It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

The great thing is that natural selection will eventually correct this.

Women who act like men, or lack natural femininity, aren't as attractive, and consequently won't breed as much as ''girly girls''.

Meterosexual men that act like women, or lack natural masculinity, aren't as attractive, and consequently won't breed as much as a ''man's man''.

My guess is, you have not been to the Hamptons.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
I don't dress like a slut but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look a little sexy once in a while. It's a girl thing...

Which is either done to:

1. Make men leer at you in a sexual manner, and get their attention.

2. Make other women jealous.

3. Boost self-confidence.

While I can sympathise with no. 3, the other two reasons are extremely shallow.

Why would any ''strong, independent woman'' need to ''look sexy'' ?

Or are ''strong, independent women'' really just insecure people, that constantly crave attention from men without admitting it, and constantly absorbed with trying to be the ''Queen B''...

''Sisters are doing it for themselves''.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I don't dress like a slut but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look a little sexy once in a while. It's a girl thing...

... and I'm so glad you girls feel that way. It's a guy thing.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Unknown Origin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i don't think this guy hates men even though he calls them sluts. so are women who behave like men, sexually, really horrible for doing the same thing? i dunno. i suppose you could justify as not good for several reasons, but wouldn't those same reasons apply to men? what husband doesn't want his wife to at least be happy in the sack? i know in some places in the world, the woman's happy spot is removed so she won't enjoy sex at all. gotta wonder what gets into people's heads sometimes.

I haven't actually got any sound on my computer, at the moment, so I can't hear what that guy is saying.

It's still pretty scary watching him with no sound, though.

The thing is that, in general, men and women have different biological attitudes towards sex.

I think the sex drive is much the same between genders, it's just that it manifests itself differently.

Even the sluttiest women don't sleep with that many men, compared to how many people a man would sleep with, if women reciprocated the male approach to sex.

Take some gay guys, for example, who sleep with 500+ men, per year, because they can have casual sex at a whim, with other men that have similar male attitudes towards sex.

I doubt even the easiest girls chalk up that number.

Then, to reiterate, there's the main reason why female sexual promiscuity is frowned upon; because women get pregnant.

It makes sense biologically and socially for a woman to be selective with who she has sexual relations with.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: Added text.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It makes sense biologically and socially for a woman to be selective with who she has sexual relations with.

yep, and common sense is the one ingredient the debate will never have.
it' s gotta do that pendulum from extreme to extreme. also, it makes sense biologically and socially, for men to be extremely careful as well, since the advent of STDs of various kinds.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
also, it makes sense biologically and socially, for men to be extremely careful as well, since the advent of STDs of various kinds.

Not as much.

Firstly, if you ''wrap up well'' then you can considerably limit the possibility of contracting STDs ( although, of course there are other potential ways to catch them, where a condom won't be of any use ).

Secondly, someone getting an STD, is similar to a woman getting pregnant. ie. You take your chance, and you can't blame anyone else for the consequence of your actions.

We take a basic ''risk assessment test'' before we take part in any sexual relations.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

REALLY ???? MEN HATE WOMEN???????? WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

I think this thread and the OP are starting to prove the relevance of this thread

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

I think this thread and the OP are starting to prove the relevance of this thread
How so? Examples would be nice.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

i've pondered this as well, as it applies to myself, particularly. as an adolescent, it was all about the attention, the stylin', as it were. didn't matter if the compliment was from other females or males, as regards appreciation for its artistic value. however, it was most appreciated from the opposite sex if the person happened to be equally interesting to look at. in a sense, appearance is not just an expression of your availability or interest in others opinions, but it also can provide quick answers to things like class distinction, taste in music, pop culture ideology, sexual identity (hetero, homo, bi), religious leaning, scholastic interests and so on. and in cases where the weather dictates the fashion, it can suggest place of origin (think white sand beaches vs. snow capped mountains vs. green meadows and etc.).

as a young to middle aged adult, it was all about what seemed to fit within my personal ideologies + what hubby expressed to be the most attractive attire of my available wardrobe. if i could meld those two things, it was a success.

and as 50 something year old, it's now a matter of practicality, although i'm still interested in not being an eye sore for my better half, i know he understands that the energy and expense of trying to look good is contingent on good health and sufficient money, both of which are currently in short supply.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

How so? Examples would be nice.

Originally posted by Interfacer

REALLY ???? MEN HATE WOMEN???????? WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arguments and posts such as these.

edit on 15-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: fixed

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

About friggin' time someone makes a thread as an answer to these despicable reactionary/machist threads trying to blame feminism for the problems some mens have with womens... just like this one:

abovetopsecret.com...

There was a major problem plaguing human society for centuries, and in the West, for millenias, and it's PATRIARCHY!

Males have been socially-programmed to be power-hungry dogs, and their power must be balanced as much as possible with the "other power", or womens and childrens can go back in the position of slaves as they've been for a very long time. And for this, there is still a LOT of work to do, on both sides, on all sides of the gender arena.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrbanRenMan1
I think men definitly perpetuate their stereotype in most cases...but this is the destroyed part, the manipulated part...im not a chovanist pig, or i dont objectify women...I look right in their face when i'm talking to them....i more objectify men, lol...!

Oh there are those words "chovanist pig". I was around when that word came into use as a catch all when women didnt get their way. It was a beatdown. Look real hard and you cant really find such a thing in the suggested misogny movement.

I suggest that the said rise of misogyny has come from the generation of young males that saw their fathers reduced in the 80s and 90s.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Logarock because: re post

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by UrbanRenMan1

First off, thank you for not walking around with your balls hanging out of your shorts. Second, I'm pretty sure you should just stick with men. Us "walking vaginas" wouldn't wanna upset you by showing a little too much leg or cleavage. You say that you are bisexual, but imo it sounds like women disgust you. I don't dress like a slut but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look a little sexy once in a while. It's a girl thing...

Wrong? Depends how you like to market yourself as a hunk of meat.

Seems to be more a systemic thing than a "girl thing"... Not that I don't like to see a young women showing a lot of her delicious curves, but it makes me fell like a consumer slave.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There is far more expectation on the woman than there ever was. In the UK, it is the norm for couples to both work and work longer hours [increase in house prices doesn’t help]. The quality time has been massively reduced and there are massive social pressured from everywhere, I think this has much to do with the high divorce rate as men hating women.

It is interesting that the original comment mentions internet blogs, it does feel like people become someone else when they are on line – probably more base and uncontrolled.

I do think though that going through history, we are getting closer to sex equality although the dogma of the great religions always pull us back into Mediaeval thinking

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Actually now that men don't have to run around hunting prey with spears, they've settled down and let their mind's work making them the fasting evolving animal in the world as of this moment.

They're catching up.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Men have been in power for so long that equality of the sexes is a threat that many of the are not willing to face. This can appear to be hatred of women and can grow into hatred of women, but remember, the driving force behind hatred is fear. What they hate is the possibility that women will have as much political, economic and social power as they do and have for many, many years.

It's similar to the people who are "afraid" that soon, whites will be in the minority. They wonder what we will do then! They think something terrible is going to happen because whites are no longer the dominant race. I don't want to turn this thread into something about race, but it's a similar fear, I think.

No one seems to be able to think properly anymore. The Feminist movement is not about equality, it is about making sure women are too busy (just like men) to raise people that think for themselves. It is about bluring the lines and creating confusion and children with a confused compass. It is about making women not feminine but masculine. It is about taking the leadership role defusing it to the point that no one makes any decent decisions and the masses become confused.

I will bet you the Elite do not play this game at all.

You mention whites fearing becoming the minority?

We have ALWAYS been the minority and we still built this world and even put a person on the moon. We trailblazed this modern world and now we are being demonized as the enemy.

I wonder who would have it in for the White male? I wonder what race dominates media? Who were the victims of the Aryans gone nuts in WWII? Why are our young girls attracted to other than white males? Who gave them this idea of who is the strong male figure and who is not?

Who is running this game on all of us ridiculously politically correct unable to have an original thought people?

We had better get a handle on this high stakes game before the world spins out of control the rest of the way.

Turning women into some kind of non attractive on the inside masculine ball breakers is just one small facet.

The game is becoming old to those that are aware. Women you had much more power when you were feminine. Now you are just one of us...no mystery just masculine thinking.

No love to balance the action.

edit on 16-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: I'm a dork

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Interesting. I would like to hear more on the problem of men reducing in the 80s and 90s. What was involved in the process?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You really don't know? In the beginning there was a show called "Married With Children" and it followed with many many more TV shows and commercials that depict the all American white male as a bumbling non sexual fool that was afraid to state what he really felt. We were and have been reduced down from the proud men that once took this world, a man of action a real man.

It is about balance. The male is of action the female of love. The male the accelerator peddle the female the break. It works. The world worked properly. Now its just a mess because no one is in the drivers seat!

Do you like your men reduced down to being a quiet lower you head and let the storm pass kind of person?

Or would you rather have a Knight in Shining Armour takes command?

We have ALL been played.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join