It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl with magnetic hands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

There are legit people in Guinness' book with unexplainable abilities.

They may be "unexplained", but I doubt they are unexplainable. I'd imagine anything bordering on the supernatural can apply to the challenge and see how legitimate or unexplainable they actually are.

I'd have to argue that he is just "some guy named Randi" though. James Randi and JREF are pretty well known in the skeptic community. Also, he also has a bank statement of the amount of money available to those who succeed in the challenge.

I'm not sure if I'd let my child go through all that trouble so Mr Randi can "debunk" her

All of the trouble? All they do is preform their stunt under certain criteria and it's evaluated. It's basically what she's doing now, except if she is not a fraud, she will win a million dollars. Seems like a good deal to me.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Whyhi because: Hulkamania doesn't need a reason

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Anybody, with a bit of practice can make a coin stick to thier forehead for a short Period
and longer with more Practice.

Is this magic or is everybody Magnetic? And If somebody has a lot of Iron in their
Diet would that make them more Magnetic?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

You are correct, unexplained, not unexplainable!

He is "some guy" to people in rural Serbia
. I personally do certainly respect his work on exposing frauds and trickery.

I've read about their process of examination, it involves a lot of trouble for this family, it is a multi stage examination where at some point she'd be dragged to a controlled lab. As I said, he would not simply hand out a million dollars, he'd most likely even ask for a visit to Stanford or something (I would). I seriously doubt he would simply end the testing with "oh well we are clueless" and hand out the cash so as a parent you'd have to be ready for an adventure - unless you're a fraud of course
. Perhaps I'm wrong but as a parent I myself wouldn't phone Randi!

Also, I don't believe in easy million dollars... perhaps that is what pollutes my judgement

edit on 13/9/2010 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I didnt read through most of the comments, so sorry if i repeat something someone else said.

Has anyone considered that it isnt magnetism, maybe she is able to increase the surface tension of her skin.
I remember seeing someone with that ability on "stan lee's superhumans". They tested the man and when he used his abiltiy his body heat and some other things increased.

Although it is posible its just a hoax and the family is trying to get a tv show.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i'm going to be honest against the original post, i think this is a hoax, mainly because there is a photo on the original link of her holding two lighters up, which i don't think you could hold up that way if you had a magnet

this leads me to beleive perhaps she just has abnormally 'frictionous' hands, kind of like that one other guy who had similiar claims..

i do think this kind of thing could possible take form, but this particular bit of information needs more evidence

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
From source.

I put the word magnetic in quotes, because many people demonstrating this gift have items like coins and brushes and tools sticking to them … objects that are clearly not affected by a magnet.

Wow , just Wow.

Recently in the last couple weeks I was thinking on what would be the most spectacular new invention. That invention would be magnetism to many other objects that are not normally attracted by regular magnets. Say plastic, sand, air, dirt, you name it. If Tech, or in this case a biological example can prove that magnetism is possible with way more materials than is now understood this would be one of the largest technological advances of humanity.

Just think of the implications , in the right, and wrong hands.

This topic I crave more info on.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I guess I would want to see a video of it. To see if she just puts things in her hand and they stick, or if they pull to her hands. If they pull that's amazing.. if they just stick.. maybe the next step in evolution is spider-man sticky hands!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And most folks thought the movie 'Powder' was fiction.

I expect they'll stick this poor girl in a lab and stare at her through windows ... or worse.

So that was a true story could you provide me with the links. I would love to read about the real powder and his super powers.

And I dont believe stories like this unless they have some real proof. Like she does go to the university and the scientist's cant find answer. But until that happens I dont believe a word of it.

I think people has lost perspective and common sense. And want to believe so bad it is clouding there judgment.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

i think a few people have missed the main theam of the news artical was the call for more scientific investigation
the notion that that this is real or hoax is secondary to scientific examination by experts who by the sounds of some would be a waste of time

this can only be investigated when the stigma attached is removed and when the scientific aproach is used
let the science speak for itself

to the people who have already made there minds up before the report is released
i wish i was omnipitent too

i dont say either way and in my mind its not to important if this is real or fake the correct non bias investigation will stand or fall on facts

xploder

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
so she might be able to anti-gravitate? at least theoretically. thats the key idea or i've missed a lot of sleep lately (which i have)

edit on 15-9-2010 by deathmetalofcourse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i'll believe it when a validated video comes out that shows her, all in one motion, pick up a metallic piece simply by holding her hand over it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

is the request for proof based on video evidence your only requirement as there is already alot of evidence in this thread if you cant find it i wont bother telling you what to google

please prove a video debunking the whole thread

or

open your mind for 1 minute and think about the scientists giving up there time to investigate
image if all they asked for was 1 video?

xploder

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I saw a man with this same ability on the History's Channels "Stan Lee's Superhumans".

The episode was called "Human Wolf"

www.history.com...-7

There person they tested was Miroslaw Magola

www.magola.com...

They did some scientific testing and noticed that there were body changes when he was using his power that were not seen before. I don't remember all they tested, but I believe one of them was that in a fraction of a second his body temperature rose a few degrees. Of course they weren't able to answer how he was able to have things stick to him.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Zul007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with "Chi". Maybe this girl has some exceptional healing powers as well due to the magnetic abilities.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

id like to think that if this effect can be provent with tests i would be cool to call it chi,
life energy as human magnet doesnt fit as plastic still sticks/attracts

xploder

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join