It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Misogyny is being exaggerated?? Well as a woman you should understand that not all women have held your tranquil experience. If on the other hand you are a man then how would you know??? Misogyny has changed over time but has not gone away.

A man that is not afraid to speak out against this Reverse Equality garbage. If you want to claim I cannot understand Misogyny because I am male, then women cannot understand Misandry because they are female. Either way you have made it clear you take the idea of Misogyny much more seriously than the idea of Misandry. Why is that?

Well actually if you read some of the recent posts on ATS you will hear plenty of whining. I cannot equate the sexism that women recently have been exposed (and I have unlike you given recent examples ) to with what men have been experiencing. The one woman that rapes a man is news. A man raping a woman is hardly newsworthy.

You haven't read how men are expected do the heavy lifting? That they are expected to work longer and harder? That they are expected to refrain from sex unless they are ready to be a father? That mothers are much more likely to win custody hearings? That the suicide rate amongst males is at least double that of females in almost every part of the world? That TV and Media portray the average white male as dumb, immature, irresponsible and selfish? You have been shown a myriad of reasons why men feel Mysandry is gaining momentum but you simply ignore them because they do not fit your mindset.

As a man I care about misandry but to raise it as a counter argument against or equating it to misogyny is like comparing a racing car to a model T ford. Do women run the top corporations???? Do women run the Big religious institutions do the own the media? Have you ever noticed how male presenters can be allowed to grow old on our screens where as the women are pushed out of our screens 20 years earlier than men?

So now, men are responsible for the underachievement of women? Men run the top corporations and own the top media companies because they tend to excel more in these fields than women.

In regard to the issue of differences in age/attractiveness of media presenters. This comes down to why these people are chosen for their roles. Men are usually chosen for their knowledge, expertise or humour on the subject they are covering. Women are chosen for their attractiveness and sex appeal. This is an unspoken truth as to why older, unattractive women are not being selected for these roles.

There are fields where women are preferred to men, such as beauty salons, nursing roles or secretary positions. Do you hear men whining that they do not have the same opportunity as women in these fields? No you don't.

I accept that as a man I have certain privileges over women. For the sake of the women in my life I want to loose my privileges in favor of a more fair society.

What privileges do men have over women?

I think you have been hypnotised. You don't need to give up your rights to compensate for the underachievement of women in the fields you mentioned.

edit on 18/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

So something that has already been "tackled" for 40 plus years is still more important? All the progress that has been made as a pendulum, which is now swinging the opposite direction and exchanging the roles of oppressed and oppressor? How does that solve anything?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Interesting go ahead and try this. Not that this is really a proof but it is interesting nonethe less.

Now I have not tried this on other versions of office but the 03 version I have so it might or might not work.

Go ahead and open MS Word.

Now type in misogyny

Now type in misandry

Now do a spell check if it is not set for auto check.

What do you see?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Tackled for 4o years? What do you mean? Do you mean that everything has been resolved? That perhaps sexism (in the feminist sense of the word) does not exist? Well all that I can say is that you need to buy one of my bridges may I suggest the Brooklyn Bay Bridge

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

What is reverse equality?

And what does it have to do with misogyny? Especially in the digital age?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

"man that is not afraid to speak out against this Reverse Equality garbage. If you want to claim I cannot understand Misogyny because I am male, then women cannot understand Misandry because they are female. Either way you have made it clear you take the idea of Misogyny much more seriously than the idea of Misandry. Why is that? "

Actually I was responding to your comment about "exageration" which is exactly why I quoted it and asked if you were a woman. How on earth can you understand what is exagerated??
the title of the post is "Misogyny....." Why hijack an OP!

Anyway have to be off now and will respond to your other comments upon my return.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I never said everything was a-ok or even completed, but i would defintly say its completion percentage is between 80-99 percent done. Even more importantly to that is the fact that letting the pendulum swing to the other end of the "oppression" scale does not solve the problem in the least bit and invalidates all the hard work of the last 40 years.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I think this would be relevant in that other ongoing thread at the moment!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

while the movie is hilarious using it to mock someone's position is nothing but an attack on the person not their arguments. You know who else was mocked suffragettes. And guess what the people doing it were just as wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Men and women are attracted to each other like magnets.
Men and women also repel from each other like magnets.

A magnetic attraction or
Diametrically opposed.
Polar opposites. Hmmm?

Degrees of opposition or attraction may depend only on electrical force and polar disposition.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
Actually I was responding to your comment about "exageration" which is exactly why I quoted it and asked if you were a woman. How on earth can you understand what is exagerated??
the title of the post is "Misogyny....." Why hijack an OP!

A very weak argument, as well as a poorly executed ad hominem.

Misogyny is an exaggerated phenomenon. If women are not shown to be very intelligent, funny or financially responsible in the media, then the writers/owners of that media are accused of promoting misogyny. In the letters to the editor, every week you can find somebody complaining about how women are portrayed in the media, or how there is a lack of presence of women in certain workplaces.

Show beautiful, attractive women and you are setting the bar too high. Show old ugly women and you are accused of using them as tokens. Show a mix of the two and it becomes unrealistic. Far more people complain about Misogyny than Misandry.

The only reason this thread exists is to discredit the arguments made in the other one that raised valid criticisms of the Feminist movement. It is a tactic used often on this forum; discredit a topic or idea by giving those who make them a label such as Misogynist. See if it is a "Misogynist" making these claims then they are not taking seriously and the merit of the arguments are ignored.

edit on 18/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I can differentiate between humor and malice. And appreciate what each offers.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'm going to be fair here, I think some of the men bringing up issues are doing so out of sincere intent to try and be fair and separate out the issues.

And that some of the men posting are doing so out of an uniformed position. And some out of actual anger against women, or perhaps paid agenda.

But there is a big political campaign going on. It has to do with certain undercurrents and an attempt to make religions and government policy wedded like commander x warned of, and to suppress freedoms, substantive equality, and progression world wide. This is a bloodline dream, to try and send humanity back to serfdom, without rights, whilst they fly around in their advanced space flight machines.

So this thread is a good place to look at all of this.

Anytime you hear the word "princess" spoken, you can figure it out which mafia lord's camp its coming from. Rothchild's have quite a tie to Saudi Arabia, by the way. And think what likes a desert, what has underground bases, what is depicted quite well in Sumar, Egypt, even South America and New Zealand/Australia.

This whole campaign to suppress females and humanity is linked to the return of Quetzcoatl, the Eye of Horus, the top of the pyramid, represented by various figures throughout history: Enki/Enlil/Zeus/El/Lucifer/Ra/Isis/Osirius/Quetzcoatl.

Are they preparing for the puppet masters? This all concerns the S group.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I'm going to be fair here, I think some of the men bringing up issues are doing so out of sincere intent to try and be fair and separate out the issues.

And that some of the men posting are doing so out of an uniformed position. And some out of actual anger against women, or perhaps paid agenda.

This is actually all i was getting at, some women on the feminist side seem to think men have absolutely nothing to complain about and we've even seen that in this thread. That if a man dares to say anything is unfair in his world then he's instantly a mysoginist. The truth is there are some areas that need to be addressed, this doesn't mean we want to ignore womens rights, it's simply about making sure both sides are indeed equal in how their rights are protected.

But you are quite correct some men are bringing things up out of anger however the things they tend to bring up are obviously stupid and so they're easy to pick out. These are the guys who think a womans place is in the home, basically old fashioned guys who see women more as property than people.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think the mysogny thing is a red herring, in fact a false flag.

Society is being controlled, manipulated and dismantled by the Zionist nazis. It is a deliberate plan. A dysfunctional society is much easier to control and manipulate.

They have used the Hollywood mind control machine very effectively to raise unrealistic expectations - unrealistic expectations of relationships and unrealistic expectations of ourselves and of others, especially significant others.

Women's lib seemed to very quickly move into the overt and excessive sexualisation of everything. Barely clothed or nude, sexualised images of women appear everywhere. The MSM and the Hollywood machine have undermined women's self esteem to such an extent that more than ever before. Plastic surgery of all kinds and the whole host of other accoutrements have never sold so well, because fundamentally women's view of themselves has been constantly bombarded with false, airbrushed, unattainable perfection fantasies of the ideal woman.

Men too have suffered the same kind of mind manipulation from the same MSM and Hollywood propaganda machines.

The aim? To alienate good, decent human beings from any real sense of healthy self esteem, to create divisions between men and women, to deconstruct society and make it dysfunctional.

The men/women debate is another strategy fuelled by the Zionists to deflect attention from the crass, sickening debasing of both men and women as part of their heinous agenda.

And the obsessive preoccupation with the external looks, puts many more billions into the Zionist bank accounts, at the same time as it prevents us from going inward and connecting with the better part of ourselves.

This is what they don't want people to connect with that deeper, internal truth, because it is the greatest threat to their sick, perverted agenda.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I also believe that women have bought into this 'sexualisation' agenda hook line and sinker, and in this respect, I have to say, are their own worst enemies.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yay and kudos to you. Unfortunately they are there for both sides of the camp. So now that we know this can we please get to solving the problems for both sides with compromise and work? Pretty please.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

So this thread is a good place to look at all of this.

Anytime you hear the word "princess" spoken, you can figure it out which mafia lord's camp its coming from. Rothchild's have quite a tie to Saudi Arabia, by the way. And think what likes a desert, what has underground bases, what is depicted quite well in Sumar, Egypt, even South America and New Zealand/Australia.

This whole campaign to suppress females and humanity is linked to the return of Quetzcoatl, the Eye of Horus, the top of the pyramid, represented by various figures throughout history: Enki/Enlil/Zeus/El/Lucifer/Ra/Isis/Osirius/Quetzcoatl.

Are they preparing for the puppet masters? This all concerns the S group.

This had me jumping in my seat.

Please forgive me if I have this wrong,are you saying here that you and the extreme feminist movement have been and are fighting these things in the above quote? the very same movement which has brought about the near destruction of the family unit by eliminating mens rights in favor of womens?

If so here a quote

"There is no way of influencing men so powerful, as by means of women. These should therefore be our chief study; we should insinuate ourselves into their good opinion, give them hints of emancipation from the tyranny of public opinion, and of standing up for themselves..."
Adam Weishaupt and the Order of the Illuminati (1776)

www.modernhistoryproject.org...

This one quote sums it up for me who the master minds were behind the feminist movement,it was most deffinetly not a bunch of bull dykes fighting against the oppresion of women.Heck men are wired to defend and protect women and these groups have sort to destroy men so they are easily controled and how do they do that? through women.

Ever wonder why women are not allowed to join freemasonry? yet both genders are allowed to join the off shoot Eastern Star? and even one of the USAs Presidents said that freemasonry had been infiltrated by the Illuminati

I think you are so close to understanding this its painful to watch.The feminst movement is nothing but a tool and women are being used.If the majority of women were not so vain they wouldn`t have easily malipulated them.
But dont get me wrong I love most women,non more so than my other half.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It's often stated in these kinds of threads how man (or society) has tried to suppress the advancement of woman by oppressing her and suppressing her rights. This leads one to ask: why haven't women been able to overcome these obstacles on their own and why do they tend to underachieve in most areas that man excel? Is it really Misogyny that is the cause?

edit on 18/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join