It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ten Commandments Do NOT exist....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

No, there are no peer reviewed studies done. It has not been out there long enough, nor garnered enough attention yet. It's just like anything new: nobody is interested until everybody is interested, get it?
I would LOVE to see some other linguists get involved with The Chronicle Project. That way, more could be translated and revealed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Good luck trying to find an expert in ancient hebrew to back this.
They would have to chuck that 50,000 dollar degree on their wall, all of their research and come forward to say...hey I think these guys are on to something. That's like asking the oil companies to get excited about someone discovering free cold fusion and giving it away.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have been following this and it seems to make sense. what doesn't make sense is how this could be overlooked for so long, if this is the true reading of the book. I hope this project continues, as I would like read the rest.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Sounds more like you did the translation from your own life. Although, I must admit I found a lot of truth in your statements.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
Paraphrased English version

I'll say...

This seems like a horrendous translation, if in fact it is a translation and not someone simply rewriting an already existing document to fit their beliefs and then calling it a translation.

Still reeks of sun worshiping to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Reeks of sun worship? Where'd that come from? Did you check out anything else on the site, any translation notes, or did you glance at the link and dismiss it out of hand? I would ask that you go back and try to spend a little time on there before you decide it's not worth your time and effort.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

I'm ready for more to be translated, too! There will always be more to be revealed. After all, the Word is a living thing, right? Can it really be expected to remain static and unchanging? Do we really believe that God wouldn't have more to be revealed as we approach such a time as this?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't know about peer reviewed, but out of the head of the projects own mouth:

"Thanks for posting our stuff. I thought I would answer some of the questions. We discovered this stuff in 2007 and it took two years just to properly assemble the data. We then contacted over 200 "experts" and sent them our stuff. 200 experts shunned us. Then [..] got wind of our stuff and posted it. This is the first time we were given exposure about 5 months ago. Each letter is a word. You can find the list in the how to notes, which it appears the people here had problem understanding. We just posted a paraphrased version of the first book this morning so it doesn't sound like Yoda is talking."

I already said it in another thread, but I'll say it again. If it was outright rejected by TWO HUNDRED experts, then I think that is quite telling.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by one_man24

And I said this and I'll say it again: the experts in any field outright reject anything new, if it is not of their own discovery. How many times, in science, medicine, religion, ad nauseum have we seen this? If you can only ever believe what the "experts" tell you is true, what on earth are you doing on ATS? This cannot be a good place for you. After all, everything here is just a theory, right? How can you visit and participate here without an experts opinion?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I hate to do this, but I'll borrow a line from an evolutionist I speak with often, who is a good friend of mine i might add:

The burden of proof is yours (theirs?) to bear.

I see no proof whatsoever to believe any of this. I've read the site, and it seems to me that it is pure conjecture. I'm not an expert, so I'll take the word of someone, 200 someones actually, who is an expert over your thoughts, and my own, anyday. You ask me what I'm doing on ATS? Not buying into anything I see that has no peer review, no subjective analysis, no mention in the mainstream news whatsoever (this is so mind bottlingly ground breaking, isn't it?), a bunch of jumbled nonsense they are trying to pass off as the "proper" interpretation of scripture, that has been shunned (the word Chris himself used) by 200 EXPERTS in the field. What are you doing on ATS? Jumping on some idiot's bandwagon, and insulting me for pointing out what anyone who researches this thoroughly should be able to see?

edit on 16-9-2010 by one_man24 because: to clarify: I said "I hate to do this" because i hate the statement "the burden of proof is yours to bear", and to let you all know ahead of time that i said "mind bottling" on purpose. I just like Blades of Glory.

edit on 16-9-2010 by one_man24 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But you haven't researched this thoroughly. That was my point. You call it

a bunch of jumbled nonsense

because you glance over it and dismiss it. I think this means that it's just not for you right now. That's alright with me. And I wasn't being insulting. Anyone who says they will take unknown experts opinions about a subject that they know nothing about without trying to proof it for themselves doesn't need to worry about this. That is as good a reason to ignore my own thoughts about 911 or extraterrestrial life because the gubmint experts say they have all the truth, right?

edit on 9/16/10 by jennybee35 because: Hey, I wondered where "mind-bottling" came from!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Not when your informants on Extraterrestrials and 9/11 bring forth very clear, concise, and understandable proof to the table, which they have and do on many occasions. In case your interested in my opinions, I don't actually believe in aliens. I think it's more along the line of a tool the government uses to keep us in fear and out of the know on what's really going on. I do, however, believe there is something to 9/11 thing. But there you have it. That is the process. I take in the information from others research, do my own research (very much an amateur here), and then formulate my own opinion. I'm sorry if I came across as rude, and I feel a little bad because I don't want you to think I have a vendetta against the Chronicle Project (or yourself for that matter). Your threads on it have been very well put together, and are thought provoking for discussion. But I just don't believe it's right. Thanks for being so civil. There isn't enough of that around here these days.

lol mindbottling www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-9-2010 by one_man24 because: to add funny link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Listen I LOVE to debate, but hate to fight! I do my best to dial it down a notch if it looks like things are getting personal. I am not here to argue anyone to belief. I just wanna make sure that the info is available for those who want it. If it is not right for you at this time, I wouldn't even begin to try to sway you.

I don't believe in aliens, either. I just couldn't think of many broad-reaching subjects that garner controversy. You can bet that most people have their own opinion about those two things, though!
Blades of Glory....bwahahahaha!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And I said this and I'll say it again: the experts in any field outright reject anything new, if it is not of their own discovery. How many times, in science, medicine, religion, ad nauseum have we seen this? If you can only ever believe what the "experts" tell you is true, what on earth are you doing on ATS? This cannot be a good place for you. After all, everything here is just a theory, right? How can you visit and participate here without an experts opinion?

Come have a look. Above Top Secret

edit on 17-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Wow, I'm new to sites like this, and then I encounter someone on a conspiracy site asking if experts agree with it.
The only reason "experts" even pretend to believe in UFOs is because enough average people stood up and took a stand.
Now these people find this, post logical research and your asking for experts to step forward and say
"Hey you know all that work and stuff I wrote about Hebrew...well its all garbage! But thats okay cause a bunch of unpapered average people found what was right in front of our eyes all the time.

After all, no scientist ever lets ego get in the way of truth...right?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

I have such trouble believing that supposedly "awake and aware" people could still be so blind. It just goes to show that even when we say we don't trust the "experts", that we know they hide the truth, we still have to wait on them to declare that something is legitimate. I hate that that mind-set is still so deeply ingrained in our psyche. Even though I know that the Chronicle Project is true, and that it is a gift from Yahweh, revealed for our generation, I am still searching to have it validated. Pretty sad. I just wish that everyone who laid eyes on it could have the scales removed and see what is right in front of them before it is taken away.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

re sabbath decree....this one correlates well to ' man was not made for the sabbath but the sabbath for man....something the few loyal temple masons reminded the talmudists of the era of the second temple.

Im not sure where the poster is going with this as, as I read them, context and intent seem not to be at odds or issue with these 'new' translations....they support the current interpretations....where do you see the conflict?

Much of how a person percieves the 'commandments' or "decrees" relys on the contents of the mind and heart of the reader...read them in fear or suspicion, you get back threats, orders and domination...read them as guide to sound living, you receive guidance and sound insight....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I do agree with you in that they are not so shockingly different to me. But lots of people have a real issue with anything that seems to "change" the bible. They have always considered the commandments as this list of DO NOTS that they tend to forget they were given for our own safety and peaceful life. The way this translation reads to me is very clear and reasonable.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey, randy! I finally got to check out your thread. COOL! You certainly decided to jump in with both feet, dintcha? I'll have time in a little while to come and stir the pot! See ya there!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

hilarious

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join