It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Blinky UFO Turns Into a BIG UFO! - September 12, 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That's what I thought and it did change altitude from a period to bigger rather quickly (higher to lower) faster than a plane.

Planes aren't round.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Maybe they require that on Mars and Venus too!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

This looks like a small plane (possibly military fighter size) that turned it's landing light on the nose wheel well and then turned onto his base turn before landing. You can see port/starboard nav lights and his red anti-collision light as well. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
WOW we are in 2010. Not even a single person can come with video and actually show the real ufo. Always have to be doubt....I will buy a special lens seriously. would it make me in trouble!!!!! I hope i wont get kidnap by them specially when you see the light of this UFO facing you for couple second. Its weird i believe it was ufo but i also heard of predator drone and other military stealth craft that are being use in the U.S since 9/11. Who knows what type of technology we have in 2010 now...

edit on 13-9-2010 by Illuminati_2012 because:

edit on 13-9-2010 by Illuminati_2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
I dunno if its a plane. Ive never seen a plane flash a light so bright. And if its a search light then why was pointed directly at the camera the whole time. Or at least thats what it seemed like IMO

I've been in Naval aviation for 16 years, and nose wheel landing lights are that bright, blinding bright. And if you notice, the plane turns and you can see the navigation/running lights illuminated. Plus the back anti-collision light.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
On the 1st video at time 1:29 it appears the object and the street light below are sharing the same light effects. The street light turns red and then the camera zooms into the object. I have a couple of ideas to explain it but I dont want to influence anyone.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
First guess would be helicopter with a searchlight. I've seen things like that before and sometimes they almost fooled me--and I am a 100% suppporter of the idea that some UFOs are alien craft, but of course, not all of them.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Something's not right with the lighting. At 41 seconds, the ground appears to light up and seemingly, cast shadows.
Here is what happens within one second. Take a look see:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nice video, I can see why you'd get excited over it - but definitely a plane, probably 30 to 40 miles away. You should always check a flight radar (many online free to view) when possible because they often hold the answer. But yeah I see this all the time as there are several large airports about my area and I see plenty of holding patterns. After doing some research the initial blinking is a special anti-collision light aeroplanes use when they're low.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was going to also say its probably a helicopter with a search light. Those lights make night turn into day!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree with the chopper scenario, seen similar looking views in real time in the military. Also there are lights on the ground like the red flashing one at the lower left that screams airfield. Looks to be terrestrial to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
For some reason I rule the plane out. Even if that light were the headlight, it moves to the side. I read that some saw a turn, which was interesting, so that now the light is a wing light, that takes many minutes to traverse a short distance. In fact, that video I watched was roughly 12 minutes long. Why does it take so long for a plane to go that distant. I've watched jets high in the sky go faster.

The only sound I heard was cars, and choppers make a lot of noise, even the black ones that showed up for some of our sightings. While the craft we were watching was low, and extremely anomalous and soundless, the black chopper that chased it made a racket even at quite a distance when it was tailing it along the mountain some time later, and the craft went slow, then blinked ahead.

The size of this is about right, roughly, for a light roughly in the distance, if it was closer I imagine it would be 30-40 feet saucer under the light, as ours showed to be when it flew straight over the roof. Other times it vanishes. I believe the time we saw the shape under the big red light it vanished too, but over it. The other occasion where it actually hovered for 5 minutes, it then arced up and raised higher in the sky to cross over the roof and over town, rather abruptly too, though smoothly.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
i say maybe planes maybe not
but keep doing these recordings sooner or later you'll get the 'big fish' because we know they out there.
good luck

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

As you can see, this is a U.F.O
Thanks for Sheilaaliens and her great footage

edit on 13-9-2010 by Illuminati_2012 because:

edit on 13-9-2010 by Illuminati_2012 because: Try to fix the video.. seem not to work ! please let me know guy

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sorry buddy, what you see is a jet. I see this all the time.

When the light is brightest, those are the landing lights. It's flying kind of towards you at that moment so it looks likes it hovering a little. then it banks again and shows the sides.

This is obviously a jet, ask any air traffic controller and they will tell you the same thing.

Heck I can even reproduce your video with my own camera because I live under one of Los Angeles Internationals flight paths.

edit on 13-9-2010 by illumin8ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wait, Illuminati_2012, are you Sheila? If you are, I think you are absolutely beautiful.
You seem really cool too, you and I got a lot in common.

It's good you are searching the skies, I do it all the time... However, I think you need to practice on your identification skills, and refine some of your knowledge of lights and shadows, and camera lens and compression artifacts, and identifying normal aircraft. Then after that you would be a lot of help to the UFO community since you have so much patients.

Anyway, ATS is a good place for you. Just don't get mad when people identify your stuff and you don't agree. Over time you will learn that UFOs are rare... not everything is a UFO, and a lot of what you think are UFOs are explainable.

I am on your side (i believe aliens could exist), but it may appear not because I have become so good at identifying things.

Anyway, good luck! Oh, and trust me, the video in your original post is just an man-made aircraft. Oh and you will learn that the very serious UFO researchers don't like when you add music to the videos. They want to hear everything.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Ok men in black. Y
ou work for the CIA

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ok you caught me! I'm the MIB!
No.

I'm just a normal guy that would take you on a date in a heart beat, and talk to you all night about the heavens above.

I'm just trying to help you out.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by illumin8ed

Ok i would like to keep running with the main subject. Sheila video!
Watch and please, give your opinion upon the video please.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sure, let me help you..

From 0:00 to 0:40 of the video in the original post you see the blinking strobe light, slightly moving to the right.

Blink.Blink......Blink.Blink.......Blink.Blink.......

This is the standard F.A.A. strobe light pattern. Two blinks, One second apart.

Then at 0:40, the big light(s) show. Either they just turned their landing lights on, or they landing lights were always on but they were hidden by parts of the jet, and the jet turned to show them. I think they just turned them on. I think it is a law to turn them on at a certain altitude.

The reason it looks like one big light, is because the jet is so far away that it is out of the "depth of field" of your camera. Heck, it is most probably out of the "depth of field" of your eyes too and looks the same with your eyes (I see this every night). Also.. lights cone outwards and spread out. You are so far away that by the time the light reaches you it has already spread out really wide. As it gets closer, it will get smaller and smaller. When it's far, the light is spread out so much that it hides all the other strobe lights.

Because the jet is flying towards you, and slightly to the right, it looks like it is hovering but it is not. It is flying towards you at a very fast speed. However, it is so far away that it appears to be moving slow. All things at far distances seem to be traveling slow.

At 1:52, this is when the aircraft finally gets inside of your cameras "depth of field". This means your camera can finally focus on the aircraft and see details. When this happens, you can see the F.A.A. lights even better.

Here you see the GREEN, and RED navigation lights. These lights help pilots see what direction the aircraft is flying.

en.wikipedia.org...

Right-of-way lights - On ships, aircraft and manned spacecraft, a red light will be mounted on the left or port side of the craft and a green on the right or starboard side.

So your video is showing the red light on the right, and the green on the left. This means the aircraft is flying towards you, because if it was flying away from you, the red would be on the left, and the green on the right.

So your video is without a doubt showing an aircraft with standard F.A.A. lights.

Please, I hope you learn from this, and trust that I am helping you by showing you the truth.

Good day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join