It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Im sorry but its getting just ridiculous how some are so narrow minded.

Apologies, I will try to make sure future comments are to better contribute to the discussion.

No, I am not on either side of the argument, I am about equality for both sexes; its just hilarious how some here just scream equality about basic and civil rights but their very arguments trample the rights of others.
I dont know if its just stubborn arrogance or ignorance. Maybe both?

The issue is that feminism WAS originally THOUGHT to equalize the rights of men to women. Voting, driving, employment, and so on.

Atleast thats what most feministic women felt it was about, but it was really meant to bring about the destruction of how men and women perceive eachother by forcing them to compete, cause bias, animosity, and prejudice. This causing a negative perception for both sexes in which many women AND men fall victim and inhibit or even disrupt the likelyhood of a healthy and loving relationship.

edit on 17-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: reworked comment

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
That is the whole purpose of this kind of attack and the ones talking like this are representatives of the word Misogyny, they are defining it.

This about equality, not singling out perceived injustices that have happened to themselves or a friend, or a bad experience with a woman.

This thread has nothing to do with equality, it's a petty response to another thread which itself was rather petty. How exactly does either thread advance equality? I am also interested as to you quoting me in your reply, are you honestly calling me a misogynist for raising concerns that men are in some areas being unfairly treated?

I have argued both sides, men and women should both be treated the same.

As for your story, there are most certainly two sides to everything, you will believe your friend and the guys friends will believe him. If it's true then the guy needs to be locked up for the rest of his life, he's not a simple misogynist, he's a nut case. The police however are sadly limited to investigate such things, whether it's an abusive husband or wife.

But if you want to talk equality you should understand that an abused woman is more likely to get help from the police than an abused man and indeed men who are abused are often laughed at in society. But hey if i raise concerns over this i'm a sexist aren't i?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Actually it wasn't a petty response. I read many of the posts on the other thread, and noted the women hating that emanated from them vibe quite well. This thread is discussing that vibe, and labeling it as misogyny. Misogyny is indeed the suppression of women, world wide and historically. It has to do with the energies, for women represent cooperation, unity, peace, safety for all children and surival/existance as shared, not slave work force hours men get roped into, because they're already on a full time job with families. Its the opposite equality of values, needed, that the bloodline controllers slave masters want to see reflected in policies, and this is the reason women have been nonstop put down, for their inequality, forced employment/slavery and war machines to continue.

Also I know a lot of people, and have heard their life stories, and very very few men have ever been in the same kind of situations. There is one exception, I will note, but he never was in danger in the same way, he could have subdued her, she was only 5' 2". But his own upbringing made him passive and she was the most abusive 5 ' 2" I ever met.

And, in case you didnt read the full post, the woman who was chased for real by the chain saw, survived by a miracle and a big jump from a 2 story building, she didn't get the help she needed from the police, they believed his speil without even checking the house for the chain saw, because they were sexist themselves, and of course most of the women in the family domestic situations were so unbalanced and disturbed, twisting it all around. Poor dear couldnt have noticed she was being chased by a chain saw. They didn't ask the neighbors if they heard it either, and they all did.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Is misogyny bad? Yep absolutely and without question.

However the word is now used as a battering ram to stop anyone questioning the more extreme aspects of feminism. When i bring up these genuine concerns i am called a misogynist and this is all i tried to get through to the OP on both this and the other thread.

The anti-woman vibe in the other thread exists, however the OP seems to think that any criticism of feminism is coming from men and those men are sexists. Therefore this thread is most certainly a petty response.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You don't understand the punch in the gut that happens whenever you read hateful anti women posts if you're a woman unless you live in a society where its common for men to encounter this as they grow up nonstop, which despite many remarks trying to suggest we do, we actually don't. I'm glad this thread popped up. It was needed.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Actually the thread does have some relevance with the issue of equality. Feminists believe they should have equal rights, privileges, and treatment that men receive. However, in many cases, with feminism, it undermines many qualities of what define men directly and indirectly. Anyone, including men and women, who raise concerns for feminism, are accused of being misogynists to discredit their arguments.

However, feminism in many areas is being extremely abused, just as you pointed out with individuals of both sexes being abused. Other cases being that in the work place to where women want to be equal but want specific accommodations due to being female. This causing bias and animosity between the sexes.

Men are also guilty of fanning the flames by not being a gentlemen and courteous to a woman’s needs and true values. However it is difficult for anyone on any side to feel sympathy for one another when forced to compete with each other in so many aspects of life.

edit on 17-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

You don't understand the punch in the gut that happens whenever you read hateful anti women posts if you're a woman unless you live in a society where its common for men to encounter this as they grow up nonstop, which despite many remarks trying to suggest we do, we actually don't. I'm glad this thread popped up. It was needed.

I agree completely that i cannot understand the position a woman finds herself in when she encounters such insults, nor can you understand the position a man finds himself in when he tries to point out some unfair areas of the modern feminist movement and is then shouted down as a misogynist. So ironically we are equal in that regard

edit on 17-9-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I never said being a male sympathizer or a female sympathizer was a bad thing. We all need those who are sympathetic to our causes. So I still do not understand why I am hypocritical for wondering if the poster were not a male sympathizer? Feminist is a female sympathizer, I have been called that all thread, why is male sympathizer such a hypocritical thing to say?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Because you used the term male sympathiser as a seemingly bad thing, a way to disregard what i was saying. That is why it is hypocritical. How about you leave such terms alone and deal with facts. Lets deal with some basic questions.

1. Does Misogyny exist?

Absolutely and without contest it does.

2. Do Misandry exist?

Yes in my opinion and without question however it is hidden better than misogymy. Feminism is used as an excuse in the modern age.

Now we have to ask a question. Why is it ok to discuss issues relating to how women are opporessed but it is not ok to discuss the issues regarding areas where men are most certainly not being represented. Why is it wrong to point out that men are having issues regarding custody, alimony and other such things.

The answer is simply that the modern feminist movement is nothing like the past one. The past movement concerned itself with aquiring equal rights, the modern movement is more concerned with protecting women at any cost regardless of whether this leads to men being disenfranchised. The modern movement is just as bad as the men that the past movement sought to destroy.

This is my sole issue with feminism but understand i hold a revolutionary view, i believe all such movements should be destroyed and combined into one movement that aims for equality. Black movements, white movements,men, women, gay, straight it really doesn't matter. Having individual movement actually encourages separation because people see such groups as inciting conflict! Better to have one movement that defends all people and ensures they are treated equally. You would find many divisions disappear when gay and straight advocates are brought together.

But hey in time as the old fashioned generations die off this will happen automatically, The idea of a woman being in her place will disappear, as will predudice against gay people, black people and the like. Time tends to fix most things.

But i'm an optimist so maybe i'm wrong.

But i hope not

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well as I see it no one ever wrote a textbook for social engineering of equality between men and women. We all had to live the experiment from within. Some projects in the programme for equality were a roaring success (female presidents and PMs) no- faault divorce etc. Others were failures like 24hr child care. Others fell in between and had partial successes or partial failures depending on your perspective.

Ok So there was some misandry but get over it there is still a lot more misogny by far. Does any want to go back to the horrible era of rampant all encompassing sexism????

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Ok So there was some misandry but get over it there is still a lot more misogny by far. Does any want to go back to the horrible era of rampant all encompassing sexism????

It is this atttude that is the problem, the "well theres more misogyny" attitude. There is also more racism against black people than white people but does that mean we should ignore the racism against whites? Of course not!

Equality is most certainly a two way street, either you support equality for all and defend it for all or you pick and choose and decide one cause is more worthy than another. By doing so you admit to not supporting eqaulity.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So basically, it's the man's fault is what you're saying?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Your reply is a good example of why Misandry is flourishing and Misogyny is being exaggerated.

When Misogyny is brought up, there are many people who wish to sympathise with the average women and denounce this sexism. History is highlighted and references to past struggles is reinforced over and over again. How can a civilised society condone Misogyny? We must all come to the aid of women and stop this injustice. If you don't agree then you are anti-Women.

Misandry is brought up, most people brush it off as trivial and unworthy of discussion. Come on men, man up and take it on the chin, stop complaining and take responsibility. Don't you know women suffer Misogyny? Who cares about your rights? Get over it and quit complaining.

edit on 17/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

And I would say you can not feel the similar punch i the gut when the same is said about men, or 4 times funding for women's health care vs men, or the unequalness in reproductive rights, or in the areas of domestic violence where the man is always the perpetrator and only wants control, or how men and fathers are either portrayed in the media as deadbeat, stupid, or not interested. You are right I can not feel your punch, nor you can feel mine. I can however see how your punch can affect you and work to address your concerns. Can you do the same?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Quit crying and man up, guys.

You have it so much better and you're lying to yourself if you say you don't.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Really how would you figure I have it so much better, I also have manned up so that is a non issue. If I am lying please illustrate to me how you can come to this conclusion?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by tiger5

Your reply is a good example of why Misandry is flourishing and Misogyny is being exaggerated.

When Misogyny is brought up, there are many people who wish to sympathise with the average women and denounce this sexism. History is highlighted and references to past struggles is reinforced over and over again. How can a civilised society condone Misogyny? We must all come to the aid of women and stop this injustice. If you don't agree then you are anti-Women.

Misandry is brought up, most people brush it off as trivial and unworthy of discussion. Come on men, man up and take it on the chin, stop complaining and take responsibility. Don't you know women suffer Misogyny? Who cares about your rights? Get over it and quit complaining.

edit on 17/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

Misogyny is being exaggerated?? Well as a woman you should understand that not all women have held your tranquil experience. If on the other hand you are a man then how would you know??? Misogyny has changed over time but has not gone away.

Well actually if you read some of the recent posts on ATS you will hear plenty of whining. I cannot equate the sexism that women recently have been exposed (and I have unlike you given recent examples ) to with what men have been experiencing. The one woman that rapes a man is news. A man raping a woman is hardly newsworthy.

As a man I care about misandry but to raise it as a counter argument against or equating it to misogyny is like comparing a racing car to a model T ford. Do women run the top corporations???? Do women run the Big religious institutions do the own the media? Have you ever noticed how male presenters can be allowed to grow old on our screens where as the women are pushed out of our screens 20 years earlier than men?

I accept that as a man I have certain privileges over women. For the sake of the women in my life I want to loose my privileges in favor of a more fair society.

edit on 18-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

And from whwt I can tell you have not really said anything other than men who bring up these issues are simply whining? call it what you will but its from a real social injustice being done. Just as in the past it was for females. Were the females who were fighting for equality whining?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by tiger5

It is this atttude that is the problem, the "well theres more misogyny" attitude. There is also more racism against black people than white people but does that mean we should ignore the racism against whites? Of course not!

Equality is most certainly a two way street, either you support equality for all and defend it for all or you pick and choose and decide one cause is more worthy than another. By doing so you admit to not supporting eqaulity.

Well you quoted me but you did not understand what you quoted. . It is a matter of tackling the greater issues first. Otherwise there is a disengenous situation where no social advances are made. You seem happy to equate the sexisms against the oppressed with that of the more powerfull 9who are male)in society. I think that is a mistake.

edit on 18-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

i totally see where your coming from and i agree, mostly, however, disagreeing with a feminest view doesnt' make you a sexist any more than disagreeing with a black person makes you a racist.

also, i grew up in a large a close family, so with girls that i'm not sexually attracted too, i tend to think of them as family. so i'll call her sis, which got me into a lot of trouble a year or so ago. i didn't mean anything by it!!!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join