It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive fish kill reported in Louisiana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Matter of fact, where are all the Big Plume folks? All the folks who claimed Big Plumes of oil was lurking in the Gulf?

They quieted down when it was discovered that the giant plumes settled to the gulf floor and was entering the DeSoto Canyon. This was further backed up by the official government scientists backing away from their original report that almost all of the oil could be accounted for and stated that much of the oil was still under water. BP oil spill: US scientist retracts assurances over success of cleanup

White House claims that the worst of the BP oil spill was over were undermined yesterday when a senior government scientist said three-quarters of the oil was still in the Gulf environment and a research study detected a 22-mile plume of oil in the ocean depths.

edit on 9-16-2010 by rogerstigers because: quote and typo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Again, nobody is fear mongering. American citizens have the right to question if the BP oil gusher and the use of dispersants is having an adverse effect on the environment.

I am the OP and I never stated as a fact that this was caused by BP, I asked the question.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

But now, all of a sudden, dangerous toxins are traveling upstream? How does dangerous toxins travel upstream?

ehhhh, c'mon
all of that crap from GOM was evaporated & rained inland -- in result, Great Mississippi is affected by that sh!t.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Here's a task for you and anyone else that may be up for it. It may answer your questions?
Some of you may remember a reply I posted in relation to corexit and how it dissolves oil or what ever but what drew my attention was that the people cleaning up the oil were putting it into plastic bags? Which are made from??

My question to you and others is....... Where did these bags go?
It "may" lead you to an answer, it may not.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You obviously never read anything i wrote.

i said that i think it's post glacial rebound.....or some other phenomena that is affecting the earth.

so anyways,i almost never believe what the news tells me.it's usually always negative garbage.but getting involved with sites like this is useless too when people like you that can't even take a second to read what someone wrote get on here and spew nonsense.

if you can't see that the fish are washing up everywhere then you haven't been watching.
look on youtube.type in dead fish or fish kill and look at the most recent posts.there are crestures dying and washing up at various locations wherever the currents would take them.
....is it connected?
i don't know.
but it sure seems that way.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

My question to you and others is....... Where did these bags go?

easiest way is to burn it out, second solution -- to apply bacterias to.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

Well where were these bags taken to be disposed of?
Chances of leaking somewhere else? Kinda funny how its managed to go upstream?
If its fact that fish are dying upstream then the only answers would be they swam there for obvious reasons or something is polluting from upstream?
How far up river does this go exactly?

Is it possible that these plastic bags were transported to another location and have gradually leaked due to the corexit content within the oil in the bags?
Its only a thought its not a prediction.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Kinda funny how its managed to go upstream?

toxic rains are one of the possibilities: sewer waters pour in the River from large area.

Is it possible that these plastic bags were transported to another location and have gradually leaked due to the corexit content within the oil in the bags?

very little chance is for so immense amount of toxins was leaked accidentally.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well where were these bags taken to be disposed of?

burnt.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Matter of fact, where are all the Big Plume folks? All the folks who claimed Big Plumes of oil was lurking in the Gulf?

They quieted down when it was discovered that the giant plumes settled to the gulf floor and was entering the DeSoto Canyon. This was further backed up by the official government scientists backing away from their original report that almost all of the oil could be accounted for and stated that much of the oil was still under water. BP oil spill: US scientist retracts assurances over success of cleanup

White House claims that the worst of the BP oil spill was over were undermined yesterday when a senior government scientist said three-quarters of the oil was still in the Gulf environment and a research study detected a 22-mile plume of oil in the ocean depths.

edit on 9-16-2010 by rogerstigers because: quote and typo

The data they were using was months old. It was mostly hydrocarbons at that time. They couldn't even determine how much of it was oil or other. But what they did say was it was not a thick plume of solid oil.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Source? Got a link to elaborate on that?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
so...just looking on youtube and i thought this was interesting/sort of related.

Youtube
Here is the picture he uses:

Google Maps

Here is the recent seismic activity in the area.

Let me know what you guys think...

edit on 16-9-2010 by srahhhhh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

I am the OP and I said that fish kills do occur naturally but the scale of this one is extremely unusual.

So you telling this board you have 5 billion years worth of data? Please present all this data that determines this is extremely unusual. Average life expectancy for a human is 80 years or so. When did you accumulate enough data to determine this is unusual? What's unusual in 5 billion years? Or 5 million years? Or 5 thousand years? Or 5 hundred years?

I mean really, what is classified as unusual in 80 years of life compared to 5 billion years this planet has been here?

Tell us who killed JFK then. Let's assume this happens every million years. That means it happened 5000 times already. And according to you, it's a natural occurrence.

A hundred years ago they didn't have PICTURES of every day life.

Go on record and say you have enough data to conclude this fish kill is unusual. Where is the data from 80 years ago or 800 years ago or 8,000 years ago or 8,000,000 years ago.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: he was smoking that weed. Getting ready for a new age of enlightenment. Also, he made a few errors in typing.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by srahhhhh
so...just looking on youtube and i thought this was interesting/sort of related.

Youtube
Here is the picture he uses:

Google Maps

Here is the recent seismic activity in the area.

Let me know what you guys think...

edit on 16-9-2010 by srahhhhh because: (no reason given)

I like this new edit thing. It's like a post in a post.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

i must acknowledge you're good player
yep, completely: along billions of years, massive extinction is no something new. however, no serious causes are to exclude most one of possible reasons for it: toxic matters of the well & dispersants cannot be so harmless to be beyond suspicion.

edit on 16-9-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Signs of regrowth seen in Gulf's oiled marshes

"In this Friday, Aug. 6, 2010. photo, a ribbon snake is seen on salvinia in a cypress swamp adjacent to marsh that stretches to the Gulf of Mexico in Barataria Preserve, part of Jean Lafitte National Park and Reserve outside Lafitte, La. This bay that was the scene of the first startling images of oil-caked birds already has shoots of marsh grass and mangroves growing back. The marsh is healing."
-Yahoo News

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ataw4EgqJLLw6WpCAFRx090PLBIF;_ylu=X3o'___'JwdTFhbD QxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwOTE2L3VzX3NjaV9ndWxmX29pbF9lYXRpbmdfYnVncwRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzUEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDc2xpZGVzaG93

Stories like this don't interest the fear monger's. It doesn't fit their agenda. Death and destruction is their interest. They sit and play into the politics of this spill. For the Gulf to heal means there was no apocalypse of epic proportions. Everyone is looking for some kind of BP handout. I call it disaster welfare. Everyone is trying to get PAID from this disaster by saying it was an apocalypse. And they can't get paid unless it is an apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

I am the OP and I said that fish kills do occur naturally but the scale of this one is extremely unusual.

So you telling this board you have 5 billion years worth of data? Please present all this data that determines this is extremely unusual. Average life expectancy for a human is 80 years or so. When did you accumulate enough data to determine this is unusual? What's unusual in 5 billion years? Or 5 million years? Or 5 thousand years? Or 5 hundred years?

I mean really, what is classified as unusual in 80 years of life compared to 5 billion years this planet has been here?

Tell us who killed JFK then. Let's assume this happens every million years. That means it happened 5000 times already. And according to you, it's a natural occurrence.

A hundred years ago they didn't have PICTURES of every day life.

Go on record and say you have enough data to conclude this fish kill is unusual. Where is the data from 80 years ago or 800 years ago or 8,000 years ago or 8,000,000 years ago.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: he was smoking that weed. Getting ready for a new age of enlightenment. Also, he made a few errors in typing.

You are talking nonsense. Billions of years? Are you serious?
I think people that have had families living in the gulf coast area for several generations are qualified enough to tell us if something is out of the ordinary.

You are right though, maybe 8,000,000 years ago this was normal,

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Paid BP shill,

You are right, everything is ok down on the gulf coast.

Go back to sleep everyone Come Clean says we are all fear mongering and everything is back to normal. Silly me for asking questions about how this massive fish kill occurred.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The marsh is healing.

complete retrieving takes many years & that fact is well-known for most of us. however, most subject to concern have been Sea Life & recent history shows worries of scientists have solid basis, you know.

edit on 17-9-2010 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have been away from the comp for the past few days, just here and there for a few minutes, I did look in the BP forum and did not see this thread, I went ahead and made another, it will be shut down so I brought my statements over and another look at the main picture...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95d02afd5011.jpg[/atsimg]

What you see above isn't a rural gravel road. It's a Louisiana waterway, its surface completely covered with dead sea life -- a mishmash of species of fish, crabs, stingray and eel. New Orleans CBS affiliate WWL-TV reports that even a whale was found dead in the area, a stretch of coastal Louisiana hit hard this summer by oil from BP's busted Gulf well.

Ok my heart is pumping and this news simply put scares the living day light out of me. if this is the future we face after the ongoing BP disaster and the rest of the antiquiated oil derriks along the Gulf Shores, man we are in deep trouble and I can sense something much much bigger on the horizon than what anyone can imagine at this point.

Fish kills are fairly common along the Gulf Coast, particularly during the summer in the area near the mouth of the Mississippi, the site of this kill. The area is rife with dead zones -- stretches where sudden oxygen depletion can cause widespread death. But those kills tend to be limited to a single species of fish, rather than the broad sort of die-off involved in this kill.

And therein lies the concern of Gulf residents, who suspect this may be yet another side effect of the catastrophic BP oil spill.

Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser sounded the alarm bells Monday, distributing the photos here to the local media. Nungesser said that no testing is currently planned to determine how the kill may relate to the BP oil disaster, but he pleaded with officials from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to investigate.

news.yahoo.com...

Dont know about you but I sat simply stunned by what the picture in the Op made me think and feel, at first the shock left me dumbfounded and then kind of dead on the inside too. After a while it touched on the heart in ways I cannot even share openly, it is beyond words.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join