked there are over 1.5 billion muslims and their numbers are growing.

christians while people say they are a majority they arent every single day christians are attacked whether it be from the radicals forms of islam or the leftists non stop onslaught of so called educational liberal policies.

the day of victimization is already here and increases continually.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The OP must be trolling. There was a discussion of eagle symbolism in an old thread and we decided that the Nazi party did not hold an exclusive patent.

Here is a double headed eagle over the door of a Byzantine architectural era church. The two heads symbolized the religious and secular leadership, a separation of church and state during the early Byzantine period ~ 150 - 750 AD.

There must have been a secret elite shadow government operating even in the dark ages leaving the church to control the masses.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36b2c2c1364b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 18-9-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

I'm trolling?
Did you even READ the OP?
Good Lord

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
If anyone is trolling here it's neo96.

How else to explain this incessant distortion of the facts and paranoia filled rants about muslims and "leftists"?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The "Hitler button" got lots of attention for the GOP candidate and is a predictably effective ATS attention getter.
If this thread is about political candidates using raw emotional response to garner support then the title is also a good demonstration of that effect. If we are really going to delve into the historical roots for the seperation of church and state then we need to see more depth in our explanations. Obviously its a subject that produces a polar response depending on whether you are reacting to it emotionally or seriously researching the historical facts.

The GOP candidate obviously just used the "Hitler button" for emotional response purposes, in his own words.

If he could do it over, he said he would add more historical context and explain why he rejects Hitler's take on the relationship between government and the church

So wheres the beef?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hii everyone'

Posted a thread on this without realised it was already here. Thought I'll share the video and repeat my views here

I don't know why it's named as "gaffe"..I mean the more they open the mouth the more we know about them and their true self.

Apparently, this Tea Party candidate believes Hitler came before Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here we go again. "Your candidate is more stupid than my candidate"

Whatever. Like Washington is just chock full of mental giants, on both sides of the aisle.

Case in point - Hank Johnson, D-GA

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize,"

But who's counting?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And people wonder why myself, and others on here are waging a campaign of rebuttal to the fundamentalist Christian presence on ATS!!!

The Christian threat is REAL and a CLEAR and PRESENT danger.

Whether it's in the UK or the US - do we all want to end up like Afghanistan / Iran / Saudi Arabia / Yemen / UAE etc? A theocratic nation based on intolerant, fascist and bigoted religiously translated policy?

That's what the TEA PARTY phenomenon now represents.

Understand the danger that modern Christianity represents - understand it, fear it, FIGHT it!

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

America is on the verge of economic collapse.
Our health care and health insurance systems are in shambles (still).
We have the ninth highest cancer mortality rates, in the world.
We are fifth in CO2 emissions per capita.
We are 25th in literacy rates. (Though it is at 99%, it can be better)
We are in the top 50 in suicide rates.
We have the highest crime rate.
Consequently, we have the highest prison population.

And your biggest concern is whether or not a political candidate is a Christian? Looking at the last three items on my list, I'd say we could use a little more religion.

Would you prefer, perhaps, those who support Sharia Law?

Maybe you should rethink your priorities.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by Parallex

America is on the verge of economic collapse.
Our health care and health insurance systems are in shambles (still).
We have the ninth highest cancer mortality rates, in the world.
We are fifth in CO2 emissions per capita.
We are 25th in literacy rates. (Though it is at 99%, it can be better)
We are in the top 50 in suicide rates.
We have the highest crime rate.
Consequently, we have the highest prison population.

And your biggest concern is whether or not a political candidate is a Christian? Looking at the last three items on my list, I'd say we could use a little more religion.

Would you prefer, perhaps, those who support Sharia Law?

Maybe you should rethink your priorities.

Don't be stupid. Have I said anywhere that I like Islam? Like Christianity, it's got extremists in power, and it should be stopped. Just because I know Christianity for what it is - fascist power mongering - you lump me in with Islam lovers? Get a grip.

The U.S. can be saved, one way of contributing to that cause is to take up the path of rationality, open-mindedness, and tolerance - things that Christianity NOR Islam present.

Christianity will further the advance of Fascism in the U.S. - just as Gerald Celente predicted.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

So, let me get this straight... your defense of an idiotic statement is to give an example of another idiot from different party?

and then for an added dash of irony, she actually REFERENCE the practice of defending one idiot by talking about another one!

its like a poop sandwich!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join