It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destination Truth Fans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Like many, I have been watching Destination Truth for a long time now and I think it is the best of the paranormal shows that are on TV.

I love Destination Truth!

Awesome locations, great scientific approach, and incredible people.

I was a huge GH fan for a while, but IMO, they have lost their spice. GHI is ok also, as I think that the locations that they go to are cool.

But they are nothing in the shadow of Team Truth. Josh and Ryder rule! And speaking of Ryder, where is she?

I hope that fans of this show come here often to discuss current episodes.

My favorite funny scene was when they were in Ireland getting drunk looking for little green men!

And I thought the Great Wall episode was pretty amazing as well.

What's your favorite episode, and who is geeked about Ankor Wat tonight?

www.syfy.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They are also going to Canada tonight for an aquatic monster hunt.

Should be a great show!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh oh oh..... LOVE Destination Truth...

And yep... me too Lasertaglover... my most FAVORITE episode was when they went looking for Leprechauns! I laughed SO hard!

One of my Destination Truth follower friends... (can't tell you who, you know it's very top secret...ha)...let me know that they were going to one of humankind's most amazing and enduring architectural achievements...Angkor Wat.... and they're gonna be looking for ghosts.... wooooo spooooky!!.....I wish I was going with them!

Here's a picture of Temple of Ta Prohm, Angkor...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c50403fe83da.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's a link to some more pictures...

Angkor Wat Cambodia Pictures

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c0b8e45ef49.jpg[/atsimg]

YAY!

Remember when Josh got that tattoo on his face... omg... funny... I couldn't find a picture after it was completed... it was priceless.. I SO need that pic....Ahha ha

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/290cad8cc8f4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well hello OceanStone!

Those pics are great that you posted, thank you!

I found a thread on BTS that was listing everyone's favorite paranormal show yesterday, and Destination Truth was just about everyone's current favorite, so I know we are not alone...lol.

With how much people love this show, I thought it would be cool to have a place to chat about it...Thanks for coming in!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
ATS to Team Truth...ATS to Team Truth, come in Ryder. Ryder, come in please, over...

Anyway, so I have to wait until later to watch the action from Canada, as one of my little guys woke up right when it was coming on...but Ankor Wat sure was cool.

That thermal image of a cold, human-form zipping by was awesome! Decent EVP's from there as well.

And I was wondering if they are just that unlucky, or do they purposefully rent vehicles that are guaranteed to break down? LOL!

What did you all think?

Past season photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d36b0ad39ac5.jpg[/atsimg]

www.syfy.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Aaahaha... love the picture!

lol... yeah Ryder... where in the heck are you??

Have to admit I fell asleep right at the beginning of the Okie Pokie, Ooggie Pooggie?... or whatever the name of that lake creature was, what happened? Did they find anything?

Okay... the fish eating the dead skin off Josh's feet... icky... lol... I could've done without that part... ha!

I'm thinking they just rent the cheapest vehicle they can and always get bit... goodness!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This was a youtube put together by one of their fans… it’s cute…. My favorite part starts on 2:43.. “When thug life meets the road“… Ryder is funny.... Love it!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Awesome vid!

I got to watch the rest of the show (kids are finally down for the night, yeah!) and the Canadian adventure was pretty cool. Nothing concrete, but some interesting stuff.

I so look forward to Thursday every week now!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7993ae1ef47e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I wish I didn't miss it... and I got the name... ahhaha... it's Ogopogo... I found this picture of what people say that they have seen, doesn't this look like the Loch Ness Monster? Did they talk about the similarities? I'll have to catch this one on a re-run...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fac91b6254cc.jpg[/atsimg]

I guess the sitings go all the way back to the 1800's by the Native Americans... interesting.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanStone

Not really in regards to comparing Ogo with the Loch Ness. This one had more than enough history on its own. They had some cool stuff happen to them in the water, and the eye witnesses seemed credible.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Not really sure why Ryder left the show. Rex is gone too
Jael is now on Fact or Faked. I really hope they are not getting rid of people who are not testing well with the audience. It shouldn't be about the crew, I think. The ratings for the last season were their highest ever.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Hi MrAndy... fellow fan!

I don't think they're off the show... are they? I don't remember seeing this but I hope not!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Hi MrAndy, thanks for dropping in.

I agree with you, I hope they are not pulling cast for ratings sake, but from Ryder's bio, she is very busy with her own career as well.

"Name: Erin Ryder

History: Erin loves to stay on the edge of adventure wherever she happens to be. From sky diving to bathing with leeches or eating goat testes, Ryder is willing to try anything once. Her drive has lead her all over the globe and helped her collect over six years of experience as a producer in the travel, entertainment, and sports industries. And while Ryder has tried her hand in all aspects of production, ranging from show idea development, directing, and writing, she loved the freedom of investigating out in the field for Destination Truth. As a producer she's worked on dozens of shows and her credits include: the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece, the 32nd Annual Daytime Emmys, as well as the Summer and Winter X Games. She's worked for such diverse networks such as NBC, ABC, CBS, Discovery Channel, MTV, VH1, ESPN, Cartoon Network and the CW. Ryder grew up in New York and currently resides in Los Angeles, California. She holds a Master's degree in Television, Radio and Film from Syracuse University's Newhouse School."

www.syfy.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am a big fan of destination truth. Thank you for welcoming me. Ever since I have started watching it, I have felt that they will be the first of the paranormal/cryptozoology shows to find irrefutable evidence, because of the incredible lengths they go to in their investigation. It's hard to imagine ghost hunters or other investigation teams to climb mountains, search through caves, go diving, etc. though I guess in ghost hunting its not typically necessary! I loved Paranormal Files: Fact or Faked, though I am not yet sold on "Beast Legends".

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Precisely! I am thrilled by their desire to cover their cases from multiple angles.

Great style, mixed with a passion to collect strong data!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The good thing about Wednesday is...it is the day before Thursday!

Hopefully the abandoned Japanese mining town provides some good evidence!

www.syfy.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Happy Destination Truth day to everyone!

Has anyone heard about where else Team Truth is going today besides the mining town?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There's lots of "Lochness Monster" accounts out there...Mokele Mobembe (Africa), Chaddie (can't remember where), Champ (US), and others. The African one's intriguing, because there's no tourism angle to perpetuating it, and its from oral tradition, and tribal art (weird how these guys would know what a dinosaur looks like)....

With Chaddie, they even have a photo of an old digested corpse taken from a whale, but alas, the preserved sample went missing very soon after it was recovered. Probably in a rich collector's private collection somewhere (or a crate in a big, secret warehouse...
)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Those are interesting!

I found these links on the African one:

mokelembembe.com...

and this link provides a great description on each expedition to that area where the Mokele-mbembe has been reported. Really interesting stuff here:

www.trueauthority.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join