It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misogyny: Ruining the Female Male Relationship(esp. in the digital age)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I totally agree DG and find it damn frustrating when women view men as their oppressors when the vast majority of men daily defend women and their rights,yet when men are stripped of their rights there are very few women who speak up about it.Further to to through salt into the gash men are told to man up and stop whining when we start to stand up for ourselves.

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

No, I'm saying this is why I keep hearing the words princess and even one thread a while back saying the princess era was coming to an end. I see this reset button and an attempt by bloodlines to create serfdom, and theocrocy, and this as a campaign. And the reason for all of this, repression and reset of humanity, including attempting to repress women again, is the possible return of Quetzcoatl, their puppet masters, they think anyway.
I just dont' believe the DVD is going to end the way they, tptb, think.

This thread is but a part of it, for patriarchal pyramid systems are the repression and karmic traps we all need to avoid. We have to invert the pyramid. I have some threads in my signature that pertain very strongly to what I believe, about this Holographic Universe and whats its about. We are all profoundly equal, without beginning or end, in this infinite holgraphic school, and we pass, progress, when we learn love, and absolute equality. The essence of matriarchal, though a better word should be found, a word that has neither the male or female charge but unity.

In the duality the hexagram is two interlocking pyramids, one inverted. Its a good symbol for the school. We need to invert the pyramid, equality and empowerment to the many.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I totally agree DG and find it damn frustrating when women view men as their oppressors when the vast majority of men daily defend women and their rights,yet when men are stripped of their rights there are very few women who speak up about it.Further to to through salt into the gash men are told to man up and stop whining when we start to stand up for ourselves.

Pathetic.

Perhaps you should try a different woman or start looking in other areas for your dates because not all women are like this and it is extremely biased jaded and unfair of you to lump us all together as if we were one big organism.
No not orgasm...organism...
Take a joke or be one.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I absolutely agree 101%.
It is part of the agenda.
I could cite a thousand examples, as could most.
Makes me long for the old days.
I call lack of self-discipline, self-restraint.
Conditioning.
Media.
Ingratitude.
Egoism.
Lack of loyalty.
Lack of religious and societal restraints.
Whatever the causes, the rift is IMO, irreparable at this point. I have zero hope.
I truly feel that in the 70s we had a handle on it, and there was a lack of division, including race, age, sex division. I had a good attitude then. Most of us did.
I tried to keep up with the changes, the media portrayal of women continued to
erode my efforts to be friends with males. They do not want me or others as a friend.
We are property and objects, items to be included in a list:
"My harley, my house, my truck, my wife, my stereo system."
Men I meet, even the most intelligent and giving, still want women for only two reasons
either bragging or complaining. They want a woman to brag about or complain about, or both.
Still an object, a property, a possession, that
either works the way you want, or you try to fix it the way you want, or go get a new one.
The "new" demands to be a women who likes women, or a woman with huge balloon chest, or peroxided, or drugged, or a skeleton, or tattooed all over, are beyond most of my friends and me.
We can cook, work, repair things, converse, and make love.
Not good enough.
Hope my post does not get deleted and I do not get banned.
There ya go. I am afraid of being banned because...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Perhaps you should try a different woman or start looking in other areas for your dates

YOU WHAT???

Thats what you got out of that quote,that I`m some lonely desperate male who cant find a decent female,grow up!

Typical response by the very women we`re descussing and that your denying you are.

because not all women are like this and it is extremely biased jaded and unfair of you to lump us all together as if we were one big organism.

Read it again,I said "yet when men are stripped of their rights there are very few women who speak up about it"

Does that not say that there are decent women out there who recognise the unfair treatment of males and speak up about it?

You just happen to not be one of those decent type of women,or you would not have responded the way you did.

No not orgasm...organism...
Take a joke or be one.

Is that ok? because I couldn`t live with myself with the thought I`m a joke to you.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

the vast majority of men daily defend women and their rights,

Then why did it take "the vast majority of men" until 2009 to decide women doing the same job should receive the same pay? Don't wear yourself out fighting for my rights. Just try not to stand in my way. Thank you.

Everything isn't about you. SURPRISE!

edit on 19-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Stop pretending (read lying) to know me or what I have done.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Are you stating that women are dependent on men in order to achieve?

Just curious.

edit on 19/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: reworded

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I`m going to respond to this post again and explain why you really pe`d me off.

rusethorcain you responded to the post at the top of the page which was full of personal attack.

If you click the page before this one you will read at the bottom of my post this......

"The feminst movement is nothing but a tool and women are being used.If the majority of women were not so vain they wouldn`t have easily malipulated them.
But dont get me wrong I love most women,non more so than my other half."

My other half and myself have been together 18 years and will be togther till we die.

So just a warning to anyone who stupidily insults my Mrs as you did,that goes for anyone,internet or not.

If that makes me a Misogynist in anyones eye`s I could care less.

edit on 19-9-2010 by gps777 because: beta grandma

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

You do realize you are on a website and these posts are opinions people have and not people you can attack? For you to say I am attacking your wife is beyond preposterous and a stretch you seem to continue to put out there for whatever reason.
People who take everything literally and personally when we are simply responding to the thoughts which arise when the colored letters meet the grey background are delusional.
These are ideas, thoughts on paper. We, you and I are users. We are not actually "people" in the village square. I am not calling you out for a duel.
If you disagree with what I say I may try to refute your position but not you.
Place your animosity in it's proper location and you will have a better chance of ridding yourself of it. I don't want to be anyones scapegoat. In fact I won't let you attack my beliefs simply because they are not yours and not counterpoint you..
My remarks are for public consumption and you should not take them as personal attack. I know too little about you to attack you, or even care really that much what your opinions are because they do not affect me. Cannot affect me.
Congrads on the 18 years. Seriously. Good for you. It is the only good thing I picked up in your reply. But then who am I and why should you care? Perspective my friend. Get some.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

What rights are being stripped by men that need fightin for, any how?
And if it is men getting victimized let's hope men are on the frontline of the defense.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Can you offer some statistics or in depth proof the vast majority (I would take that to be appx 85 percent), are vain?

Some counter points as to the level of male vanity would be nice support of the claim, too.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You do realize you are on a website and these posts are opinions people have and not people you can attack?

You lying sack of ............

Who attacked who?

read your response to me and take a good look in the mirror of who you are.

For you to say I am attacking your wife is beyond preposterous

these are your words you posted at me after I had mentioned I had another half ......"Perhaps you should try a different woman or start looking in other areas for your dates "

Perspective my friend. Get some.

I cant be bothered with the rest of your garbage.

Life..get one.

edit on 19-9-2010 by gps777 because: quote tags

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Further to to through salt into the gash men are told to man up and stop whining when we start to stand up for ourselves. Pathetic.

In spite of your meager writing skills, know what you are trying to say here. Would pity have been a more desirable response? When you stand up for yourself what are we supposed to do? Bow down? I am serious. What is appropriate or an agreeable response to you? Beside total agreement with you that men are being discriminated against and have it harder than women?

Thats what you got out of that quote,that I`m some lonely desperate male who cant find a decent female,grow up!

I should "grow up." Because I suggested the women you were meeting were not typical and you must be finding them in some undesirable location. This does not indicate desperation only poor choices, and bad experiences. You offered the desperation angle yourself. Freudian slip?

You just happen to not be one of those decent type of women

Here I am "indecent." BTW, I have some men friends who might dispute this.

a warning to anyone who stupidily insults my Mrs as you did,

Here I am called "stupidly." RE: insulting the Ms.; Quit tempting me.

Stop pretending (read lying) to know me or what I have done.

Most recently you accuse me of lying. Telling you what I think, because you disagree is considered "lying?" Is that even mature?

You lying sack of ............

More maturity. How old are you anyway?
When you have to resort to this sort of attack...you have already lost the argument.

I cant be bothered with the rest of your garbage.

Peace at last.

edit on 19-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

In spite of your meager writing skills, know what you are trying to say here.

I would have thought you would have taken particular care in your writing when bashing my skills?

Hypocrite much?

Would pity have been a more desirable response?

Pity? you can shove it,I`d like fair justice.

When you stand up for yourself what are we supposed to do? Bow down? I am serious.

Sorry I can`t believe I`m reading this and take you serious.

What is appropriate or an agreeable response to you? Beside total agreement with you that men are being discriminated against and have it harder than women?

Why is the blatant obvious discounted ?

I should "grow up." Because I suggested the women you were meeting were not typical and you must be finding them in some undesirable location. This does not indicate desperation only poor choices, and bad experiences.

Yes do grow up please and refain from such low tactics as insulting ones family that you know nothing about.

You offered the desperation angle yourself. Freudian slip?

Oh heck now you believe yourself to be a shrink?

Here I am "indecent." BTW, I have some men friends who might dispute this.

Take your own advice then that you gave to me for no reason,and hang out with a better quality of people.

Most recently you accuse me of lying. Telling you what I think, because you disagree is considered "lying?" Is that even mature?

You know exactly what you did and why,I think this whole issue has little to do with the topic we have been discussing because unbeknown to you I have stared some of your comments because I agreed with them.So I am left very puzzled as to what I have posted that you took personally as to insult me and my family.

More maturity. How old are you anyway?

Old enough to know and remember when families and society were far better before men/fathers were put at a major disadvantage.

When you have to resort to this sort of attack...you have already lost the argument.

If you feel you have won something? would you be insulted then if I pity you.

Peace at last.

Oops momment for you then huh? I was reffering the rest of the garbage in your previous post,thought that was clear.

Out of all of this though I would have just accepted an apology,you missed that by a long shot,tells me you are not one to take persoanal responsibility for your actions.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by gps777

What rights are being stripped by men that need fightin for, any how?
And if it is men getting victimized let's hope men are on the frontline of the defense.

That's kind of the issue here and it's odd how some feminists (check out BH up there) see it and are fair and others are well, blinded by ideology. I have already listed for you the specific areas where men are unfairly treated so the fact you ask again is odd. But hey i'll list them once more.

1. Alimony, women usually get a better financial settlement in divorce

2. Custody, women usually get the kids, turning many guys into weekend dads, even though they pay shed loads of money to said women.

3. If a woman decides to withold the children then the man has to go to court and fight, the courts still often side with the woman or at the very least don't punish her for breaking a legal contract. However if a man witheld the children from the woman you would quickly find him in prison.

4. The confusion feminism has put men in. It's supposed to be equal rights, that should mean women pay for half of dinner, don't expect doors opened or chairs pulled out because this doesn't get done for men. However some women want this and others don't, this leads to confusion for men and hurt feelings on both sides. Also consider the "equalising measure" used for certain jobs like the army or fire service.

5. Spousal abuse and/or rape. If a woman is beaten she can get help, this isn't easy of course but the help is there and complaints are usually taken seriously. If a man complains about being beaten by a wife he will often be laughed at, society will judge him as weak and worst of all if the women then turns around and calls him the abuser he'll be locked up fast. The same goes for rape only it's even worse for men. Some people actually seem to believe that a woman can't rape a man and that is an incredible piece of sexism.

That's a small selection but you get the point i hope. Equality works both ways but some feminists don't believe that, they pick and choose, taking the best parts of life while leaving the worst behind. And let me be clear again, i used to call myself a feminist until i saw the hypocrisy, now i'm an equalist. I will fight for the rights of everyone, woman or man and i will approach it fairly, unlike some.

The worst part is when a man does step forward to raise these issues he is very quickly called a sexist and boxed into a corner that he can't really escape. That's kind of sad.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Has anyone pointed out that the link in the OP about rape is to a report that says women are more likely than men to blame rape victims? It also says that 54% of women sampled blame the victim....

Men do not have a monopoly on misogyny.

edit on 19-9-2010 by AdAbsurdum because: Learned something....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How do you (women) respond when a man opens a door for you?
Do you say 'thank you', because it's an act of kindness/courtesy from a stranger, or do you scream about how you don't need a man holding a door for you and you can open the door just as well as any man?
Ever fit into category two?
Your loss. I hold doors for everyone, men and women.
I didn't have a political (small 'p') agenda.
I just held a door for a person out of courtesy.
Now think of the person holding/opening the door. Do they now feel a little bit weird when holding/opening a door for a woman in the future? Do they question what it is they did? Do they avoid doing it in the future?
You did that, number 2. The man didn't. He just acted naturally, but now you've put him on the defensive.

Now look for other examples. Do I stand when you come to a table? Common decency, upbringing, all just "misogyny"? Pulling your chair out? Just an act of respect, or a devilish plot to undermine the status of women in society?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This thread is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure the OP has some interesting experiences with modern misogyny, but let's not get carried away here; misogyny is hardly a problem in today's society -- it's insanely controlled. If you actually think being called "honey" at work is some sort of hatred towards women, you've got some serious personal issues. I'm gay and pretty much everyone at my work calls me something like "fagpants", even my manager; it's pretty funny, I don't mind. Obviously, there are harsher words they could say (and have said) that I would mind, but then I would just talk to them about it. If people understand what I tell them with a 90% partial ignorance rate, I'm sure they'll understand your 50% partial ignorance rate. Don't blame men for calling you something that isn't normally considered demeaning if you aren't mature enough to talk to them about it to fix the problem. So, tell me, what words are controlled for men in the workplace? Hunk? Stud? Twinkletoes? I hear those ones a lot more often. I guess straight men just don't have to complain about everything in their lives because a vagina monologue hasn't made it cool yet, or maybe it's because as soon as they try to complain about something, women try to rip apart their manhood. I'm not exactly a fan of most straight men, but it's pretty obvious that men are much more likely to be the victim of sexism in today's society; at least nearly all of the things that are being brought up are actually being controlled already; we have very little legislation that protects anything male-specific.

Why can't men get raped by women? Explain what's so difficult about this? Do you think it's difficult to get the member hard
? Its a shame that such a clear right all people should have to decide their own sexual partner is viewed negatively only if it has a female victim. Bringing up rape against females in this thread is really just infuriating, because it is so controlled for women, and hardly at all for men. Think about it, a girl gets drunk, sleeps with a guy because he's bugging her about it: rape, his fault. Alternatively, a guy gets drunk, sleeps with a girl because she won't stop bugging him about it: bad night, also his fault. Let's not pretend we care about rape if we only care when it happens to a woman. Are women the only ones that feel degraded and scarred when they have been taken advantage of? 5% of rapists are women, and since that number is so low, lets pretend that the reality of it is just hilarious -- just like Lymphoma and Autism.

Women hit men all the time. It's okay, we don't feel pain, actually, it's hilarious, isn't it? Why are they allowed to hit men? Because it hurts them less? So, with that logic, if I have Fibromyalgia, I can hit women? Why not, it hurts them more than it would hurt me if they hit me? Don't blame men for beating their wives, wives beat their husbands all the time. Men aren't horrible people for beating their wives, people are horrible people for hitting each other, and women are no more innocent than men when it comes to domestic abuse. Actually, I think its a little more ridiculous that women do it openly in public to humiliate them as if its some sort of joke. This problem really has very little to do with gender but women make it all about them somehow.

Truth is, misandry is affecting society and holding back human rights much more than misogyny in today's society. You can blame both of them for "ruining the male/female relationship", but don't say that its all about misogyny -- this is not the 60s.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Amen and excellently put.

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join