It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl with magnetic hands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I wonder if she has a lot of iron content in her body.

That might explain it. But I am not sure.

Quite a strange phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Why do people keep thinking this has anything to do with magnetism? They're attracting plastic objects, and don't register a magnetic field. This is obviously something else. Perhaps this is universal energy, or "chi".

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methos777
SO assuming this is true why has this only been happening within the last 10 years?

This is why.

The path of the moon's shadow began in the Atlantic Ocean and, before noon, was traversing Cornwall, Devon, Southern Wales, northern France, Belgium, Luxembourg, southern Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, and northern Serbia. Its maximum was at 11:03 UTC at 45°06′N 24°18′E / 45.1°N 24.3°E / 45.1; 24.3 in Romania (next to a town called Ocnele Mari near Râmnicu Vâlcea); and it continued across Bulgaria, the Black Sea, Turkey, Iran, southern Pakistan and Srikakulam in India and ended in the Bay of Bengal.

Solar Eclipse of August 11, 1999 over Europe

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
For one: she can't ever co-star in Edward Scissor Hands 2.

I can't seem to find a video of these capabilities that she exhibits. Any help?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Not hers, but I've posted some videos of people with this ability on page 3 of this thread.
She's not the only one.

edit on 13/9/10 by Movhisattva because: link

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The question you asked , has been answered already within the thread. Magnetism is NOT limited to metals which are attracted to magnets . Magnetism occurs between all the component atoms and molecules of which you are made. Some of them are not even metals of any kind, nor do they contain any yet magnetism occurs surely as sun rises , and taxes!
Plus, electrostatic attraction which is related to magnetism, can produce the effect of attracting a rubber balloon to a persons head, so that reference is also valid.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Rubbing a ballon to someone head is called static electricity, which most of these claims can be discounted as a result of. I see a few though that are interesting, I will hold judgment until some has a big magnet and walks to her and she is sent flying through the air, lol, talk about cheap travel....or just stick her in a kitchen supply store and watch the knives section end her "problem"

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

I was wondering about Jelene's video.
I saw the others before- in the heat of summer I can place my remote anywhere on my chest and it will stick. Most of those objects had a flat surface and were placed past 180 degrees. Coins on the forehead stick to the oil on your skin. I have had a Quarter stuck to my forehead now for over a min. now (try it)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Well see heres the thing. Even if the lass has an issue with static electricity , thats a VERY impressive issue to have. Its certainly an odd affliction, but could be very interesting from a scientific point of veiw.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is obviously fake. she is not the first one to make these claims.

a poor family trying to make money off this.

I see no evidence of magnetism, anyone can do what she has done in the pictures, especially if you have slightly wet hands. kind of just palming the object

Notice there are no photos of her hands facing down, holding an object.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble
reply to post by Movhisattva

I saw the others before- in the heat of summer I can place my remote anywhere on my chest and it will stick. Most of those objects had a flat surface and were placed past 180 degrees. Coins on the forehead stick to the oil on your skin. I have had a Quarter stuck to my forehead now for over a min. now (try it)

Are you sure?
It's not 2 gram coins here, but 2 kilogram (4 pound) hammers and weights:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I guess no one saw the humor in my previous post.

There is no way for me to know whether this is true or not... mainly because there are greater illusions in this world.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
This would be bad. She wouldn't be able to use laptops, iPods, etc. She would have to be wary taking a photo with a digital camera too.

Actually not, the memory card in a digital camera is Solid State based and SSDisks are not affected by magnets of any kind, its only MAGNETIC medias that are affected, such as (the old school) floppy disks, VHS tapes, Audio cassettes and anything that is magnetic media would be wiped out/erased if she touches it. Mechanical drives such as hard drives are also affected because the magnet would destroy/bend the read/write head but the actual data would still remain on the platter disk it self in that hard drive, but inaccessible to the regular user due to the read/write head being damaged by the magnet. Sold State Disk hard drives (the newest hard drives) being manufactured now, are not affected by magnets because they contain no moving parts, no moving parts = nothing to get bent/damaged by a magnet. So, a laptop or a computer with a Solid State Disk Drive as its hard drive would be fine for her. Nothing else in any computer is affected by magnets, such as the main board, CPU, RAM, etc, etc....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Did you know that all humans create magnetic fields? The electric pulses in our bodies are exactly like electrical wires which create electromagnetic fields around them.

www.madsci.org...

Have you ever heard of Biomagnetism?

Or have you heard of Bioelectromagnetism?

Or maybe Magnetobiology?

Better yet, do you know what a mutation is?

In this universe, anything is possible. It is entirely possible for a human being to be born with a mutation which gives them a characteristic unlike any ever seen or recorded in history. Who knows exactly what the mutation could be when it happens? No one.

If you study other animals, you can see some amazing things are possible. For instance, a firefly, or a jellyfish can create LIGHT (electromagnetic radiation) with a process called bioluminescense, which is just chemical reactions. It is quite amazing what is possible on this Earth, and who knows, maybe humans might mutate one day to be able to create STRONG magnetic fields, or even electrostatic fields, or electromagnetic radiation. A small change in their bodies chemical makeup could be all that is needed.

To clarify, I am not trying to say the OP's article or any others are real. So accusing me of believing the article over believing it is a fraud or hoax is not accurate. I am simply trying to say that anything is possible, and I am pointing to information that could support such a phenomena. I am not trying to prove it is real.

Also, just because it probably hasn't been seen yet, or confirmed yet, it doesn't mean it never will be. Things change.

Magnetism, and electrostatics is not rare. It is everywhere in the entire universe. So it's not like it would be some magical power, it will be a neat mutation though.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here's the English version of article from "Treće Oko" or Third Eye. Note that it is a respectable and very old magazine which does objective reports on same subjects as ATS site.

The most interesting part is when the journalist witnessed the case where she was holding hands with another boy. He would drop the object immediately as they separated and they tested it several times.

However, no one mentions how come she found it (ability) out all of a sudden. It is indicated in the article that she can control it with her "feelings" but it is possible that more people can do it but are unaware of.... Perhaps we should all give it a try?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

most people would read this thread and think this is impossable
but this little girl thought i wounder if i can do it
is this effect triggered by beleif?
or by some strange energy that she can channel?

are we all capable of this we would never try unless someone else displays it to us and we think ill give this a go

is it posable this is a real phenomonon and because of a lack of open mindedness we fail to see the truth

truth and faith can acomplish what we beleive is imposable

xploder

i have a thread about electrical storms increasing blood flow in humans does this effect signal some sort of bio influence over the human body i wounder if she is cabable of lifting heaver objects in such a storm

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Has anyone ever gotten past the preliminary test?

No. Some people use this fact as a reason not to apply – and yet the protocol is never altered once the applicant agrees to it. In fact, we ask the applicant to design the test.

There are legit people in Guinness' book with unexplainable abilities. They're not millionaires, all they get is a fancy article or few in newspapers and at best a record in Ripley's and Guinness' books.

Except a minor publicity stunt, I have no other reasons to not believe a "magnetic girl" but I have one million reasons to not believe that some guy named Randi will just hand over a million dollars in cash to a circus freak which does not fail to amuse him.

With a million dollar budget chances are high that phenomena like this can be explained. I'm not sure if I'd let my child go through all that trouble so Mr Randi can "debunk" her. By the way I don't have anything against him and his work but this case really isn't worth the trouble - it's not like she sells DVDs on how to stick cigarette lighters to your palms
. Apparently parents will subject her to some research but who knows what'll come out of that, I personally wouldn't really bother too much if I were them.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry, I'm going to SCREAM FAKE AS LOUD AS I CAN

And why is it, that people with magnetic personalities seem to iminate from russia

And did anyone notice all the Objects she was holding are Plastic, Somebody
check if you can pick up any Comb witha Rare Earth super Magnet, I'm
pretty sure it's not Magnetic.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
wow a real life magneto......and so it begins.. maybe well have mutant disclosure soon

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join