It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive fish kill reported in Louisiana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
OK. I hesitate to jump to a conclusion that it is oil spill related. The pictures are stunning though.

So we know this...

Fish kills happen in this area.

The scale of this particular fish kill "seems" unusual.

Fish kills that involve several different species are less common.

Here is what makes me want to scream...."No testing is occuring to determine if this fish kill is related to the BP oil spill"

WHAT the EF??? Whatever the cause...why not test???? If it is what some claim, just an ordinary fish kill, run the tests!!! Prove your claim,

Reasons for not running the tests?....

(1) BP influence...monetary/political or both.
(2) Local economy, if the test shows this is BP related it could hammer the local fishing industry even more.

Niether reason is sufficient to risk the health of seafood consumers or justifies turning a blind eye to the potential ongoing enviromental damage.

Whatever it is...test it. Anything less is irresponsible and speaks to corruption and cover-up IMO.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

You higlighted the point that makes this fish kill different than most, all varities of fish have died.
When it is just low oxygen, its usually one or two varieties that die.

From the OP

The fish were found in an area that has been impacted by the oil from the BP oil spill, the parish said.

The dead fish include pogies, redfish, drum, crabs, shrimp and freshwater eel, the parish said.

Even though this is the third massive fish kill in an area inpacted by the BP Gulf Oil Gusher, I doubt that the EPA will allow anyone to investigate. They are really complicit right now, with BP in the coverup. And if they are not strong enough, they will call in Homeland to fend off the scientists, and biologists that normally would investigate.

Its sick, really sick.

edit on 15-9-2010 by burntheships because: formating

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It is sick- when it looks like a gravel road.

I did miss the part about the "freshwater" Eels!
But this is what got me to post. I have seen the dead zone maps, but this seemed more severe than normal.

The area is rife with dead zones -- stretches where sudden oxygen depletion can cause widespread death. But those kills tend to be limited to a single species of fish, rather than the broad sort of die-off involved in this kill.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh my god. I have hard time to believe that. At first, I thought it was a gravelroad but the second picture clearly show dead grave of plenty of fish

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here is an update on the story:

Hundreds of Thousands of Dead Fish in Bayou Near Mississippi River; Oil, Chemical Dispersant, Oxygen Levels Eyed as Culprits

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

From your update:

In the meantime, the parish has asked the two federal agencies, the EPA and NOAA, to investigate the fish kills. As for the dead whale, the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is currently storing it in a freezer. They are now in discussions with NOAA and the Audubon Institute about who will conduct the necropsy to determine the cause of death.

Here is where its going to get rotten...

The continued cover up has been aided by the Federal Government!

primarily the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Coast Guard. Gulf Coast residents, and the rest of the world, are still being lied to and purposely mislead. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) aren't thoroughly testing seafood from areas of the spill for dangerous chemicals either. As with all the other Government cover ups, many will die due to their illicit actions and the vast majority of those involved in the cover up will receive total impunity for their criminal actions. The Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health (CTEH) is also being paid by BP to keep the spill covered up.

Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

edit on 15-9-2010 by burntheships because: format

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe the microbes engineered to eat the oil like to eat the oil in organisms too. I got some really nasty microbes that invaded my kitchen sink and I bet they came from the gulf. Who let them release new microbes anyway? These can cause much more havoc than oil, which nature has dealt with for millions of years.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Fish today, people tomorrow? Where is the EPA and CDC? Why aren't the various federal agencies tasked with protecting the public investigating? It looks like they are just sitting on their hands and telling everyone that all is fine, don't worry just like they did with the oil spill.
Sad and disgusting.
Those dead fish were probably not all from that one area but were washed there with the tides. A waterway that size probably would not have quite that many fish in it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
reply to post by SimplyGord

I had the same question. How does this get cleaned up?
Do they just leave it to nature?

It really is unbelievable to look at.

BP, will do something about it!
Have no fear! lol

They really should listen to this guy!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-9-2010 by Ezensurreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
AWWWW COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN IS THIS GONNA END! BP makes me sick!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is so heartbreaking and very scary, too! I've never seen this many dead fish before! My son was just saying that he wanted some Fried Oysters and Fried Shrimp, so I showed him this picture, and I told him not to eat anything from the Gulf, and to stick to freshwater fish from much farther inland! How far from the Gulf was this? This is so sad! I don't know what will happen to the livelihood of South Louisiana!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
that's so good evidence about being of super-puper-mega-new-magical bacteria which no consumes Oxygen.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No worry! There probably going to be a conspiracy theory about this massive kill fish being a media stunt to distract the masses from something else, you know just like the oil spill. Plus, it’s not like it's human life, just dead fish!

Anyway, as long as the masses can still continue their inane political partisan bickering on this disaster, everything will be all right!
Nothing so see here. In a week, it will be over.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
dollar clans, feds are the crowd of moronic clowns, they got msgs to take another way, but'ir brainless heads have kept the funny idea about self-divine entity too hard. to conceal Disaster of so wide scale is impossible: any attempts just hella worsen situation.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Plus, it’s not like it's human life, just dead fish!

Just to inform you: meaning of some kinds of insects & animals is more weighty for Eco-System of Earth than whole mankind, moreover, mankind is completely useless for Nature. dead Rivers, dead Seas... -- what should you hope to eat & to drink???????

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nothing to say but just plain SAD...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Kill everything in the river, and he can pull out his own fish." ... Well, for awhile anyways.

edit on 15-9-2010 by TheMalefactor because: snark

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i am not american i am from a nation far away i cannot understand why your govenment does nothing except for the fact that they dont care

but you know what i do care there is a crime being commited here and in law all crimes must be investigated or reported or your committing a crime

all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing

people action is required your govenment and its agencys do nothing but hide this crime

there is a federal govenment law that states if wildlife dies because of chemical spills oil ect then each fish each dolphin each life that gets taken is inistself a seperate fine

document and test these fish yourselfs and send bp and the govenment the bill

the world is watching your politicians poisen the WORLDS oceans and our lagest food source for bps benifit

who are these people stopping prosicutions and clean up

this ongoing murder of the gulf affects the world your poiticians and your lack of action is discraceful

i beleive this large scale MURDER will only be stopped as thousands maby millions of humans die

well what about the worlds largest food source ?

if the oceans die so do all of us

corexit = corrects the population to 500,000

this is a blood sacrifice to satan and when the food wars start i will be on the side of the wales and fishes

and not on the side that let evil kill the world

im a very angry man atm

anyone not taking action to stop this madness is guilty of genoside of a whole ecosystem

xploder

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In some way connected to this I want to point out that earlier this year 2010 in the Southern Hemisphere winter time in PERU and BOLIVIA, but also in the AMAZON and PARAGUAY and URUGUAY and ARGENTINA and CHILE, there was a similar incident where everything in the rivers died. They were blaming it on the extremely cold conditions this southern hemisphere winter 2010. However pollution has not been entirely ruled out either. If you go to the following hyperlink > ICE AGE NOW < you can read about this, and other problems, being caused by the return of ICE AGE climate all around the world brought on by a combination of natural factors, completely removed from any human influences. Humans can cause pollution, but climate change is a completely natural cycle. Pollution like as BENZENE C6H6 occur naturally, but obviously after a spill such as the DEEPWATER HORIZON in the Gulf of Mexico the level of BENZENE C6H6 in the environment is going to be severely higher. BENZENE C6H6 is extremely toxic to aquatic life forms. Lethal. Human beings are resilient but cannot survive it. I am worried that the population are already suffering the effects of exposure to BENZENE C6H6.

edit on 15/9/2010 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

OH MY GOD!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join