It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 UFO's filmed over water on News (NEW)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
Those lights in the background appear to be stationary, lol. The dark things on the water are not "flying objects" however but rather they appear to be floating on the water. The audio appears to demonstrate that it was quite a windy day too.

I can assure you the lights in the backgroung are not stationary. I have posted screenshots on page 11 to show this, I'll quote them here. (Edit to add: I just read through this again, and I may have misunderstood you initially. Yes the lights on the hill are stationary in relation to the hillside. But there is movement of the ship which causes the perspective to change slowly. The supposed "2 UFO's" are meant to be the dark blurry objects on the water (at least I think so), even though one is stationary the entire time. Apologies for the misunderstanding)

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
This is at 4:21[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73963b279f80.jpg[/atsimg]
Notice the position of the light on the hill in relation to the closer point. Now look how far the point has moved compared to the same light 8 seconds later at 4:29.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06819dcd04c9.jpg[/atsimg]

This shows that the ship is travelling towards the right of the screen. Also I think the stationary object is definitely something floating on the water. However, the moving object seems to move too far in the vertical direction to be on the water. I tried to show this with a few screenshots, also on page 11.

This first shot is taken at 4:33. The stationary object is to the left, while the moving object is right at the tip of the point.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b007d7681948.jpg[/atsimg]

Here at 4:34, the 'object' has dipped considerably in relation to the point in the background. It almost appears as though it is angled down.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d84ce2ae96e.jpg[/atsimg]
Now at 4:36, it appears to me the 'object' is now angled upwards towards the right. Notice it's position.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/012ea39f4f90.jpg[/atsimg]
And at 4:38, the 'object' is back at the level of the point behind, although it has moved a considerable distance to the right.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/112fa01ca518.jpg[/atsimg]

I believe the way the moving object moves is very similiar to a kite used by a kitesurfer. But that is just my opinion (and quite a few others, by the looks of it).

edit on 16/9/10 by Curious and Concerned because: see italics above

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Curious and Concerned.....

I agree.....

As per my previous posts.....

I believe the lights in the background are buildings on the far shore.

I believe the objects over the water are kites being utilised by kite surfers.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Aha, perhaps it was a kite innertuber

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I see most are in favor of Kite Surfers.
Is anyone capable of motion stabilizing the video?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tribble
I see most are in favor of Kite Surfers.
Is anyone capable of motion stabilizing the video?

just finished sort of stabilization, when saw your post,
wasnt able to dl high res version from yahoo and dont have much time cos being at work,

quality is quite poor but u can get some idea of movement of these objects

edit on 17-9-2010 by ClevererRunbeening because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ClevererRunbeening

Thanks for that, I don't have the software to do such editing. Just wondering, is there any particular reason it starts halfway through, then goes back to the start partway through the stabilised vid?

Speaking of kitesurfers. I was with a freind yesterday watching some kitesurfers on the Waitemata Harbour near the NW Motorway in Auckland. We watched as the first of a series of massive fronts came in from the West. These were part of the Massive storm, the size of Australia, on its way to New Zealand. We thought we'd stick around, as it could get pretty interesting.

Sure enough, the wind kept rising. Then one of the kitersurfers caught an edge and fell over, only to be dragged face first another 15 metres by his kite. It looked like he got control, until his kite started spinning and he was getting dragged again. After another 10 metres is kite was released, only to fly about 100 metres before landing in some mangroves right beside the motorway. It was dramatic stuff!

Luckily the kite stayed put and didn't fly onto the motorway, which could have been devestating in the heavy flow of traffic. We then proceeded to watch multiple lightning strikes and get buffeted by some intense winds when, naturally, we went to the summit of Mt Eden (the highest of the many volcanic cones in the region) to get a good view
. It got crazy for a few seconds when we were on our way up, getting pelted with sticks and small branches. I'm just glad it wasn't my car

In hindsight, going to the summit may have been foolish, but it was worth it. It's always good to be amazed and belittled by the power of nature every now and then (when you come out safely, of course).

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I just saw it, thanks for the effort of stabilizing it
It is easier to see them.
I still see squares (when the camera is not shaking).

This is one crazy video-

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

They do make reference to the shape in the newscast as being "cylindrical" they don't say whether in the horizontal or vertical plane. That seems to imply that the actual video shows detail that we can't see here. All we have here is a silhouette shape, seemingly square to rectangular, and possibly in the vertical plane, if a rectangle. The only thing that fits perfectly, (other than an estimated size) in that way is a Hiller platform, if the object is indeed moving,

www.youtube.com...
I posted that link before more in humour really but the machine exists, and it is old technology and stealthyish

This version is variously described as X3 or Wasp and is supposed to have a military classification.

edit on 17-9-2010 by smurfy because: addendum to text.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by Tribble

They do make reference to the shape in the newscast as being "cylindrical" they don't say whether in the horizontal or vertical plane. That seems to imply that the actual video shows detail that we can't see here. All we have here is a silhouette shape, seemingly square to rectangular, and possibly in the vertical plane, if a rectangle. The only thing that fits perfectly, (other than an estimated size) in that way is a Hiller platform, if the object is indeed moving

"The only thing that fits perfectly, (other than an estimated size) in that way is a Hiller platform"
Are you serious?
The "only thing that fits perfectly" is this...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b482cfb726c1.jpg[/atsimg]
Really?

Did you not watch the video I posted earlier? I thought there were some considerable similarities.

However, have you ever seen a kitesurfer travelling multiple km's down a coastline. I have seen them out on the water when I've been on my board past the impact zone (where the waves break), on their way down the coast. I've talked to one who fell near me, and he explained how his girlfriend was going to pick him up a few more k's down the coast at papamoa. These guys were not tacking back and forth, and if the conditions were right, could hold an almost constant kite position. There would always be some little bobs and weaves though. Kind of like these guys.

If you were going to ask about it looking cylindrical, I would say the stationary object looks longer horizontally while the moving object looks longer vertically, kind of like a kite, such as here.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/012ea39f4f90.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 18/9/10 by Curious and Concerned because: curly brackets, doh.

[editToAdd]Oh, humour,
Silly me reading quickly through posts[/editToAdd]

edit on 18/9/10 by Curious and Concerned because: editToAdd

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The 'blobs' look very close to the water which leads me to wonder why people are thinking they are kite surfers?

I'm thinking windsurfers.

Google Video Link

edit on 18-9-2010 by zenius because: (no reason given)

Sorry can't get second vid working but link does.

edit on 18-9-2010 by zenius because: Problem with video.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
The 'blobs' look very close to the water which leads me to wonder why people are thinking they are kite surfers?

How do you know how far the "blobs" are from the water? Have you seen the zoomed out shots?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1297f9a5c9e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you think the zoom could pick up a kitesurfer from this far away? The kite may actually be closer than you think. The lateral movement doesn't really look like a windsurfer. The motion pattern looks similiar to a kite. That's why I think it is a kite surfer. That and the fact that this is a popular kitesurfing destination.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Thanks for that, I don't have the software to do such editing. Just wondering, is there any particular reason it starts halfway through, then goes back to the start partway through the stabilised vid?

u welcome,
no not any reason, i just picked video i dlded form utube, and it was actualy the video with only trimmed shots of these things taken out from the news video, it was probably looped and then even slowed down, i was in hurry so picked the start and end of the clip bit randomly. I want to give it another shot but i would preffer to get the video from yahoo for it (looks like it has better resolution) anyone capabable of it?
i had no luck

i think it could be solved out if its windsurfers, by thinking about:

the shape of them vs direction they would have to travel to stay shaped like that vs wind-same for both

dont feel like doing it right now

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

.........interesting.....my biggest gripe, though, is WHY news shows have to trivialize this type of reporting with the stupid 'weird' background music!!!!!! no music would be better, and give it the seriousness this type of story deserves.....will we ever be free of the moronic thinking behind having music like this with every UFO sighting story? Ridiculous!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BG43214

.........interesting.....my biggest gripe, though, is WHY news shows have to trivialize this type of reporting with the stupid 'weird' background music!!!!!! no music would be better, and give it the seriousness this type of story deserves.....will we ever be free of the moronic thinking behind having music like this with every UFO sighting story? Ridiculous!!!

I agree with you. I soooo look forward to the day when they cannot deny the crystal clear footage right in front of their face. Then they will play and sing a different tune Im sure. I wonder why they dont play such silly tunes with half of the other bs they put on the news....

edit on 18-9-2010 by yigsstarhouse because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If you are replying to me, That is not the Hiller device I was referencing. Your picture shows a very early Hiller prototype. Please look at the link I provided and you will see what I mean, also I have already said the moving object looked cylindrical in the vertical plane, so you don't have to reiterate my words back to me. Also, the background lights are not moving, and if this object is a kite, where is the surfer/owner? and why would a surfer, or his kite, be in the vicinity of a barge and a large cruise ship. Apart from that, the actual size of both objects is undetermined. They could be much bigger than kites, or people or X3's

edit on 18-9-2010 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If you are replying to me, That is not the Hiller device I was referencing. Your picture shows a very early Hiller prototype. Please look at the link I provided and you will see what I mean, also I have already said the moving object looked cylindrical in the vertical plane, so you don't have to reiterate my words back to me.

So are you seriously suggesting it was a (modern or old) Hiller device then? I was pointing out the differences between the appearance of the moving object and the stationary one, which wasn't necessarily directed at you, but for those who thought the stationary blob and the moving blob were the same object. But I have to completely disagree that "the only thing that fits perfectly" is a Hiller platform. Sure it's possible, but certainly not likely in my opinion.

Also, the background lights are not moving, and if this object is a kite, where is the surfer/owner? and why would a surfer, or his kite, be in the vicinity of a barge and a large cruise ship. Apart from that, the actual size of both objects is undetermined. They could be much bigger than kites, or people or X3's

Yes I know the lights are stationary on the hillside, that's why I used them as a reference point to show that the ship, and consequently the viewing position, was moving. See my pic above showing the zoomed out footage. It shows that the objects are a considerable distance from the ship, answering why a kitesurfer would be in the vicinity. A kitesurfer wouldn't be too worried about ships 500m or more from them when they are not travelling towards them. This is a popular kitesurfing destination also, which I didn't know when I initially thought the moving object resembled a kite. And I wouldn't expect an average camera with 10x optical zoom (and 400x digital zoom) to pick up a kite surfer from that distance, as some of the zoom is probably digital zoom. Also the quality is probably not on the highest settings (HD). Now that I've answered why a kitesurfer would be there, I must ask...

What would a Hiller platform be doing there? Why would it be in the vicinity of a barge and a large cruise ship and a popular tourist destination?

I'm still not sure if you are seriously saying that this is the only thing that fits perfectly, or if it's "more in humour really".

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
UPDATE:

I just thought I'd let you folk know that the gentleman that took this footage replied to this clip I made. I have sent him a email as well, but this is what he said in his reply to the video. Maybe it will change a few perspectives or give a better perspective on things.

Just gotta put Sneakyset right!! The boat was doing 30 kph. 30 minutes out of Noumea, Decent chop on the sea. (Watch the barge take one over the rail). Distance to the objects were over 1.5 kms. You would be pushed to see kite surfers at the distance. Estimated height of objects ..around two storeys plus. Objects went into the wind. of 30 knots... no wash, no wake. Why is the video shaky? Coz I'm 70 next year and our cabin was 80 feet above the sea with a strong wind.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People who are allways complaining about shaky camera footage.... let me tell you this!

buy a camera... set it to x10 optical zoom and see if you can hold it still, i bet you cant!! and most people do not have tripods.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It looks to me like there might be something submerged that has two protruding appendages jutting out of the water. Watch as it rotates and think of a LARGE cylindrical submersible object with a box full of monitoring equipment mounted at each end... practicing maneuvers.

Or it could be saucer-shaped... considering how quickly it rotated... and how smoothly it did so.

edit on 19/9/2010 by Hedera Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So the one closest to the camera that appeared to move right, was moving into a 30 knot wind!

I have today off, so I am going to DL this stabilization program and run it.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join