It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Massive fish kill reported in Louisiana

page: 4
55
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezensurreal
 


Well apparently they aren't oiling the correct wheels (said with all sarcasm).

Second line.




posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just came on here to post the same thing....unbelievable. Every single dead fish in the area needs to be boxed up and mailed to BP's corporate headquarters.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
its not every day you see something youve never seen before. this is outrageous clearly, yet what to do about it? this may be off topic but now that this level of atrocity is at the doorstep, what can realistically even be done? theres an excellent chance that this is BP leak related imo. lets assume its true. now what? the corruption is all encompassing. nowhere to run. nobody significant will go to prison. should we vote our way to a better world? please. revolt? better be sure ur hardcore. i assure you the guys in the black kevlar and gas masks will be ready to rumble if push should come to shove. i think our collective goose is cooked. just sit back and watch the show. looks like its gonna be a good one.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Those pictures are intense.

I have a couple questions.

First what kind of impact does this have on the other species around the gulf? Does this make a huge dent in the ecosystem?

Second in the article it stated that usually fish kills are usually confined to a single species? How does that work? Do certain types of fish live on less oxygen than others? I know this question seems kind of ignorant but I'm seriously curious how does something like lack of oxygen usually only affect one species?

Thanks for this post, keep 'em coming!



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y
 
You people here never get sarcasm do you???


Well, that's exactly what I would be saying and that's exactly what many here call the tree-hugging environmentalists have been trying to sensitize the masses about for decades. Our ecosystem is a fragile whole where all life and elements are interconnected, but I'd rather think forward here. The same ones screaming their outrage now will be just satisfied to wrap this disaster in their favorite political conspiracy. In a week this will be forgotten to a new political brawl or some xenophobic antic.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
These fish have been washed up from the gulf region. You would not get that many fish in an area like this, and they all get trapped by low water levels. That's rubbish! The water could not handle such large quantities, even oxygen full!



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05
 


I concur that I will NOT be eating, nor will my family be eating any seafood thus forward! The lies, the cover-ups, are just too just too much for me to handle.

I seek truth. And so far, this is what we have gotten thus far.

1. There is a problem
2. There is a cover-up
3. Seafood is being shipped from coastal areas which were deemed "banned"
4. We have seafood that can possibly be contaminated...
5. Are you wanting to take the chance?

I'm sure there is more that I can add, but you get my drift....I'm sure.

God Bless!



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This isn't an isolated incident.
millions upon millions of dead sea creatures are washing up along coastlines all over the world!

i think it has something to do with post glacial rebound.methane glaciers melting.the oceans are not only changing temperatures but alot of gases and toxins are being released from thawing ice and then you also have increased volcanic activity and magnetic disturbances....and maybe 'they' are helping it along????
.....but then again i think the whole bp thing may be a deception.
why aren't they reporting the fish washing up all over the world in one story?
they don't want you to think about that.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez
 


You have hit this on the head, I don't consider myself a tree hugger, but completely agree that at the cost of making money we are on a EXPRESSWAY to killing ourselves off, not you and me, not our kids, but very possibly our great grandchildren or there children ..... not that far away, but far enough to not be a concern to 95% of the populace.

You have more outrage if there are too many homeless people close to someone's coffee shop than you do if they cut down every tree in a 500 square mile radios, or kill off a complete species of animal / fish plant or whatever.

People have become and intentionally trained to not make concessions or become inconvenienced for comfort or profit when it comes to nature and natural resources, let someone else worry about the outcome or affect.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"Although biologists with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) were sent to the fish kill to determine its cause, they declined an on-camera interview, instead releasing a statement to the press.
In her statement, Olivia Watkins, spokesperson for LDWF, said: “It was the result of low levels of dissolved oxygen. This particular body of water becomes isolated during periods of low tide. Low tide kept the fish trapped in the body of water without access to the Gulf, limiting the available dissolved oxygen and killing the fish.”

The Real Reason those fish died

So I think this latest attempt to fear monger has been debunked.


edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: For emphasis



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean
 


I don't think that debunks anything.

look at all of the creatures washing up all over the world right now.

it's not one isolated incident.this is global!



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickSkin
reply to post by Come Clean
 


I don't think that debunks anything.

look at all of the creatures washing up all over the world right now.

it's not one isolated incident.this is global!




I wonder, if the government said it was because of dispersant's then you would believe them. If they said it was not then you won't believe them.

Why do you guys only believe the government when it suits your agenda? The government said it was because of low tides. Why don't you believe that? Is it because you want it to be because of oil?

Well, it's not. It's a natural occurrence unless you can connect low tides to the oil spill.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez
 



You people here never get sarcasm do you???


sorry, my friend, but to recognize sarcasm is too difficult at times. however, i'm agreed with simple idea: time to time, humans need to joke, even at the brink of the own death -- that gives at least miserable chance to breach through troubles



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean
 



The government said it was because of low tides.

so powerful tides
just look at this



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
"Although biologists with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) were sent to the fish kill to determine its cause, they declined an on-camera interview, instead releasing a statement to the press.
In her statement, Olivia Watkins, spokesperson for LDWF, said: “It was the result of low levels of dissolved oxygen. This particular body of water becomes isolated during periods of low tide. Low tide kept the fish trapped in the body of water without access to the Gulf, limiting the available dissolved oxygen and killing the fish.”

The Real Reason those fish died

So I think this latest attempt to fear monger has been debunked.


edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: For emphasis



Debunked, really? If this was the case then wouldn't this event occur just about every time there was a low tide?
Think about it. They are just trying to deflect blame by saying this is a natural occurance.

I don't believe that explanation for a second.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead
 


Even the OP said it was something that has happened before.

I understand you guys NEED for it to be oil. I understand that as Americans we always need a boogie man to get stuff done around here. I understand that you guys like conspiracies and whatnots.

Sometimes it is what it is. Sometimes, its a natural occurrence. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy or whatnot.

Where is the Governor of Louisiana weighing in on this? He is the leader of that State. You guys claim States have rights correct? So where is the leader of that State weighing in on this matter? Why would he let something like this happen without launching an investigation? Oh wait, he did launch an investigation and his people said it was a natural occurence.

So instead of blaming BP try blaming the Governor of Louisiana. Matter of fact, he's been very quiet for the last 3 months. Instead of fear mongering get this man on record about the status of the Gulf. Is the water good or bad? He can't answer that simple question?


edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: was drunk



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
I wonder, if the government said it was because of dispersant's then you would believe them. If they said it was not then you won't believe them.



Not really. I wouldn't believe them if they said it was Corexit unless they publish the test results for independant evaluation. We have a government that *blatently* lies to the public. Nothing they say should be taken at face value.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
reply to post by Erasurehead
 


Even the OP said it was something that has happened before.

I understand you guys NEED for it to be oil. I understand that as Americans we always need a boogie man to get stuff done around here. I understand that you guys like conspiracies and whatnots.

Sometimes it is what it is. Sometimes, its a natural occurrence. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy or whatnot.

Where is the Governor of Louisiana weighing in on this? He is the leader of that State. You guys claim States have rights correct? So where is the leader of that State weighing in on this matter? Why would he let something like this happen without launching an investigation? Oh wait, he did launch an investigation and his people said it was a natural occurence.

So instead of blaming BP try blaming the Governor of Louisiana. Matter of fact, he's been very quiet for the last 3 months. Instead of fear mongering get this man on record about the status of the Gulf. Is the water good or bad? He can't answer that simple question?


edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: was drunk



I am the OP and I said that fish kills do occur naturally but the scale of this one is extremely unusual. The Parish President is very concerned. There is a video of an interview of him in the link from my OP.

People that live in the area have stated that amount of fish and the number of different species effected is unusual and they are highly concerned. Did you read the posts from the people that live near there? Don't you think they would have said if this a natural occurance and it happens all the time?

I think it is not unreasonable to question if this may have been caused by the oil gusher and the use of dispersants. So it's not fear mongering it is a valid question.

I have to question what your motives are, why are you trying so hard to defend BP?



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
reply to post by Erasurehead
 


Even the OP said it was something that has happened before.

I understand you guys NEED for it to be oil. I understand that as Americans we always need a boogie man to get stuff done around here. I understand that you guys like conspiracies and whatnots.

Sometimes it is what it is. Sometimes, its a natural occurrence. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy or whatnot.

Where is the Governor of Louisiana weighing in on this? He is the leader of that State. You guys claim States have rights correct? So where is the leader of that State weighing in on this matter? Why would he let something like this happen without launching an investigation? Oh wait, he did launch an investigation and his people said it was a natural occurence.

So instead of blaming BP try blaming the Governor of Louisiana. Matter of fact, he's been very quiet for the last 3 months. Instead of fear mongering get this man on record about the status of the Gulf. Is the water good or bad? He can't answer that simple question?


edit on 16-9-2010 by Come Clean because: was drunk



Ok maybe I'll give you a break becuase you were drunk when writing this, but come on! Come clean!

Sober up and stop sticking your head in the blackened sand! There have been cover ups surrounding this disaster from day one, just go to the BP forum, so I don't have to do the work.

Please also post a picture of an oxygen deprived fish kill in LS that looks like this....yeah you can't find one huh!

Sometimes things are not what we're told.



posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Matter of fact, where are all the Big Plume folks? All the folks who claimed Big Plumes of oil was lurking in the Gulf?

All that was debunked! There are no plumes of oil lurking beneath the Gulf. There are no plumes of dangerous toxins traveling UPSTREAM into channels and bayous. Last time I checked, those Big Plumes were headed away from the coastal plains according to scientist using outdated data. But now, all of a sudden, dangerous toxins are traveling upstream? How does dangerous toxins travel upstream?

Just stop all the fear mongering and let the economy heal. But of course, a good economy isn't what you guys want to happen right? What you guys need is for the coastal states to have a bad economy.



new topics

top topics



 
55
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join