It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This post" highlighted in blue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why do some of my posts in several different threads have the "this post" at the top highlighted in blue?

I can't find an example of this being done to anyone else. Anything I should know?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've noticed this since I started to add to my "friends" list today. I could be wrong, but I think it's an indicator of who is on that list.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Whimsical

I don't see any of your "this posts" highlighted in blue (at the top, next to "single.")

This feels a little disconcerting.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
ETA: ok, never mind that theory....

edit on 17-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The blue color is the standard for "visited link" I think it means that you made that post within this browsing session, I can see my posts in blue for example and no one else's unless I actually click the "This post" button on someone elses post then it goes blue because I have visited that link.

You originally visited the links in your own posts when you made them...

I think so anyway

edit on 17-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

No, the posts I'm referring to are on different pages, in different threads and from different browsing sessions.

No ATS mods around to answer this?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Hey, just a suggestion, but since this is an ATS 2010 update feature, you would probably get an answer quicker if you asked it in that thread. I'd be curious to know too.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
To my knowledge “this post” is a shortcut url to that specific post, thereby placing it at the top of the screen for anyone who clicks that link. For example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you click the link, then the “this post” shows up blue, the same with "single". Try it here, click on one of the “this post” links, and from then on it will show up in blue.

edit on 9/17/2010 by defcon5 because: I cannot type

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm not following. Pardon the daftness, but could you explain that again?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
To my knowledge “this post” is a shortcut url to that specific post, thereby placing it at the top of the screen for anyone who clicks that link. For example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you click the link, then the “this post” shows up blue, the same with "single". Try it here, click on one of the “this post” links, and from then on it will show up in blue.

edit on 9/17/2010 by defcon5 because: I cannot type

I just did what you said to on LadySkadi's post to Golden fleece. Though I still don't know what I've done or what it means. The words "this post" are now in blue and it looks cool. But I still don't know what it means dude

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks, I understand the 'this post' function.

For example, why are this post and this post highlighted in blue while other posts on the previous page (page 2) are not?

[edit] If you view the posts on entire thread, one post on the page is highlighted in blue while others are not.

edit on 9/17/2010 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When you click on "this post" , you are highlighting it so you can get the url from the top of the page, for the one post. You might want to send someone a link to a specific post, rather than the whole thread.

I don't think this is new. (Provided this is what you are referring to. If not, nevermind)

ETA: I just tested, and yeah, that's it. Click "this post", and watch the address at the top of the page change.
You can copy and post it, or send it.

edit on 9/17/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Right. This I understand and use all the time. But, that doesn't explain why "this post" is sometimes in blue font.
Lol... I have noticed it, but still don't follow the explanation Defcon5 provided as I cannot seem to duplicate it at will.

edit on 17-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Mine isn't blue, unless I intentionally highlight it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Aha... and therein lies the mystery...
Lol

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
When you click on "this post" , you are highlighting it so you can get the url from the top of the page, for the one post.

The problem is, I never clicked on any 'this post', so none of them should've been highlighted.

I first noticed this yesterday when I had a thread under review by the mods. Certain posts that were pertinent to the subject of the review showed up in blue, so I don't think it's a glitch or anything I clicked on.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've noticed several little glitches coming and going since we've been "under construction".
Maybe this has something to do with it? Otherwise, I haven't noticed it here.
It is odd, I agree.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your help.

What's happening here (at least to me) is that when anyone clicks on 'this post', it stays highlighted, even to the person who wrote it but never clicked on it.

Since that function is rarely used, except perhaps for mods to point out specific posts to other mods, I'm really not comfortable with the specific posts that have been marked, especially since the most recent one was highlighted shortly after I wrote it. Kinda felt like a dossier of posts was being assembled.

Probably just paranoia. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Almost all URLs change colors after you visit them. "This post" is just changing color because you visited it.

edit on 18-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Lol... dude, focus.

We are discussing the words "this post" just to the right of your username, next to the word "single"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join