It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope's astronomer would be pleased to baptize an alien "no matter how many tentacles it has."

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Depending on their intelligence, post-baptism it will soon be case of "idle tentacles are the devil's playthings", or "many tentacles make light work".
Could they become priests? Or is that a matter of testicles rather than tentacles?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
IMHO...I don't expect any Alien contact anytime soon. If I were in charge of the Church and was witnessing the prevailing of science in so many facists that may cause problimatic standpoints against my religion I would do whatever it takes to convert more to following me. IMHO, I think the church is just a) trying to convert more followers of a more broader belief b) Fufilling the desire to say "oh yeah we mentioned we were tolerant of aliens back in the early beginnings of the 21st century". Just because they are stating this stuff today, doesn't mean it's relevancy is going to take effect tomorrow. You've got to stack all the dominos before pushing the first one over. So let me pass off a piece of advice...nobody is going to pull you out of the hole you dug, stop expecting some ET dropping down from space and fixing your's and the rest of humanities problems. You don't deserve it.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Okay... well the vatican never has a problem with politics, that's for sure. They always know how to talk to manipulate.

Who cares. Let's worry about whether you would baptize them after we find them, given that they even exist.

Until then, cry over the fact that you destroyed a man who said, "the earth moves around the sun". Wow. You should just dissolve the stupid church over that in the first place. Like it's a big deal which planetary body moves around which. That's gonna be the difference in whether you are saved or not!

Besides, chances are that if our galactic brothers and sisters exist and they make it here to this planet, they probably are somewhat more knowledgable about the Creator. I know science (man's knowledge) does not equate to God's knowledge, but for all you know, since they are not "man", their knowledge is automatically better than our sciences... Obviously, they had no fear in traversing the Abyss.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Just wanted to say this:

The bible, our religions collectively, is the story of earth..the tending of earth, and for earthlings.

God didn't make a galactic rulebook...he made a human rulebook for humans...

Should we meet a alien species...there should be not a single attempt to convert any of them...not a single ET...it is not their planet, it is not their rulebook.

We gotta deal with this disease..they are excluded from the nonsense just from the luck of being born elsewhere

now, should we find out that the earth is hollow and there are civilizations in center earth...well, you gotta deal with this bull0000 also sadly...your mentioned, so yep...expect missionaries to annoy you should we find you to be real (probably why they hide the enterance)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
ET...it is not their planet, it is not their rulebook.

"When in Rome... do as the Romans do.."

If I visit or move to another country, am I not expected to follow their rule book

I mean how long are we going to tolerate all these 'visitors' mutilating cows for their biology classes, abducting people for probings etc?

And all we got for it was some old alien tech?

edit on 24-9-2010 by zorgon because: Mooooo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join